Boxing Day: New York Knicks Leftovers @ Phoenix Suns 9pm
Author Thread
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
12/27/2012  12:23 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
Anji wrote:Yep. Just get further away from the point, makes you look better I guess.

The point was JR is Kobe. I said White is Kobe. You mentioned Lin

yep, little more, almost completely no where near the point.
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/27/2012  12:38 PM
Anyway back to the game topic. Kidd played a phenomenal game. Everything you want out of an efficient heady PG. Not sure if we win this game without Melo and Felton going 5-19. I think we lose like the Chicago and Houston game
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/27/2012  12:40 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:Yet again it seems that the offense is fine without Melo but the defense is actually worse

we're playing the Suns.
I like the team because I want Dragič to do good, but their defense is absolutely atrocious, especialy once Gortat leaves the floor.

In my opinion if anything the offense is fine without Felton...I can't see Melo NOT having a 30+ point game against the Suns, especialy with Beasley guarding him at some points.

They are a .600 home team right now. I don't know if that will keep up but they're probably at least a .500 home team.

Even if Knicks win tonight it doesn't mean we don't need Melo. Its the nba you can win on any night. We blew out Miami without Melo. The truth usually plays out. We've looked horrible without Melo outside of Miami and so far tonight

This team does need Melo. I don't think he's a top 10 player in the league but he does still help the team.

Oh this is just pure bull****, excuse my language.

Bonn usually doesn't bait like that. Most of the time he uses numbers and such. Cheers, Bonn. You havent lost your touch

I didn't mean it as baiting. It sounded like Guns was implying that I didn't think Melo helped the team and I was giving clarification for the record. Also, anyone who uses the advanced stats will not consider Melo a top 10 player. So given that everyone here knows by now that I do examine the stats, that part of the post should not surprise anyone.

So we are a top team in the east without a top 10 player then? Is that what you are saying?

yes

Just checking. Not that I agree with you. We are not the Detroit Pistons over here. We have THE most difficult player to defend on the planet (according to Kobe), and according to you Melo is not top 10 ? Meh, I'll take Kobe's word for it.

Most GMs are clueless about how much each player is contributing. That's why there's almost no correlation between team payroll and winning percentage. GMs don't know how much players are worth. I would not expect the players to know it either.
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
12/27/2012  2:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/27/2012  2:50 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:Yet again it seems that the offense is fine without Melo but the defense is actually worse

we're playing the Suns.
I like the team because I want Dragič to do good, but their defense is absolutely atrocious, especialy once Gortat leaves the floor.

In my opinion if anything the offense is fine without Felton...I can't see Melo NOT having a 30+ point game against the Suns, especialy with Beasley guarding him at some points.

They are a .600 home team right now. I don't know if that will keep up but they're probably at least a .500 home team.

Even if Knicks win tonight it doesn't mean we don't need Melo. Its the nba you can win on any night. We blew out Miami without Melo. The truth usually plays out. We've looked horrible without Melo outside of Miami and so far tonight

This team does need Melo. I don't think he's a top 10 player in the league but he does still help the team.

Oh this is just pure bull****, excuse my language.

Bonn usually doesn't bait like that. Most of the time he uses numbers and such. Cheers, Bonn. You havent lost your touch

I didn't mean it as baiting. It sounded like Guns was implying that I didn't think Melo helped the team and I was giving clarification for the record. Also, anyone who uses the advanced stats will not consider Melo a top 10 player. So given that everyone here knows by now that I do examine the stats, that part of the post should not surprise anyone.

So we are a top team in the east without a top 10 player then? Is that what you are saying?

yes

Just checking. Not that I agree with you. We are not the Detroit Pistons over here. We have THE most difficult player to defend on the planet (according to Kobe), and according to you Melo is not top 10 ? Meh, I'll take Kobe's word for it.

Most GMs are clueless about how much each player is contributing. That's why there's almost no correlation between team payroll and winning percentage. GMs don't know how much players are worth. I would not expect the players to know it either.

Kobe doesn't know what he is talking about ? Probably not a good argument there
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Syniko
Member: #3969

12/27/2012  5:21 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
Anji wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Anji wrote:I thought the post said " JR smith is Kobe talent minus Kobe discipline ".

How'd it get to "Kobe is the exact same player???" SMH

my bad. James White is Kobe minus the discipline

This is Bass Ackwards, even for you. Just imagine they said Lin has the skill set of Nash. Should make more sense.

Felton is Chris Paul minus the brain

Felton is Chris Paul minus the fat.

Syniko

12/27/2012  5:23 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Kobe vs smith just boils down to time and dedication if smith could spend the time kobe dose on the game he actually has potential to be better cause he's more athletic

Kobe was an athletic freak he still is at 36

Kobe ain't 36 you fool. He's 34.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/27/2012  5:28 PM
Syniko wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Kobe vs smith just boils down to time and dedication if smith could spend the time kobe dose on the game he actually has potential to be better cause he's more athletic

Kobe was an athletic freak he still is at 36

Kobe ain't 36 you fool. He's 34.

True but he came into the league at 17. He's an old 34 and still one of the best in the game. 17yrs in the league. His level of play is astonishing

Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
12/27/2012  5:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/27/2012  5:30 PM
Syniko wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Anji wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Anji wrote:I thought the post said " JR smith is Kobe talent minus Kobe discipline ".

This is Bass Ackwards, even for you. Just imagine they said Lin has the skill set of Nash. Should make more sense.

LOL.........SMH, the Derp is strong in you.

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
Syniko

12/27/2012  6:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/27/2012  6:01 PM
Anji wrote:
Syniko wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Anji wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

LOL.........SMH, the Derp is strong in you.

What did I say wrong? It's true isn't it? I'm just stating a fact without sugar coating it.

Boxing Day: New York Knicks Leftovers @ Phoenix Suns 9pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy