[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jeremy Lin= future l star
Author Thread
KnicksFE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3561

12/26/2012  8:48 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
nehemiah wrote:Gone is the often trotted out "small sample size".

Now you have "large enough sample size", and "multiple seasons" and "different systems, coaches".

It was a huge mistake to let go of Jeremy Lin. Matching what he got would have been a BARGAIN for the extra help we could have had to make our current serious run.

He has put together 4 or 5 consecutive games for the Rockets but the guy has under 60 games as a starter. He certainly is coming on and his run in NY was amazing. However, he has had a lot of disappointing games this year as well. I still think the Knicks needed a more veteran back court. Loved Lin when he was here but I think the Knicks were put in a position where they had to let him go to Hou.

This is why I was very pleased when the Knicks signed J Kidd, I thought he would bring a lot of experience and leadership to Melo, Shump and especially Lin, I really thought that trio could be our core for the present and future. Unfortunately, the Knicks as usual only thought about the present and decided to signed even more veterans, way too many in my opinion.
I have to admit that the Knicks with so many experience veterans, are doing really good this season, when playoff comes, we will see if this is enough to get by Miami, or whether they should have look at the future as well.

AUTOADVERT
babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
12/26/2012  8:50 AM
For some people (most are currently on my gnome list) it's championship or bust, and that means jeering along the way.

Just pop em on your ignore list and the board comes back to life before your eyes...

Occasionally a favorite poster of mine is baited into a discussion with Bonn and I have to scroll quickly to ignore the genius post of Bonn "I know you are but what am I".

Tkf has been very islesfan like himself lately.

Fishlike will never change. He hates melo, and melo is our star player, so that's like a done hating on Ewing during their runs...so not really ignore list worthy as he has some insight, but just have to understand where his head is at.

Let's go Knicks. That's amare
toad
Member: #4338

12/26/2012  8:57 AM
The guy is a good player. Why that causes some Knicks fans heads to explode is beyond me. The Knicks FO screwed up; sorry, but it's true. It's not the first time and it won't be the last.
ShellTopAdidas
Member: #3983

12/26/2012  9:55 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
NUPE wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
NUPE wrote:
ShellTopAdidas wrote:
NUPE wrote:Lin has been good for the last week to two weeks. Lin was playing like trash before that for about a month to 6 weeks.

When I made a thread tracking Lin's play you all cried bu bu bu it's not fair simply because I was posting Lin's terrible stats several times a week. LoL!

Lin overall has been average at very best. That is the truth. If you want to wipe out 5 or 6 weeks and focus on the last two weeks then have at it.

New team, new coach, just came off injury. How's he doing now?

Nothing you said contradicts my post. Lin played like crap for around five to six weeks. Felton has injuries to both hands and is not getting a break from anyone. Why should Lin get a break for taking 5+ months to heal from an injury that typically takes 5ish weeks to recover from. SMH!

Lin is playing well now, for about 10 to 14 days (two weeks). Kudos to him. However, he has not been better than Felton for the mass majority of the season as the season has been around 8 to 9 weeks now. Felton has been bad the last two weeks. Lin was bad for six weeks. Lin was so bad that all the Lin fans on this board would not even speak of him and cried when I posted his atrocious stats. That is just reality.

You know he was coming off knee surgery, right? Sometimes it takes a few weeks to get back to normal.

Lin had a knee surgery in April or May, 2012. Most players recover from the surgery Lin had in 5 to 6 weeks. The season started in November, 2012. Lin played like crap for six weeks. Lin is playing well now for the last two weeks. I always said I will give Lin credit if he plays well and he is and I am saying so. He has done it for two weeks. Played bad for six weeks. That is just a fact. Why is this even up for debate?

Again - HE COULD HAVE PLAYED IN THE PLAYOFFS AND DECIDED NOT TO - THE DOCTORS SAID HE COULD PLAY - LIN DECIDED NOT TO

could you imagine the vitriol on this board if Melo did the same? hahahahaha Holy Moses this messageboard sucks right now. See y'all in 2013

No way Melo or any smart player risk futher injury without a contract.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/26/2012  9:56 AM
The goal isn't just to win our division. It's to win a championship. You need as many weapons as possible. Felton's not a strong weapon. Lin might have been a difference-maker for us. Dolan may have been his own worst enemy.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/26/2012  9:57 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but if we resigned Lin, that last year of his contract would have cost us close to 50 mil. Am I right?!
Silverfuel
Member: #268
USA
Calm down people! Lin is a good player but he is not Chris Paul.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
VCoug
Member: #1406

Bonn1997 wrote:Dolan may have has always been his own worst enemy.

There you go, I fixed it for you.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Bonn1997
USA
12/26/2012  9:58 AM
Uptown wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but if we resigned Lin, that last year of his contract would have cost us close to 50 mil. Am I right?!

No, it would have depended on what Dolan did with the rest of the roster between now and then.
Bonn1997
USA
12/26/2012  9:58 AM
VCoug wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:Dolan may have has always been his own worst enemy.

There you go, I fixed it for you.

True; I was being a little charitable but you're right.
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
12/26/2012  9:59 AM
Lin playing against Miami wouldn't have mattered anyway, he shut it down because he knew he isn't good enough for that stage.

If this team is trying to win it all, guys who are scared to play with slight risks are not what the team needs.

All of our guys are playing hurt in the regular season mind you right now.

Uptown

12/26/2012  10:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/26/2012  10:03 AM
So Lin is averaging 18 pts per over the last 5 (small sample size) and now his on his way to stardom?

from Dec 2nd to Dec 9th, Felton average 21pts and 6 ast during a 5 game stretch. Why no stardom threads about Felton? The bias some of you guys posts is comical....

mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

12/26/2012  10:04 AM
Uptown wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but if we resigned Lin, that last year of his contract would have cost us close to 50 mil. Am I right?!

who cares? its not your money and it would not have counted against the cap. Also, if Lin did not pan out, they could have traded him in the last year to avoid the luxury tax hit.

Lin is miles and miles ..... and more miles better than what we have now and he is just getting warmed up.

FELTON IS AWFUL!!!! lets face the truth.

knickscity
USA
12/26/2012  10:08 AM
mrKnickShot wrote:

who cares? its not your money and it would not have counted against the cap. Also, if Lin did not pan out, they could have traded him in the last year to avoid the luxury tax hit.

Lin is miles and miles ..... and more miles better than what we have now and he is just getting warmed up.

Who picks up 15 mil worth of bad contract? But anyways, this is the typical knee jerk thread.

Lin will start playing subpar again and none of you will post about it.

Bonn1997
USA
12/26/2012  10:11 AM
Uptown wrote:So Lin is averaging 18 pts per over the last 5 (small sample size) and now his on his way to stardom?

from Dec 2nd to Dec 9th, Felton average 21pts and 6 ast during a 5 game stretch. Why no stardom threads about Felton? The bias some of you guys posts is comical....

The only way Felton can average 21 pts is if he takes 21 shots a game. He has never had a stretch like Lin is having now.
Uptown

12/26/2012  10:14 AM
mrKnickShot wrote:

Why should I not worry about money that will be used to build a contender out of my team? If Lin didn't pan out in year 1, what GM would be stupid enough to take on Lin's contract knowing about the massive salary cap hit waiting in year 3?

Lin is averaing 12 pts and 6 asts, explain how he's MILES better than Felton? Right now his highs might be a little better, but his lows are pretty pathetic and he's just as inconsistent.

It's more than obvious, you are not a fan of Felton just by reading numerous posts by you on Felton. And thats okay, its your opinion. But, to say Lin is miles better than Felton seems more emotional (since you dont like Felton) than factual at this point in Lins career. No?

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/26/2012  10:27 AM
I give the Houston GM a LOT of credit. In one offseason he was able to acquire a 23 year old star in Harden and with two strategic signings he got Asik(future all star) and Lin(future all star level) and when I say future all star--these guys are starting to do it now. For all of the moeny we have spent--it just seems ludicrous that we got nothing for lin--I said it the day he went and today. We shouldve signed and traded him later if that ws the case $$ but we couldve used Lins play even with Felton.
RIP Crushalot😞
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
12/26/2012  10:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/26/2012  10:35 AM
Thou Shalt Not Covet

Pablo Prigioni and Jr Smith (fire and ice) gives us more than enough talent to win and win in the playoffs.

Kidd and Felton can come off the bench. Shumpert is gravy.

Lin is gone. Go root for Houston.

once a knick always a knick
knickscity
USA
12/26/2012  10:34 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I give the Houston GM a LOT of credit. In one offseason he was able to acquire a 23 year old star in Harden and with two strategic signings he got Asik(future all star) and Lin(future all star level) and when I say future all star--these guys are starting to do it now. For all of the moeny we have spent--it just seems ludicrous that we got nothing for lin--I said it the day he went and today. We shouldve signed and traded him later if that ws the case $$ but we couldve used Lins play even with Felton.

We wouldn't have been 20-8 with Lin, sorry don't see it.

Every loss would have been doomsday all around the team.

ShellTopAdidas
Member: #3983

12/26/2012  10:39 AM
Uptown wrote:So Lin is averaging 18 pts per over the last 5 (small sample size) and now his on his way to stardom?

Have you ever actually WATCHED Lin play? Way smarter with the basketball, hands down!

Jeremy Lin= future l star

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy