[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

CHRISTMAS DAY: New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Lakers. 3:00 P.M (ABC).
Author Thread
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

12/26/2012  1:59 PM
smackeddog wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Re-watching this game. Felton really sucks

People are focusing on him, but outside of Melo and JR, no one is giving us much- even Kidd's 3pt shooting has vanished- we look tired, it's not just Felton.

but 5-20 nights from our PG is the primary problem.

AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
12/26/2012  2:02 PM
the knicks offense has slackened the last few weeks and the offense looks very disjointed to me. we have to hope that stoudemire comes off the bench and galvanizes the bench play on offense, while hopefully shumpert comes back and elevates the starting unit's defensive intensity.
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
12/26/2012  2:10 PM
Offense looks the same. Guys arent hitting shots.
NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
mrKnickShot

12/26/2012  2:13 PM
AnubisADL wrote:Offense looks the same. Guys arent hitting shots.

Its not the same. We are being defended differently.

Teams are running us off the 3 ball and forcing Felton to beat them in the (mid) lane.

Its working.

AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
12/26/2012  2:24 PM
We lost by 6 points. Dudes need to relax.

Felton is being Felton but we arent getting the same production from Kidd, Brewer, and Chandler.

NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/26/2012  2:29 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

People are focusing on him, but outside of Melo and JR, no one is giving us much- even Kidd's 3pt shooting has vanished- we look tired, it's not just Felton.

Yup. There is a reason the other teams are leaving him open.

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
12/26/2012  2:37 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Yup. There is a reason the other teams are leaving him open.

I think the free throw shooting had quite a bit to do with the loss.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/26/2012  2:39 PM
yep let felton go 5-19, 9-21, 9-30

Just hit your FTs and all is well

mrKnickShot

12/26/2012  2:44 PM
its not Felton its Brewer that is the issue
CrushAlot
USA
12/26/2012  2:54 PM
AnubisADL wrote:We lost by 6 points. Dudes need to relax.

Felton is being Felton but we arent getting the same production from Kidd, Brewer, and Chandler.

This.
dk7th
USA
12/26/2012  3:02 PM
looking at the boxscores from the beginning of the season there is simply not the same shot distribution, it is starting to trend towards a clump of 3 players taking 75% of the shot attempts.

the houston game was the first example of this on game 11
then chicago on game 19
then denver on game 20
then brooklyn game 21
then cleveland game 23
then chicago game 26
then minnesota game 27
then los angeles game 28

it looks like rasheed wallace is missed for one thing. but what made us so successful early-- spreading the FGA more evenly-- has started to disappear. it means the ball is not moving the way it had been and the result is a disjointed offense.

not guys missing shots.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
mrKnickShot

12/26/2012  3:03 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

This.

Crush/Anubis,

how about the minny game?

You guys are not worried? Even a bit?

mrKnickShot

12/26/2012  3:04 PM
dk7th wrote:looking at the boxscores from the beginning of the season there is simply not the same shot distribution, it is starting to trend towards a clump of 3 players taking 75% of the shot attempts.

then chicago on game 19
then denver on game 20
then brooklyn game 21
then cleveland game 23
then chicago game 26
then minnesota game 27
then los angeles game 28

it looks like rasheed wallace is missed for one thing. but what made us so successful early-- spreading the FGA more evenly-- has started to disappear. it means the ball is not moving the way it had been and the result is a disjointed offense.

not guys missing shots.

Part of the problem that you are referring to is caused by teams backing of Felton and forcing him to shoot. When they do this to Rondo, HE DOESNT SHOOT.

CrushAlot
USA
12/26/2012  3:05 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

This.

Crush/Anubis,

I missed the Minny game. I did watch some of the rewind but only remember Smith's incredible sequence. I am worried but I do think they will get back on track. I hope Felton sits tonight. A back court of Kidd and Prigs would definitely help with ball movement and shot distribution.

dk7th
USA
12/26/2012  3:08 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
dk7th wrote:looking at the boxscores from the beginning of the season there is simply not the same shot distribution, it is starting to trend towards a clump of 3 players taking 75% of the shot attempts.

then chicago on game 19
then denver on game 20
then brooklyn game 21
then cleveland game 23
then chicago game 26
then minnesota game 27
then los angeles game 28

not guys missing shots.

Part of the problem that you are referring to is caused by teams backing of Felton and forcing him to shoot. When they do this to Rondo, HE DOESNT SHOOT.

good point. opponent's see that felton is the achilles heel of the team. i really wish woodson would have kidd run the offense. even if he gets to the lane less, and even then he is looking to pass as JVG pointed out repeatedly yesterday, it is still better for the team in terms of cohesion.

mrKnickShot

12/26/2012  3:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

This.

Crush/Anubis,

I missed the Minny game. I did watch some of the rewind but only remember Smith's incredible sequence. I am worried but I do think they will get back on track. I hope Felton sits tonight. A back court of Kidd and Prigs would definitely help with ball movement and shot distribution.

I think that back court would be a HUGE improvement. Pablo also is a pretty pesky defender.

Now more than ever we see a glaring hole with no #2 scoring option.

If by some miracle Amare can stay healthy (and hit his jumper), maybe he can be that guy.

I propose we trade Felton for Andre Miller.

CrushAlot
USA
12/26/2012  3:10 PM
dk7th wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:

then chicago on game 19
then denver on game 20
then brooklyn game 21
then cleveland game 23
then chicago game 26
then minnesota game 27
then los angeles game 28

not guys missing shots.

good point. opponent's see that felton is the achilles heel of the team. i really wish woodson would have kidd run the offense. even if he gets to the lane less, and even then he is looking to pass as JVG pointed out repeatedly yesterday, it is still better for the team in terms of cohesion.

Brewer has been more open than Jeffries used to be lately as well.
mrKnickShot

12/26/2012  3:10 PM
dk7th wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:

then chicago on game 19
then denver on game 20
then brooklyn game 21
then cleveland game 23
then chicago game 26
then minnesota game 27
then los angeles game 28

not guys missing shots.

What will really need to do is trade for a real PG.

mrKnickShot

12/26/2012  3:11 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:

then chicago on game 19
then denver on game 20
then brooklyn game 21
then cleveland game 23
then chicago game 26
then minnesota game 27
then los angeles game 28

not guys missing shots.

Brewer has been more open than Jeffries used to be lately as well.

Yes. He is killing us too but he at least takes very few shots.

dk7th
USA
12/26/2012  3:15 PM
brewer is a confidence flow of the game shooter. if he isn't fed a ball regularly that has been passed around a bit on a possession, or worse, misses a few possessions, he loses whatever feel he has. pure shooters don't have this problem... losing feel i mean. but he does. same thing with jeffries. the only thing that'll help is keeping him involved more.
CHRISTMAS DAY: New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Lakers. 3:00 P.M (ABC).

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy