[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

CHRISTMAS DAY: New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Lakers. 3:00 P.M (ABC).
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/25/2012  10:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/25/2012  10:24 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Lakers are turning the corner. Nash was brilliant in stretches today.

If Pau hits those midrange free looks he gets they win by a wider margin easier.

Lakers have been a disaster.

cold knicks been playing above their heads?

Tune in and find out.........

Lakers are definitely turning it around. I think the margin of victory was about right. Pau missed some shots but MWP more than made up for it with his shooting.

Knicks playing over their heads? I don't think so. This was a close game. Knicks win this with Stat and Shumpert.

Amare and Shumpert dont play PG. And Amare most definitely don't play defense either.

Shump actually has played PG, but his importance resides on reclaiming that starting SG spot that would make Felton either remain a starter but play less minutes with Kidd being his official backup or simply going to the bench with Kidd a starter. Probably will be the first option, with Kidd manning the team in the fourth quarter.

Feb-
4th quarter:
Tyson
Amare
Melo
Shump
Kidd

Starting 5:
Tyson
Amare
Melo
Shump
Felton

AUTOADVERT
loweyecue
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #1037

12/25/2012  10:27 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
Nalod wrote:Lakers are turning the corner. Nash was brilliant in stretches today.

If Pau hits those midrange free looks he gets they win by a wider margin easier.

Lakers are definitely turning it around. I think the margin of victory was about right. Pau missed some shots but MWP more than made up for it with his shooting.

Knicks playing over their heads? I don't think so. This was a close game. Knicks win this with Stat and Shumpert.

Amare and Shumpert dont play PG. And Amare most definitely don't play defense either.

Shump actually has played PG, but his importance resides on reclaiming that starting SG spot that would make Felton either remain a starter but play less minutes with Kidd being his official backup or simply going to the bench with Kidd a starter. Probably will be the first option, with Kidd manning the team in the fourth quarter.

Feb-
4th quarter:
Tyson
Amare
Melo
Shump
Kidd

Starting 5:
Tyson
Amare
Melo
Shump
Felton

We can get Kidd-Prigs to start right now. Or Kidd-JR. Felton needs to come off the bench till he settles down or is fully healed or whatever he heck his issue is get's resolved.

TKF on Melo ::....he is a punk, a jerk, a self absorbed out of shape, self aggrandizing, unprofessional, volume chucking coach killing playoff loser!!
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
12/25/2012  10:37 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
loweyecue wrote:
MSG3 wrote:

No but they help the pg not force shots and relive the pg from handling the ball so much. Right now bigs are staying home in the paint most of the time now to take the lob away. Felton is driving to force the big to come over but since Chandler can not cath anything below his shoulders(semi-exaggeration) the floater is the next best option or FT jumper.

Amar'e changes the option on the PnR because

A) he slips most picks creating a different passing lane since he can catch below his shoulders.

B) He can pick and pop.

C) If the screen is switch he can actually post up guards unlike the 7-1 center who can't tale advantage of being guarded by Steve flippin Nash

Iman Shumpert can handle the ball some and although he was bad last year as a PnR ball handler hopefully hanging around the vets has helped him. He still can isolate and hit open jumpers. He got better every month with his shooting so that was a very good sign.

Agree. Shump and Amare will add a lot when they come back.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/26/2012  12:02 AM
the carrot orange traffic cone uniforms looked awful on TV.

They have to never be used again!

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/26/2012  12:08 AM
Nalod wrote:the carrot orange traffic cone uniforms looked awful on TV.

I thought Kidd or Felton passed to Brewer on one possesion early in the game because they were blinded and thought he was Melo with his matching headband. Maybe Brewer should wear a yellow caution headband so his teammates can check him off before they pass to a teammate.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
12/26/2012  9:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/26/2012  9:06 AM
Nalod wrote:the carrot orange traffic cone uniforms looked awful on TV.

Ugly uniforms for a middle school. dreadful for an NBA charter franchise.

Marketing has its limits. You still gotta play the game and when the attire is a distraction, or a foul magnet, there is something wrong with the priorities

Yes, uniform color can influence foul calls. The color white is associated with innocence and purity. Orange is a color of tension and, as in the case of road signals or work attire, an emergency.

Stupid decision.

once a knick always a knick
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
12/26/2012  9:12 AM
Unis need more blue, but I liked them.

The Knicks are currently wearing thin from all the injuries and a pretty tough schedule in our first month. But still they have the chance to go into the New Year posting back to back 11-4 months. With key rotation guys coming back.

I see no reason to go bat**** crazy because we fell short in LA in the last 5 minutes of the fourth quarter.

This team hasn't even peaked yet.

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
VCoug
Member: #1406

12/26/2012  9:15 AM
Anji wrote:Unis need more blue, but I liked them.

The Knicks are currently wearing thin from all the injuries and a pretty tough schedule in our first month. But still they have the chance to go into the New Year posting back to back 11-4 months. With key rotation guys coming back.

I see no reason to go bat**** crazy because we fell short in LA in the last 5 minutes of the fourth quarter.

We peaked at 6-0 to start the season. Since the our defense has tanked and we've looked like a team that will struggle to get out of the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Anji
USA
12/26/2012  9:20 AM
VCoug wrote:

We peaked at 6-0 to start the season. Since the our defense has tanked and we've looked like a team that will struggle to get out of the 2nd round of the playoffs.

How can this team peak with players like Amare and Shumpert never playing a possesion???

Need some prospective man. We still have 20 wins before January.

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
12/26/2012  9:37 AM
Anji wrote:
VCoug wrote:

How can this team peak with players like Amare and Shumpert never playing a possesion???

Exactly. It's December only. Give it until the All Star Break before you jump off the bandwagon.

VCoug

12/26/2012  9:39 AM
Anji wrote:
VCoug wrote:

Because we haven't played anywhere near that well since, I'm not sold on Amare fitting in offensively, and I don't know what to expect from Shumpert who's coming off an ACL tear which typically takes 1.5 to 2 years to recover from.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
12/26/2012  9:39 AM
VCoug wrote:
Anji wrote:
VCoug wrote:

Because we haven't played anywhere near that well since, I'm not sold on Amare fitting in offensively, and I don't know what to expect from Shumpert who's coming off an ACL tear which typically takes 1.5 to 2 years to recover from.

Shumpert will be fine. See Adrian Peterson.

VCoug

12/26/2012  9:53 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Anji wrote:
VCoug wrote:

See Osi Umenyiora, Tom Brady, David West, Kendrick Perkins, and a whole host of other players who took at least a year and a half to fully recover. Also, Adrian Peterson doesn't have a history of knee injuries like Shumpert.

mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

12/26/2012  9:58 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
KnicksMetsJets wrote:
Clean wrote:Didnt this same thing play out with Felton the last time he was with us? Start the year playing great then hurt his hand and brick shots the rest of the time.
this is why we got him cheap and why no other team wanted him

Whats up Irish. Liking the new handle. Merry Christmas bro

haha - I realized this early yesterday but did not wanna call him out.

Sup JC/IKF/KMJ?

Anji
USA
12/26/2012  10:00 AM
JC??? Who was that???

Was that the "I'm just kidding" guy.

Anji
USA
12/26/2012  10:04 AM
VCoug wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
VCoug wrote:
Anji wrote:
VCoug wrote:

See Osi Umenyiora, Tom Brady, David West, Kendrick Perkins, and a whole host of other players who took at least a year and a half to fully recover. Also, Adrian Peterson doesn't have a history of knee injuries like Shumpert.

Shumps is the youngest of the players you mentioned. Either way though, 90 percent of Shumps defensively is still pretty good. It's not like we're asking him to carry the team, just play a good 25 minutes a game.

Everything isn't black clouds for the Knicks, we have 4 guys coming back that fill out the roster and definitely make us better.

mrKnickShot

12/26/2012  10:06 AM
Anji wrote:JC??? Who was that???

Was that the "I'm just kidding" guy.

JCrusher - I was joking
IrishKnickFan - I was kidding
KnicksMetsJets - I agree with you

mrKnickShot

12/26/2012  10:11 AM
tkf wrote:
NUPE wrote:
tkf wrote:
nycisgreat wrote:Felton poor play and bad officiating cost us this one.

it was bad for both teams, knicks 9-26 from three and 9-16 from the line cost us this game...

This. I would not point the finger at Woody or any single player. Knicks had plenty of chances and opportunities to win despite dumb officiating and Felton throwing up bricks.

i just don't understand the need to scapegoat right now... had the knicks taken a few less threes and hit a few more FT's we win despite some poor performances, and lets keep it real, JR smith is not going to give us 25 every night, so he made up for some of the slack as well... we missed 7 ft's and missed a lot of threes...LA made some plays down the stretch.. it was a combination of them making plays and us missing opportunities....

haha @ TKF

No need to "scapegoat" LMFAO!!

LOL

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/26/2012  1:30 PM
Re-watching this game. Felton really sucks
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/26/2012  1:42 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Re-watching this game. Felton really sucks

People are focusing on him, but outside of Melo and JR, no one is giving us much- even Kidd's 3pt shooting has vanished- we look tired, it's not just Felton.

CHRISTMAS DAY: New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Lakers. 3:00 P.M (ABC).

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy