[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

CHRISTMAS DAY: New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Lakers. 3:00 P.M (ABC).
Author Thread
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

12/24/2012  3:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/24/2012  3:47 PM
Christmas Gameday Thread:

NYK: 20-7 overall. (8-5 away from MSG). 1 game win streak.
LAL: 13-14 overall. (8-6 home record). 4 game winning streak.

C: Chandler vs Howard.
PF: Carmelo vs Gasol.
SF: Brewer vs Artest.
2G: Kidd vs Bryant.
PG: Felton vs Nash.

NYK Bench: J.R Smith, Steve Novak, Pablo Prigioni, Kurt Thomas, Chris Copeland and Marcus Camby.
LAL Bench: Chris Duhon, Antawn Jamison, Darius Morris, Jodie Meeks, Jordan Hill and Devin Ebanks.

AUTOADVERT
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
12/24/2012  3:41 PM
^^^ Is that the out of shape loser that tanked MDA out of NewYork??
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
12/24/2012  3:48 PM
Wow. That clip from 92 gave me goosebumps. Everybody knew what channel the tv was on on that day.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
sidsanders
Member: #2426

12/24/2012  3:56 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Wow. That clip from 92 gave me goosebumps. Everybody knew what channel the tv was on on that day.

get the nba back on nbc...

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
TeamBall
Member: #4386

12/24/2012  4:12 PM
Should I be worried about Melo guarding Pau? Or is he rarely gonna be in the post anyway?
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
NYKMentality

12/24/2012  4:16 PM
sidsanders wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Wow. That clip from 92 gave me goosebumps. Everybody knew what channel the tv was on on that day.

Damn, I myself miss NBA basketball on NBC. Childhood memories you know. The announcers were spectacular. It was more than just basketball being played/viewed over NBC, it's the likes of Marv Albert in which made basketball on NBC special. Marv Albert is one of the greatest (lead) play-by-play announcers I've ever heard. Bob Costas was smooth as ever while leading the pre-game show. Both Mike Fratello and Magic Johnson gave us outstanding insight. Bith Ahmad Rashad and Jim Gray gave top of the line interviews. Hannah Storm was our first NBC woman voice in which we all fell in love with. Bill Walton was much better back then when compared to now. Then during the late 90's they added Doug Collins and Isaiah Thomas.

I love TNT due to Albert and Collins.

IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

12/24/2012  4:32 PM
This game will be one FOR THE AGES!!

NASTY NASH IN YO AREA, CAUSING THE HYSTERIA

NEW YORK GETS TO SEE WHAT MDA COULD HAVE DONE FOR US IF HE HAD A GUY THAT WAS EVEN MAYBE HALF THE TALENT OF NASH

LAKERS GET TO SEE THAT MELO DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT MDA AND HIS FANCY PANTS!!

IT'S A CHRISTMAS SHOWDOWN, ONE FOR THE AGES!!!

How amped am I for this match-up?

I rank it at number 1 of all games so far this season

Only way it can be better is if Woodson is planning a secret Amar'e comeback and he comes out of the tunnel to start the second half!!!

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
IronWillGiroud

12/24/2012  4:38 PM
NYKMentality wrote:
sidsanders wrote:

Damn, I myself miss NBA basketball on NBC. Childhood memories you know. The announcers were spectacular. It was more than just basketball being played/viewed over NBC, it's the likes of Marv Albert in which made basketball on NBC special. Marv Albert is one of the greatest (lead) play-by-play announcers I've ever heard. Bob Costas was smooth as ever while leading the pre-game show. Both Mike Fratello and Magic Johnson gave us outstanding insight. Bith Ahmad Rashad and Jim Gray gave top of the line interviews. Hannah Storm was our first NBC woman voice in which we all fell in love with. Bill Walton was much better back then when compared to now. Then during the late 90's they added Doug Collins and Isaiah Thomas.

I love TNT due to Albert and Collins.

Reminds me of this song:

A little off topic but this is about this guy's childhood listening to the games on the radio channel, sort of some analogue with the situation of our childhood where I remember NBA on NBC

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
NYKMentality

12/24/2012  4:39 PM
TeamBall wrote:Should I be worried about Melo guarding Pau? Or is he rarely gonna be in the post anyway?

Nah, but the Lakers should be worried about Melo.

I believe both Melo and Kobe with compete against eachother with a burning desire to perform with greatness during a Nationally Televised viewing. Better yet a Christmas Day Holiday. Melo Anthony vs. Kobe Bryant? This could become a good one. Two scoring phenoms going at it. Almost as exciting Jordan vs. Starks and/or a little more exciting than a John Starks vs. Reggie Miller matchup. Melo vs. Bryant can become epic. Could be on the verge of of enjoying a Christmas day thriller. Which ever player out performs the other, his team then has a strong chance of winning. It's Kobe Bryant vs Carmelo Anthony time. I have my money on Carmelo Anthony this stage of their careers. But ready for war when going up against the closest thing since Jordan himself in Kobe Bryant.

Jason Kidd vs. Steve Nash. An all-time classic matchup right here.

Tyson Chandler vs. Dwight Howard. These two big men battle down low against one another each and every time. Tyson Chandler usually comes out on top too. For some reason, has Howard's number. Ready for a physical contest between these two big men. Hopefully our refs allow these two BIG's to slug it out down low. Fight for the boards. Allow them to box out and body up one another. That's basketball.

Brewer vs. Artest is also a good matchup. Defense. Defense and more defense. Which ever team gets offense out of these two should consider it as an early Christmas day bonus. Great defensive matchup here.

With all that said, I simply love our bench with the likes of J.R Smith, Steve Novak and maybe even Marcus Camby. Pablo can always be trusted with the rock. Kurt Thomas always brings his lunch box to work and Copeland seems to be a rising role player off the bench.

Win or Lose, I just wanna see our Knicks compete. A win would wrap up the Christmas heading into our family dinner around 7 or 8:00.

IronWillGiroud

12/24/2012  4:49 PM
I feel like I take a much more broad perspective when games like this come to town, I of course root for the Knicks but I am just as excited to watch Steve Nash run the Kobe Dwight Pau offense, it's gonna be a frickin blast!!!

Saving lame christmas day, I guess i should be grateful for my family and inlaws but i'm in a rut right now so thanks for steve Nash

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/24/2012  6:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/24/2012  6:04 PM
Felton should be able to exploit Nash and his lack of defense. We should be able to know down some open 3's. Lakers are still learning to play together
NYDiva
Member: #4387

12/24/2012  6:08 PM
Knicks/Lakers & the Heat/Thunder game is must-see-TV for me.
NYKMentality

12/24/2012  6:56 PM
NYDiva wrote:Knicks/Lakers & the Heat/Thunder game is must-see-TV for me.

Same here.

I can't really get into the Brooklyn/Boston game. Therefore I'd rather spend time with the family leading up to the Knicks game before wasting time watching the Nets/Celtics play it out. Two Atlantic Division teams in which I couldn't care less about.

Houston and the Bulls? I'll watch it during Christmas dinner and pull for a Houston win due to Chicago being an Eastern Conference team, but other than that? I won't be tuned in as in focused on a Rockets/Bulls matchup.

Clippers and Nuggets at 10:30? I'll be getting ready for sleep by that time. Hopefully with my daughter sound asleep due a fun and long Christmas day.

5 games during tomorrow. Only two games in which I'll get up for. Knicks/Lakers. Immediately following our game is the OKC @ Miami. With all that said, I'd love to enjoy that Miami-OKC matchup, but I won't be able to enjoy that game unless our Knicks take care of Los Angeles.

Overall? A great day of NBA basketball. Our Knicks are one of the top NBA stories as well.

OGkush121
Member: #4392

12/24/2012  7:40 PM
Funny statistic, MDA's Lakers are at the moment a better defensive team than Woodson's Knicks.
However Woodson's Knicks are at the moment a much better offensive team than MDA's Lakers.

See the irony?

Back on topic:
It's obvious, isn't it? It's going to be Melo vs Kobe again, and I honestly expect the same (although not as easy) result, hopefully the c.u.n.t that is Howard won't knock Melo down again out of frustration. If that doesn't happen then I expect both of them to have 30+ points EASILY, probably atleast 1 of them is going to hit 40 provided we don't see an injury or a very early blowout.
That said I'm obviously rooting for Carmelo & The Knicks and am just as positive about it as last time.

It's going to be a great game to watch, some wonderful matchups all around and if the Knicks win I can then easily enjoy the other games on schedule :).

Go Knicks!

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/24/2012  8:00 PM
OGkush121 wrote:Funny statistic, MDA's Lakers are at the moment a better defensive team than Woodson's Knicks.
However Woodson's Knicks are at the moment a much better offensive team than MDA's Lakers.

See the irony?

Back on topic:
It's obvious, isn't it? It's going to be Melo vs Kobe again, and I honestly expect the same (although not as easy) result, hopefully the c.u.n.t that is Howard won't knock Melo down again out of frustration. If that doesn't happen then I expect both of them to have 30+ points EASILY, probably atleast 1 of them is going to hit 40 provided we don't see an injury or a very early blowout.
That said I'm obviously rooting for Carmelo & The Knicks and am just as positive about it as last time.

It's going to be a great game to watch, some wonderful matchups all around and if the Knicks win I can then easily enjoy the other games on schedule :).

Go Knicks!

Maybe a Knick should knock Howard around a bit. That was a horrible foul on Melo. Could have ended his season.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
12/24/2012  8:21 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
OGkush121 wrote:Funny statistic, MDA's Lakers are at the moment a better defensive team than Woodson's Knicks.

See the irony?

Back on topic:

Go Knicks!

Maybe a Knick should knock Howard around a bit. That was a horrible foul on Melo. Could have ended his season.

OLD man Howard can't block shots at the apex all the time like he used to. Sometimes he just jumps through the other players chest now.
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/24/2012  10:41 PM
can't wait for this one - want to crush 's squad so bad
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
holfresh
Member: #1081

12/24/2012  11:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/24/2012  11:09 PM
Are breaking out the Christmas orange uni's???...Or is that home gear???
NUPE
Member: #4205

12/25/2012  8:10 AM
holfresh wrote:Are breaking out the Christmas orange uni's???...Or is that home gear???

This christmas uni's are for today's games.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

12/25/2012  10:19 AM
Eventhough we lost, this was my second all time fav Christmas moment....Historical

CHRISTMAS DAY: New York Knicks @ Los Angeles Lakers. 3:00 P.M (ABC).

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy