[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GAME THREAD: ROCKETs @KNICKS 18-5: Dec. 17 Monday, Lin & Harden take aim at Garden undefeated record
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/18/2012  5:49 PM
Lin is also 24. Felton is approaching 30. Lot more upside with Lin
AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
12/18/2012  5:54 PM
the bottom line is that lin sees the floor better than felton and is working on maintaining his dribble. felton is not working on maintaining his dribble and does not see the floor well at all. the first stint this was clear and this stint as well. you can't teach court vision, can you.

the end result is that lin is going to end up being the better orchestrator.

felton was a cheap stop gap for a win-now team. he may take care of the ball pretty good but a bad shot is the same as a turnover, especially come playoff time.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
gunsnewing
USA
12/18/2012  5:57 PM
Said it before and I will say it again. Since the first stint, people have been mistaking PnR play and alley-oops with good pg play. By that I mean overlooking court vision and lack of midrange game. The attributes all elite PGs have
gunsnewing
USA
12/18/2012  5:59 PM
Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
#Knicks telecast last night of Linsanity ruling Garden highest rated of season for MSG Network. No shock.

Can't say I'm surprised. Dolan is a silly silly man

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/18/2012  6:09 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Lin is also 24. Felton is approaching 30. Lot more upside with Lin

Yeah, they're having comparable (and unimpressive) seasons but there's much more upside with Lin.

gunsnewing
USA
12/18/2012  6:14 PM
I love the 18-6 start but last night really restored the sour taste in my mouth from the off-season. Not sure if I will ever get over it. A flawless off-season by Grunwald except the the one major blimp on the radar from Dolan. Part of me enjoyed Lin's early struggles but when he embarrasses us like he did last night, it really tough to stomach
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

12/18/2012  6:16 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Said it before and I will say it again. Since the first stint, people have been mistaking PnR play and alley-oops with good pg play. By that I mean overlooking court vision and lack of midrange game. The attributes all elite PGs have

I doubt people were overlooking it as much as they are aware of that is what this team needs from there pg. Does he frustrate people with the quick threes and long twos off the screen? Yes. However when you run the PnR with just a player that can only score at the rim that's what you get. Teams have changed up there D and are staying home on their man while the two defending the PnR are giving Ray the shot because the big man is staying home with Chandler. It is not a coincidence that Noah and Asik have caused trouble for that play. Those are two good defenders that learned under Thibs and there are very long players.

Now lets look at some synergy numbers on point per possession.

This year Felton is averaging .79 ppp on the pnr and turning it over 12.9% of the time.But, lets look at how the roll man is doing- Chandler’s been far better with Felton. He’s the number one roll man in the league, averaging 1.44 ppp and turning it over just 3.5% of the time.Last year he averaged 1.18 ppp and turned it over 11.2% of the time as the roll man.

So, we know Ray can't shoot so how do they get him to stop shooting bad shots and can you? I think you can with the addition of Amar'e if he shoot is back to normal. He gives Ray more options and is not trapped being just a finisher at the rim so Ray does not have to continue driving down the lane to wait for a lob opening or try to finish at the rim. What if that cuts down Ray shots by 3 or 4? Plus add the possession when he just brings the ball up and let Kidd or Melo initiate the offense with Amar'e.

yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

12/18/2012  6:26 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I love the 18-6 start but last night really restored the sour taste in my mouth from the off-season. Not sure if I will ever get over it. A flawless off-season by Grunwald except the the one major blimp on the radar from Dolan. Part of me enjoyed Lin's early struggles but when he embarrasses us like he did last night, it really tough to stomach

I like Lin and still like Lin but if he can't shoot off the ball he would be no good here. I also think Woodson defense against Houston sucked and it's an ugly trend. both Lin and Harden struggle against teams that trap or give a hard hedge off the PnR. As bad of a defender as Novak is he always hedges hard(sometimes too hard) on the PnR and it disrupted Lin and Harden. You also saw a weakness in Harden that he struggled to beat Novak off the dribble and he has had trouble in isolation this year but he is I believe the best PnR finisher this season.

I do give Lin mad props for the game he played. He was good and hopefully he will continue to do well and pick up his shooting.

GAME THREAD: ROCKETs @KNICKS 18-5: Dec. 17 Monday, Lin & Harden take aim at Garden undefeated record

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy