[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GAME THREAD: ROCKETs @KNICKS 18-5: Dec. 17 Monday, Lin & Harden take aim at Garden undefeated record
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/18/2012  12:32 PM
Overall I was disappointed with the effort and with the lack of pride in defending home court and the win streak. If they had put up more of a fight this loss wouldn't really bother me considering who we are missing.
AUTOADVERT
TeamBall
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4386

12/18/2012  12:35 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I don't get how that is a dig. If it was the media would've picked it up and ran with it. He is giving extra credit to a guy who he feels doesn't get enough credit. He did this all the time with Jeffries, novak, shump and tyson. He didn't say Melo and Amare would only help a little.

With that said it is not impossible that Lin holds a bit of a grudge against those guys especially Melo. Lin really stole their spotlight. I don't think its as big a deal with Amare cause Melo already had stole his in 2011

How do you know that (serious question)? Did he say it in the post game conference?

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/18/2012  12:44 PM
I took the Shump shout out as a deep respect with his very good friend. He did something similar last year when Shump was not selected in the Rookie/Soph game.
3G4G
Member: #4333

12/18/2012  12:57 PM
NYDiva wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
NYDiva wrote:
Lin also took a subtle dig at Anthony when talking about the Knicks not being healthy.

“They’re not their full team and at the top of the list is Shump [Iman Shumpert],’’ Lin said. “He’s a difference-maker. And Carmelo and Amar’e [Stoudemire] obviously didn’t play.’’

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/knicks_suffer_fall_lin_garden_x0xxyt5INZrgPqheAxy2pI

Thoughts?

When I first read TKF's post, I just assumed Lin was talking about how they were able to bypass the Knicks' defense. Seeing it now, it does seem like a not so subtle dig at not only Melo but Amare as well. Kind of like a "Shumpert would have made all the difference for this team...oh yeah and Melo and Amare could have helped also".

Yeah, same here. I'm surprised by that. I can see him giving Shump props; I agree that he is a difference-maker, as I stated above. But it's as he was acting as if Melo & Amar'e were afterthoughts or something. Like "oh, yeah, the superstar and the 6-time All-Star could have helped, too."

This reminds me when Melo thought of Amar'e and Chandler as afterthoughts to begin the season as true Team Leaders

NYDiva
Member: #4387

12/18/2012  1:00 PM
Shump was my favorite player last year. I'm the first one to give him his due. But I think Shump gets plenty of credit for what he does. He gets praise for his defensive tenacity and his athleticism. He's not been overlooked. Plenty of Knick fans talk him up and he is mentioned in the media (as much as Amar'e, no, but he is also not a 6-time AS making 100 mil, either.)

So I don't think Lin needs to give him any "extra credit" or put him above Melo or Amar'e. But that's what he did.

But, as someone said earlier: Lin is no innocent.

mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

12/18/2012  1:02 PM
NYDiva wrote:Shump was my favorite player last year. I'm the first one to give him his due. But I think Shump gets plenty of credit for what he does. He gets praise for his defensive tenacity and his athleticism. He's not been overlooked. Plenty of Knick fans talk him up and he is mentioned in the media (as much as Amar'e, no, but he is also not a 6-time AS making 100 mil, either.)

So I don't think Lin needs to give him any "extra credit" or put him above Melo or Amar'e. But that's what he did.

It will be nice to see when Shump starts getting credit for his OFFENSE

NYDiva

12/18/2012  1:03 PM
3G4G wrote:
NYDiva wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
NYDiva wrote:
Lin also took a subtle dig at Anthony when talking about the Knicks not being healthy.

“They’re not their full team and at the top of the list is Shump [Iman Shumpert],’’ Lin said. “He’s a difference-maker. And Carmelo and Amar’e [Stoudemire] obviously didn’t play.’’

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/knicks_suffer_fall_lin_garden_x0xxyt5INZrgPqheAxy2pI

Thoughts?

When I first read TKF's post, I just assumed Lin was talking about how they were able to bypass the Knicks' defense. Seeing it now, it does seem like a not so subtle dig at not only Melo but Amare as well. Kind of like a "Shumpert would have made all the difference for this team...oh yeah and Melo and Amare could have helped also".

Yeah, same here. I'm surprised by that. I can see him giving Shump props; I agree that he is a difference-maker, as I stated above. But it's as he was acting as if Melo & Amar'e were afterthoughts or something. Like "oh, yeah, the superstar and the 6-time All-Star could have helped, too."

This reminds me when Melo thought of Amar'e and Chandler as afterthoughts to begin the season as true Team Leaders

I don't recall that ever happening, but okay. Wasn't interested in any kind of tit-for-tat, just wanted to discuss what Jeremy Lin said yesterday.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/18/2012  1:04 PM
Sorry but people are just reaching now to further discredit Lin. He embarrassed us last night. I understand the truth is too difficult to bare and better off suppressed
NYDiva

12/18/2012  1:08 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
NYDiva wrote:Shump was my favorite player last year. I'm the first one to give him his due. But I think Shump gets plenty of credit for what he does. He gets praise for his defensive tenacity and his athleticism. He's not been overlooked. Plenty of Knick fans talk him up and he is mentioned in the media (as much as Amar'e, no, but he is also not a 6-time AS making 100 mil, either.)

It will be nice to see when Shump starts getting credit for his OFFENSE

Haha, yeah. He needs to improve his jumper and his shot selection. I'm hoping he's worked on his shot during rehab. He will certainly need a better shot to compensate for any athleticism he may have lost due to his injury.

NYDiva

12/18/2012  1:13 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Sorry but people are just reaching now to further discredit Lin. He embarrassed us last night. I understand the truth is too difficult to bare and better off suppressed

Who is reaching? Marc Berman of the NY Post? He is the one who reported it as a 'subtle dig'. I wouldn't have even seen the article had it not been referenced here. I usually read the Daily News or the Times.

TeamBall

12/18/2012  1:13 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Sorry but people are just reaching now to further discredit Lin. He embarrassed us last night. I understand the truth is too difficult to bare and better off suppressed

Thinking he took a jab at Melo and Amare does nothing to change his performance in last nights game. But i'll let you go ahead with your assumptions

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
12/18/2012  1:15 PM

Somebody is gushingly glowing like some pipe was laid.

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/18/2012  1:22 PM
Since when is Marc Berman the voice of reason? He is also diggin...
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/18/2012  1:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/18/2012  1:30 PM
3G4G wrote:
NYDiva wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
NYDiva wrote:

Thoughts?

yea, good point.. Listen, lin may play the Naive role a bit here, but he is no fool, and the young fella knows the difference between leadership and lack thereof... i honestly think he doesn't respect amare, carmelo or chandler as leaders... last year, all of them had the chance to take on that role and and help our season even more.. all of them failed.. amare failed losing his cool, chandler seemed a bit two faced and 3G you know what I mean here, and melo was just a baby last year( and please I am not going to get into any silly melo debates people so I won't address this any further) plain and simple... so yea, I can see lin taking a dig at all of them, and justifiably so....

the fact that he refrenced a rookie as a difference maker, was no mistake...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
NYDiva

12/18/2012  1:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/18/2012  1:38 PM
tkf wrote:
3G4G wrote:
NYDiva wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
NYDiva wrote:

Thoughts?

yea, good point.. Listen, lin may play the Naive role a bit here, but he is no fool, and the young fella knows the difference between leadership and lack thereof... i honestly think he doesn't respect amare, carmelo or chandler as leaders... last year, all of them had the chance to take on that role and and help our season even more.. all of them failed.. amare failed losing his cool, chandler seemed a bit two faced and 3G you know what I mean here, and melo was just a baby last year( and please I am not going to get into any silly melo debates people so I won't address this any further) plain and simple... so yea, I can see lin taking a dig at all of them, and justifiably so....

And Lin was the guy saying he was 85%, yet refused to play in the playoffs. Perhaps those guys didn't respect that from him? This goes both ways. Amar'e for all his stupidity with the fire extinguisher, did suit up and play vs the Heat. Unlike Lin.

Frankly, if he didn't respect those guys as leaders on the team, it's for the better that he's in a different environment now. The Knicks don't seem to have any leadership issues without him. But I'm glad you can admit that it was a dig...because it sounds like it was to me.

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
12/18/2012  1:41 PM
tkf wrote:
3G4G wrote:
NYDiva wrote:
TeamBall wrote:
NYDiva wrote:

Thoughts?

Yea I agree that's pretty bad.

I mean Lin is only in his 3rd year, with only half a season's worth of starts, and taking swipes at tenured guys like Melo, Amare, and Chandler who've been in the league a combined 30+ years.

What a douche bag.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/18/2012  1:58 PM
Berman is making an nice issue and we all went back to reread the quote.

Please, they guy was good friends with Shump and he said "obviously melo and amare".

I know many of you have problems with lin and look to discredit him to feel better and hope he falls on his face.

Bottom line we lost a game missing three starter form last years team. Melo is playing at MVP like status and without him we look bad. Makes one think what in the hell happened in Miami? Felton looked bad, Kidd was not great and Rockets tore knicks a new one.

Jeremey spoken, clear as the day..........

NYDiva

12/18/2012  2:01 PM
I think my confusion stems from why he feels he even needs to take digs?

He is paid. He's away from guys he apparently didn't see as leaders, including DEH EVUL MELO. He's away from the crazy NYC atmosphere, in which he couldn't go out w/o drawing attention. He's beaten the Knicks twice. The Rockets have a shot to make the playoffs, they're only a half game behind the Jazz for the 8 spot. Why is he taking little jabs?

TeamBall

12/18/2012  2:04 PM
Nalod wrote:Berman is making an nice issue and we all went back to reread the quote.

Please, they guy was good friends with Shump and he said "obviously melo and amare".

I know many of you have problems with lin and look to discredit him to feel better and hope he falls on his face.

Bottom line we lost a game missing three starter form last years team. Melo is playing at MVP like status and without him we look bad. Makes one think what in the hell happened in Miami? Felton looked bad, Kidd was not great and Rockets tore knicks a new one.

Jeremey spoken, clear as the day..........

Why is it that when something negative is said about someone, there is always someone who lumps that person in with some hate group? Is it really that hard to believe that I may actually think Lin took a jab but at the same time have no problems with Jeremy? Do I have to either love and support everything he does or hate with him with a passion and have there be no in between?

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/18/2012  2:15 PM
Shump and Lin are very good friends. Lin mentioning Shump before Melo or Amare is not malicious.
GAME THREAD: ROCKETs @KNICKS 18-5: Dec. 17 Monday, Lin & Harden take aim at Garden undefeated record

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy