nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
12/13/2012  11:37 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
matt wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:D'Antoni is more tense then I have ever seen him.

He got saved by the Melo injury. It would have been worse if he kept on playing

I noticed that. He didn't look this bad until the very end of his NY stint

He looked stressed after the Jazz loss but this is worse.

Most NBA coaches hate to lose. Do you know any that enjoy that? He knows that he's not under the gun in LA after such a short time and with key players not being there. It's just annoying to watch guys play lousy BB. He'll be alright once they get healthy and they have more time to work with the team. Looks like Kobe and D12 are also not doing too good health wise.

AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/13/2012  11:37 PM
This is why I never trust the Knicks. How does it go from slight sprain Tina to Melo saying his ankle and knee is really sore..smh
IrishKnickFan
Member: #4171

12/13/2012  11:39 PM
gunsnewing wrote:This is why I never trust the Knicks. How does it go from slight sprain Tina to Melo saying his ankle and knee is really sore..smh
he mentioned his hip too
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

12/13/2012  11:39 PM
gunsnewing wrote:This is why I never trust the Knicks. How does it go from slight sprain Tina to Melo saying his ankle and knee is really sore..smh

a slight sprain does not mean that it is not sore. We will no more tomorrow but I think he will be fine.

gunsnewing
USA
12/13/2012  11:44 PM
Hopefully it was the ankle that got the brunt of the damage
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
12/13/2012  11:44 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:

a slight sprain does not mean that it is not sore. We will no more tomorrow but I think he will be fine.

I think he could have come back if he was needed. Melo is going to play Saturday.
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
gunsnewing
USA
12/13/2012  11:46 PM
against the Cavs on the road when you have Houston Monday? I doubt it
MSG3
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2476
USA
12/13/2012  11:47 PM
gunsnewing wrote:against the Cavs on the road when you have Houston Monday? I doubt it

Cavs is home

MSG3
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2476
USA
12/13/2012  11:48 PM
Tyson just said he thinks it's a short term thing after talking to him. There was also no need for X-rays or MRI they said.
gunsnewing
USA
12/13/2012  11:48 PM
MSG3 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:against the Cavs on the road when you have Houston Monday? I doubt it

Cavs is home

You are right. 6 game home stand counting tonight

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/14/2012  12:26 AM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
matt wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:

Most NBA coaches hate to lose. Do you know any that enjoy that? He knows that he's not under the gun in LA after such a short time and with key players not being there. It's just annoying to watch guys play lousy BB. He'll be alright once they get healthy and they have more time to work with the team. Looks like Kobe and D12 are also not doing too good health wise.

He lost an awful lot in ny but I never saw him like tonight. He seemed close to breaking down. I am hard on him but I also watched almost 300 press conferences of his. Tonight was different.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/14/2012  1:05 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
matt wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:

He lost an awful lot in ny but I never saw him like tonight. He seemed close to breaking down. I am hard on him but I also watched almost 300 press conferences of his. Tonight was different.

Losing in NY those 1st 2 years was something they knew would happen. I don't get your point tho. Is he gonna quit soon knowing he's got Nash eventually coming back and a 3 yr deal? Don't be so glib about MDA going thru a tough stretch. I think ANY coach would be frustrated by losing the way they have. It's embarrassing and i'm sure he wanted to come in and get the team winning. Now that he's in the job he sees just how messed up the situation is and it's a tough spot to just jump into.

I believe that the Laker Brass will have to make changes to the roster and I think they will work with him to improve the team.

mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

12/14/2012  1:12 AM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
matt wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:

Losing in NY those 1st 2 years was something they knew would happen. I don't get your point tho. Is he gonna quit soon knowing he's got Nash eventually coming back and a 3 yr deal? Don't be so glib about MDA going thru a tough stretch. I think ANY coach would be frustrated by losing the way they have. It's embarrassing and i'm sure he wanted to come in and get the team winning. Now that he's in the job he sees just how messed up the situation is and it's a tough spot to just jump into.

I believe that the Laker Brass will have to make changes to the roster and I think they will work with him to improve the team.

I love when GM's shake up MDA teams. It is the ultimate theatrical roller coaster.

MinsHeartsReezy
Member: #872
USA
12/14/2012  2:28 AM
mrKnickShot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
matt wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:

I love when GM's shake up MDA teams. It is the ultimate theatrical roller coaster.

It's a sad sight to see...his limp really makes the image that much worse poor guy. Even at the worst of times he always used his wit and humor to lighten things up. It would help if the players didn't look and speak as though they were completely hopeless too. Did they really think they would be a great team instantly? New coach, 2 new starters, 2 injured starters, no training camp, implementing the offense on the fly... They'll be fine in the long run but the short term looks as though it's draining the life from MDA. The pressure in LA can't be worse than it is in NY right?

Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
12/14/2012  3:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/14/2012  3:11 AM

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
sidsanders
Member: #2426

12/14/2012  4:43 AM
MinsHeartsReezy wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
matt wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:

It's a sad sight to see...his limp really makes the image that much worse poor guy. Even at the worst of times he always used his wit and humor to lighten things up. It would help if the players didn't look and speak as though they were completely hopeless too. Did they really think they would be a great team instantly? New coach, 2 new starters, 2 injured starters, no training camp, implementing the offense on the fly... They'll be fine in the long run but the short term looks as though it's draining the life from MDA. The pressure in LA can't be worse than it is in NY right?

not sure if its sarcasm... if not, the lakers have had 5 losing seasons in 50 years. that is a team and fan base that feels like they should always be in the hunt for a title. i would agree they will get going most likely at some point, however this current teams play has to be driving folks crazy there. lakers have hired some coaches who didnt last long or after some disappointing play have been fired: brown, harris (coming off a 61 win season), pfund

maybe they should avoid hiring potato themed nickname coaches.

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

12/14/2012  7:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/14/2012  7:12 AM
Tyson Chandler went head to head with Dwight Howard tonight. Competed against Dwight Howard blow for blow (as always).

Dwight Howard: 38 minutes. 20 points off 8/11 shooting, 7 boards, 1 block, 1 assist and 2 turnovers.
Tyson Chandler: 36 minutes. 18 points off 5/5 shooting, 4 boards, 1 block, 2 assists and 1 turnover.

Dwight Howard gets all the hype as the best Center around due to his ability to score with volume numbers and/or rebound off the boards like a machine, but Tyson Chandler is a more efficient scorer, doesn't kill his team at the free throw line, a much better leader when compared to Dwight Howard, impacts on the defensive end just as much (if not more) when compared to Howard and last but not least, has something in which Dwight Howard doesn't; which is an NBA Championship after helping to eliminate the Miami Heat as the Mavericks starting Center.

There are some really good Center's in todays NBA such as Marc Gasol (very impressive), Andrew Bynum (when healthy), DeMarcus Cousins (on a losing team) and Dwight Howard, but as of today's NBA? I couldn't ask for a more productive Center when compared to Tyson Chandler. He's a natural leader. A true defensive force. A championship winning Center. Cleans up anything and everything near the proximity of the rim. Excellent finisher down low. Amazing I.Q in regards to the Center position and/or what it takes to win down low. He's a true 7'1 Center. Can compete with anyone off the boards (currently ranked 14th with 9.6 boards per game). He also includes a good 2-4 tip-out's per game in which doesn't get credited as a rebound for whatever reason that may be. So, his season average of 9.6 boards per game is deceiving in an underrated way.

mattshaw78
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #915
12/14/2012  8:23 AM
BlueSeats "I like anyone who can make Lebron cry. Melo seems to do it a lot."
TeamBall
Member: #4386

12/14/2012  9:02 AM
mattshaw78 wrote:

Wow Amare did a good job dropping all that muscle he put on last season

Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/14/2012  10:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/14/2012  10:56 AM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
matt wrote:
FoeDiddy wrote:

this is why I don't like players acting as GM's.... the magic had a great deal with the nets to move dwight, not sure what happened there, but I do hold dwight responsible to a large degree for that whole fiasco.... I want the lakers to move him honestly, first of all he is not a dantoni player... move dwight, heck see if the Heat will take him for bosh, pick and some fillers...

Dwight has really grinded on my nerves and honestly his play has not been great, not sure if he is completely healthy.. either way he is part of the problem that is the LA lakers...

As far as dantoni I know he is frustrated and not sure why he came on knowing that hOWARD would be there, knowing what kind of team the lakers have.. maybe he knows something that we don't? changes?

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Game Thread: The Return of Pringles: Knicks vs. Lakers Thursday 8PM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy