[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game thread: THE GIANT REMATCH, THE GAME OF THE SEASON IT'S ALL HERE KNICKS NETS, KNICKS PUT THE STAMP ON THE EASTERN CONFERENCE
Author Thread
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
12/12/2012  9:08 AM
IronWillGiroud wrote:Talk about flopping though, what Jason Kidd did at the end for the 4-point play opportunity is definitely flopping. He creates the contact by kicking his leg out and then he drops like a sack of potatoes.

Total flop, but it's the flop we like and allow because he does it without making it obvious, he's smooth with it.

Absolutely not. Flopping is faking contact. What Kidd did could have been called an offensive foul for sticking out the leg to create contact, but to say that was a flop is incorrect.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
AUTOADVERT
NUPE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4205

12/12/2012  9:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/12/2012  9:59 AM
dk7th wrote:nice comeback for the win, but this is not what a second round or conference finals type of game is going to look like. nets could have used lopez in there as a lane clogger. melo has great form on his shot now that he is healthy. he is noticeably quicker this season so it's great that he is finally in reasonable shape and taking it to good defenders like wallace. last year we would not have seen this. melo's most effective isolation shot is that right low post to baseline spin ending in a fadeaway. funny how that is a more difficult shot than if he were to do it from the left side. he did that on wallace last night and gallinari the previous game. it is unguardable so he should definitely be given the green light to use it when it is called for. you have to wonder about the defense because of how the nets kept it close in spite of the 45 points. the way melo was scoring the ball you'd have expected a dismantling and not a one-possession clutch 3-pointer. a big key to the win was a very high rate of return off of nets turnovers. they only made 11 turnvers but the knicks turned them into 17 big points. our ball movement was also very good at times.

as jvg pointed out, the knicks are a better team with melo at the 4. stoudemire must now come off the bench but as i said at the time of the trade and ever since, the two players are redundant. smart and shrewd posters like tkf have wondered about the fallout of paying a guy 20 mill to come off the bench but all this winning makes the pr nightmare go away.

LoL, the Knicks are around 8 - 1 (reg season) with Stat and Melo on court under Woodson. Their sole playoff win in the last decade came with Stat and Melo and Woodson. Stat and Melo will be perfectly fine so long as the coach puts them in a position to succeed. I am so tired of this they are redundant BS. Melo can barely finish around the rim, rebounds less and blocks less than Amar'e. Melo excels mid-range and Amar'e excels at the hoop. It is not redundant. It is on the coach to get the most out of them both. If Melo can excel with Tyson and Kurt / Sheed on the floor I don't see why he can't do the same with Amar'e on the Court.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/12/2012  10:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/12/2012  10:07 AM
NUPE wrote:
dk7th wrote:nice comeback for the win, but this is not what a second round or conference finals type of game is going to look like. nets could have used lopez in there as a lane clogger. melo has great form on his shot now that he is healthy. he is noticeably quicker this season so it's great that he is finally in reasonable shape and taking it to good defenders like wallace. last year we would not have seen this. melo's most effective isolation shot is that right low post to baseline spin ending in a fadeaway. funny how that is a more difficult shot than if he were to do it from the left side. he did that on wallace last night and gallinari the previous game. it is unguardable so he should definitely be given the green light to use it when it is called for. you have to wonder about the defense because of how the nets kept it close in spite of the 45 points. the way melo was scoring the ball you'd have expected a dismantling and not a one-possession clutch 3-pointer. a big key to the win was a very high rate of return off of nets turnovers. they only made 11 turnvers but the knicks turned them into 17 big points. our ball movement was also very good at times.

as jvg pointed out, the knicks are a better team with melo at the 4. stoudemire must now come off the bench but as i said at the time of the trade and ever since, the two players are redundant. smart and shrewd posters like tkf have wondered about the fallout of paying a guy 20 mill to come off the bench but all this winning makes the pr nightmare go away.

LoL, the Knicks are around 8 - 1 (reg season) with Stat and Melo on court under Woodson. Their sole playoff win in the last decade came with Stat and Melo and Woodson. Stat and Melo will be perfectly fine so long as the coach puts them in a position to succeed. I am so tired of this they are redundant BS. Melo can barely finish around the rim, rebounds less and blocks less than Amar'e. Melo excels mid-range and Amar'e excels at the hoop. It is not redundant. It is on the coach to get the most out of them both. If Melo can excel with Tyson and Kurt / Sheed on the floor I don't see why he can't do the same with Amar'e on the Court.

NUPE THose are legit concerns, I think the fallout of our 20 mil man coming off the bench may be huge... I just don't see it going so smooth with amare and his 20 mil off the bench, this has the potential to be a PR nightmare and a distraction.. but for now the knicks are playing well, last night was a game I actually enjoyed although a bit concerned that it took 45 points and a great game from kidd as well to beat a nets team without lopez... anyway we will take it... with the good comes the bad as well nupe, the knicks are going to have to be sharper, when carmelo and kidd are playing this well, we need to put teams away... with that said, last nights game was fun to watch for a change with the knicks.. at least for me.... felton was a disappointment but he played hard, i can respect that.. Blatche outplayed chandler, but tyson battled, i can respect that.. carmelo had an efficient game, I can respect that.. Kidd was great and I can respect that.. most imprssive for me were kidds 6 boards and 6 dimes and defense on joe johnson.. so while I have my concerns still with this team, i saw some things I liked.. and they gutted out a tough game....

I will say I am becoming a bit concerned with our defense.. it seems as if teams work the ball enough on the knicks they get not just a good shot, but a GREAT shot.. we have to tighten that up..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
12/12/2012  10:11 AM
NUPE wrote:

well lets hope you're right and i am wrong. somehow i don't think you'll be lol'ing but we'll see.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
NUPE

12/12/2012  10:15 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/12/2012  10:17 AM
tkf wrote:
NUPE wrote:

NUPE THose are legit concerns, I think the fallout of our 20 mil man coming off the bench may be huge... I just don't see it going so smooth with amare and his 20 mil off the bench, this has the potential to be a PR nightmare and a distraction.. but for now the knicks are playing well, last night was a game I actually enjoyed although a bit concerned that it took 45 points and a great game from kidd as well to beat a nets team without lopez... anyway we will take it... with the good comes the bad as well nupe, the knicks are going to have to be sharper, when carmelo and kidd are playing this well, we need to put teams away... with that said, last nights game was fun to watch for a change with the knicks.. at least for me.... felton was a disappointment but he played hard, i can respect that.. Blatche outplayed chandler, but tyson battled, i can respect that.. carmelo had an efficient game, I can respect that.. Kidd was great and I can respect that.. most imprssive for me were kidds 6 boards and 6 dimes and defense on joe johnson.. so while I have my concerns still with this team, i saw some things I liked.. and they gutted out a tough game....

I will say I am becoming a bit concerned with our defense.. it seems as if teams work the ball enough on the knicks they get not just a good shot, but a GREAT shot.. we have to tighten that up..

Amar'e has always been a team player and has never had issues with selfishness as a Sun or Knick. Amar'e did not complain after Melo came and got the lions share of shots. Amar'e has already said he is fine coming off the bench. Amar'e looks to be in excellent shape. I doubt he will be coming off the bench in the long run. Even off the bench, he will get starters minutes. I am sure Amar'e would rather come off the bench and win then start and lose. It is a non-issue. Under Woodson, the Knicks have won with Amar'e and Melo playing together. That is simply a fact rather than a hope and a dream.

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
12/12/2012  10:18 AM
tkf wrote:
NUPE wrote:

Well said tkf.

This Knicks team is not a perfect bunch, even defensively allowing both the Nuggets and now the Nets shoot high percentages. This can be fixed though, and Woodson being a defense first coach, will continue to work on it with this team.

One encouraging sign is all these comeback victories in the 4th quarter. Against the Spurs, Bobcats, Nuggets. There is no quit in this team...they actually believe that no lead is big enough. That's a credit to both Woodson and Kidd.

Shumpert's perimeter D and Amare's rebounding and shot blocking should only help the D, as long as Woody's at the helm.

NUPE

12/12/2012  10:19 AM
dk7th wrote:
NUPE wrote:

well lets hope you're right and i am wrong. somehow i don't think you'll be lol'ing but we'll see.

The people yammering doom and gloom about Amar'e are the same people that yammered doom and gloom about the Melo trade, not resigning Lin, signing Felton and signing Kidd. At least you guys are consistent! I think Amar'e will only make this team better starting or off the bench based on his play with Melo at the end of last season AND the addition of competent point guards to run PnR with.

TeamBall
Member: #4386

12/12/2012  10:23 AM
tkf wrote:
NUPE wrote:

What the hell was up with that first quarter? The Knicks played like they've never seen a team move the ball before. GREAT win though (spent all morning talking trash to the Nets fans in my class). I just hope the Knicks stop thinking they can coast through the game and then turn on the defense in the 4th
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
12/12/2012  10:38 AM
NUPE wrote:The people yammering doom and gloom about Amar'e are the same people that yammered doom and gloom about the Melo trade, not resigning Lin, signing Felton and signing Kidd. At least you guys are consistent! I think Amar'e will only make this team better starting or off the bench based on his play with Melo at the end of last season AND the addition of competent point guards to run PnR with.

No one currently discussing this is "yammering doom and gloom". Just expressing concern about fitting in a big piece to a team that is playing well.

I for one am not concerned. I think Amare will fit in well with the 2nd unit, and finish games if he is playing up to par on the defensive end. I don't see Woody as one who will keep him in there to the determent of the team, and it is much easier for him to make that decision to pull Amare if necessary due to the good start the Knicks have had.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/12/2012  10:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/12/2012  1:26 PM
it took 45 points
... he can't even bear to type the man's name out.
So funny it's sad.

At least you have the redeeming quality of liking Stat, tkf.

Given his recent history of stupidity, and the way things are rolling right now, I think Amare comes back and accepts whatever role Woody deems is necessary to keep winning.

The H20 contract aside, Stat is going to give us the best chance at PF to advance beyond the first round. Guarding Tyson doesn't place a huge amount of stress on someone like Blatche. Having to cover Stat will cause other teams headaches. Particularly a fresh, healthy Stat.

Life continues to be good!

Did Novak even play last night? I think I heard about one deflection. [bone thrown to the Somberanians]

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/12/2012  10:44 AM
Andrew wrote:
NUPE wrote:The people yammering doom and gloom about Amar'e are the same people that yammered doom and gloom about the Melo trade, not resigning Lin, signing Felton and signing Kidd. At least you guys are consistent! I think Amar'e will only make this team better starting or off the bench based on his play with Melo at the end of last season AND the addition of competent point guards to run PnR with.

No one currently discussing this is "yammering doom and gloom". Just expressing concern about fitting in a big piece to a team that is playing well.

I for one am not concerned. I think Amare will fit in well with the 2nd unit, and finish games if he is playing up to par on the defensive end. I don't see Woody as one who will keep him in there to the determent of the team, and it is much easier for him to make that decision to pull Amare if necessary due to the good start the Knicks have had.

maybe not universally, but there is certainly a large component of people spewing venomous BS about how we're all going straight to hell. Making things significantly less enjoyable than they were before all these front runners showed up/returned

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/12/2012  10:47 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:I was on the road but it looks like Melo had a career night in terms of points and efficiency. Anyone have a highlight video of the game?

Bonn1997 wrote:This one is pretty good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLT-VwaFVw8

Mr .470 having a monster game has you talking to yourself?

VCoug
Member: #1406

12/12/2012  11:00 AM
NUPE wrote:

Couple of things. Melo is at his best when he's at the basket; he's nearly unstoppable when posting or driving to the hoop. And to say he excels when playing with Wallace/Thomas doesn't mean much when it comes to Amare. Offensively, Wallace basically camps out around the three point arc and stays there's; Thomas barely plays and when he does he really only games 15-18 foot jumpers. Amare and Melo are most effective when operating within about 10 feet of the basket and Tyson is only effective in the paint.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/12/2012  11:20 AM
tkf wrote:

Exactly Knicks overplay them early in the shot clock and then just break down. Def need to fix that

tkf
12/12/2012  11:22 AM
TeamBall wrote:
tkf wrote:
NUPE wrote:

What the hell was up with that first quarter? The Knicks played like they've never seen a team move the ball before. GREAT win though (spent all morning talking trash to the Nets fans in my class). I just hope the Knicks stop thinking they can coast through the game and then turn on the defense in the 4th

yea, that can cost them.. I do think they need to expand the rotation a bit.. playing defense for 48 minutes is taxing.. you need fresh bodies...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
12/12/2012  11:23 AM
Guys cannot out run the ball. The Knicks do the same thing by swinging the ball.

We are going to have penetration when Felton and Kidd cant stay in front of their man.

NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
tkf
12/12/2012  11:24 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
tkf wrote:

Exactly Knicks overplay them early in the shot clock and then just break down. Def need to fix that

there were two backdoor plays on cuts that led to easy baskets, one to watson the other to williams I think.. just way too easy at that point in the game...

NUPE

12/12/2012  11:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/12/2012  11:42 AM
VCoug wrote:
NUPE wrote:

Couple of things. Melo is at his best when he's at the basket; he's nearly unstoppable when posting or driving to the hoop. And to say he excels when playing with Wallace/Thomas doesn't mean much when it comes to Amare. Offensively, Wallace basically camps out around the three point arc and stays there's; Thomas barely plays and when he does he really only games 15-18 foot jumpers. Amare and Melo are most effective when operating within about 10 feet of the basket and Tyson is only effective in the paint.

I'd wager, that thus far this season, Melo has been at his best around the mid-range. He is also shooting excellent from 3. These are the areas where he as done a lot of damage. Around the rim, he has been okay but has been missing a lot of layups. I have not checked stats. I am just going by what I have seen.

Amar'e and Melo played well last year under Woodson. Woodson has shown he can get the most out of this rosters strengths while minimizing its weaknesses. Amar'e has been a team player his entire career. I don't foresee any clash between Amar'e and Melo. If Amar's can do 17 and 7.5 (his career low from last year) with increased efficiency, 1.5 blocks and limit his TO that would be fine. That is very doable. If he is hitting his mid-range shot then he can easily exceed or meet last years figures. Amar'e would essentially be taking shots from Felton, JR Smith and Rasheed. That is fine. None of those players have been efficient. Melo will get plenty of opportunites. Amar'e should excel in the PnR with Kidd and Felton. Amar'e should be able to stretch defenses a bit with his jumper. Amar'e should get one to three easy dunks per game. I don't see how Amar'e is a negative.

I essentially throw everything that occurred under Dantoni out the window. I am focused on what has occurred under Woodson. Under Woodson, they should be fine.

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
12/12/2012  1:08 PM
NUPE wrote:

they are a better team with melo at the 4 spot. your memory of stoudemire's game is a bit fuzzy so i will clear things up for you. he excels at finishing at the hoop off the pick and roll. this poses redundancy with chandler. meantime when stoudemire wants to work from the elbow for his later-developed jumper that causes redundancy for carmelo.

amare is odd-man out through no fault of his own but since he wants to contribute to a title run he should be more than willing to take an "i'll do whatever is best for the team" approach. it's a win-win for him if he comes off the bench: he does not disrupt the chemistry of the starting unit and he gets to wreak havoc in pick and roll and elbow with the second unit.

the guy you want back in the starting lineup is shumpert, who would replace brewer-- or even felton. people forget shumpert is listed at 6'5".

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
12/12/2012  1:11 PM
dk7th wrote:
NUPE wrote:

they are a better team with melo at the 4 spot. your memory of stoudemire's game is a bit fuzzy so i will clear things up for you. he excels at finishing at the hoop off the pick and roll. this poses redundancy with chandler. meantime when stoudemire wants to work from the elbow for his later-developed jumper that causes redundancy for carmelo.

amare is odd-man out through no fault of his own but since he wants to contribute to a title run he should be more than willing to take an "i'll do whatever is best for the team" approach. it's a win-win for him if he comes off the bench: he does not disrupt the chemistry of the starting unit and he gets to wreak havoc in pick and roll and elbow with the second unit.

the guy you want back in the starting lineup is shumpert, who would replace brewer-- or even felton. people forget shumpert is listed at 6'5".

6'5 with the wingspan of a condor.

Game thread: THE GIANT REMATCH, THE GAME OF THE SEASON IT'S ALL HERE KNICKS NETS, KNICKS PUT THE STAMP ON THE EASTERN CONFERENCE

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy