Game: Knicks go to Heat cool them off nice
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/7/2012  12:37 AM
K22 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Still in shock we won this game despite the NBA doing every thing they can to ensure a Heat win

Wait till the playoffs.

Hopefully Miami continues to stink it up and loss the league's respect but I really hope you are wrong

AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/7/2012  1:02 AM
Up here in the north carolina mts fot the week enjoying this super house got to watch the knicks wax the heat good win better yet no mela have a good week fellas.
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
gunsnewing
USA
12/7/2012  1:08 AM
tkf wrote:Up here in the north carolina mts fot the week enjoying this super house got to watch the knicks wax the heat good win better yet no mela have a good week fellas.

Me and Nalod tried to let the fellas know that you were downright euphoric tonight but they wouldn't listen saying you must be miserable instead

gunsnewing
USA
12/7/2012  1:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/7/2012  1:10 AM
This is why individual awards and acculades are nonsense. You win and lose as a team
knixphan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #258
Switzerland
12/7/2012  2:44 AM
3...is a magic number. Yes it is....
(at least tonight)
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
Hersports85
Member: #4397

12/7/2012  3:17 AM
tkf wrote:Up here in the north carolina mts fot the week enjoying this super house got to watch the knicks wax the heat good win better yet no mela have a good week fellas.

Disgusted by this comment

JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

12/7/2012  4:25 AM

Feels good, man.

"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/7/2012  8:09 AM
Hersports85 wrote:

Disgusted by this comment

same... I'm somewhat surprised that a former moderator at another board (albeit one of the worst messageboards of any type on the web) is the biggest troll this forum has ever seen

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
SupremeCommander

12/7/2012  8:13 AM
you know, I'm starting tot hink that the way the Knicks are built is the rock to the Heat's scissors... kind of like how the NY Giants just happened to be built the best way possible for beating the Patriots and Packers of the world. So, not necessarily the best team in the sport, just optimized for beating a certain style of ball
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
12/7/2012  8:17 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:you know, I'm starting tot hink that the way the Knicks are built is the rock to the Heat's scissors... kind of like how the NY Giants just happened to be built the best way possible for beating the Patriots and Packers of the world. So, not necessarily the best team in the sport, just optimized for beating a certain style of ball

Good point....and that is because we are very balanced and very deep. Give the Knicks front office some credit for assembling this team. Notice how many players were already good defensively before they got here.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
12/7/2012  8:31 AM
very satisfying win tonight. the heat looked flummoxed, baffled. lebron's expression was priceless.

kerr said a couple of things worth bearing in mind.

1)while he believes that "the knicks are for real, the real deal," he maintained that age will very likely be a factor and will remain a question mark as the season progresses.
2)he also wonders what happens with stoudemire and shumpert. he said that he thinks shumpert displaces ronnie, a notion that seems sound. but the chemistry question with stoudemire remains. it's tough because i believe stat is actually going to return to action before shumpert.

i will add:

3)as others have said, we were hoisting up a bunch of threes (by necessity), but 44 threes and hitting at a 40% clip is categorically impossible to sustain.
4)the low turnover rate is a very big deal for this team. and a key stat: miami got a paltry 8 points off turnovers!
5)i have been saying that a player like carmelo pretty much plays in a vacuum and remains closer to a zero-sum player for the most part. the way the knicks played without carmelo-- dismantling the champs (high rate of 3-point conversions notwithstanding) is a positive sign.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
SupremeCommander

12/7/2012  8:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/7/2012  8:37 AM
dk7th wrote:very satisfying win tonight. the heat looked flummoxed, baffled. lebron's expression was priceless.

1)while he believes that "the knicks are for real, the real deal," he maintained that age will very likely be a factor and will remain a question mark as the season progresses.
2)he also wonders what happens with stoudemire and shumpert. he said that he thinks shumpert displaces ronnie, a notion that seems sound. but the chemistry question with stoudemire remains. it's tough because i believe stat is actually going to return to action before shumpert.

i will add:

3)as others have said, we were hoisting up a bunch of threes (by necessity), but 44 threes and hitting at a 40% clip is categorically impossible to sustain.
4)the low turnover rate is a very big deal for this team. and a key stat: miami got a paltry 8 points off turnovers!
5)i have been saying that a player like carmelo pretty much plays in a vacuum and remains closer to a zero-sum player for the most part. the way the knicks played without carmelo-- dismantling the champs (high rate of 3-point conversions notwithstanding) is a positive sign.

I really think #4 is why the Knicks keep winning - well, that and their usually great FT shooting. I think that deserves to be #1 (although I don't think your points are ordered). The Heat are a transition team. Rebound and don't turn the ball over and, well, you should have a chance against the Heat. I know the Knicks are a poor rebounding team but they are miles better than the Heat in that category

As for the 3 point percentage, I don't entirely agree. Obviously the high percentage can kill another team's momentum, but even still... If the Knicks had hit 33% of their threes last night, they still end up beating Miami.

Gymkata
Member: #3169

12/7/2012  9:11 AM
The conventional wisdom keeps saying "The 3pt shooting can't keep up" and I suppose that's true, but hoisting away, at least in this game, doesn't bother me because a) most of those shots come within the flow of the offense and are open takes and b)minus Melo and STAT, on the road, against the Big Dog in the East, sometimes you're just going to have to nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way.
"I can not say all the secrets."
AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
12/7/2012  9:26 AM
Pretty sure Dallas won a championship with raining 3 pointers on opposing teams.
NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
cooch2584
Member: #1187

12/7/2012  9:29 AM
IMO the turning point in the game was when pablo got that slow mo layup. You could see brons face flush and he lost confidence in his team. And wtf kinda coaching does spo do? The timeout when hes telling his team its all in their head etc.... kinda sounds like pat the rats coaching style dont it. Then they cut to Woodys timeout and hes being passionate and rallying his team. I LOVE WOODY
cooch2584

12/7/2012  9:31 AM
Another point, I dont mind them taking all the 3s because we have a bunch of guys that can hit the three. All of them aint gonna be off on the same nite and as long as they are open 3s NO PROBLEM HERE
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
12/7/2012  9:32 AM
There is No Such Thing As Conventional Wisdom

Gymkata wrote:The conventional wisdom keeps saying "The 3pt shooting can't keep up" and I suppose that's true, but hoisting away, at least in this game, doesn't bother me because a) most of those shots come within the flow of the offense and are open takes and b)minus Melo and STAT, on the road, against the Big Dog in the East, sometimes you're just going to have to nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way.

1. We protect the basketball. 7 turnovers last night. Total. Last year that was one quarter.

2. We took 30 more shots than Miami. Nice.

3. We have a storied tradition of hitting the open man. It is in our DNA.

4. Any open look is a good shot. Making 33 per cent from three is equivalent to 49 per cent on a two pointer. We shoot it for 40. Nice.

5. Novak, JR, Felton, Melo and Kidd (sometimes Pablo, Brewer and Sheed) can make a long distance open look.

6. Chicks dig the long ball

once a knick always a knick
cooch2584

12/7/2012  9:37 AM
I like what Wally said post game,hitting 3s at 33% is like hitting 2s at 50%,very nice analogy. Also like Wally and his insite as a player in his post game. Maybe thats why they replaced Kelly with Wally. Kelly was good but his experience as a player doing the analyzing was in another era. Wally understands the players now.JMHO
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
12/7/2012  10:06 AM
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
gunsnewing
USA
12/7/2012  10:13 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
dk7th wrote:very satisfying win tonight. the heat looked flummoxed, baffled. lebron's expression was priceless.

i will add:

I really think #4 is why the Knicks keep winning - well, that and their usually great FT shooting. I think that deserves to be #1 (although I don't think your points are ordered). The Heat are a transition team. Rebound and don't turn the ball over and, well, you should have a chance against the Heat. I know the Knicks are a poor rebounding team but they are miles better than the Heat in that category

As for the 3 point percentage, I don't entirely agree. Obviously the high percentage can kill another team's momentum, but even still... If the Knicks had hit 33% of their threes last night, they still end up beating Miami.

Yep the low TO's is the one constant that has led us to 14-4. Huge against the Heat

Game: Knicks go to Heat cool them off nice

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy