[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game: Knicks go to Heat cool them off nice
Author Thread
IronWillGiroud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4359

12/6/2012  7:16 AM
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
AUTOADVERT
IronWillGiroud

12/6/2012  7:17 AM
Everyone was saying the Heat were not into the last game because of Sandy, now there is no Sandy, there is only Melo Anthony, and he is not a woman like Sandy, now we show them we are twice as for-real as we were before.
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/6/2012  8:04 AM
Novak looks like a toothpick in that picture
IronWillGiroud

12/6/2012  8:05 AM
All three look like they just hit the bong.

Novak needs to hit the iron!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/6/2012  8:36 AM
Novack doing his Mark Walburg thing.

Melo flak jacket is not "Slimming".

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
12/6/2012  8:42 AM
IronWillGiroud wrote:Everyone was saying the Heat were not into the last game because of Sandy, now there is no Sandy, there is only Melo Anthony, and he is not a woman like Sandy, now we show them we are twice as for-real as we were before.

Not so fast. He'll probably not play.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/6/2012  8:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/6/2012  9:03 AM
I'm really pumped for this game... really awesome that the Knicks are such a great home team but it makes road games like this all the more interesting
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/6/2012  9:01 AM
Panos wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:Everyone was saying the Heat were not into the last game because of Sandy, now there is no Sandy, there is only Melo Anthony, and he is not a woman like Sandy, now we show them we are twice as for-real as we were before.

If he doesn't I wonder what the lineup looks like.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Panos
12/6/2012  9:13 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Panos wrote:

If he doesn't I wonder what the lineup looks like.

Expect JR to start. We'll need his scoring punch in the line up.

MSG3
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2476
USA
12/6/2012  9:36 AM
Panos wrote:

Who says he probably won't play? Woody said he'd play. Melo through a little cold water on that, but was probably just being cautious. I think he'll play.

IronWillGiroud

12/6/2012  9:52 AM
It's his left middle finger, so that's good. But it's a laceration, so that's bad, and it really depends how severe it is.

For me, it would be a challenge to even play with a paper-cut, but I am a little girl when it comes to blood on my own body. For a playoffs game, I would play with a paper-cut. I would never play with a gash.

Maybe the wizards on the Knicks medical crew can hit it with some crazy glue, wrap it, wrap it again, and then put a foam sleeve around it. Ideally, you would want him playing with a glove on the left hand. I don't see why a glove would not be allowed. Receivers in the NFL wear gloves, why shouldn't an NBA player be allowed a glove on his non-shooting hand?

Panos
12/6/2012  9:56 AM
MSG3 wrote:
Panos wrote:

Who says he probably won't play? Woody said he'd play. Melo through a little cold water on that, but was probably just being cautious. I think he'll play.

Dude, he got stitches in his hand yesterday. And you think he'll play? You're in denial. Even if he plays, you think he'll be effective? One swat of his hand by Lebron, and he'll be back on the bench.

I hear Allan Houston and Antonio McDyess are suiting up for us too.

IronWillGiroud

12/6/2012  9:59 AM
If he had stitches, that's a good sign to me. Usually professional medical crews will stitch it up even when you and me would not stitch, because ideally you want to be stitching whenever possible to speed the healing. If the average guy gets the same cut as a pro baller, the average guy will heal just fine without stitches, but the pro baller will get stitches because it's so convenient to.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/6/2012  10:01 AM
Panos wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
Panos wrote:

Dude, he got stitches in his hand yesterday. And you think he'll play? You're in denial. Even if he plays, you think he'll be effective? One swat of his hand by Lebron, and he'll be back on the bench.

I actually kind of hope he doesn't play. I'd love to see how the rest of the team plays with additional responsibility in a big game. But David Stern probably already threatened Dolan with a fine if they rest Melo

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
IronWillGiroud

12/6/2012  10:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/6/2012  11:56 AM
I'm not a doctor, but I did sleep with a woman at a Holiday Inn last night.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/6/2012  10:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/6/2012  10:06 AM
The loss to the Wiz and their loss to the Knicks will have the Heat looking for some payback. Going to be a tough game, especially if Melo isn't 100 percent. Ball movement and tough D are essential.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/6/2012  10:14 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/knicks-heat-preview-055102534--nba.html

Carmelo Anthony has been on a tear of late, but he wasn't on the court for the end of the New York Knicks' thrilling victory their last time out.

He may not be around for Thursday night's highly anticipated rematch with the Miami Heat, either.

A finger injury could keep Anthony from helping New York try to avoid its sixth straight defeat in Miami, while the Heat figure to be motivated after a stunning loss in the nation's capital.

Anthony entered Wednesday's game in Charlotte averaging 30.7 points over his previous six. He had 23 when he dove into the team's bench after a loose ball and suffered a deep cut to his left middle finger with 2:10 remaining.

That left the Knicks needing another option down the stretch. Enter J.R. Smith, who intercepted a pass with less than 20 seconds left, then hit a jumper as the buzzer sounded - the final two of his 13 points - to give the Knicks a 100-98 victory.

Tyson Chandler added 18 points and 17 rebounds.

"The huddle was very calm. They were like, 'Hey, we can win this,'" coach Mike Woodson said. "We missed a lot of good shots tonight, shots that we normally make, but J.R. hung in there and made the shot when it counted."

New York (13-4) has won five straight and has the best record in the Eastern Conference.

"I was hurt, but J.R. made it feel better,'' Anthony said.

How good it will feel Thursday remains to be seen. Anthony received five stitches for the laceration, though the injury is on his non-shooting hand.

"Right now it's numb, so I don't know,'' Anthony, averaging 28.4 points in his last 13 regular-season matchups with Miami, said of his chances to play against the Heat.

Anthony scored 30 points in New York's 104-84 home win over Miami on Nov. 2, but the Knicks have lost nine of the last 10 road meetings with the Heat - including the postseason.

Miami, though, is coming off a 105-100 loss at Washington - which had only one victory entering the contest - that snapped a season-best six-game winning streak.

"We understand that every team we play is going to play their best. They're going to make shots they don't make against other teams," LeBron James said after recording his 33rd career regular-season triple-double (26 points, 13 rebounds and 11 assists). "We understand teams are going to play better when they play against us. They're up for it and we have to be for teams as well."

James insisted the defeat is no more or less important than any other.

"Nah, man, there's no lesson. This ain't a lesson for us. We just lost,'' James said. "We've seen and been through everything, so we don't need a loss to be like, 'Oh, let's catch ourselves.' It happens.''

Chris Bosh scored 20 points and added 12 rebounds, while Dwyane Wade finished with 24 points.

"You move on,'' Wade said. "You learn from it, but you don't become a good team by holding onto certain losses - or certain wins.''

James has averaged 30.6 points in his last 18 regular-season games against the Knicks, while Wade has averaged 30.3 in his last 13 in the series.

New York may heavily rely on Smith if Anthony can't go, but shooting against the Heat has been a struggle for Smith. He's hit just 33.6 percent from the field versus Miami in eight meetings since the start of last season.

DurzoBlint
Member: #1152
USA
12/6/2012  10:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/6/2012  10:28 AM
guys tend to play in these situations. They will probably have one of those finger sleeves over the middle finger that got stitched. In this day and age, that injury is not stopping someone form playing. Being that it's his off hand, it shouldn't effect his shooting and Melo is a tough guy who has played with and through injury before. Dude is not taking the game off.

Anyone who thinks otherwise should bet me.

A sig challenge to anyone who things otherwise.

the fact that you can't even have an unrelated thread without some tool here bringing him up make me think that rational minds are few and far between. Bunch of emotionally weak, angst riddled people. I mean, how many times can you argue the same shyt
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/6/2012  10:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/6/2012  10:41 AM
House money tonight.

Amare played with half a hand. Melo will play tonight!

MSG3
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2476
USA
12/6/2012  10:36 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Panos wrote:
MSG3 wrote:
Panos wrote:

I actually kind of hope he doesn't play. I'd love to see how the rest of the team plays with additional responsibility in a big game. But David Stern probably already threatened Dolan with a fine if they rest Melo

Wow...you're acting like stitches on a non shooting hand is a torn ACL. Remember Kidd's head needing stitched a few games back? I believe he came back that game and finished. Not saying he should play if it's risky, but I don't think I'm in denial by thinking he'll play through 5 stitches.

Game: Knicks go to Heat cool them off nice

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy