[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GThread: Knicks and the Kittens, put on your mittens! It's cold! 7 PM (ET)
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/6/2012  12:22 AM
I've criticized Charlie Ward, John Starks and Kurt Thomas when we were winning 50 games and going deep in the playoffs. Why wouldn't I criticize these Knicks?
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
USA
12/6/2012  12:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/6/2012  12:30 AM
I love Melo but I can't worship him when I grew up watching Jordan, Kobe, Dream, Shaq, Duncan, Ewing, DRobinson, Malone & KG. Not yet at least
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
12/6/2012  12:46 AM
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

12/6/2012  12:47 AM
I'll be the first to admit, I didn't expect a close game tonight. Expected a run away victory but DAMN does this win feel GOOD!

J.R Smith won the game during the clutch. J.R absolutely came through with the pressure on. From playing the passing lane, stealing the ball at the very end the game, to hitting the buzzer beating game winner. J.R Smith really came through with the pressure on.

Felton was nice tonight. 17 points, 9 assists, 2 boards and ZERO turnovers. Numbers aside, Felton tied up the game with a beautiful first step, drive and finish at the rim with a layup. Came through on the road.

Now Tyson Chandler? Was a monster tonight. Went up against his former team and put up 18 points off 8/10 shooting to go along with 17 boards off the glass. Tyson 'big dawg' Chandler feasted tonight.

No Melo. No Stoudemire. No Camby. No Shumpert. And we still came through during the clutch, on the road, and won this game during closing moments.

Hopefully Melo plays against Miami tomorrow night. Melo's our franchise center-piece; our N.Y Knicks leader. If Melo doesn't play tomorrow night? We'll still have a chance to win, but hopefully Melo can heal up quick over night.

NUMBER ONE SEED OUT OF THE EAST MOVING FORWARD.

IronWillGiroud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4359

12/6/2012  7:19 AM
What a thriller, hey you gotta grind some games out, when you wake up in the morning there is a higher number in the W column and that's all we can really take away from this.
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
12/6/2012  7:56 AM
Anji wrote:

Give JR more credit for making the winning shot at the buzzer! There was no one for him to pass to. He had to get a shot off before the clock ran out. And he did.

It also looks like JR was the second option and if he got it then to drive to the left and shoot. There wasn't another Knick on the left side of the court. Notice once Felton was covered and didn't get the pass, Tyson came out to set a screen to free up JR. Then JR had the entire left side of the court. He did what he was supposed to do - shoot - and the ball went "Swish" right thru the middle of the hoop. I'd say JR was "in the Zone."

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/6/2012  9:06 AM
Anji wrote:
That doesn't look like the kind of thing you can play through.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/6/2012  9:06 AM
gunsnewing wrote:I've always criticize Melo for isoball and marbury-esque FT shooting in the clutch. Always supported Melo over Dantoni. I wouldn't want to run up and down the floor in a 7sec or less offense either. I choose not to worship any one player and pick sides. I've gotten on Tyson, Felton, Amare when they are not on top of their game. Call me hater, call me homer or just call me a realist

guns, why would anyone call you a homer?
I'm a homer, and you're never at any of the meetings.

And one of the go-to Ewing moves you make mention of in your other post in crunch time included setting stupid screens 45 feet from the basket that never accomplished anything. And I still have every Ewing jersey ever produced.

Melo just dove head first into a chair. You're absolutely right; he doesn't need anyone on this board to defend him today.

He shouldn't need to be defended on this board for this game.

HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
12/6/2012  9:50 AM
By the time I got home from work, the game was half way through the 3rd, but I caught some of the Knicks' cold spell before they gutted out the win.

Chandler had a great game. I'm loving his improvement on the offensive end and rebounding. It would be a blessing for him to produce 18 and 17 on a night-in, night out basis.

Melo was hustling hard, even when his shot wasn't falling in the 2nd half. He is the star on this team, so he needs to chill with the diving into the stands for loose balls. I heard his finger wasn't as bad as they initially thought, and that he will play vs. Miami. Here's to hoping that status remains unchanged by game time.

Felton did his thing, too. Not only did he commit zero turnovers during the last game, when Kidd was out, but was able to so the same in this game when Kidd returned. Kidd did well, too.

JR Smith is the MAN for that buzzer-beater. Although this was a dogfight against the Bobcats, grinding out hard-fought wins (even on a bad shooting night) helps build team chemistry, cohesion and confidence.

It was an ugly game, but ANY win is a good win. KNICKS an #1 in the East @ 13-4, and Miami up next!

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/6/2012  10:57 AM
Im wathing melo off the ball some and I caught he boxed out letting a teammate get the rebound.

IM seeing picks, boxing out, good defense.

I like what I am seeing.

40 year fan here, moved from hater to somber, but I have been giving him credit where its due not because of homer wishing upon a starphuch, but what I see with my own eyes.

Melo is a better player under woodson then anytime in his career. Beit maturity and accountability or the combo of both, its nice to see it.

Seems Melo learned from Lebron some things.

Dwight might want to take notes. Nate might want to take his meds. Marbury might want to look in the mirror.

NUPE
Member: #4205

12/6/2012  11:11 AM
Nalod wrote:Im wathing melo off the ball some and I caught he boxed out letting a teammate get the rebound.

IM seeing picks, boxing out, good defense.

I like what I am seeing.

40 year fan here, moved from hater to somber, but I have been giving him credit where its due not because of homer wishing upon a starphuch, but what I see with my own eyes.

Melo is a better player under woodson then anytime in his career. Beit maturity and accountability or the combo of both, its nice to see it.

Seems Melo learned from Lebron some things.

Dwight might want to take notes. Nate might want to take his meds. Marbury might want to look in the mirror.

This has been my point. Give credit where credit is due. This is simply being reasonable. Melo, overall, has been playing great and the team is winning games.

IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

12/6/2012  11:59 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Anji wrote:
That doesn't look like the kind of thing you can play through.

Why is it on his right hand in the picture?

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
jrodmc
USA
12/6/2012  2:01 PM
Nalod wrote: Marbury might want to look in the mirror.

He did that and probably still does that often. Now, even stares at his own statue. It apparently doesn't help.

Yeah, he's not on my team anymore.

gunsnewing
USA
12/6/2012  2:58 PM
What the hell its Melo's right hand?!
Anji
USA
12/6/2012  3:13 PM
Image is reversed, that's why you can't make out what JR's head sets say.
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
gunsnewing
USA
12/6/2012  3:14 PM
Oh thank god!
jrodmc
USA
12/6/2012  3:16 PM
thanks Anji! I was going to go with "it's clearly photoshopped"

Typical guns, trying to rile everyone up with more MSG propaganda machine conspiracy theory crap.

Anji
USA
12/6/2012  3:34 PM
LOL, it's also assuming Jr put his headsets on the right way..........
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
12/6/2012  3:37 PM
I think Melo is giving us the finger in that picture. Heathen!
gunsnewing
USA
12/6/2012  3:40 PM
jrodmc wrote:thanks Anji! I was going to go with "it's clearly photoshopped"

Typical guns, trying to rile everyone up with more MSG propaganda machine conspiracy theory crap.

Seems so knicks to lie about what hand is really injured

GThread: Knicks and the Kittens, put on your mittens! It's cold! 7 PM (ET)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy