Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/4/2012  9:43 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:
tkf wrote:
DurzoBlint wrote:I don't want Lin to be bad or fail. I just think the people trying to crucify the organization for not re-signing him are off base. To be honest, I'm not truly sure either of them are in the wrong. Lin didn't do anything really wrong here and neither did Dolan.

Like I said, Ironic that people are actually bytching about Dolan showing some fiscal responsibility for once. Whether he was butt hurt or not, we can only speculate because NO ONE KNOWS.

because he is not... he overpaid novak, he gave kidd(39 years old) 3 years and overpaid for camby(40 years old)... the fiscal responsibility talk is absolute BS!

But in another thread, you claimed J.Kidd to be our MVP and we LOVE Novak when he's knocking those three's down, don't we?

And if we can give MDA 5 years to see if he really is a good Coach...then we can wait for Camby before calling that signing a bust.

Don't cloud the issue with past posts. Lin is on-track to be the greatest, non-ball handling PG in the HOF. Dolan is a rich retard, and Grunwald is his mindless stooge.

JKidd is lumped in as a stupid signing when defending Lin's contract process, and a great HOF player who outshines our resident MVP pretender suckhole only when necessary.

Move on.

yellowboy90 wrote:
3G4G wrote:How come I've seen statements about Lin this season on the Rockets...
"Felton>Dragic>Lin"

"Ha Ha Toney Douglas was playing closing minutes of a game over Lin..... Hardy Har Har Har(DAT DAS EFX)"

but in yesterday's game against the Suns....The Great Coney Island Documentary Legend Bassy was closing out the game over Dragic not a peep about this.

Dun.... Dun Dun Dun..Dun Dun

Sidenote: Do you think Lin is playing better than Dragic? Also, the Lin benching happen more than once. I have not seen Dragic play that much except for yesterday so I could not tell you either way without looking up their stats

PlayerName......Win Count ..Stats Won
Lin, Jeremy........4........FT%, REB, STL, BLK
Dragic, Goran...6........EFF, PTS, FG%, 3PM, ASTTO, TOS
Ties.................1........AST

Certainly looks like Lin's playing better to me.

Dunt Dunt dunt dunt .... dunt dunt dunt dunt...da da dah....da da dah....da da da dunt...

AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/4/2012  10:01 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:
tkf wrote:
DurzoBlint wrote:I don't want Lin to be bad or fail. I just think the people trying to crucify the organization for not re-signing him are off base. To be honest, I'm not truly sure either of them are in the wrong. Lin didn't do anything really wrong here and neither did Dolan.

Like I said, Ironic that people are actually bytching about Dolan showing some fiscal responsibility for once. Whether he was butt hurt or not, we can only speculate because NO ONE KNOWS.

because he is not... he overpaid novak, he gave kidd(39 years old) 3 years and overpaid for camby(40 years old)... the fiscal responsibility talk is absolute BS!

But in another thread, you claimed J.Kidd to be our MVP and we LOVE Novak when he's knocking those three's down, don't we?

And if we can give MDA 5 years to see if he really is a good Coach...then we can wait for Camby before calling that signing a bust.

WHAT does one have to do with another.. we gave kidd too many years.. plain and simple, with that said, he still is the smartest and most skilled player we have on a team with 2 max contracts... that either says a lot about kidd or a little about our max cats.. I say it is somewhere in between...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/4/2012  10:07 AM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
3G4G wrote:How come I've seen statements about Lin this season on the Rockets...

"Felton>Dragic>Lin"

"Ha Ha Toney Douglas was playing closing minutes of a game over Lin..... Hardy Har Har Har(DAT DAS EFX)"

but in yesterday's game against the Suns....The Great Coney Island Documentary Legend Bassy was closing out the game over Dragic not a peep about this.

Dun.... Dun Dun Dun..Dun Dun

I would take any playing time fluctuations out of Phoenix with some bath salt. Suns is a team that benched Scola in the middle of a 20/10 TEAR in favor of Markieff Morris. They just do strange things. Dragic is a baller and one of the top PGs in the league. He's consistent and doesn't turn the ball over, a true animal.

ah, the old pump up one guys to down another.. lin rebounds the ball better, exact amount of assist as dragic, and oh, dragic..2.4 turnovers per game to lin's 2.9

And all of this while lin is supposedly playing bad.... I have no doubt that by years end, this forum will be very quiet when it comes to lin and trying to prop up other players... I will keep this thread in mind come mid season...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
DurzoBlint
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1152
USA
12/4/2012  2:23 PM
wow, this thread has become as ridiculous as Lin's contract
the fact that you can't even have an unrelated thread without some tool here bringing him up make me think that rational minds are few and far between. Bunch of emotionally weak, angst riddled people. I mean, how many times can you argue the same shyt
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
12/4/2012  2:58 PM
DurzoBlint wrote:wow, this thread has become as ridiculous as Lin's contract

SMH

What happened to these kind of post:

LIN LIN LIN LIN LIN LIN LIN LIN LIN
DERP DERP DERP DERP DERP DERP DEPR

We need those mannnnnnnnnnn.

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
12/4/2012  3:17 PM
Anji
USA
12/4/2012  3:19 PM
^^^ Yes, dat dat dat Derp beard!!!!!
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
12/5/2012  12:04 AM
2 for 8 for 4 points, 3 ast, 2 to in a little under 20 minutes -18

Lin may be backing up TD soon.

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
12/5/2012  1:23 AM
CashMoney wrote:2 for 8 for 4 points, 3 ast, 2 to in a little under 20 minutes -18

He is still recovering from injury man. Give it time.

NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
earthmansurfer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #858
Germany
12/5/2012  2:44 AM
CashMoney wrote:2 for 8 for 4 points, 3 ast, 2 to in a little under 20 minutes -18

And Harden was 3-19. More importantly they won. I tell ya, if Douglas keeps playing better he is a pretty good player. Speaking of injuries after he hurt is shoulder he was never the same again. Sometimes injuries take a really long time to come back from as the players are playing through them.

I still take Lin over Felton as I just think when he is on he is better and smarter than Felton when he is on. I would have loved Lin learning behind Kidd and Prigs.
We can't complain now as we are playing great but Feltons IQ out there really worries me at times. Melo's as well, though Melo is just playing so much better.

Our saving grace is not Felton over Lin, it is Kidd, pure and simple.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
Hersports85
Member: #4397

12/5/2012  3:44 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:

And Harden was 3-19. More importantly they won. I tell ya, if Douglas keeps playing better he is a pretty good player. Speaking of injuries after he hurt is shoulder he was never the same again. Sometimes injuries take a really long time to come back from as the players are playing through them.

I still take Lin over Felton as I just think when he is on he is better and smarter than Felton when he is on. I would have loved Lin learning behind Kidd and Prigs.
We can't complain now as we are playing great but Feltons IQ out there really worries me at times. Melo's as well, though Melo is just playing so much better.

Why can't Felton learn alongside of Kidd and Prigs? Both Kidd and Felton both have already stated that Kidd is mentoring him - telling him what he's doing wrong, trying to make him a better passer and court general. When Lin is on, he's a very good point guard no question. But right now he is more inconsistent than Felton. I don't know if it's really something wrong with his knee or not, time will tell.

And yes they won, but come on, Lakers lost that game. What's up with that team? How do you allow 20 + offensive rebounds and not take D. Howard out the game when you have a 6pt lead in the closing mins?

Anji
USA
12/5/2012  5:22 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:

LOL, you and this the Asian guy is so smart garbage is pathetic.

Are saving grace is we don't turn the ball over and we play D, maybe the smart guy should try picking that up.

CashMoney
USA
12/5/2012  8:07 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:

Felton has a good b ball IQ. His jumper is inconsistent but if you're open you have to take the shot to keep the D honest. Some misoncstrue this as not being a smart player.

This season Felton's 2.4 to's per game put him right there with CP3 at 2.3. He's also 12th in assists at 6.8 per game and the starting PG for a team that averages the lowest to's in the league.

As fas as Houston in concerned, the won the game but the Lakers beat themselves.

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
CashMoney
USA
12/5/2012  8:08 AM
Hersports85 wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:

Why can't Felton learn alongside of Kidd and Prigs? Both Kidd and Felton both have already stated that Kidd is mentoring him - telling him what he's doing wrong, trying to make him a better passer and court general. When Lin is on, he's a very good point guard no question. But right now he is more inconsistent than Felton. I don't know if it's really something wrong with his knee or not, time will tell.

And yes they won, but come on, Lakers lost that game. What's up with that team? How do you allow 20 + offensive rebounds and not take D. Howard out the game when you have a 6pt lead in the closing mins?

Once a PG turns 28 he is no longer capable of learning anything from other players.

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
jrodmc
USA
12/5/2012  8:13 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:

Ahh yes, the JKidd is the reason for this season Melohate argument.

I can see the tremendous amount of grace we've gotten from Kidd in the past 4 games. 3-1.

earthmansurfer
Germany
12/5/2012  9:10 AM
Wow, guess I hit a sensitive spot

Hersports85 - Of course Felton can learn from Kidd and is probably doing so. I just meant that Lin was right out of college, basically, and at that age you are really open to learning - though it always occurs.

Anji - Hey, I watched Lin play the game. He didn't make many boneheaded plays. Turning the ball over is a smart thing, but it is not a synonym for intelligence. Some great PG's turn the ball over a lot, I just think it depends on style, passing ability, etc. Lin's TO's are down and most of his turnovers were not on bad passes. If anything they were from aggression, which is what I like my pg to do. There was an article stating that not long ago. I like Felton, but I don't think his game is as cerebral as Kidd's Lins game is. It doesn't mean he isn't a very good pg. Watching Lin play was just different. Now, he is not physically back yet, yeah, a damn long time, but that is what I see.

jrodmc - Fair point (and I'm not hating anyone), but Melo has essentially taken what, 9 or so years to start playing like this? Kidd has done it from day one and the affect he has had on Feltons game (e.g. - look at how much worse Felton generally plays with Kidd out). It is pretty clear who is affecting who more. And when I watch the game, Melo still takes those terrible shots too much for my liking. Ok, he is capable of making them, but playing more intelligently only helps the team and increases your shooting %.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
KnicksFE
Member: #3561

12/5/2012  9:28 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:Wow, guess I hit a sensitive spot

Hersports85 - Of course Felton can learn from Kidd and is probably doing so. I just meant that Lin was right out of college, basically, and at that age you are really open to learning - though it always occurs.

Anji - Hey, I watched Lin play the game. He didn't make many boneheaded plays. Turning the ball over is a smart thing, but it is not a synonym for intelligence. Some great PG's turn the ball over a lot, I just think it depends on style, passing ability, etc. Lin's TO's are down and most of his turnovers were not on bad passes. If anything they were from aggression, which is what I like my pg to do. There was an article stating that not long ago. I like Felton, but I don't think his game is as cerebral as Kidd's Lins game is. It doesn't mean he isn't a very good pg. Watching Lin play was just different. Now, he is not physically back yet, yeah, a damn long time, but that is what I see.

jrodmc - Fair point (and I'm not hating anyone), but Melo has essentially taken what, 9 or so years to start playing like this? Kidd has done it from day one and the affect he has had on Feltons game (e.g. - look at how much worse Felton generally plays with Kidd out). It is pretty clear who is affecting who more. And when I watch the game, Melo still takes those terrible shots too much for my liking. Ok, he is capable of making them, but playing more intelligently only helps the team and increases your shooting %.

Totally agree, Kidd established his leadership since training camp and during practice, whether he plays the next 10 games or not. There is no question that Kidd and Chandler are the leaders of this team and rightfully so, since they have championship experience under their belt.

jrodmc
USA
12/5/2012  11:05 AM
KnicksFE wrote:

Totally agree, Kidd established his leadership since training camp and during practice, whether he plays the next 10 games or not. There is no question that Kidd and Chandler are the leaders of this team and rightfully so, since they have championship experience under their belt.

That's great, then maybe Kidd should be coaching the team, since actually performing on the court doesn't seem to count for all that much in your respective worlds. 6 30 point games this year so far.

Melo's been in the playoffs every year. He was damned near the ROY. This "oh well, he finally starts playing like this" bull**** wears a bit thin after awhile.

Like I've said in other threads, the hate will continue to simmer endlessly, even if the man goes out and wins a chip for us.

Kidd is a great additional role player for this team. Felton was going to be playing with a chip on his shoulder no matter who was here this season. Tyson is our defensive achor and giant Spree-attitude.

Melo is the franchise right now.

Very sorry, but you'll just have to live with it.

earthmansurfer
Germany
12/5/2012  3:47 PM
jrodmc wrote:
KnicksFE wrote:

That's great, then maybe Kidd should be coaching the team, since actually performing on the court doesn't seem to count for all that much in your respective worlds. 6 30 point games this year so far.

Melo's been in the playoffs every year. He was damned near the ROY. This "oh well, he finally starts playing like this" bull**** wears a bit thin after awhile.

Like I've said in other threads, the hate will continue to simmer endlessly, even if the man goes out and wins a chip for us.

Kidd is a great additional role player for this team. Felton was going to be playing with a chip on his shoulder no matter who was here this season. Tyson is our defensive achor and giant Spree-attitude.

I think we just have different perspectives of the game. I don't really care a ton about statistics. Yes, it sure is fun to see a player like Melo play, great talent. And there is some meaning to the stats. And someone with his talent can get a team without much talent around him to the playoffs.

But ask yourself this: Did he play to his ability those years in Denver? Did he make others better around him or did he just try to carry the team? Even when he had talent around him, he still was not playing what I would call great team ball. (Even the way the trade went down was indicative of his ME personality. Hey, most guys have that so this isn't hating him.) What I see him doing now is playing more team ball and trying to take over less. THAT IS RESPONSIBLE for us winning and not his multiple 30 point games. I think we actually play better when he doesn't score too much (someone posted that statistic here recently). This is not about statistics solely. It is much much more than that and the interesting thing about "Melo Fans" is that they jump to 2 things - His number and going to the playoffs.

Look, no one questions that Melo has alot of talent. The question is can he harness it together with his mind/heart and take it to the next level. And we haven't answered that question yet, but he is off to a much better start than usual (at least regarding team play).

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/5/2012  7:17 PM
earthmansurfer wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
KnicksFE wrote:

I think we just have different perspectives of the game. I don't really care a ton about statistics. Yes, it sure is fun to see a player like Melo play, great talent. And there is some meaning to the stats. And someone with his talent can get a team without much talent around him to the playoffs.

But ask yourself this: Did he play to his ability those years in Denver? Did he make others better around him or did he just try to carry the team? Even when he had talent around him, he still was not playing what I would call great team ball. (Even the way the trade went down was indicative of his ME personality. Hey, most guys have that so this isn't hating him.) What I see him doing now is playing more team ball and trying to take over less. THAT IS RESPONSIBLE for us winning and not his multiple 30 point games. I think we actually play better when he doesn't score too much (someone posted that statistic here recently). This is not about statistics solely. It is much much more than that and the interesting thing about "Melo Fans" is that they jump to 2 things - His number and going to the playoffs.

Look, no one questions that Melo has alot of talent. The question is can he harness it together with his mind/heart and take it to the next level. And we haven't answered that question yet, but he is off to a much better start than usual (at least regarding team play).

Knicks are 3-2 I believe when Melo has scored over 30. Kidd is a great addition but not sure why as a 39 year old he is compared to Melo in any way. If you want to say that the Knicks assembled a team around Melo that utilizes him best I would agree. Kidd's value should not be compared with Melo at this point in his career.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Sportswriter "Mans Up" about Linsanity

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy