IronWillGiroud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4359

12/3/2012  12:14 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:

Lol what a joke...

No jokes here.

What do you call a guy that gives you: 14/3/8 and 2.7 steals, and his team has won 4 out of last 5? All-Star. His shooting has been off but if not this year, then next year he will be an All-Star, and if he heats up a little bit right before the break this year, he'll get the votes.

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/3/2012  12:32 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Also, there are a couple of people here that watch the Rockets a lot. tkf and myself come to mind. I think he would agree with me that Lin's earlier struggles are on his FG%. Also, the fact that the Rockets choose not to run a single PG system. In their offense, Lin, Harden and Parsons runs the offense. They take turns on running it and you will see Lin in the corner setting up for the 3 which he was struggling in the beginning. His lone defensive mishap was against Portland against the rookie PG but even in that game he had around 8 assists and rebounded well. He is one of the leaders in the NBA in steals. When given a chance he has managed that Rocket team to wins.

I don't think Lin will ever reach Linsanity heights again unless you team him up with MDA again, but to say he is not that good astonishes me. I mean people can't be that closed minded...can they?

he's an average player... he still doesn't have a left hand, doesn't shoot well, turns the ball over, and doesn't defend. He s a world class creator though. Add it all up and he's an average player and you'd have to be nuts to pay him $15 million in salary and another $15 million in luxury tax to keep him around. Give me novak, Felton, and JR Smith over Lin any day of the week and twice on Sundays

lin's handle needs work, and that should come in time.. but to say he doesn't defend is flat out wrong....

and the knicks were not paying him 15 mil in salary, and the luxury tax is not all on lin, maybe we should have thought of all that before we signed the geriatric crew... it is absolutely amazing how much people around here fearing that he will be a good player.. the kid is well on his way to being a very good player..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
12/3/2012  12:33 PM
IronWillGiroud wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:

Lol what a joke...

No jokes here.

What do you call a guy that gives you: 14/3/8 and 2.7 steals, and his team has won 4 out of last 5? All-Star. His shooting has been off but if not this year, then next year he will be an All-Star, and if he heats up a little bit right before the break this year, he'll get the votes.

LOL if he somehow gets on an All star team for the remainder of his contract, it's a travesty.

He's going to unseat CP3, Westbrook, Parker, Nash in the all star game?

Now that is a joke!

DurzoBlint
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1152
USA
12/3/2012  12:37 PM
when you have a billion fan, these things happen.

It would be a travesty and another reason why fans should not vote for the starters. They need to flip it giving the Coaches the vote on the starters and the fans the bench.

the fact that you can't even have an unrelated thread without some tool here bringing him up make me think that rational minds are few and far between. Bunch of emotionally weak, angst riddled people. I mean, how many times can you argue the same shyt
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
12/3/2012  12:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/3/2012  12:39 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
DurzoBlint wrote:
Anji wrote:Lin could have told the knicks the deal before he signed it.

I personally don't care, but there isn't a 5 minute deadline to sign just because he got an offer from the Rockets.

If he wanted to be a knicks he could have took the deal to the knicks and said I want this or I'm going to houston. Restricted players do it all the time when they actually want to come back to their teams.

How beast would our bench be in three years with Lin and Amare making 36 million dollars??? Best Bench everrrrr!!!!!!

exactly. Also, he could have said to the Knicks, I will happily wait if your going to offer me a fair deal. The Knicks didn't tell him to go set his market value, they allowed him to go set his market value.

It is the Agents job to secure a contract but, also to let his client know of any possible negative ramifications. The agent was so convinced the Knick would match ANYTHING that he allowed his client to sign a contract that would hurt the club. The tax hit on that, no matter who the owner is was totally ridiculous. Also, how IRONIC it is for guys to be bytching about Dolan showing some fiscal intelligence. Even Clyde agreed that the last year was not something the Knicks in good sense should match

What would telling the Knicks of the deal before he signed it have accomplished?

Nothing, because we didn't want him. Not at that price anyway.
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/3/2012  12:40 PM

YOu guys are like chickens, have the same arguement thinking the outcome will be different.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/3/2012  12:41 PM
tkf wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Also, there are a couple of people here that watch the Rockets a lot. tkf and myself come to mind. I think he would agree with me that Lin's earlier struggles are on his FG%. Also, the fact that the Rockets choose not to run a single PG system. In their offense, Lin, Harden and Parsons runs the offense. They take turns on running it and you will see Lin in the corner setting up for the 3 which he was struggling in the beginning. His lone defensive mishap was against Portland against the rookie PG but even in that game he had around 8 assists and rebounded well. He is one of the leaders in the NBA in steals. When given a chance he has managed that Rocket team to wins.

I don't think Lin will ever reach Linsanity heights again unless you team him up with MDA again, but to say he is not that good astonishes me. I mean people can't be that closed minded...can they?

he's an average player... he still doesn't have a left hand, doesn't shoot well, turns the ball over, and doesn't defend. He s a world class creator though. Add it all up and he's an average player and you'd have to be nuts to pay him $15 million in salary and another $15 million in luxury tax to keep him around. Give me novak, Felton, and JR Smith over Lin any day of the week and twice on Sundays

lin's handle needs work, and that should come in time.. but to say he doesn't defend is flat out wrong....

and the knicks were not paying him 15 mil in salary, and the luxury tax is not all on lin, maybe we should have thought of all that before we signed the geriatric crew... it is absolutely amazing how much people around here fearing that he will be a good player.. the kid is well on his way to being a very good player..

I'm fearing he's going to be good? I bought a Lin jersey for myself and one for my father... I'm not fearful that he's going to be good. I'm saying he's not worth a $15 million salary. Apparently you think he's worth that

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
DurzoBlint
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1152
USA
12/3/2012  12:43 PM
Nalod wrote:
YOu guys are like chickens, have the same arguement thinking the outcome will be different.

yup, and it will have the same result,....people lining up on either side of the fence refusing to budge from their opinions. The only logical thing to do is agree to disagree and move on.

the fact that you can't even have an unrelated thread without some tool here bringing him up make me think that rational minds are few and far between. Bunch of emotionally weak, angst riddled people. I mean, how many times can you argue the same shyt
Anji
USA
12/3/2012  12:45 PM
tkf wrote:

YEA, THEY CAN BE... LOL..

but good post, the rockets run a different system, and linsanity was great, but honestly, the numbers were sustainable for probably one player in this league.. lebron... the key to linsanity was his energy, leadership on the floor and playmaking ability.. He is a playmaker on that rocket team, make no mistake, along with harden and parsons, those three are good passers, and they can get their own shot.. Lin is doing well, other than FG% he is playing pretty good..

people around here want lin to do bad for one reason... and that is validation.. they want to believe that letting lin go was the right thing to do, instead of admitting dolan made a personal and silly business move, that had less to do with money and winning and the future of this team, and more to do with his personal feelings... dolan is an idiot.. plain and simple..

I personal don't even have a problem with Lin.

His fans though, the worst I've seen in any sport. Yeah I like watching him struggle because I know it hurts his die hards.

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
tkf
12/3/2012  12:46 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:

Lol what a joke...

No jokes here.

LOL if he somehow gets on an All star team for the remainder of his contract, it's a travesty.

Now that is a joke!

you can have 4 guards, they don't have to be PG or SG, just 4 guards... the west last year carried 5 guards, and if nash isn't playing in the first half, how could you justify an allstar birth over anyone else? lin may get a lot of votes, that won't be a surprise at all...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
12/3/2012  12:48 PM
Anji wrote:
tkf wrote:

YEA, THEY CAN BE... LOL..

but good post, the rockets run a different system, and linsanity was great, but honestly, the numbers were sustainable for probably one player in this league.. lebron... the key to linsanity was his energy, leadership on the floor and playmaking ability.. He is a playmaker on that rocket team, make no mistake, along with harden and parsons, those three are good passers, and they can get their own shot.. Lin is doing well, other than FG% he is playing pretty good..

people around here want lin to do bad for one reason... and that is validation.. they want to believe that letting lin go was the right thing to do, instead of admitting dolan made a personal and silly business move, that had less to do with money and winning and the future of this team, and more to do with his personal feelings... dolan is an idiot.. plain and simple..

I personal don't even have a problem with Lin.

His fans though, the worst I've seen in any sport. Yeah I like watching him struggle because I know it hurts his die hards.

lin fans are excited for the kid.. good kid, beating the odds and oh, has the ability to be an allstar in this league.. heck, reason to be excited.... get used to it, his die hards are going to have plenty more good days than bad..

IronWillGiroud

12/3/2012  12:48 PM
I don't want to see anyone get hurt, and his die hards are with Jeremy Lin through his learning process, we understand that it takes time to become a champion and that Lin is a young player. Linsanity was only a glimpse of what is to come, we just have to be patient.
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
12/3/2012  12:52 PM
tkf wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:

Lol what a joke...

No jokes here.

Now that is a joke!

you can have 4 guards, they don't have to be PG or SG, just 4 guards... the west last year carried 5 guards, and if nash isn't playing in the first half, how could you justify an allstar birth over anyone else? lin may get a lot of votes, that won't be a surprise at all...

Can't see him unseat Kobe Bryant or Harden either. Vote wise maybe yes. But merit wise hell no.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/3/2012  12:54 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
tkf wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IronWillGiroud wrote:

Lol what a joke...

No jokes here.

Now that is a joke!

Can't see him unseat Kobe Bryant or Harden either. Vote wise maybe yes. But merit wise hell no.

+1

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Anji
USA
12/3/2012  1:17 PM
LOL, why isn't it racist to assume every Asian person in the world wants to vote for Lin??? What their diet and far east up bringing means their aren't any West Brook fans or Chris Paul fans or basketball fans in general???

This is like Backstreet boys for grown men. Smh

3G4G
Member: #4333

12/3/2012  1:25 PM
How come I've seen statements about Lin this season on the Rockets...

"Felton>Dragic>Lin"

"Ha Ha Toney Douglas was playing closing minutes of a game over Lin..... Hardy Har Har Har(DAT DAS EFX)"

but in yesterday's game against the Suns....The Great Coney Island Documentary Legend Bassy was closing out the game over Dragic not a peep about this.

Dun.... Dun Dun Dun..Dun Dun

Anji
USA
12/3/2012  1:37 PM
Stupid fans must have forgot when Dragic was let go and a handful of his fans claimed he would average 20 and 8, was our last hope to beat the heat and would be an allstarrrrr.

Derp

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

12/3/2012  4:20 PM
3G4G wrote:How come I've seen statements about Lin this season on the Rockets...

"Felton>Dragic>Lin"

"Ha Ha Toney Douglas was playing closing minutes of a game over Lin..... Hardy Har Har Har(DAT DAS EFX)"

but in yesterday's game against the Suns....The Great Coney Island Documentary Legend Bassy was closing out the game over Dragic not a peep about this.

Sidenote: Do you think Lin is playing better than Dragic? Also, the Lin benching happen more than once. I have not seen Dragic play that much except for yesterday so I could not tell you either way without looking up their stats

Swishfm3
Member: #392
12/3/2012  4:34 PM
tkf wrote:
DurzoBlint wrote:I don't want Lin to be bad or fail. I just think the people trying to crucify the organization for not re-signing him are off base. To be honest, I'm not truly sure either of them are in the wrong. Lin didn't do anything really wrong here and neither did Dolan.

Like I said, Ironic that people are actually bytching about Dolan showing some fiscal responsibility for once. Whether he was butt hurt or not, we can only speculate because NO ONE KNOWS.

because he is not... he overpaid novak, he gave kidd(39 years old) 3 years and overpaid for camby(40 years old)... the fiscal responsibility talk is absolute BS!

But in another thread, you claimed J.Kidd to be our MVP and we LOVE Novak when he's knocking those three's down, don't we?

And if we can give MDA 5 years to see if he really is a good Coach...then we can wait for Camby before calling that signing a bust.

IronWillGiroud

12/4/2012  9:02 AM
3G4G wrote:How come I've seen statements about Lin this season on the Rockets...

"Felton>Dragic>Lin"

I would take any playing time fluctuations out of Phoenix with some bath salt. Suns is a team that benched Scola in the middle of a 20/10 TEAR in favor of Markieff Morris. They just do strange things. Dragic is a baller and one of the top PGs in the league. He's consistent and doesn't turn the ball over, a true animal.

Sportswriter "Mans Up" about Linsanity

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy