[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sportswriter "Mans Up" about Linsanity
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Posts: 35379
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
12/3/2012  10:19 AM
Also, there are a couple of people here that watch the Rockets a lot. tkf and myself come to mind. I think he would agree with me that Lin's earlier struggles are on his FG%. Also, the fact that the Rockets choose not to run a single PG system. In their offense, Lin, Harden and Parsons runs the offense. They take turns on running it and you will see Lin in the corner setting up for the 3 which he was struggling in the beginning. His lone defensive mishap was against Portland against the rookie PG but even in that game he had around 8 assists and rebounded well. He is one of the leaders in the NBA in steals. When given a chance he has managed that Rocket team to wins.

I don't think Lin will ever reach Linsanity heights again unless you team him up with MDA again, but to say he is not that good astonishes me. I mean people can't be that closed minded...can they?

AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Posts: 35379
Alba Posts: 472
Joined: 1/14/2003
Member: #377
USA
12/3/2012  10:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/3/2012  10:26 AM
DurzoBlint wrote:the fact of the matter is that either his agent did him a disservice by not letting him know the ramification of that last year or he didn't care. If he didn't care then he wasn't interested in winning because that last year would handcuff our ability to add further talent or fill in any of the teams holes.

The agents job is to get his client the most money. This is how he gets paid. I think his agent did a heck of a job.

So tell me, if Lin does not sign that ONLY contract he was offered....what were his options? Knicks have not offered any. So you expect Lin to trust Dolan? Would you have declined the offer?

Also, he is not handcuffing the Knicks in signing any other players. Knicks were already over the cap in year 3.

Bonn1997
Posts: 58319
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
12/3/2012  10:28 AM
NYKBocker wrote:Also, there are a couple of people here that watch the Rockets a lot. tkf and myself come to mind. I think he would agree with me that Lin's earlier struggles are on his FG%. Also, the fact that the Rockets choose not to run a single PG system. In their offense, Lin, Harden and Parsons runs the offense. They take turns on running it and you will see Lin in the corner setting up for the 3 which he was struggling in the beginning. His lone defensive mishap was against Portland against the rookie PG but even in that game he had around 8 assists and rebounded well. He is one of the leaders in the NBA in steals. When given a chance he has managed that Rocket team to wins.

I don't think Lin will ever reach Linsanity heights again unless you team him up with MDA again, but to say he is not that good astonishes me. I mean people can't be that closed minded...can they?


Yeah, that seemed to be just early shooting struggles - he's gone 18 for his last 30.
Anji
Posts: 25523
Alba Posts: 9
Joined: 4/14/2006
Member: #1122
USA
12/3/2012  10:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/3/2012  10:33 AM
Lin could have told the knicks the deal before he signed it.

I personally don't care, but there isn't a 5 minute deadline to sign just because he got an offer from the Rockets.

If he wanted to be a knicks he could have took the deal to the knicks and said I want this or I'm going to houston. Restricted players do it all the time when they actually want to come back to their teams.

How beast would our bench be in three years with Lin and Amare making 36 million dollars??? Best Bench everrrrr!!!!!!

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
RoyBatty
Posts: 20181
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/20/2011
Member: #3531

12/3/2012  10:37 AM
I think Lin also miscalculated a bit -- either he or his agent. If he had taken 5mil a year in NY, what's the chance that he makes that back or more in endorsements?
jrodmc
Posts: 30613
Alba Posts: 50
Joined: 11/24/2004
Member: #805
USA
12/3/2012  10:41 AM
The logic around here is mystifying.

Lightning in a bottle. Gets hurt. Misses playoffs. --> $1 billion dollars.
Plays in playoffs two years running (usually by himself), offers up a few memorable moments.--> Day-old rat shit.

2012 highlights: airballs, putting Toney Douglas back on the bench, sighing a huge breath of relief at a starphucque trade --> on his way to the HOF.
2012 highlights: diving on the floor, 30 point games, 5 assist games on the team with the best start for the franchise in two decades --> on his way to another letdown sh--t finish.


I do not wish Lin bad. Hope he has a nice career. As long as the Rockets always lose against us.

You guys spend a lot of time commenting on the internet?
CashMoney
Posts: 23090
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 1/15/2011
Member: #3374
USA
12/3/2012  10:47 AM
The Knicks said from the start that they would let the market dicate Lin's value.

The only offer sheet presented was the 3 year deal with the poison pill. The initial reports was that Houston was going to offer Lin a 4 year $28.8 million deal. $19.5 mil was to be guaranteed over 3 years with a team option in the 4th for the remainder. This offer was never put in writing but this is the offer the Knicks were expecting and were seriously thinking about matching.

Lin then went to Las Vegas to meet with the Rockets to renogotiate the deal and to sign off. The Knicks didn't know that Lin was doing this until it was done. In fact the Knicks were in Vegas for summer league at the time. The only offer sheet presented was the 3 year deal Lin signed with the poison pill in the 3rd year. 3 year a little over $25 million with $14.8 due to Lin in year 3. http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/lin_match_stick_SaOeWm9GmE9b6FjL2sxQLO

Had Lin not renogiated the deal with Houston, the Knicks would have probably matched the offer. However, when the actual offer sheet came up Dolan got mad that Lin schooled him and felt that Lin was not being loyal. Personal grudge? Absolutely. Dolan also had his "basketball people" telling him that Felton was just as good if not better than Lin.

"From a "person who has had business dealings with Dolan": "I don't think this is about the money as much as it is Jim feeling that a player isn't showing the Knicks the same loyalty they showed Lin. Don't forget, the Knicks gave Jeremy Lin a chance. Then Jim has his basketball people telling him that Felton is every bit as good if not better than Lin so it makes the decision easier for him to make. Jim can be vindictive but sometimes that's a good thing in the NBA." http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8174968/jeremy-lin-leaving-new-york-knicks-james-dolan-blundered-again

Lin did what every other player in the NBA does come contract time....go out and get the most money you can for as long as you can. Sure, Dolan could have just matched the offer and brought Lin back but he wasn't going to put his personal feelings aside. Instead he gets the sign and trade done with Portland to bring back a "loyal" player who never wanted to leave and wanted nothing more than to get back to the Knicks.

It could have been handled differently by both sides but Lin is not blameless in this either. If Lin really wanted to stay with the Knicks it would have happened. Personally, for this team right now I think Felton is a better fit.

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
IronWillGiroud
Posts: 25207
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/17/2012
Member: #4359

12/3/2012  10:50 AM
The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
ChuckBuck
Posts: 28851
Alba Posts: 11
Joined: 1/3/2012
Member: #3806
USA
12/3/2012  11:04 AM
IronWillGiroud wrote:

Lol what a joke...

smackeddog
Posts: 32464
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
12/3/2012  11:14 AM
Hearing Knick fans having the exact same arguement about how Lin ended up a Rocket will never get boring!
AnubisADL
Posts: 27382
Alba Posts: 13
Joined: 6/29/2009
Member: #2771
USA
12/3/2012  11:18 AM
The only player worth talking about on the Rockets is James Harden.

Lin has put up very pedestrian stats this season.

NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
DurzoBlint
Posts: 23067
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 7/10/2006
Member: #1152
USA
12/3/2012  11:37 AM
Anji wrote:Lin could have told the knicks the deal before he signed it.

I personally don't care, but there isn't a 5 minute deadline to sign just because he got an offer from the Rockets.

If he wanted to be a knicks he could have took the deal to the knicks and said I want this or I'm going to houston. Restricted players do it all the time when they actually want to come back to their teams.

How beast would our bench be in three years with Lin and Amare making 36 million dollars??? Best Bench everrrrr!!!!!!

exactly. Also, he could have said to the Knicks, I will happily wait if your going to offer me a fair deal. The Knicks didn't tell him to go set his market value, they allowed him to go set his market value.

It is the Agents job to secure a contract but, also to let his client know of any possible negative ramifications. The agent was so convinced the Knick would match ANYTHING that he allowed his client to sign a contract that would hurt the club. The tax hit on that, no matter who the owner is was totally ridiculous. Also, how IRONIC it is for guys to be bytching about Dolan showing some fiscal intelligence. Even Clyde agreed that the last year was not something the Knicks in good sense should match

the fact that you can't even have an unrelated thread without some tool here bringing him up make me think that rational minds are few and far between. Bunch of emotionally weak, angst riddled people. I mean, how many times can you argue the same shyt
Bonn1997
Posts: 58319
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
12/3/2012  11:41 AM
DurzoBlint wrote:
Anji wrote:Lin could have told the knicks the deal before he signed it.

I personally don't care, but there isn't a 5 minute deadline to sign just because he got an offer from the Rockets.

If he wanted to be a knicks he could have took the deal to the knicks and said I want this or I'm going to houston. Restricted players do it all the time when they actually want to come back to their teams.

How beast would our bench be in three years with Lin and Amare making 36 million dollars??? Best Bench everrrrr!!!!!!

exactly. Also, he could have said to the Knicks, I will happily wait if your going to offer me a fair deal. The Knicks didn't tell him to go set his market value, they allowed him to go set his market value.

It is the Agents job to secure a contract but, also to let his client know of any possible negative ramifications. The agent was so convinced the Knick would match ANYTHING that he allowed his client to sign a contract that would hurt the club. The tax hit on that, no matter who the owner is was totally ridiculous. Also, how IRONIC it is for guys to be bytching about Dolan showing some fiscal intelligence. Even Clyde agreed that the last year was not something the Knicks in good sense should match


What would telling the Knicks of the deal before he signed it have accomplished?
tkf
Posts: 36487
Alba Posts: 6
Joined: 8/13/2001
Member: #87
12/3/2012  11:52 AM
NYKBocker wrote:Also, there are a couple of people here that watch the Rockets a lot. tkf and myself come to mind. I think he would agree with me that Lin's earlier struggles are on his FG%. Also, the fact that the Rockets choose not to run a single PG system. In their offense, Lin, Harden and Parsons runs the offense. They take turns on running it and you will see Lin in the corner setting up for the 3 which he was struggling in the beginning. His lone defensive mishap was against Portland against the rookie PG but even in that game he had around 8 assists and rebounded well. He is one of the leaders in the NBA in steals. When given a chance he has managed that Rocket team to wins.

I don't think Lin will ever reach Linsanity heights again unless you team him up with MDA again, but to say he is not that good astonishes me. I mean people can't be that closed minded...can they?

YEA, THEY CAN BE... LOL..

but good post, the rockets run a different system, and linsanity was great, but honestly, the numbers were sustainable for probably one player in this league.. lebron... the key to linsanity was his energy, leadership on the floor and playmaking ability.. He is a playmaker on that rocket team, make no mistake, along with harden and parsons, those three are good passers, and they can get their own shot.. Lin is doing well, other than FG% he is playing pretty good..

people around here want lin to do bad for one reason... and that is validation.. they want to believe that letting lin go was the right thing to do, instead of admitting dolan made a personal and silly business move, that had less to do with money and winning and the future of this team, and more to do with his personal feelings... dolan is an idiot.. plain and simple..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
ChuckBuck
Posts: 28851
Alba Posts: 11
Joined: 1/3/2012
Member: #3806
USA
12/3/2012  11:54 AM
Right now Dolan is looking like the smartest idiot in the room...
DurzoBlint
Posts: 23067
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 7/10/2006
Member: #1152
USA
12/3/2012  11:55 AM
I don't want Lin to be bad or fail. I just think the people trying to crucify the organization for not re-signing him are off base. To be honest, I'm not truly sure either of them are in the wrong. Lin didn't do anything really wrong here and neither did Dolan.

Like I said, Ironic that people are actually bytching about Dolan showing some fiscal responsibility for once. Whether he was butt hurt or not, we can only speculate because NO ONE KNOWS.

the fact that you can't even have an unrelated thread without some tool here bringing him up make me think that rational minds are few and far between. Bunch of emotionally weak, angst riddled people. I mean, how many times can you argue the same shyt
tkf
Posts: 36487
Alba Posts: 6
Joined: 8/13/2001
Member: #87
12/3/2012  11:57 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
DurzoBlint wrote:
Anji wrote:Lin could have told the knicks the deal before he signed it.

I personally don't care, but there isn't a 5 minute deadline to sign just because he got an offer from the Rockets.

If he wanted to be a knicks he could have took the deal to the knicks and said I want this or I'm going to houston. Restricted players do it all the time when they actually want to come back to their teams.

How beast would our bench be in three years with Lin and Amare making 36 million dollars??? Best Bench everrrrr!!!!!!

exactly. Also, he could have said to the Knicks, I will happily wait if your going to offer me a fair deal. The Knicks didn't tell him to go set his market value, they allowed him to go set his market value.

It is the Agents job to secure a contract but, also to let his client know of any possible negative ramifications. The agent was so convinced the Knick would match ANYTHING that he allowed his client to sign a contract that would hurt the club. The tax hit on that, no matter who the owner is was totally ridiculous. Also, how IRONIC it is for guys to be bytching about Dolan showing some fiscal intelligence. Even Clyde agreed that the last year was not something the Knicks in good sense should match


What would telling the Knicks of the deal before he signed it have accomplished?

exactly.. better yet, why didn't the knicks just offer him a deal and say this is the most we can give you according to the CBA, and go from there?

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
SupremeCommander
Posts: 31791
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

12/3/2012  11:57 AM
NYKBocker wrote:Also, there are a couple of people here that watch the Rockets a lot. tkf and myself come to mind. I think he would agree with me that Lin's earlier struggles are on his FG%. Also, the fact that the Rockets choose not to run a single PG system. In their offense, Lin, Harden and Parsons runs the offense. They take turns on running it and you will see Lin in the corner setting up for the 3 which he was struggling in the beginning. His lone defensive mishap was against Portland against the rookie PG but even in that game he had around 8 assists and rebounded well. He is one of the leaders in the NBA in steals. When given a chance he has managed that Rocket team to wins.

I don't think Lin will ever reach Linsanity heights again unless you team him up with MDA again, but to say he is not that good astonishes me. I mean people can't be that closed minded...can they?

he's an average player... he still doesn't have a left hand, doesn't shoot well, turns the ball over, and doesn't defend. He s a world class creator though. Add it all up and he's an average player and you'd have to be nuts to pay him $15 million in salary and another $15 million in luxury tax to keep him around. Give me novak, Felton, and JR Smith over Lin any day of the week and twice on Sundays

fishmike said: Yes. Sometimes I confuse the alerts with when your mom calls. BTW she said defensive guards are really important.
tkf
Posts: 36487
Alba Posts: 6
Joined: 8/13/2001
Member: #87
12/3/2012  11:59 AM
DurzoBlint wrote:I don't want Lin to be bad or fail. I just think the people trying to crucify the organization for not re-signing him are off base. To be honest, I'm not truly sure either of them are in the wrong. Lin didn't do anything really wrong here and neither did Dolan.

Like I said, Ironic that people are actually bytching about Dolan showing some fiscal responsibility for once. Whether he was butt hurt or not, we can only speculate because NO ONE KNOWS.

because he is not... he overpaid novak, he gave kidd(39 years old) 3 years and overpaid for camby(40 years old)... the fiscal responsibility talk is absolute BS!

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
smackeddog
Posts: 32464
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 3/30/2005
Member: #883
12/3/2012  12:04 PM
Sportswriter "Mans Up" about Linsanity

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.