[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Sportswriter "Mans Up" about Linsanity
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/1/2012  12:30 PM
I think its time to stop piling on Lin. The guy helped us get to the playoffs last season. He should get more respect around here then he has been getting. I hope he develps a jumper and becomes a solid PG in this league.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/1/2012  12:33 PM
I'd almost say give it about 120 games, about half way thru this contract before we start to really call him out one way or the other.

Or keep doing this after each game that Felton does well.

But if kNicks start to fade and Felton drops, then be prepared to further this arguement.

Its pretty universally accepted the contract would have really been bad for Knicks. for what Rockets got, its not a bad contract.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/1/2012  12:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2012  12:39 PM
Felton was awful yesterday against the Wizards
CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
12/1/2012  12:57 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Felton was awful yesterday against the Wizards

5 for 13 - 11 Points, 2 Assists, 2 TO's, 1 RBD, 1 STL in 26 minutes +14 is awful?

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/1/2012  1:00 PM
was shooting too much in the beginning and bricking everything until he started going to the basket which he is actually good at
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/1/2012  1:01 PM
If it's not awful, it's at least pretty bad.
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
12/1/2012  1:10 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:I think its time to stop piling on Lin. The guy helped us get to the playoffs last season. He should get more respect around here then he has been getting. I hope he develps a jumper and becomes a solid PG in this league.
I think the piling on happened because he was portrayed as the savior to the franchise that got away. Some said the team should have resigned him despite the huge cap hit and restrictions resigning him would have meant. Some said that he should have been resigned and then traded despite having an almost untradesble contract. I really think the only team that would have taken that salary on was HOuston and they could not trade for Lin based on the new cba. The theory that Melo forced the knicks not to resign him because he wanted to play me ball is pretty freakin annoying as well. I think it is more this then Lin the player himself. It would help if he stopped talking about his time in ny and how he thinks he would still be there if D'Antoni didn't resign.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
12/1/2012  1:22 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:I think its time to stop piling on Lin. The guy helped us get to the playoffs last season. He should get more respect around here then he has been getting. I hope he develps a jumper and becomes a solid PG in this league.
I think the piling on happened because he was portrayed as the savior to the franchise that got away. Some said the team should have resigned him despite the huge cap hit and restrictions resigning him would have meant. Some said that he should have been resigned and then traded despite having an almost untradesble contract. I really think the only team that would have taken that salary on was HOuston and they could not trade for Lin based on the new cba. The theory that Melo forced the knicks not to resign him because he wanted to play me ball is pretty freakin annoying as well. I think it is more this then Lin the player himself. It would help if he stopped talking about his time in ny and how he thinks he would still be there if D'Antoni didn't resign.

I understand that. At this point though it seems like piling on. Every week there is something coming out talking about how he sucks. I had a feeling that ppl didn't really understand the type of pressure they were putting on Lin given the amount of expectations and praise they were giving him. If he played in NY right now it would be even worse. Or they would probably just blame Melo.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
12/1/2012  1:43 PM
I'm so glad he's Houston's problem and not ours.
playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

12/1/2012  1:58 PM
Nalod wrote:
HE does not have to be "LinSane" to live up to his contract. 8mil a year is not crazy money. Lawson gets like 10mil. Is he average? Average is about the 15th best.

He got paid for potential.

He got paid to out bid the knicks.

He got paid because of the unique situation of being a 2nd round pick and a free agent.

He sat becasue it was reported even Dolan didn't want him to play.

At 85% he was not better than what Shump and Davis were giving us at that moment.

At 85% he was not going to make that big a difference under Woodys less than Linsonic style.

He is over paid for potential and its 14 games into his new contract. We gonna do this after each game?

You left out one,
He got paid to bring in the money from Asian population like Yao Ming did in Houston.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/1/2012  3:21 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:I'm so glad he's Houston's problem and not ours.

I wish our problems were paid only $8 mil for 3 years
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
12/1/2012  3:54 PM
What does that even mean????
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
12/1/2012  4:10 PM
Forward

Rewarding his team for the given opportunity, Prigioni has thrived with extended minutes. In the Knicks' last two commanding wins, the Argentine rookie has averaged 9.5 points and 6 assists off the bench.

But it's not all about the stats. With Raymond Felton looking to assert himself more as a scorer, it's been Prigioni who has been the true floor general visionary on the court. He may not be able to run and gun towards the basket on his own, but the 35 year old knows exactly where his teammates are without having to take a second look.

A rookie in the NBA, but a veteran basketball presence in reality, Prigioni has terrific instincts. Whereas efficient scorers sometimes like to catch and shoot, the guard likes to catch and pass, furthering the team's ball movement efficiently. What's more, he chases down his defender (and not to mention, loose balls) to come up with a steal. Needless to say, Prigioni loves sparking fast breaks and helping his teammates finish on offense after coming up with a key stop on defense.

Prigioni may not be Jeremy Lin. He won't be getting voted into any All-Star games, and he probably won't be a late addition to any festivities either. But what he provides the Knicks with can still have the same effect. After struggling a bit to start the season, the boost in Novak's game with the Argentine on the court has been evident. With a savvy playmaker now making moves and running the show, the pressure is also off sixth man J.R. Smith to handle the ball.

"Linsanity" was big, bold, and explosive. Pablo Prigioni certainly doesn't represent those types of things. Instead, "Prigsanity" has been delivered to The World's Most Famous Arena in a small little package that still packs quite the punch of energy.

If the Knicks want to continue receiving such an injection of life on a nightly basis, it'll be important to keep Prigioni in the lineup for the long haul.

- Keith Schlosser

once a knick always a knick
CrushAlot
USA
12/1/2012  4:14 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:

There are 14.9 million reasons in year three of his deal for him not to be in ny. This is misrepresenting things a bit.

VCoug
Member: #1406

12/1/2012  4:30 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

There are 14.9 million reasons in year three of his deal for him not to be in ny. This is misrepresenting things a bit.

It amazes me that some people care how much James Dolan pays in luxury tax.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
misterearl
USA
12/1/2012  4:35 PM
Forward

“We’re playing so well right now, you kind of forget that we don’t have Stat, Shump is out, Kidd is out. It goes to show you how much firepower we have. For Pablo to step up the way he is doing at the point-guard position, it’s fantastic."

- Carmelo Anthony

TeamBall
Member: #4386

12/1/2012  4:40 PM
misterearl wrote: With a savvy playmaker now making moves and running the show, the pressure is also off sixth man J.R. Smith to handle the ball

Thats a big reason why I think JR looked sooo bad last year in the playoffs and got all those twitter insults. I think its also a big reason why Pablo's minutes shouldnt take such a massive hit when everyone gets healthy.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
CrushAlot
USA
12/1/2012  4:51 PM
VCoug wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Its more than just tax. But it has all been discussed before. If the KNicks add lbj or Durant and pay 65 mil in salary tax for that player in 1 yeear and can't make moves I don't give a sh@t. If you put the team into a situation that is incredibly restrictive because of the new cba then I want the guy to sign someone who puts them over the top. I think the Knicks did fine and I think Lin is going to need to play a lot better to come close to earning his contract.
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
12/1/2012  4:52 PM
VCoug wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

I don't people care about Dolans money, nobody wants Calderon/Sessions on their bench making 15 million dollars when our good players should be making a push that year. No title team wants or should have that.
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
misterearl
USA
12/1/2012  4:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2012  5:04 PM
Great Catch

TeamBall wrote:
misterearl wrote: With a savvy playmaker now making moves and running the show, the pressure is also off sixth man J.R. Smith to handle the ball

Thats a big reason why I think JR looked sooo bad last year in the playoffs and got all those twitter insults. I think its also a big reason why Pablo's minutes shouldnt take such a massive hit when everyone gets healthy.

Pablo was signed as the insurance policy for Jason Kidd. For a 35 year old rookie to step in and grow, right before our cynical eyes, is a treat. The players who benefit from Prigi Smalls the most are our two best snipers, JR Smith and Steve Novak. JR has more ability to create off the dribble, but his on-balance, in rhythm jumper is as pure as it gets.

JR Smith, (44 per cent, 48 per cent from three point range) with assisted shot taking, is as valuable as Kobe Bryant (49 percent, 40 percent from three). Yeah, I said it.

Sportswriter "Mans Up" about Linsanity

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy