[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Nash on his Suns teams never playing defense and D'Antoni admitting coaching in New York a mistake
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
11/28/2012  3:59 PM
tkf wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
smackeddog wrote:He chose money over a better situation. Don't go complaining after you've pocketed all the money that the situation was poor. And be a professional- coaches don't go round saying their previous job was a mistake.

Exactly. He went for the money grab, simple as that. Damn doing a good job...I got $24 mill GA RONE TEED!!!

just sad posting bro... no integrity whatsoever... wow

How so? He could have chosen a better situation in Chicago or with the suns. Lets not fool ourselves, the main reason he signed with us was because we offered a lot more money. No shame in that, but don't complain afterwards- he knew what he was getting himself into.

Yep, he never really was in a position to succeed (still can't believe he never had a decent PG for most of his stint!), but he got the money he wanted so he can't really complain.

AUTOADVERT
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/28/2012  4:00 PM
tkf wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
smackeddog wrote:He chose money over a better situation. Don't go complaining after you've pocketed all the money that the situation was poor. And be a professional- coaches don't go round saying their previous job was a mistake.

Exactly. He went for the money grab, simple as that. Damn doing a good job...I got $24 mill GA RONE TEED!!!

Integrity? Don't look at me. I'm not making anything up. D'Antoni just aired his dirty laundry. It's all out on the open. You can read about it too now.

For the short version:
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/29495/dan-i-shouldnt-have-gone-to-new-york

For the long version:
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8683275/the-los-angeles-lakers-mike-dantoni-slowly-learning-play-together

It's public knowledge dude. Why would you leave your cushy job in the desert for the mean streets of NY with employees you don't like and employers you may not trust. Simple as any job. Money.

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
11/28/2012  4:39 PM
Mark Jackson
once a knick always a knick
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/28/2012  5:25 PM
MDA admits a mistake ? What have they done to you man, that's not the MDA we all know. Sad, sad day
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/28/2012  6:01 PM
3G4G wrote:They both said what I thought and have felt for the longest.

Mgmt can be blamed here too for not stressing quicker what it would take to win and bringing those pieces in.

D'Antoni speaking on Nash is EPIC....he referred to coaching Nash as SACRED..

NUFF CED!

The pieces wouldn't come. There were some 'experts' that said LBJ and others wouldn't come because they knew defense was necessary to win a championship.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
11/28/2012  6:02 PM
jaydh wrote:
tkf wrote:Honestly chuck is completely misrepresenting what was said by dantoni.. this thread is a shame.. I am not going to take part in this garbage.. he is pretty much assuming we are all dummies by posting quotes and then changing them completely...

just ridiculous...

d'antoni actually said he went to the knicks mostly for the money in some post LA hiring interviews.

Makes sense. He could have had the Bulls job and the roster was much better.
CrushAlot
USA
11/28/2012  6:05 PM
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

It doesnt matter no coach would have made us better with the type of talent we had

No coach has done more with less than Tom Thibadeau. That's the coach I wanted in 2008. Never wanted MDA, actually wouldn't have minded Mark Jackson, but Walsh dissed him for some reason.

Gotta let it go Chuck we had terrible talent from 2002-2010.
Honestly his second year in NY no one could have done a worse job. If you are a fan of his and think he was a good coach then you say he mailed it in. Personally I don't think he is a good coach and his performance in year 2 should have gotten him fired.
CrushAlot
USA
11/28/2012  6:17 PM
I think the Knicks drafted Gallo and Hill as opposed to Bropez and Jennings because of D'Antoni.
NUPE
Member: #4205

11/28/2012  6:47 PM
tkf wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

Pot calling the kettle black

CrushAlot
USA
11/28/2012  7:01 PM
I wish Walsh would admit the mistake he made.
cooch2584
Member: #1187

11/28/2012  7:12 PM

I didnt read the articles,but if he came to NYC just for the money and he is now complaining about it out in the open like this then thats not professional and just wrong to do. Maybe some day riley the rat will make it public why he didnt put Rolando Blackman in for Starks in 94. All we needed in that 7th game was 2 or 3 buckets to open up the floor and maybe win the chip.JMHO

3G4G
Member: #4333

11/28/2012  7:23 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
3G4G wrote:They both said what I thought and have felt for the longest.

Mgmt can be blamed here too for not stressing quicker what it would take to win and bringing those pieces in.

D'Antoni speaking on Nash is EPIC....he referred to coaching Nash as SACRED..

NUFF CED!

The pieces wouldn't come. There were some 'experts' that said LBJ and others wouldn't come because they knew defense was necessary to win a championship.

I'm referring to pieces Phx could have acquired over their run. Even if it meant sacrificing the core.

3G4G
Member: #4333

11/28/2012  7:34 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I wish Walsh would admit the mistake he made.

Walsh has admitted several mistakes, which one did he fail to admit?

knicks1248
Member: #582
11/28/2012  8:15 PM
cooch2584 wrote:

I didnt read the articles,but if he came to NYC just for the money and he is now complaining about it out in the open like this then thats not professional and just wrong to do. ``Maybe some day riley the rat will make it public why he didnt put Rolando Blackman in for Starks in 94. All we needed in that 7th game was 2 or 3 buckets to open up the floor and maybe win the chip.JMHO

Actually he always sad that was one of the biggest mistakes he made has a head coach..He new how streaky starks was and just new 1 makde shot would get him going. As a fan, i could argue this all day, as a coach i don't blame him..

As for MDA..you damn right Im going to take a 6 mill a yr job knowing you wont get fired through out the entire contract..

Left with his rep still intact, didn't have to lift a finger to land a top notch coaching gig..

ES
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/28/2012  9:32 PM
3G4G wrote:

That's an easy one!

Hiring D'Antoni

Drafting Danilo Gallinari

Drafing Jordan Hill

Amare Stoudemire on a non-insured contract

List goes on...

CrushAlot
USA
11/28/2012  9:45 PM
3G4G wrote:

I was referring to hiring D'Antoni. He spent 3 years trying to make the guy fit when it was obvious that it would never work and was the wrong hire.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/28/2012  11:41 PM
They didn't have a defense PG either. Amare was 19yrs old when MDA got him. Amare could have been groomed to be a defensive center if the coaching demanded it. If Larry Brown was the head coach with Amare at the age of 19 Amare would probably be one of the better defenisve players today.

MDA put all his eggs in the offenisve basket with the pace they play at and the short rotation he runs he isn't going to be able to find players who could maintain that pace playing elite defense and offense as well as staying healthy. There would allways end up being a problem with one thing or another.

Nash isn't the only one he was lucky to have as Shawn Marion's ability to guard SF/PF open up space for Amare at the floor with his 3pt ability, grab 10rbs a game to cover for Amare's okay rebounding as well as 2stls and 1.5blks a game in his prime. Shawn Marion was as vital to those teams as Nash and Amare were as he basically coverd for all the holes a team would have playing small ball.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Sangfroid
Member: #2784

11/29/2012  12:29 AM
WHATEVER
"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
cooch2584
Member: #1187

11/29/2012  7:25 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
cooch2584 wrote:

I didnt read the articles,but if he came to NYC just for the money and he is now complaining about it out in the open like this then thats not professional and just wrong to do. ``Maybe some day riley the rat will make it public why he didnt put Rolando Blackman in for Starks in 94. All we needed in that 7th game was 2 or 3 buckets to open up the floor and maybe win the chip.JMHO

Actually he always sad that was one of the biggest mistakes he made has a head coach..He new how streaky starks was and just new 1 makde shot would get him going. As a fan, i could argue this all day, as a coach i don't blame him..

As for MDA..you damn right Im going to take a 6 mill a yr job knowing you wont get fired through out the entire contract..

Left with his rep still intact, didn't have to lift a finger to land a top notch coaching gig..

Knicks,where and when did riley admit his mistake?

playa2
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #407

11/29/2012  10:16 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:This episode in they said it!

Steve Nash looking back at his Suns teams failures:

His voice gets a little deeper as he runs through the details. There's pain there.

"I do remember those things," Nash says. "But I don't look back on them. That's life. You move on. We never got to the Finals, we never were a championship team.

Steve Nash on his teams never being good at all defensively:

"We also never played with a defensive center. We were a flawed team that got pretty dang close to our potential and maybe it was never quite good enough."

He looks up at me to make sure that last part sinks in. It's not a line. It's his truth.

Mike D'Antoni admitting his whole time in New York was a mistake:

Enough time has passed now that D'Antoni can admit where he went wrong. It's not one of those plays he regrets, it's a decision.
His decision to leave.

"I shouldn't have gone to New York," he says, looking down at the sideline in Memphis, pacing on that unstable right leg.
"I should have stuck in there and battled. You don't get to coach somebody like him [Nash] too many times. It's pretty sacred and you need to take care of it. I didn't."

D'Antoni has never told Nash this.

Well, hopefully this can dispel any myths about the Suns teams being anywhere close to a decent defensive team. No defense, no rings!

And D'Antoni openly admitting he never should've left for New York, that his whole time here was a mistake...I don't know how any Knicks fan can defend that. Basically telling New York fans "Sorry bitches, came here for the money! Nothing more, nothing less".

Remember, don't kill the messenger. They said it!

Great Post ChuckBuck !

Danphoney indeed came for the money, but at the same time Knicks management used him too as a shield for their poor decisions previously made.

I never wanted him because the description of the knicks when they were winning has always been defense 1st. His hiring was inconsistent with everything veteran knicks fans believed in.

JAMES DOLAN on Isiah : He's a good friend of mine and of the organization and I will continue to solicit his views. He will always have strong ties to me and the team.
Nash on his Suns teams never playing defense and D'Antoni admitting coaching in New York a mistake

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy