[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Nash on his Suns teams never playing defense and D'Antoni admitting coaching in New York a mistake
Author Thread
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/28/2012  2:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/28/2012  2:49 PM
This episode in they said it!

Steve Nash looking back at his Suns teams failures:

His voice gets a little deeper as he runs through the details. There's pain there.

"I do remember those things," Nash says. "But I don't look back on them. That's life. You move on. We never got to the Finals, we never were a championship team.

Steve Nash on his teams never being good at all defensively:

"We also never played with a defensive center. We were a flawed team that got pretty dang close to our potential and maybe it was never quite good enough."

He looks up at me to make sure that last part sinks in. It's not a line. It's his truth.

Mike D'Antoni admitting his whole time in New York was a mistake:

Enough time has passed now that D'Antoni can admit where he went wrong. It's not one of those plays he regrets, it's a decision.
His decision to leave.

"I shouldn't have gone to New York," he says, looking down at the sideline in Memphis, pacing on that unstable right leg.
"I should have stuck in there and battled. You don't get to coach somebody like him [Nash] too many times. It's pretty sacred and you need to take care of it. I didn't."

D'Antoni has never told Nash this.

Well, hopefully this can dispel any myths about the Suns teams being anywhere close to a decent defensive team. No defense, no rings!

And D'Antoni openly admitting he never should've left for New York, that his whole time here was a mistake...I don't know how any Knicks fan can defend that. Basically telling New York fans "Sorry bitches, came here for the money! Nothing more, nothing less".

Remember, don't kill the messenger. They said it!

AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/28/2012  2:47 PM
creating a new thread on this doesn't erase the fact that you completely misrepresent what is being said here.. LOL..

fried chicken, baked chicken, stewed chicken, grilled chicken.. is all chicken.... taking a bad post and creating a new thread still makes it a .. bad post, chuck....

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
3G4G
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4333

11/28/2012  2:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/28/2012  2:49 PM
They both said what I thought and have felt for the longest.

Mgmt can be blamed here too for not stressing quicker what it would take to win and bringing those pieces in.

D'Antoni speaking on Nash is EPIC....he referred to coaching Nash as SACRED..

NUFF CED!

ChuckBuck
USA
11/28/2012  2:51 PM
tkf wrote:creating a new thread on this doesn't erase the fact that you completely misrepresent what is being said here.. LOL..

fried chicken, baked chicken, stewed chicken, grilled chicken.. is all chicken.... taking a bad post and creating a new thread still makes it a .. bad post, chuck....

What did I misrepresent? Nash admits the Suns were a flawed team. D'Antoni regrets leaving the Suns for more moolah.

What is misrepresented?

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/28/2012  2:55 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:This episode in they said it!

Steve Nash looking back at his Suns teams failures:

His voice gets a little deeper as he runs through the details. There's pain there.

"I do remember those things," Nash says. "But I don't look back on them. That's life. You move on. We never got to the Finals, we never were a championship team.

Steve Nash on his teams never being good at all defensively:

"We also never played with a defensive center. We were a flawed team that got pretty dang close to our potential and maybe it was never quite good enough."

He looks up at me to make sure that last part sinks in. It's not a line. It's his truth.

Mike D'Antoni admitting his whole time in New York was a mistake:

Enough time has passed now that D'Antoni can admit where he went wrong. It's not one of those plays he regrets, it's a decision.
His decision to leave.

"I shouldn't have gone to New York," he says, looking down at the sideline in Memphis, pacing on that unstable right leg.
"I should have stuck in there and battled. You don't get to coach somebody like him [Nash] too many times. It's pretty sacred and you need to take care of it. I didn't."

D'Antoni has never told Nash this.

Well, hopefully this can dispel any myths about the Suns teams being anywhere close to a decent defensive team. No defense, no rings!

And D'Antoni openly admitting he never should've left for New York, that his whole time here was a mistake...I don't know how any Knicks fan can defend that. Basically telling New York fans "Sorry bitches, came here for the money! Nothing more, nothing less".

Remember, don't kill the messenger. They said it!

I think this was all pretty obvious. Everyone who works for Dolan comes to regret it in retrospect.
tkf
11/28/2012  2:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/28/2012  2:59 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
tkf wrote:creating a new thread on this doesn't erase the fact that you completely misrepresent what is being said here.. LOL..

What did I misrepresent? Nash admits the Suns were a flawed team. D'Antoni regrets leaving the Suns for more moolah.

What is misrepresented?

flawed when he said they didn't have a defensive center.. you turned that into him saying they didn't play defense...dude that was just flat out wrong what you did there...

and where did he say he left the sons for more "moolah" another lie.. dude stop acting like you are talking to a bunch of kids here.. we can read what was wrote!!! he regretted leaving nash! he loved coaching him.. that is exactly what he said!!!

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
IrishKnickFan
Member: #4171

11/28/2012  2:58 PM
I dont know what the point is. I mean we have been a laughingstock for 12 years. I dont like MDA but he has won a lot of Phoenix and now he has a very good laker team. Right now we dont know what we have yet
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/28/2012  2:58 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
I think this was all pretty obvious. Everyone who works for Dolan comes to regret it in retrospect.

Amen to that brother.

tkf
11/28/2012  3:00 PM
Honestly chuck is completely misrepresenting what was said by dantoni.. this thread is a shame.. I am not going to take part in this garbage.. he is pretty much assuming we are all dummies by posting quotes and then changing them completely...

just ridiculous...

ChuckBuck
USA
11/28/2012  3:15 PM
More damning evidence:

"I probably irrationally made a decision right when the season was over. You should take a month to figure it out. I shouldn't have left. That was my fault."

The story I've always heard is that it was a mutual parting. The Suns' ownership group and new general manager Steve Kerr pushed him to hire a defensive assistant. His system was questioned. Everything was.

Sure the Suns could outscore everyone, but could they win a championship? Could D'Antoni? Was the team flawed? Was he? Did they just have horrible luck? Did he need to change? Could he?

When the Knicks job came open in the spring of 2008, the Suns let him go.

"No. It was me," D'Antoni admits now. "I initiated it and I probably shouldn't have."

Basically Dolan and Grunwald did the same thing Kerr and Sarver did. Force him to hire a defensive assistant, because he never emphasized defense at all.

On running to New York for the big payday back in 2008:

A source close to D'Antoni said Saturday that he was "shocked" that D'Antoni would agree to join the Knicks.

"The money is great, so maybe that's the reason he took it," said the source. "If I were advising Mike, I would have told him not to take the job."

'Nuff said.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/28/2012  3:18 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:[I think this was all pretty obvious. Everyone who works for Dolan comes to regret it in retrospect.
this...
Chaney, escourted out by security
Lenny Wilkins, Ive had enough of this crap
Isiah, get in the truck
Larry Brown and his parking lot interviews
MDA... it was all just a bad dream
Woody... Im so excited be an NBA head coach again

Im pretty sure somehow this thread ends up about Melo being an MVP

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

11/28/2012  3:20 PM
Now that the smoke has long been cleared, its become evident that Mike D'antoni's time in New York was defined by a losing culture and an unwillingness to communicate defense to his players.
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/28/2012  3:42 PM
He chose money over a better situation. Don't go complaining after you've pocketed all the money that the situation was poor. And be a professional- coaches don't go round saying their previous job was a mistake.
ChuckBuck
USA
11/28/2012  3:47 PM
smackeddog wrote:He chose money over a better situation. Don't go complaining after you've pocketed all the money that the situation was poor. And be a professional- coaches don't go round saying their previous job was a mistake.

Exactly. He went for the money grab, simple as that. Damn doing a good job...I got $24 mill GA RONE TEED!!!

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/28/2012  3:48 PM
JrZyHuStLa wrote:Now that the smoke has long been cleared, its become evident that Mike D'antoni's time in New York was defined by a losing culture and an unwillingness to communicate defense to his players.

That's what you take from his time in NY? You can't just talk about D, you MUST have defensive talent. No defensive talent, no defense! It's the same with offense. It's interesting that despite not having a lot of size in PHX, his teams were NEVER the worst defensive teams in the league. He was always middle of the NBA in terms of team D. Now if you put a defensive C like Tyson or KG on one of his teams, just imagine how much better they would've been. It's a joke to keep making the same lame claims about MDA's defense when we know for a fact that his teams were small and didn't have any stopper in the paint.

Imagine if we had only Diaw as the biggest player on the team right now. Would the Knicks and Woodson be able to get to the ECF's with that team?

IrishKnickFan

11/28/2012  3:49 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
smackeddog wrote:He chose money over a better situation. Don't go complaining after you've pocketed all the money that the situation was poor. And be a professional- coaches don't go round saying their previous job was a mistake.

Exactly. He went for the money grab, simple as that. Damn doing a good job...I got $24 mill GA RONE TEED!!!

It doesnt matter no coach would have made us better with the type of talent we had
ChuckBuck
USA
11/28/2012  3:51 PM
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

It doesnt matter no coach would have made us better with the type of talent we had

No coach has done more with less than Tom Thibadeau. That's the coach I wanted in 2008. Never wanted MDA, actually wouldn't have minded Mark Jackson, but Walsh dissed him for some reason.

tkf
11/28/2012  3:53 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:

just sad posting bro... no integrity whatsoever... wow

jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
11/28/2012  3:56 PM
tkf wrote:Honestly chuck is completely misrepresenting what was said by dantoni.. this thread is a shame.. I am not going to take part in this garbage.. he is pretty much assuming we are all dummies by posting quotes and then changing them completely...

just ridiculous...

d'antoni actually said he went to the knicks mostly for the money in some post LA hiring interviews.

IrishKnickFan

11/28/2012  3:58 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

No coach has done more with less than Tom Thibadeau. That's the coach I wanted in 2008. Never wanted MDA, actually wouldn't have minded Mark Jackson, but Walsh dissed him for some reason.

Gotta let it go Chuck we had terrible talent from 2002-2010.
Nash on his Suns teams never playing defense and D'Antoni admitting coaching in New York a mistake

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy