Mray20
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3138

11/24/2012  11:56 AM
Anji wrote:
Mray20 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Anji wrote:Amare and Novack for Pau

it would have to be Amare for Pau straight up and LA would have to include another player to make it work because Amare is so grossly overpaid. Obviously would be a steal for the Knicks based on the fact that Pau is durable alone

Won't happen. Lakers aren't clumsy enough

Pau Gasol and Amare are both getting paid 19 million this year they are both overpaid lol

Yeah and Amare/Novack works salary wise, MDA gets three point shooting and his black Statllone to ride!!!

I don't want anybody on the Lakers roster even Pau he's a softy
No layups!
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/24/2012  11:59 AM
"I'm not a pure jump-shooter," Gasol said. "I can stretch the defense out and make a couple jumpers. But how I get going is by getting in the paint and creating off the post. That's historically how I've been really successful and made a really good name for myself and earned my contracts. Hopefully I'll find a way and we'll find a way to get me a few opportunities there and get myself going in that way and be more effective."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8667827/the-los-angeles-lakers-left-feeling-tad-short-latelyArticle makes it sound like their waiting Nash to straighten things out. The more things change the more they stay the same.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
11/24/2012  11:59 AM
I liked when he was here but it sounds like he still wants to run n gun. guess we have to reserve judgement till Nash is back running the show. Pau would have to play the Diaw role of passing big man but he doesn't have 3 point range.

I see Pau getting traded for youth and outside shooting. Dunno who really wants that contract and is looking to give up a stretch 4.

San Antonio trades: Matt Bonner, Stephen Jackson, Boris Diaw and Dannny Green for Pau.

Parker
Manu
Kawhi Leonard
Duncan
Pau

Lakers get 3 shooters, and a promising young player. Captain Jack plays the role of Shawn Marion, Diaw plays the role of Diaw. The red rocket do what the red rocket do. Danny Green lives with the Mamba and tries to snatch grasshoppers from this hand.

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
11/24/2012  12:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/24/2012  12:01 PM
Mray20 wrote:
Anji wrote:
Mray20 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

it would have to be Amare for Pau straight up and LA would have to include another player to make it work because Amare is so grossly overpaid. Obviously would be a steal for the Knicks based on the fact that Pau is durable alone

Pau Gasol and Amare are both getting paid 19 million this year they are both overpaid lol

Yeah and Amare/Novack works salary wise, MDA gets three point shooting and his black Statllone to ride!!!

You'd love Pau, he is verrrrry skilled at the four and can play Center.
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/24/2012  12:01 PM
Andrea Bargnani or Ryan Anderson would be deadly on the Lakers. Not sure if Toronto is dumb enough but they did give Fields $20mil
Mray20

11/24/2012  12:05 PM
Anji wrote:
Mray20 wrote:
Anji wrote:
Mray20 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

I don't know man he hasn't shown up in the playoffs the last couple of years and I just feel if Amare could get healthy him and Felton in the pick and roll could be a nightmare for opposing defenses

No layups!
MinsHeartsReezy
Member: #872
USA
11/24/2012  12:09 PM
gunsnewing wrote:

Durable....until he wears a Knicks uniform. That seems to be how our luck goes...

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/24/2012  12:11 PM
Mray20 wrote:
Anji wrote:
Mray20 wrote:
Anji wrote:
Mray20 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

I don't know man he hasn't shown up in the playoffs the last couple of years and I just feel if Amare could get healthy him and Felton in the pick and roll could be a nightmare for opposing defenses

Amare hasn't been healthy for almost 2 years now and he's getting older. I certainly hope he gets healthy but not expecting it....

VCoug
Member: #1406

11/24/2012  12:22 PM
Uptown wrote:
Mray20 wrote:
Anji wrote:
Mray20 wrote:
Anji wrote:
Mray20 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Amare hasn't been healthy for almost 2 years now and he's getting older. I certainly hope he gets healthy but not expecting it....

It doesn't matter. There's literally no chance the Lakers trade us Gasol for Amare/Novak or really any package we could put together.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/24/2012  12:27 PM
VCoug wrote:
Uptown wrote:
Mray20 wrote:
Anji wrote:
Mray20 wrote:
Anji wrote:
Mray20 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

It doesn't matter. There's literally no chance the Lakers trade us Gasol for Amare/Novak or really any package we could put together.

I honestly dont expect it either. Was just responding to the idea of waiting for Amare to get healthy.

IronWillGiroud
Member: #4359

11/24/2012  12:54 PM
I love D'Antoni and his style of hoops! At the same time, I think he's better suited for a team of scrappy underachievers than established, big-name ballers.

The big-name guys, they don't have an interest in sharing the spotlight with a bunch of no-name bums!

The Will, check out the Official Home of Will's GameDay Art: http://tinyurl.com/thewillgameday
Mray20

11/24/2012  1:02 PM
I never liked Dantoni or his system I enjoyed watching those Phoenix teams cause they were fun but I knew they weren't winning a title playing that way. The Lakers are not suited for his style even with Nash, this isn't 30 year old Nash he's 38 and Kobe and Gasol can't run n gun maybe Dwight but Dantoni doesn't like post players .
No layups!
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
11/24/2012  2:22 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Uptown wrote:In the post game, MDA said, "Guys need to get into shape because they are going to run. If the guys cant run, we will have to find guys that will." Sounds like MDA was given affirmation that its his team.

Stupid taking mda over phil jackson. Look at their make up two 7 footers and older players--what does that have to do with running 48 minutes?

nash has hardly played this season. you think those 7 footers will have a problem getting cookies in the pick and roll?

who's running the pick and roll for them right now?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/24/2012  2:31 PM
dk7th wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Uptown wrote:In the post game, MDA said, "Guys need to get into shape because they are going to run. If the guys cant run, we will have to find guys that will." Sounds like MDA was given affirmation that its his team.

Stupid taking mda over phil jackson. Look at their make up two 7 footers and older players--what does that have to do with running 48 minutes?

nash has hardly played this season. you think those 7 footers will have a problem getting cookies in the pick and roll?

So it will work when Nash recovers from his broken leg? I know that is the hope but not sure it is the most planful way to go about things. The team didn't suit the Princeton but they don't suit seven second mess either.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/24/2012  3:34 PM
They should trade for Lin.
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
11/24/2012  3:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

So it will work when Nash recovers from his broken leg? I know that is the hope but not sure it is the most planful way to go about things. The team didn't suit the Princeton but they don't suit seven second mess either.

it'll work fine. gasol has great hands and should be able to catch bounce passes threaded in the lane. howard doesn't have great hands but he ought to be able to gather himself off a shovel pass or wraparound pass from nash around the rim.

princeton offense was really poor strategy when you have a quarterback like nash. was it put in there to placate gasol and bryant? they should be a great pick and roll squad when nash gets back and still make it to the playoffs. and bryant should be prepared to incorporate a catch and shoot to his arsenal-- no rhythm-gathering dribbles allowed-- or necessary since nash is great at finding guys in rhythm and in their spots. that will help the team and prolong his career.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
cooch2584
Member: #1187

11/24/2012  4:21 PM
AnubisADL wrote:Wonder who the Lakers roll with if Bryant and Howard cant co-exist. This is so entertaining.

Knicks used to be the center of NBA drama. Life is good.

I agree at least the Knicks aint at the forefront of the drama.

cooch2584
Member: #1187

11/24/2012  4:29 PM
We have been hearing about this howard,kobe,nash gasol drama all summer. Question,is this crap more or less crap that the decision by LeButt crack?
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/24/2012  4:43 PM
NUPE wrote:Dantoni is not a coach to be relied upon when your strength is big men with back to the basket games. That is my opinion. Dantoni never worked with Amare or Gallo on low post development, to my knowledge. Dantoni simply does not value low post play or running offense out of the low post.

+1. Unless its PnR or spot up shooting MDA has pretty much no use for it.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/24/2012  4:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/24/2012  5:02 PM

Omg

LA might actually do that. If MDA was not bluffing, Amare can run and can be reunited with Nash. Their stats are simular, with Gasol having slightly more rebounds and blocks.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
OT: Trouble brewing in L.A.?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy