[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: New York Knicks @. New Orleans Hornets. 8:00 PM (Tuesday).
Author Thread
NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

11/18/2012  7:06 PM
Knicks: 7-1 overall (3-1 away record).
@.
Hornets: 3-5 overall (2-3 home record).

Starters:
C: Tyson Chandler vs Robin Lopez.
PF: Carmelo Anthony vs Anthony Davis.
SF: Ronnie Brewer vs Al-Farouq Aminu.
2G: Jason Kidd vs Austin Rivers.
PG: Raymond Felton vs Greivis Vasquez

Bench:
J.R Smith, Steve Novak, Pablo Prigioni, Rasheed Wallace, Kurt Thomas and Marcus Camby
vs
Ryan Anderson, Roger Mason Jr, Darius Miller, Jason Smith, Brian Roberts and Hakim Warrick.

We're off to our franchises best start dating back to 1993-1994. Which was (and is) a record of 7-1. In regards to this 2012-2013 Knicks team, that's something to be proud of. This has been our best 8 game start dating back to 19 years ago. A win against the Hornets puts us in uncharted territory. I'm not sure we've ever featured a N.Y team in which jumped out to an 8-1 start. Not to get ahead of myself, but as a pure basketball fan, a potential record of 8-1 would then become pretty special to me. The Bulls team of 1995-1996 in which won 72 games started off 8-1 before falling to 10-2 overall.

As a fan base, we had a chance to see how our team could and/or would respond after a loss. In my personal opinion, we responded well today, with a 12 point victory (holding the Pacers to only 76 points). 6 out of our 7 wins have been by double digit points. We also won the battle of the boards for the first time this season, out boarding the Pacers by the count of 48-47. That's only a differential of one, but it could still be used as a step in the right direction moving forward.

In regards to our Hornets matchup, to keep it short and simple, these guys shouldn't stand a chance against our Knicks come Tuesday night. An away game or not, we're clearly the much better team when in comparison to a developing Hornets team. Bring our tool box on the road (which is our defense) and we're walking away with an 8-1 record.

Remember how fun watching the game of basketball was during the 90's? It's been a long time coming, but winning basketball is back here in the mecca. Our New York Knicks have finally arrived. Sorry for the long winded post, but when watching these Knicks and/or talking about them, I just feel young at heart with lots of childhood memories growing up loving those Knicks of the early 90's. To sit here and state, that we've just matched our best start since the 93-94 team? I can't take that lightly, it's something that I'm proud of in regards to our current team.

AUTOADVERT
VCoug
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1406

11/18/2012  8:19 PM
Really looking forward to this game. New Orleans has a good amount of young talent and I really can't wait to get a look at Anthony Davis.
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/18/2012  9:12 PM
VCoug wrote:Really looking forward to this game. New Orleans has a good amount of young talent and I really can't wait to get a look at Anthony Davis.
Monty has been really impressive. I had my picture taken with him back when he was a Knick.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

11/18/2012  9:30 PM
Blow them out. Show them you can't win in this league without tasting blood.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/19/2012  9:07 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
VCoug wrote:Really looking forward to this game. New Orleans has a good amount of young talent and I really can't wait to get a look at Anthony Davis.
Monty has been really impressive. I had my picture taken with him back when he was a Knick.

Meanwhile, Ewing the unCoach is punching holes in sheetrock somewhere while muttering "Monty EFFING WILLIAMS?!?!?".

Travla
Member: #723
USA
11/19/2012  11:57 AM
Prediction... Knicks 103 Hornets 85.
https://www.youtube.com/user/RPreston01/videos
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/19/2012  12:31 PM
Travla wrote:Prediction... Knicks 103 Hornets 85.

N'ork vs N'orlans

I think this game will be tougher than what people think. They're well coached and have been over achieving the past 2 seasons. This season 3 of their losses were by about 4 points (including vs the Spurs).

Doc Rivers son has been stinking it up though- maybe he suddenly explodes against us.

I don't know, it's a winnable game, but we could be in for an unpleasant surprise if we underestimate them.

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/19/2012  12:48 PM
Typical trap\letdown game. I remember the Knicks lost to them last year, exposing Linsanity, and prompting the "Chink in the Armor" headline.

Woody will have the troops ready, I feel confident.

jrodmc
USA
11/19/2012  12:49 PM
With the new defensive mindset of this Knicks team, at least we won't have to worry about some unknown quantity at forward having a career night against us, right?

Right?

knickslions
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #138
11/19/2012  1:12 PM
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/19/2012  1:20 PM
NYKMentality, please make note of this type of detail missing from your opening post of a GameThread:

knickslions wrote:
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/19/2012  2:33 PM
martin wrote:NYKMentality, please make note of this type of detail missing from your opening post of a GameThread:

knickslions wrote:

rookie

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/19/2012  2:35 PM

jrodmc
USA
11/19/2012  2:41 PM
NYKBocker wrote:

I don't know who that bleach blonde masked woman in the middle is, but I really would like to vote that in as an MVP dance move.

VCoug
Member: #1406

11/19/2012  2:44 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:Typical trap\letdown game. I remember the Knicks lost to them last year, exposing Linsanity, and prompting the "Chink in the Armor" headline.

Ugh, that game sucked last year. I went to that game and was really excited because it was right in the middle of Linsanity. And then Ariza just went ****ing off.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
NYKMentality
Member: #4385

11/19/2012  2:45 PM
martin wrote:NYKMentality, please make note of this type of detail missing from your opening post of a GameThread:

knickslions wrote:

aha, if my girl ever seen me looking up other broads over the internet, that would hurt her. Even something as silly as looking up a girl in order to post for a Knicks gameday thread isn't a risk I'd be willing to take. Have a lil daughter and married my childhood love, first and only girl (outside of the woman in my family) that I've ever loved. That girl above is very pretty, and not to bragg, but she doesn't have anything when compared to my lady. But yea, not to tell my whole life story but my lady is from Eastern Europe. Latvia, right next to Russia. Met her in middle school over 15 years ago when she spoke little english. Would walk her home after school and from there it was a wrap. She once found me looking up pictures of Anna Kournikova, seen the way it upset her, so I promised myself that I'll never go out of my way to look at another broad; even if it's something as simple as a gameday thread for good luck.

And no, she's not taller than me but that's what 4 inch high heels does for a woman. lol

Just wanted to introduce myself as a person behind the user name with a couple of pictures of me and the fam.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/19/2012  2:58 PM
NYKMentality wrote:

knickslions wrote:

aha, if my girl ever seen me looking up other broads over the internet, that would hurt her. Even something as silly as looking up a girl in order to post for a Knicks gameday thread isn't a risk I'd be willing to take. Have a lil daughter and married my childhood love, first and only girl (outside of the woman in my family) that I've ever loved. That girl above is very pretty, and not to bragg, but she doesn't have anything when compared to my lady. But yea, not to tell my whole life story but my lady is from Eastern Europe. Latvia, right next to Russia. Met her in middle school over 15 years ago when she spoke little english. Would walk her home after school and from there it was a wrap. She once found me looking up pictures of Anna Kournikova, seen the way it upset her, so I promised myself that I'll never go out of my way to look at another broad; even if it's something as simple as a gameday thread for good luck.

And no, she's not taller than me but that's what 4 inch high heels does for a woman. lol

Just wanted to introduce myself as a person behind the user name with a couple of pictures of me and the fam.

good man and father.

You are hereby banned from the Alba thread!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/19/2012  2:58 PM
VCoug wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:Typical trap\letdown game. I remember the Knicks lost to them last year, exposing Linsanity, and prompting the "Chink in the Armor" headline.

Ugh, that game sucked last year. I went to that game and was really excited because it was right in the middle of Linsanity. And then Ariza just went ****ing off.

That to me was the first sign, that Linsanity was nearing it's end. The 2nd sign was the Deron 38 pt game. The final straw was the Miami Blitz before the All star break. I digress though. Woody will not let the Knicks get complacent.

Travla
Member: #723
USA
11/19/2012  5:45 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Travla wrote:Prediction... Knicks 103 Hornets 85.

N'ork vs N'orlans

I think this game will be tougher than what people think. They're well coached and have been over achieving the past 2 seasons. This season 3 of their losses were by about 4 points (including vs the Spurs).

Doc Rivers son has been stinking it up though- maybe he suddenly explodes against us.

I don't know, it's a winnable game, but we could be in for an unpleasant surprise if we underestimate them.

It will probably be a tough first half, Woody always adjusts at Halftime, coach will make sure we DO NOT underestimate them.

https://www.youtube.com/user/RPreston01/videos
CHAOS
Member: #3002

11/19/2012  6:09 PM
WOW, whatever happened to the skank pics ?
On a side note, nice family pics.
Game Thread: New York Knicks @. New Orleans Hornets. 8:00 PM (Tuesday).

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy