[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: New York Knicks vs. Indiana Pacers. 12:00 (Sunday).
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
11/18/2012  3:26 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
Caseloads wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:So frikkin early on the west coast. Knicks for breakfast

where on the west coast are you?

SF

sac. we should go see the knicks vs kings
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
11/18/2012  3:33 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:Hotfresh,

I can't stand JR either but he has really impressed me this season too.

Try to be open minded and bendable/less rigid in your opinions.

Kidd
Brewer
Walace

all have been home runs.

Melo has been the same - with just fewer assists this year

Chandler - pretty awful - just ok today

JR - outstanding (compared to my expectation)

Novak? I still think/hope he will find the touch - scary to say but his defense has actually looked better.

Rigid??...Me???...I love Brewer and Sheed....I love Kidd's play but hate the dude, he is a Net...I love everyone...I'm not the one who is rigid..

well ... you have a hard time with any criticism of Felton, Tyson and to a lesser extent, Melo.

Felton for his career:

PER - 14.4
TS - 49.8

Billups:

PER - 19.0
TS - 58.1

You remember this argument? That Billups sucks and Felton is far better?

ha...I hate Tyson....We were discussing Felton with regards to Amare and the pick and roll...I was saying Felton ran it better than Billups and Billup was horrible at shot selection but u some how loved it...Don't talk TS to me..I have no respect for that stuff

You hate Tyson?

Did not know that.

Why?

Bad hands, dumb fouls and people here trying to say he is a leader..How did u miss that..I always kill him...

Wow! I really did miss it.

I think he is way overrated. I thought I was all alone.

Terrible at setting his (phantom) picks
Terrible at boxing out
Aside from dunking, he is just in the way

If Camby and/or Wallace can give us solid defense than they are both better options out there (more Wallace IMHO)

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=41067

I see.

I thought I remembered an argument where I was saying that it was not worth bringing in Tyson and the price of losing the amnesty that we should have saved for Amare and you said that I was nuts.

what available FA instead of tyson would you rather have instead of no billups (he would have expired and was out all last year anyway) and no amare (amnestied)?

There was no one better for this team than tyson for two years running. With that said, tyson has huge flaws in him game and has played like trash this season.

smackeddog
Member: #883
11/18/2012  3:54 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Kidd
Brewer
Walace

all have been home runs.

Novak? I still think/hope he will find the touch - scary to say but his defense has actually looked better.

Rigid??...Me???...I love Brewer and Sheed....I love Kidd's play but hate the dude, he is a Net...I love everyone...I'm not the one who is rigid..

well ... you have a hard time with any criticism of Felton, Tyson and to a lesser extent, Melo.

Felton for his career:

PER - 14.4
TS - 49.8

Billups:

PER - 19.0
TS - 58.1

ha...I hate Tyson....We were discussing Felton with regards to Amare and the pick and roll...I was saying Felton ran it better than Billups and Billup was horrible at shot selection but u some how loved it...Don't talk TS to me..I have no respect for that stuff

You hate Tyson?

Did not know that.

Why?

Bad hands, dumb fouls and people here trying to say he is a leader..How did u miss that..I always kill him...

Terrible at boxing out

If Camby and/or Wallace can give us solid defense than they are both better options out there (more Wallace IMHO)

Man y'all are going hard and for what?

honest fans just watch games and state what they see.

ain't nothing wrong with that

You don't like Tyson

You don't like Melo

You don't like Amar'e

You don't like Felton

You don't like JR

We're 7-1, you aren't speaking the truth, you are whinging.

mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

11/18/2012  3:59 PM
smackeddog wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Kidd
Brewer
Walace

all have been home runs.

Felton for his career:

PER - 14.4
TS - 49.8

Billups:

PER - 19.0
TS - 58.1

You hate Tyson?

Did not know that.

Why?

Terrible at boxing out

Man y'all are going hard and for what?

honest fans just watch games and state what they see.

ain't nothing wrong with that

You don't like Tyson

You don't like Melo

You don't like Amar'e

You don't like Felton

You don't like JR

We're 7-1, you aren't speaking the truth, you are whinging.

Don't put words in my mouth.

I don't like Melo? Really? Uh ... when did I say that?

I like Tyson, I just think he is overrated. I might have even spend > 10 million on him, just not 14 plus our cherished amnesty

I like Amare but he is done, cooked, finished. Never liked him as a rebounder or defender though. I needs to be damn good offensively to overcome that. He was and now isn't.

I like Felton but hate his shot selection at times. Good defender, good team guy, decent passer. Just don't like the shot selection

I never liked JR because he (used) to do everything I hate as a basketball player (I would love for him (to continue) to change my mind.

Love Brewer
Love Kidd
Love Wallace

holfresh
Member: #1081

11/18/2012  4:34 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Kidd
Brewer
Walace

all have been home runs.

Felton for his career:

PER - 14.4
TS - 49.8

Billups:

PER - 19.0
TS - 58.1

You hate Tyson?

Did not know that.

Why?

Terrible at boxing out

I see.

I thought I remembered an argument where I was saying that it was not worth bringing in Tyson and the price of losing the amnesty that we should have saved for Amare and you said that I was nuts.

At the time, I just didn't like Billup's game...If anything, I would have wanted Billup to play off the ball like Kidd now but we needed a PG..Also, I wanted Amare to stay...He gave Bosh and Miami so much fits in the past I though he and Melo could come together with the right PG...I always thought a guy like Felton could be the answer without spending the money it would take to get a guy like Chris Paul...The line of thinking was that we needed to be good at the positions that Wade and LeBron didn't play...We needed size...But I have to say given where Amare is now, you do have a point...I still like Amare, but u have to believe he is close to being done...I hope we are wrong about Amare..

But that said, I think Chandler has impacted the way we play defense...I think when Shump gets back, a line up of Felton, Brewer,Shump,Sheed and Chandler might be able to lock down a few folks...So far this year I have seen Chandler botch quite a few lobs and bounce passes in the lane...It just kills me...But I think if we are to make noise in the playoffs, we are going to need Chandler and need him to play smart basketball and stay in the game...

mrKnickShot

11/18/2012  4:39 PM
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Kidd
Brewer
Walace

all have been home runs.

Felton for his career:

PER - 14.4
TS - 49.8

Billups:

PER - 19.0
TS - 58.1

You hate Tyson?

Did not know that.

Why?

Terrible at boxing out

I see.

At the time, I just didn't like Billup's game...If anything, I would have wanted Billup to play off the ball like Kidd now but we needed a PG..Also, I wanted Amare to stay...He gave Bosh and Miami so much fits in the past I though he and Melo could come together with the right PG...I always thought a guy like Felton could be the answer without spending the money it would take to get a guy like Chris Paul...The line of thinking was that we needed to be good at the positions that Wade and LeBron didn't play...We needed size...But I have to say given where Amare is now, you do have a point...I still like Amare, but u have to believe he is close to being done...I hope we are wrong about Amare..

But that said, I think Chandler has impacted the way we play defense...I think when Shump gets back, a line up of Felton, Brewer,Shump,Sheed and Chandler might be able to lock down a few folks...So far this year I have seen Chandler botch quite a few lobs and bounce passes in the lane...It just kills me...But I think if we are to make noise in the playoffs, we are going to need Chandler and need him to play smart basketball and stay in the game...

Yes. but channder/billups could very well have costed us a shot at CP3 and that sucks!

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/18/2012  5:42 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Kidd
Brewer
Walace

all have been home runs.

Felton for his career:

PER - 14.4
TS - 49.8

Billups:

PER - 19.0
TS - 58.1

You hate Tyson?

Did not know that.

Why?

Terrible at boxing out

I see.

Yes. but channder/billups could very well have costed us a shot at CP3 and that sucks!

It's over now why keep bringing it up over and over and over. Is Chandler overrated yes by some and he does deserve criticism but he played a better game today.

NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

11/18/2012  6:03 PM
Great win for the Knicks today. Off to our best start since 1993-1994.

Tyson Chandler isn't "overrated" either. He's a defensive force. You can't look at blocked shots, rebounds off the glass, box score numbers etc, etc. If you have an understanding for the game of basketball, you'll understand that Tyson Chandler is a Championship winning Center in which helped change the defensive culture of our franchise. Jared Jeffries, Iman Shumpert, Tyson Chandler and coach Mike Woodson changed the culture of our defense last season. Defense has returned to the mecca. We've only allowed 90 points per game (1st) and we're also top 10 in FG percentage. Tyson Chandler has been our defensive anchor. He's an overrated player? None of this defensive improvement is/was possible without Tyson Chandler leading the charge.

I like what I seen out of our Knicks today, which was the ability to respond after a loss.

CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
11/18/2012  6:38 PM
NYKMentality wrote:Great win for the Knicks today. Off to our best start since 1993-1994.

Tyson Chandler isn't "overrated" either. He's a defensive force. You can't look at blocked shots, rebounds off the glass, box score numbers etc, etc. If you have an understanding for the game of basketball, you'll understand that Tyson Chandler is a Championship winning Center in which helped change the defensive culture of our franchise. Jared Jeffries, Iman Shumpert, Tyson Chandler and coach Mike Woodson changed the culture of our defense last season. Defense has returned to the mecca. We've only allowed 90 points per game (1st) and we're also top 10 in FG percentage. Tyson Chandler has been our defensive anchor. He's an overrated player? None of this defensive improvement is/was possible without Tyson Chandler leading the charge.

I like what I seen out of our Knicks today, which was the ability to respond after a loss.

Well said!

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
11/18/2012  6:59 PM
send klosk forever
Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
11/18/2012  7:33 PM
Didn't get a chance to catch it this afternoon, but just getting set to watch the replay on MSG.
Couldn't wait, had to cheat and check out the box score. Glad to see that Camby logged some minutes and no one played more than 31 minutes.
MaTT4281
USA
11/18/2012  7:47 PM
Felton 2.0 even better than his first run. Let's get a full season out of him - and WITHOUT the trade rumors.
MaTT4281
USA
11/18/2012  8:24 PM
Camby extremely active today (only in the 2nd quarter on the replay). This team is incredibly deep. With Tyson having some less than stellar outings, going to be huge having both him and Sheed on the bench.

Novak looking very human these days.

y2zipper
Member: #3287

11/18/2012  8:25 PM
The Knicks lost any shot at CP3 when he was traded to LA.

Right now the Knicks have 80 million on the books, so usin the amnesty clause on STAT is a worthless proposition.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/18/2012  9:02 PM
Tyson is one of the most active REAL Centers in the league. He covers a lot ground and makes the defense much tougher to penetrate. Sure he's had some lower than usual performances, but overall he's a net positive when it comes to this teams ability to defend. It's a bit much to overly criticize him this early in a season where the team is #1 in the East.
Caseloads
11/18/2012  9:10 PM
nixluva wrote:Tyson is one of the most active REAL Centers in the league. He covers a lot ground and makes the defense much tougher to penetrate. Sure he's had some lower than usual performances, but overall he's a net positive when it comes to this teams ability to defend. It's a bit much to overly criticize him this early in a season where the team is #1 in the East.

exactly. wish tyson, novak would up their games though.
mrKnickShot

11/18/2012  10:33 PM
y2zipper wrote:The Knicks lost any shot at CP3 when he was traded to LA.

Right now the Knicks have 80 million on the books, so usin the amnesty clause on STAT is a worthless proposition.

Thats just a silly statement - sorry.

y2zipper
Member: #3287

11/19/2012  12:36 AM
mrKnickShot wrote:

What part of that is silly? Knicks have 80 million on the books. Even if they could amnesty Stat, they're over the cap and can't spend the money elsewhere.

mrKnickShot

11/19/2012  2:20 AM
y2zipper wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:

What part of that is silly? Knicks have 80 million on the books. Even if they could amnesty Stat, they're over the cap and can't spend the money elsewhere.

If they planned to amnesty Stat, do you think that we would have had 80 million on the books? C'mon.

The only serious cap hold woulda been Melo. Then, you build around Melo and whomever you/we get.

NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

11/19/2012  2:53 AM
MaTT4281 wrote:Didn't get a chance to catch it this afternoon, but just getting set to watch the replay on MSG.
Couldn't wait, had to cheat and check out the box score. Glad to see that Camby logged some minutes and no one played more than 31 minutes.

To each our own, but in my opinion, that takes away from the fun of it. Or at least some of the overall excitement; which is the unknown factor. I'm usually around 45 minutes to an hour 1/2 late in regards to watching our Knick games. Usually get off around 7:00-7:30. DVR has been a blessing over the years. I can't remember the last time that I've ever had the opportunity to watch a Knicks game, but decided to check the box score and/or already know (or have a better understanding) of what happened. I don't know, it just wouldn't feel the same. DVR 20-45 minutes is better for my nerves/heart as well. I enjoy little simple things, like going through commercials instead of having to wait what feels like 10 minutes before we're back on the court. Or pausing the game to relax, get a drink and something to eat etc, etc. But at the same time, nothing is like watching live action for the simple fact I always like to feel that I can change what's about to happen by focusing extra hard as a fan. Funny, I know. Like, when it's a live game? I'll have my lil daughter watch the rest of the game for good luck, feels like it works 9/10 times. But when it's recorded? I no longer believe that I change the hands of time aha. So yea, I understand why some would rather check the box score for a quick bang for your buck. But yea, I enjoy watching re-runs after I've seen the game, just in order to focus on different aspects but it wouldn't be much fun (for myself) knowing the final box score before watching the first time.

Game Thread: New York Knicks vs. Indiana Pacers. 12:00 (Sunday).

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy