Game Thread: Knicks vs. Grizz on the road for one more Test
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/16/2012  11:04 AM
Grizz front line is formatable!

Good team playing well, 2nd of a back to back, on the road and we old.

This is not a statement game in my book. All wins are nice!

AUTOADVERT
IrishKnickFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4171

11/16/2012  11:06 AM
memphis is good but the spurs were a much bigger test. Memphis has an advantage since we played last night but we can still win this game
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/16/2012  11:11 AM

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/16/2012  11:12 AM

JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

11/16/2012  11:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2012  11:54 AM
Back to back roadies against the West's top 2 teams. Tonight may be tougher than last night, as Memphis is more athletic.

Things will cool off for 2 games starting Sunday against a regressed Indy squad and then the Hornets.

This is also a good barometer to test the stamina of our veteran guys.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/16/2012  11:52 AM
Has there been any word whether Z-Bo will play?

I'm greedy and I want both wins on this back-to-back, but getting the win in SA was the big one. Woody's got to manage minutes with our vets. Maybe Kurt or Camby get into the game tonight.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/16/2012  12:02 PM
Knicks struggle with quick teams. They struggled with Orlando and all the backdoor plays. This game is not going to be easy. Gasol is going to be a handful for Tyson. Our wing players will have to keep there wings away from the paint
FlipPoker
Member: #3526

11/16/2012  12:15 PM
Last night was playoff-intense basketball. I'm sensing a letdown tonight, but you can't kill the Knicks if they lose. They have played extremely well. The Knicks can definitely win, but they may need Sheed, Prigioni and Camby to contribute more on this second game of a back-to-back.
Featured Sports Writer, Yahoo! Contributor Network - Staff Writer, Buckets Over Broadway - Twitter @FlipPoker
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/16/2012  12:34 PM
I want the streak to continue, but it's not realistic to think this team can bounce back with another big performance against another top team like this. I'm sure that a lot of the guys will be tired after such an intense game. I hope i'm wrong, but it's a tough situation. This kind of game won't be as much of a problem when we get STAT and Shump back, but right now I can see a bit of a letdown. Still you never know.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/16/2012  12:41 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:Has there been any word whether Z-Bo will play?

I'm greedy and I want both wins on this back-to-back, but getting the win in SA was the big one. Woody's got to manage minutes with our vets. Maybe Kurt or Camby get into the game tonight.

We can ask Gasol

ChuckBuck
USA
11/16/2012  12:50 PM
Woodson might need to call in Copesanity and Flight White to spell the tired bodies.
holfresh
Member: #1081

11/16/2012  12:54 PM
NYKBocker wrote:

We can ask Gasol

Look at those arms....Zebo has to be one of the most nonathletic looking NBA player around...But dude can ball!!!

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/16/2012  12:58 PM
nixluva wrote:I want the streak to continue, but it's not realistic to think this team can bounce back with another big performance against another top team like this. I'm sure that a lot of the guys will be tired after such an intense game. I hope i'm wrong, but it's a tough situation. This kind of game won't be as much of a problem when we get STAT and Shump back, but right now I can see a bit of a letdown. Still you never know.

I disagree - I can easily seeing last night being a boost for the team coming into tonight. I'll agree that we can't leave guys out there 35-40 minutes again tonight after the game they just played and expect the same, but no reason to believe other guys can't step up in their place. Kurt/Camby didn't play at all last night, and Prigs only logged 6 minutes.

Here's hoping Melo can find his shot for 30-35 minutes.

NYKMentality
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4385

11/16/2012  1:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2012  1:21 PM
nixluva wrote:I want the streak to continue, but it's not realistic to think this team can bounce back with another big performance against another top team like this. I'm sure that a lot of the guys will be tired after such an intense game. I hope i'm wrong, but it's a tough situation. This kind of game won't be as much of a problem when we get STAT and Shump back, but right now I can see a bit of a letdown. Still you never know.

I personally believe that it's very realistic. We not only have the confidence needed in order to compete on the road (with an away record of 3-0), but we're now featuring a boat load of momentum after last night's come from behind victory.

If we destroyed Miami by 20 points during opening night, swept an atlantic divisional opponent in regards to the 76ers during a home/away series, stopped a red hot Dallas team in their tracks, walked out of Orlando with an away victory along with a 4th quarter, come from behind road victory, against the Spurs in San Antonio? I see no reason to expect anything less than our Knicks being able to match the intensity of a Memphis Grizzlies opponent tonight.

We've gained confidence as a team. We've earned this momentum. Now yes, the same can be said for a 6-1 Memphis team in which have beat the likes of the Heat and Thunder, but I wouldn't bet against this Knicks team. Not tonight I wouldn't. We may be on the tail end of a back-to-back, but with that also comes confidence and momentum.

With a win tonight, we'll then be in uncharted territory heading into our afternoon game against the Indiana Pacers come 12:00 Sunday. We could be on the verge of starting off 7-0 for the first time since 1993-1994. I have no idea if we've ever got off to an 8-0 start, but that's what we could be playing for come Sunday against an old school Eastern Conference Rival team (Pacers). That's a home game as well. With a win tonight, and Madison Square Garden could witness Franchise history come Sunday.

ChuckBuck
USA
11/16/2012  1:18 PM
holfresh wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

We can ask Gasol

Look at those arms....Zebo has to be one of the most nonathletic looking NBA player around...But dude can ball!!!

I don't think he's lifted a weight in his life. Probably could've been truly dominant if he did.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/16/2012  1:21 PM
To think we had him and david lee now we are stuck with AARP Amare
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/16/2012  1:25 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:

I disagree - I can easily seeing last night being a boost for the team coming into tonight. I'll agree that we can't leave guys out there 35-40 minutes again tonight after the game they just played and expect the same, but no reason to believe other guys can't step up in their place. Kurt/Camby didn't play at all last night, and Prigs only logged 6 minutes.

I am just hoping the refs find there Whistle. It will be a tough game for melo against Gay and Allen but the good thing is that he has a height advantage on Allen and a strength advantage on Gay. I also think it would best to get Melo on the move more like how the Knicks usually start the game with a wide open Melo mid range jumper. I do like that he is attacking though constantly and love that he was smart enough last night in the 2nd have to pull up for the 15 footer when he knew the whistle was not blowing. I would like to see even more PnR with Melo with the 3 and the 5. Even have Melo set the screen at times more.

GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
11/16/2012  1:50 PM
just watched highlights from last night again. ahhh this is so much better than last season where we were dissecting what the hell was going on with Amare and how could we lose to the MFin bobcats.
Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/16/2012  3:15 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:

Look at that bench! What a difference a year makes! No fishlips, no Turiaf, no Billy Walker..

And if Melo can't find his shot, here's to a double double of rebounds and dimes. Or maybe 15 rebounds 5 dimes, 5 blocks!

smackeddog
Member: #883
11/16/2012  3:21 PM
Only way we win this is if Camby and prigs step in and step up- will likely be the only players with energy. Like most of the other posters, I'm not expecting a win but would like one- wont be shedding tears if we lose.

Randolph seems to be getting in a lot of altercations this season, so hopefully Melo won't get sucked in. It's back to back games like these that we miss Amar'e and Shump. It'll be interesting to see how Melo plays- he'll be tired but will probably want to score more than yesterday.

Got to love those schedule makers- originally wanted us to start with a back to back vs the Nets and the Heat, and now the Spurs and the Grizz!

Game Thread: Knicks vs. Grizz on the road for one more Test

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy