[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

THis board is being taken over by losers...
Author Thread
DurzoBlint
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1152
USA
11/16/2012  11:56 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
NUPE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:
3G4G wrote:Actually this board hasn't been overtaken by anybody. For the most part there are major differences of opinion on where we're headed and life cycle of the current group but not a big deal as long as everyone stays consistent where they stand in discussions....

Instead of making a thread such as this one....you could have easily started a thread touching on all the things you like and have seen in the 5gms thus far. Nope you went stoke the FLAME route with a very BROAD stroke

If you go to a Rocket forum you'll see them complaining about various things concerning their club but every fan there could be penning Hallmark posts on the bright future and flexibility they have going forward. Of course not everyone is a robot or programmed as such, it's what makes us who we are as fans.

Guess what, eventually you come to find no matter what sport forum you go to, there will be splits here and there on major and minor issues.

For the record I've stated exactly this several times...."This could be the year I'm proven wrong on how I feel about the team"...before any game was played. I would have no problem if it happens. I've even complimented J.R. Smith a player I've loathed over the yrs for stepping up his play this season.

Great post... I would be happy to be proven wrong,but what I won't do, is bash former players that we have had on this team in order to justify the current direction.. doesn't matter if I like the direction or not...

And really why question if someone is a real knick fan because they don't like the current team... I mean a real fan is passionate about his team.. positive or negative... go to the rockets board and you will get feelings and opinions all over the place, and sometimes it really makes for interesting conversation...

forgive me for not being overjoyed after 5 games, I have been down this road before with this team.... and that is with a team of guys I liked and believed in... this group? Is going to have to earn my fandom....EARN IT!!!

Knicks come out of training camp and lose a ton of games every year during the previous regime's tenure. The Knicks come out and have their best start in 19 years and it is more fun to bash the moves that got them to where they are winning and playing well then to root for them?

TKF is a troll. Don't waste your time.

Sorry but TKF is not a Troll. He has been here longer than you and he knows his Knicks.

As for the theme of this post, I have not been posting much lately as I have been bored by the topics. So kudos to a good topic. I am also one of the fans who hated to see Lee, Gallo, Chandler and Lin leave. I must now say that the current team is better than any team would have been if those guys were still here. HTat being said, I will ALWAYS root for them to do well.

The main reason NY is better is that Carmelo may have finally turned the corner and now understands what it takes to be a winner. I am still not convinced but I am encouraged. Lin is doing well in Houston but Felton is a MUCH better fit for this team.

In the end, this team is better because of Melo and the types of players they brought in. All of them are Defensive minded and/or intelligent players that have been around and are ready to win. Kidd, Wallace, Camby, Prigioni, Brewer, KT.

Also Woodson may be the right coach at the right time. He seems to have the respect of the whole team and that is HUGE!

Exciting start and going forward, I think that they will be fine getting STAT and Shump back into the lineup. My big worry is long term health. They must be healthy going into the playoffs.

you're right and you're wrong. TK has been here for years and has been among the most respected of posters but, last week & the week before that, he was trolling the shyt on multiple threads. I even had to stop and ask if he was ok because the tone he had adopted was worrisome to anyone used to his previous posts.

I don't expect that to last and he seemed to be less stressed of late

the fact that you can't even have an unrelated thread without some tool here bringing him up make me think that rational minds are few and far between. Bunch of emotionally weak, angst riddled people. I mean, how many times can you argue the same shyt
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/16/2012  12:00 PM
DurzoBlint wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
NUPE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:
3G4G wrote:Actually this board hasn't been overtaken by anybody. For the most part there are major differences of opinion on where we're headed and life cycle of the current group but not a big deal as long as everyone stays consistent where they stand in discussions....

Instead of making a thread such as this one....you could have easily started a thread touching on all the things you like and have seen in the 5gms thus far. Nope you went stoke the FLAME route with a very BROAD stroke

If you go to a Rocket forum you'll see them complaining about various things concerning their club but every fan there could be penning Hallmark posts on the bright future and flexibility they have going forward. Of course not everyone is a robot or programmed as such, it's what makes us who we are as fans.

Guess what, eventually you come to find no matter what sport forum you go to, there will be splits here and there on major and minor issues.

For the record I've stated exactly this several times...."This could be the year I'm proven wrong on how I feel about the team"...before any game was played. I would have no problem if it happens. I've even complimented J.R. Smith a player I've loathed over the yrs for stepping up his play this season.

Great post... I would be happy to be proven wrong,but what I won't do, is bash former players that we have had on this team in order to justify the current direction.. doesn't matter if I like the direction or not...

And really why question if someone is a real knick fan because they don't like the current team... I mean a real fan is passionate about his team.. positive or negative... go to the rockets board and you will get feelings and opinions all over the place, and sometimes it really makes for interesting conversation...

forgive me for not being overjoyed after 5 games, I have been down this road before with this team.... and that is with a team of guys I liked and believed in... this group? Is going to have to earn my fandom....EARN IT!!!

Knicks come out of training camp and lose a ton of games every year during the previous regime's tenure. The Knicks come out and have their best start in 19 years and it is more fun to bash the moves that got them to where they are winning and playing well then to root for them?

Sorry but TKF is not a Troll. He has been here longer than you and he knows his Knicks.

As for the theme of this post, I have not been posting much lately as I have been bored by the topics. So kudos to a good topic. I am also one of the fans who hated to see Lee, Gallo, Chandler and Lin leave. I must now say that the current team is better than any team would have been if those guys were still here. HTat being said, I will ALWAYS root for them to do well.

The main reason NY is better is that Carmelo may have finally turned the corner and now understands what it takes to be a winner. I am still not convinced but I am encouraged. Lin is doing well in Houston but Felton is a MUCH better fit for this team.

In the end, this team is better because of Melo and the types of players they brought in. All of them are Defensive minded and/or intelligent players that have been around and are ready to win. Kidd, Wallace, Camby, Prigioni, Brewer, KT.

Also Woodson may be the right coach at the right time. He seems to have the respect of the whole team and that is HUGE!

Exciting start and going forward, I think that they will be fine getting STAT and Shump back into the lineup. My big worry is long term health. They must be healthy going into the playoffs.

you're right and you're wrong. TK has been here for years and has been among the most respected of posters but, last week & the week before that, he was trolling the shyt on multiple threads. I even had to stop and ask if he was ok because the tone he had adopted was worrisome to anyone used to his previous posts.

This is a bit over the top IMO. TKF has been harsh on the team but he hasn't been name-calling or doing anything inappropriate. He just has a non-mainstream view that many don't want to hear.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/16/2012  12:03 PM
Nor is he the one responsible for creating all these threads
gunsnewing
USA
11/16/2012  12:09 PM
If people took the angle of creating relevant threads like Felton is playing great, Melo playing like an MVP, Woodson coach of the year the forum wouldn't be littered with Lin, Gallo & Dantoni threads. I'm not saying the threads should be 100% positive but right now the Knicks are 6-0 and everything is rosey. If you are still not sold then create a thread expressing that. This is getting confusing now I dont know..
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
11/16/2012  12:45 PM
Nalod wrote:So guys, it was better around here when things were going bad?

Yes!!! What's the point of posting on an internet forum when everything's going great? Just watch the games and enjoy. If things are going bad, there's all sorts of stuff to talk about, like what needs to be fixed and how much we hate the coach, the GM, the owner and the players.

Losing provides lots of material for snarky, sarcastic comments. Add in some incompetence in the personal and professional affairs of the players and management and you've got a real great show. Otherwise all we can do is bitch, snipe, and pick on each other like oohah's family at Thanksgiving.

The forum is the people who participate every day. The torch has been passed to a new generation and they like to talk about Lin and D'Antoni, antagonize each other, bitch & whine, moan etc. Dropping in from time to time with your 10k posts, complaining and never following up means you (we) are irrelevant.

Winning is ****ing boring. Hire Isiah and he will bring excitement back to the garden, and the old crew back to the forum.

https:// It's not so hard.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/16/2012  12:46 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
DurzoBlint wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
NUPE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:

This is a bit over the top IMO. TKF has been harsh on the team but he hasn't been name-calling or doing anything inappropriate. He just has a non-mainstream view that many don't want to hear.

Either you haven't been paying close enough attention or you have selective memory. There was a thread several months back where tkf went on a juvenile rant about 'wanting Dolan dead' or wanting to 'kill him'. Not to mention the numerous names he calls Melo from Donkey, to jackass, etc. Then, has to nerve to bash people for not being able to have a intelligent convo when all of his Melo conversations are extremely biased.

gunsnewing
USA
11/16/2012  1:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2012  1:10 PM
You guys are right. It is easier to get along when everyone is in tune with Isiah sucks. Maybe we need to start losing again
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/16/2012  1:31 PM
gunsnewing wrote:You guys are right. It is easier to get along when everyone is in tune with Isiah sucks. Maybe we need to start losing again

MElo is still here. All hail King James still has "a GREAT friend" named Isiah. Just be patient
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

11/16/2012  1:49 PM
BasketballJones wrote:Winning is ****ing boring. Hire Isiah and he will bring excitement back to the garden, and the old crew back to the forum.

The mantle has been passed to the LAkers....I would bet their board is ripe with drama about now.

BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
11/16/2012  1:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2012  1:59 PM
Nalod wrote:So the better the team does, the wider the gap?

we need to:

stop the hating and baiting!

This is from the other thread. This is the solution - stop baiting and stop taking the bait over the past. If it happened before opening day, what's the point in going over the same ground? We know where guys stand. Find new things to argue about as the season goes on. The Knicks aren't going 82-0.

This is the last reasonable thing I'm going to say on the subject.

https:// It's not so hard.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/16/2012  2:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2012  2:38 PM
it's going to be tough with lowry out but at least jose is capable to man the job for a week or two. the key will be getting bargs going again. demar's game has stepped up but bargs role has changed with the team. casey even said he's a "3rd option" in a radio interview. last year he was getting the ball in the post and within the arc...but now, he's just waiting at the 3. he has to adjust. and with all the injuries...it's gonna be tough. the good news is that jonas looks legit and ross is coming along. it's the crazy part of our schedule 15 of 22 on the road...just need to hang around until january and then hope we go on a run like we did in 06/07.

EDIT: oops...wrong forum

ActionJackson
Member: #1602

11/16/2012  2:48 PM
tkf wrote:forgive me for not being overjoyed after 5 games, I have been down this road before with this team....

You mean like Linsanity???

ActionJackson
Member: #1602

11/16/2012  2:57 PM
EnySpree wrote:I'm late but this is why i haven't posted....too much bull **** around here.....we need the ogs to step up

Speak on it God!!! Arm.Leg.Leg.Arm.Head...Knowledge Wisdom Understanding...Pink Houses 4ever Son

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/16/2012  6:33 PM
Uptown wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
DurzoBlint wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
NUPE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:

Either you haven't been paying close enough attention or you have selective memory. There was a thread several months back where tkf went on a juvenile rant about 'wanting Dolan dead' or wanting to 'kill him'. Not to mention the numerous names he calls Melo from Donkey, to jackass, etc. Then, has to nerve to bash people for not being able to have a intelligent convo when all of his Melo conversations are extremely biased.

I ask you to either produce that thread or apologize... if you don't I will take this up with the site mods.. because that is way out of line. I don't agree with wishing death on someone at all and to say that about me is slanderous even on an internet site....I use this name "TKF" on every site I sign up on and I do so proudly, but don't soil my name.., now I may have said I want dolan to dissapear, but to wish him dead? if I did that I will apologize, but I now challenge you to produce that... again if I said something like that I will go out of my way to correct it..

as far as carmelo I mean everything I say about him...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/16/2012  6:35 PM
ActionJackson wrote:
tkf wrote:forgive me for not being overjoyed after 5 games, I have been down this road before with this team....

You mean like Linsanity???

not the same.

I knew linsanity had a short shelf life.. pretty much about the time carmelo returned from injury....

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
11/17/2012  12:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/17/2012  12:13 PM
fishmike wrote:hey Killa... how about posting and improving the environment rather than just taking a dump and leaving?

There isnt a Knick fan not happy about the team playing well, but we have been down this road before.

Ive been 'all in' with this team before and recently. I remember a nice stretch... started the season losing but ended up going 21-9 over a 30 game stretch and were playing .550 ball. They had winning streaks of 8 games and 5 games to bounce back after a slow start. They had wins against the NBAs elite teams and beat the Spurs, Bulls, OKC, Melo's Nuggets... and then Dolan stepped in and traded all the young talent on the roster for Melo and we have won one playoff game since.

I want to believe this is it. I want to believe this is the new Knick culture. Im rooting for them to win. Last night was great. But are we building anything with the oldest roster ever in the NBA and one player currently on IR with real upside? Losers want to know!

No you don't.Ur not happy because we have Melo, and 90% of your posts are negative generally about Melo. Ur one of the main ppl I'm talking about.

BUilding anything? We are built to win now. We have one of the best teams in the league. All of our old players are complimentary pieces. Lose them all and we have a core of Melo, TYson, Felton, Shump, Amare, JR SMith. We'll need to retool with complimentary pieces. We can beat any team in this league, and u want to find a way to be unhappy about having a good team.

If u were honest u'd say: I'm still salty Lin and Gallo are gone and its been hard for me to get over it. Anything else is just camaflouge for that reality.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/19/2012  3:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/19/2012  3:02 PM
Killa4luv wrote:
fishmike wrote:hey Killa... how about posting and improving the environment rather than just taking a dump and leaving?

There isnt a Knick fan not happy about the team playing well, but we have been down this road before.

Ive been 'all in' with this team before and recently. I remember a nice stretch... started the season losing but ended up going 21-9 over a 30 game stretch and were playing .550 ball. They had winning streaks of 8 games and 5 games to bounce back after a slow start. They had wins against the NBAs elite teams and beat the Spurs, Bulls, OKC, Melo's Nuggets... and then Dolan stepped in and traded all the young talent on the roster for Melo and we have won one playoff game since.

I want to believe this is it. I want to believe this is the new Knick culture. Im rooting for them to win. Last night was great. But are we building anything with the oldest roster ever in the NBA and one player currently on IR with real upside? Losers want to know!

No you don't.Ur not happy because we have Melo, and 90% of your posts are negative generally about Melo. Ur one of the main ppl I'm talking about.

BUilding anything? We are built to win now. We have one of the best teams in the league. All of our old players are complimentary pieces. Lose them all and we have a core of Melo, TYson, Felton, Shump, Amare, JR SMith. We'll need to retool with complimentary pieces. We can beat any team in this league, and u want to find a way to be unhappy about having a good team.

If u were honest u'd say: I'm still salty Lin and Gallo are gone and its been hard for me to get over it. Anything else is just camaflouge for that reality.

I wonder if the intern could whip something up that would change the color of the login names of all those who would just admit some of that type of simple truth?
Gallo lovers

Lin lovers

And for homers like me, I would gladly sign on for:
jrodmc

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/21/2012  8:13 AM
Board is getting taken over by the redundancy of those posing as professional writers.

The Redundancy of topics by both the lover and the hater gets tiring.

The Romantic narrative depicting our guys early start into some epic quest of monumental proportions is quite amusing to a point. ITs good to be happy, its another to be over exuberant with no humor.

From what I am reading the exuberance is getting quite extreme. To read some of the comments on would thing Woodson is not coaching, "he is saving mens souls", Melo is not just upping his game, he is "returned to his childhood birth place as a victorious warrior having slain Lin and Gallo into nothing but memories", Sheed did not come out of retirement he, "Resurrected his spirit", JR smith is now a "repentant rehabilitated man intent on spreading joy", Camby, "has returned home to pull the franchise from the depths of dispair", KT is not an older player, he "Cheats death", and Jason Kidd, once loathed by knick fans is now "the elder statesman and scholar"........

The most important statistic seems to be which poster is more right than the other. IM sure Im guilty at some level also.

I get why so many have left. So many of posters have left over the years. I understand why. The true joy of the season is in the games, not the media and not the UK hype or the arguments.

Flame on boys. Im still here.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/23/2012  9:52 AM
And on the heels of dark foreboding melodramatic statements about how the board is doomed to be inhabited by 3 or 4 goofy homers who only want to wax eloquent about the best start the franchise has ever had, all the old UK guard starts suddenly reappearing, like worms after a good, unseasonably warm fall rain. [Yeah, I can see how the frustrated, best selling author in all of us gets loose like free range chickens on this board]

We lost a tight one to Dallas because OJ Mayo is playing right out of his surreal mind. JKidd, elder statement, makes blunt, hard statements about "returning to one on one ball." Because that was easier than the team ball that got them to 8-1.

Maybe ducks are sometimes really are just ducks. Maybe the sky is really blue.
JR Smith, posing for father of the year pics? Tyson, talking about team identity? The league and even the rabid anti-Knick ESPN'ers getting all gooey over Melo's defense? WallyWorld talking about how the Melo is doing it all, on both ends of the floor? Melo, refusing the bait to talk trash about Houston when Dallas hasn't even happened yet.

Double guessing Woody's rotations. Thoughts on the who and why's of the workings of some new doghouse? Prigs is great/Prigs suhucks donkeykong. Felton/Lin. Fields/Brewer. Drama; you get it when we lose and you get it when we win. The only consistent outlook through it all is that homerism sucks eternally.

And the death march towards injuries and burn out has not even really started yet.

Hold on, all ye Negative Nancy's and Debbie Downers; anti-hope is on the horizon!

THis board is being taken over by losers...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy