[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

THis board is being taken over by losers...
Author Thread
babyKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1191
USA
11/16/2012  10:06 AM
It's time to stop the "but I do have concerns about Amare" statements, don't even start with the "why amare should come off the bench" threads.

We can just see these Knicks are different. The focus and teamwork and effort is unseen for years.

Amare and melo play GREAT together under Woodson. Similar to those Atlanta hawk teams loaded with extremely young talent and making noise in e playoffs.

Amare was in a hand cast and just got stitches and we beat the heat in our only win in the playoffs against the eventual champs. (The game that showed me the light)

We may not win a title or even the division, but it WILL NOT BE FOR LACK OF EFFORT.

The Knicks, under Woodson, with both melo and amare on the floor, will be phenomenal.

Amare will be just fine...lets start rooting for him now, before he has to "prove it with an all star nod".

Lets show amare our full support while we still have a chance at this thing...this is the year to be a fan.

Embrace it!

Please...pretty please.

Let's go Knicks. That's amare
AUTOADVERT
foosballnick
Member: #3148

11/16/2012  10:23 AM
tkf wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
dk7th wrote:
misterearl wrote:We Are Good

dk7th wrote:after last night's win ON THE ROAD i am presently cautiously optimistic about this team, and the caution is due in part to the season being a marathon not a sprint, and the age of the team. but last night we saw signs of a playoff-style team: resilient and versatile.

kidd hitting that corner three was big big big.

dk7th - what exactly are you cautious about?

Having your feelings hurt?

like tkf said they have to earn my fandom and last night's game went a ways in that direction.

I find this to be a really odd statement. Is this some kid of entitlement thing? The team has to do something for you in order for you to be a fan?

Back to the OP. Agree with the sentiment. The team is playing well.....enjoy the ride for once.

let me ask you this question. Is your time of such little worth that you would just give it away to a team that doesn't deserve it, that didn't earn it? I don't see that statement as being odd at all..

Perhaps you view being a "fan" as something different than I do. I have a wife and kids and own two businesses.......that's where most of my "time" is spent. Being a fan of the Knicks is something that is part of me, part of my life, part of my person......not something that I continually evaluate in terms of "time" spent. If I just waited for the Knicks to do something for me, such as win, before the earned my fandom, that would essentially make me a fair weather bandwagon fan. I just don't operate that way.

Further I find your point disingenuous. You have a high post count on a Knick fan board and obviously spend a significant amount of "time" here. Yet you question that the Knicks need to earn your fandom, something they haven't done in the recent past, or they are a waste of your time.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/16/2012  10:30 AM
foosballnick wrote:
tkf wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
dk7th wrote:

dk7th wrote:after last night's win ON THE ROAD i am presently cautiously optimistic about this team, and the caution is due in part to the season being a marathon not a sprint, and the age of the team. but last night we saw signs of a playoff-style team: resilient and versatile.

like tkf said they have to earn my fandom and last night's game went a ways in that direction.

I find this to be a really odd statement. Is this some kid of entitlement thing? The team has to do something for you in order for you to be a fan?

Back to the OP. Agree with the sentiment. The team is playing well.....enjoy the ride for once.

let me ask you this question. Is your time of such little worth that you would just give it away to a team that doesn't deserve it, that didn't earn it? I don't see that statement as being odd at all..

Perhaps you view being a "fan" as something different than I do. I have a wife and kids and own two businesses.......that's where most of my "time" is spent. Being a fan of the Knicks is something that is part of me, part of my life, part of my person......not something that I continually evaluate in terms of "time" spent. If I just waited for the Knicks to do something for me, such as win, before the earned my fandom, that would essentially make me a fair weather bandwagon fan. I just don't operate that way.

Further I find your point disingenuous. You have a high post count on a Knick fan board and obviously spend a significant amount of "time" here. Yet you question that the Knicks need to earn your fandom, something they haven't done in the recent past, or they are a waste of your time.

well it is for me, like you, I own a business as well as being an officer of a pretty large company, I have very little time for other things as I also have a wife and kids.. so my time is valuable, and it has to be evaluated as to whether or not it should be devoted to a team, organization that doesn't represent my values or things I believe in...

that is absolutely ridiculous.. do you think I got my post count in the past month? I have been on this forum since 2001.. LOL.. how is that disingenuous? I also spend a lot of time on other boards.... time I probably would spend here and other knicks boards had the circumstances been different.. I am still a fan, just not the same way, and I sure am not going to let you are anyone else determine how much of a fan I am, if at all....

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
11/16/2012  10:34 AM
tkf wrote:thanks gony, good to see you around.. but you know what.. when people really have no desire to debate or anything of substance to say, they throw out the "troll" word.. and the funny thing is... calling someone a troll is sort of a troll post when that is pretty much all you post...

Anyway, good to see you back again, and Yea, nice start of the season, tonights game should be a good one as well...

the best thing about last nights game is that they did so down the stretch as a team, and Kidd , again was a big difference maker, actually he was the difference... he gets my vote for team mvp so far.. yea, it is very early and I am not sure how he will hold up, so maybe a bit premature, but I have always respected kidd as a player, probably one of the 10 best players in the league the past 15 years....

I don't mean to over generalize or over analogize, but in the 50's on, if you questioned the government or looked at other forms of government you were called a communist. Then after 911 the government was throwing around the word terrorist much like they did communist in the 50's. Bush's own words were "You are either with us or against us". Nice "choice".

Now, on the boards there seems to be this idea that a "real fan" shouldn't complain too much and such. It feels like the divide of America, in a sense, is on the boards as well and this makes sense actually (so I'm not complaining, rather observing). But I won't take part in taking sides blindly due to pressure or the like and being fixed there. I'll speak up on the good and question what I deem as bad. And this isn't about being a Knicks "fan", it is about being a healthy human being and should be done in all parts of life. Looking back, had more people through even our recent history intelligently questioned, investigated, etc., we wouldn't be where we are right now.

Anyway, let the good times roll.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/16/2012  10:47 AM
Im in front of the computer a lot so its easy to take a few minutes here and there and I type fast. DOn't read many of the threads, just the ones I like. Thus, I hit the "Ignore" button.

Knicks don't have to earn my "fandom" but its better when they earn my respect. I like the team better that way.

Isiah and Dolan did a lot of damage and did not earn my respect.

Lin earned my respect as did Gallo. Im not going to diss others to elevate the Knicks status.

My concern is how this team is run and the quality of the product they put on the floor. If the product is good I respect the team. If not, I will still root for them. Thats a fan in my book.

For those who left and want it fun again, who's stopping you?

It appears we have a respectable group of vets. It was more fun under "Youthier" times with Marbury able to see the spit in your mouth? Made those teams fun to follow thru the pain.

Now we got a serious group of "expendables"! (Like the movie of over the hill action stars).

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
11/16/2012  10:55 AM
foosballnick wrote:
dk7th wrote:

1972-1973 is etched on my soul so it takes a sh!t-ton of alienating behavior to make me quit being a knick fan.

ewing's refusal to work on his low post game with pete newell merely frustrated me.
oakley's line drives merely annoyed me.
but over ten years of malfeasance, incompetence, ineptitude alienated many fans, including me.
dolan's interference alienated many fans, including me.
melo's mode of getting here alienated many fans, including me.
dolan's demand for cronies alienated many fans, including me.
the way the lin situation was handled by dolan and melo alienated many fans, including me.

so with this much alienating stuff transpiring, many fans need to be won back, including myself.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
tkf
11/16/2012  11:19 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:
tkf wrote:thanks gony, good to see you around.. but you know what.. when people really have no desire to debate or anything of substance to say, they throw out the "troll" word.. and the funny thing is... calling someone a troll is sort of a troll post when that is pretty much all you post...

Anyway, good to see you back again, and Yea, nice start of the season, tonights game should be a good one as well...

the best thing about last nights game is that they did so down the stretch as a team, and Kidd , again was a big difference maker, actually he was the difference... he gets my vote for team mvp so far.. yea, it is very early and I am not sure how he will hold up, so maybe a bit premature, but I have always respected kidd as a player, probably one of the 10 best players in the league the past 15 years....

I don't mean to over generalize or over analogize, but in the 50's on, if you questioned the government or looked at other forms of government you were called a communist. Then after 911 the government was throwing around the word terrorist much like they did communist in the 50's. Bush's own words were "You are either with us or against us". Nice "choice".

Now, on the boards there seems to be this idea that a "real fan" shouldn't complain too much and such. It feels like the divide of America, in a sense, is on the boards as well and this makes sense actually (so I'm not complaining, rather observing). But I won't take part in taking sides blindly due to pressure or the like and being fixed there. I'll speak up on the good and question what I deem as bad. And this isn't about being a Knicks "fan", it is about being a healthy human being and should be done in all parts of life. Looking back, had more people through even our recent history intelligently questioned, investigated, etc., we wouldn't be where we are right now.

Anyway, let the good times roll.

GOOD POST...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
11/16/2012  11:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2012  11:22 AM
Nalod wrote:Im in front of the computer a lot so its easy to take a few minutes here and there and I type fast. DOn't read many of the threads, just the ones I like. Thus, I hit the "Ignore" button.

Knicks don't have to earn my "fandom" but its better when they earn my respect. I like the team better that way.

Lin earned my respect as did Gallo. Im not going to diss others to elevate the Knicks status.

My concern is how this team is run and the quality of the product they put on the floor. If the product is good I respect the team. If not, I will still root for them. Thats a fan in my book.

It appears we have a respectable group of vets. It was more fun under "Youthier" times with Marbury able to see the spit in your mouth? Made those teams fun to follow thru the pain.

Now we got a serious group of "expendables"! (Like the movie of over the hill action stars).

nalod for me, part of earning my "fandom" is earning my respect...

BTW, have you seen Mickey Rourke lately? Jeez he looks like plastic surgery gone completely wrong...

tkf
11/16/2012  11:23 AM
dk7th wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
dk7th wrote:

1972-1973 is etched on my soul so it takes a sh!t-ton of alienating behavior to make me quit being a knick fan.

ewing's refusal to work on his low post game with pete newell merely frustrated me.
oakley's line drives merely annoyed me.
but over ten years of malfeasance, incompetence, ineptitude alienated many fans, including me.
dolan's interference alienated many fans, including me.
melo's mode of getting here alienated many fans, including me.
dolan's demand for cronies alienated many fans, including me.
the way the lin situation was handled by dolan and melo alienated many fans, including me.

so with this much alienating stuff transpiring, many fans need to be won back, including myself.

very well said nalod.. although I was too young to remember the 72-73 knick year..... haha..

3G4G
Member: #4333

11/16/2012  11:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2012  11:29 AM
foosballnick wrote:
tkf wrote:
foosballnick wrote:
dk7th wrote:

It's interesting you mention family. While it's true family loves unconditionally in most cases you as a Husband and Father have to "earn the respect of your wide and kids" by how you go about treating them and living your life. It's not a prerequisite because you are husband and father deciding to marry her and bringing your kids in the world.

Therefore no different for a fan of a sport.....where time and/or money is involved that takes away(relatively speaking) resources from family and friends you love most.

None of us or a small majority would root for a team full of Gin Bakers

Nalod
USA
11/16/2012  11:27 AM
tkf wrote:
Nalod wrote:Im in front of the computer a lot so its easy to take a few minutes here and there and I type fast. DOn't read many of the threads, just the ones I like. Thus, I hit the "Ignore" button.

BTW, have you seen Mickey Rourke lately? Jeez he looks like plastic surgery gone completely wrong...

To me it looks like rourke got beaten to a pulp when he tried boxing and has roided up.

tkf
11/16/2012  11:31 AM
Nalod wrote:
tkf wrote:

To me it looks like rourke got beaten to a pulp when he tried boxing and has roided up.

LOL... yea.. pretty much

3G4G
Member: #4333

11/16/2012  11:34 AM
While this thread has created more dialogue it goes to show another double standard...

Instead of happy fans being happy about what's taking place with this team....

They want to create this dichotomy of fan msg brd censorship and create a bogus standard of protocol of what it means to be a fan

tkf
11/16/2012  11:35 AM
3G4G wrote:While this thread has created more dialogue it goes to show another double standard...

They want to create this dichotomy of fan msg brd censorship and create a bogus standard of protocol of what it means to be a fan

+100

earthmansurfer
Germany
11/16/2012  11:41 AM
3G4G wrote:While this thread has created more dialogue it goes to show another double standard...

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
Nalod
USA
11/16/2012  11:48 AM
Seems every once in a while we need a "Fan clesnsing" of sorts. Only pure blooded "posters" allowed.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/16/2012  11:51 AM
Killa isn't out to create a dichotomy of censorship he is just pointing out that the Knicks are 6-0 and the constant gallo, lin, dantoni threads are overshadowing the great start. I am guilty of spending a lot of time in the Lin threads but I have not gone out of my way to start any new ones once the season started.

The gallo, lin, dantoni threads have been coming from the same people who say those guys are gone and we should focus on the team we have now. You know what I mean, the how does gallo look now threads etc, the Lin thread getting bumped up as soon as it reaches page 2, the damn dantoni, woodson makin u look bad threads getting bumped.

I don't think there's anything wrong with criticizing the team it doesn't make you any less of a fan. Right now we are 6-0 enjoy it!

earthmansurfer
Germany
Nalod wrote:Seems every once in a while we need a "Fan clesnsing" of sorts. Only pure blooded "posters" allowed.

I think what we need to do is create a board for any questioning, criticizing, dissent, etc. You know, a good old protest zone! You know, it has worked out so well at the government and state level.

DurzoBlint
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1152
USA
misterearl wrote:This Road Ain't The Old Road

fishmike wrote:hey Killa... how about posting and improving the environment rather than just taking a dump and leaving?

There isnt a Knick fan not happy about the team playing well, but we have been down this road before.

We have NOT been down this road before. Not with this coach and certainly NOT with these players.

Being stuck in the past is for losers.

DING, DING, DING, WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Phonetically spelled for the spelling impaired: L0UWZERS

the fact that you can't even have an unrelated thread without some tool here bringing him up make me think that rational minds are few and far between. Bunch of emotionally weak, angst riddled people. I mean, how many times can you argue the same shyt
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/16/2012  11:53 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:
Nalod wrote:Seems every once in a while we need a "Fan clesnsing" of sorts. Only pure blooded "posters" allowed.

I think what we need to do is create a board for any questioning, criticizing, dissent, etc. You know, a good old protest zone! You know, it has worked out so well at the government and state level.

That's a great idea! It would mirror government to a tee

THis board is being taken over by losers...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy