[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

THis board is being taken over by losers...
Author Thread
Nalod
Posts: 54070
Alba Posts: 151
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
11/16/2012  8:22 AM

I'd offer to say the Nets are not relevant because the Knicks taking care of their own. So no need to worry unless y'all keep bringing it up.

Knicks faulter and Nets surge the tune will change. But thats how it works. Why any different than any other year? Knicks win, and its better.

I think there MIGHT BE A TREND this year which Melo is stepping up. There is thread that "MDA to Nash is perhaps what Woodson is to Melo" and to our melo haters out there it might be a trend worth keeping an eye on.

Last nite Melo was a complete player and by drawing doubles and passing out EARLY he made others better.

Repeat, MADE OTHERS BETTER! Not what I read about or heard about in pre season chatter but what I saw with my own eyes!

The hated Kidd is accepted as a knick now as his play endears us. If Melo keeps this up, you have to let his play on the court speak for itself. This is not cornrow Melo playing for the Knuggs of the past. This is not Woodson coaching Iso Joe. Its not Phat PHelton in Portland either. Its different. Not because I said so, but what you see with your own eyes.

Lets hope it continues thru the season. Lets hope Amare comes back strong and not a bench player, but the full new and improved Amare that can lift this team even higher.

Let the play on teh court speak for itself.

Let Gallo and Lin speak for themselves.

If Lovers keep harping on them the Haters will respond. neither of you are letting the play speak. Gallo's inconsistency is Denvers problem. Lin's inexperience is Rockets concern. Knicks are ours. The trade gains value with what our team does, not what Gallo or Lin do.

I doubt most of us thought Phelton would would be this good. Lovers could "Hope" and argue that abstract but his game now speaks for itself.

The trade is working better over time in our favor not becasue one side is right or one was wrong, its because of what happens on the court.

Let Melo's game speak for itself. 6 games its working. Does it continue?

Well, we just have to tune in and find out!

Anger sells, don't buy!
AUTOADVERT
earthmansurfer
Posts: 24005
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/26/2005
Member: #858
Germany
11/16/2012  8:38 AM
Nalod wrote:So guys, it was better around here when things were going bad?

And in preseason it was not looking great with Amare out, Nets Hype, and it looked like it could be a Knick train wreck again.

Instead we have just afew guys who wish to argue a few points, another few who wish to point out every bad game by Gallo and lin to instigate for the 150th time the same argument over and over.

I think it takes everyone to perhaps move the threads along.

Is it ok to not like the trade but be impressed with Melo's winning ways now?

If Felton keeps playing well, is it ok to accept he is a better value than Lin and see what happens in the next two years with Lin?

Can't we all get along?

Fair post Nalod. Where I stand I am tempering my expectations as the season has a ways to go yet. But I am very happy about Melo's lack of selfish play and his rise of better and smarter play. He has a ways to go, but if he keeps this up he can turn around all those bad things said about him for years. Kidd has been a Godsend, as has, dare I say, JR. Still have worries about Stat.

There will always be guys on extreme ends of the fence, can't let that get to the overall discussions. This team went through a trauma of sorts in letting Lin go. So far it looks like Lin isn't playing that great but not that bad (due to the injury or is this really him or???) and Felton is playing above good, but not great (overall). I like where the team is headed. I hope we can keep this up with the more typical schedule upon us (as far as no more 3 days off between games as we have an older team in certain places.)

I'm enjoying the team and in observation mode mostly. The optimism will come with more time and more to judge an opinion on.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
fishmike
Posts: 47695
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
11/16/2012  8:53 AM
hey Killa... how about posting and improving the environment rather than just taking a dump and leaving?

There isnt a Knick fan not happy about the team playing well, but we have been down this road before.

Ive been 'all in' with this team before and recently. I remember a nice stretch... started the season losing but ended up going 21-9 over a 30 game stretch and were playing .550 ball. They had winning streaks of 8 games and 5 games to bounce back after a slow start. They had wins against the NBAs elite teams and beat the Spurs, Bulls, OKC, Melo's Nuggets... and then Dolan stepped in and traded all the young talent on the roster for Melo and we have won one playoff game since.

I want to believe this is it. I want to believe this is the new Knick culture. Im rooting for them to win. Last night was great. But are we building anything with the oldest roster ever in the NBA and one player currently on IR with real upside? Losers want to know!

fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
misterearl
Posts: 38657
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/16/2004
Member: #799
USA
11/16/2012  8:55 AM
This Road Ain't The Old Road

fishmike wrote:hey Killa... how about posting and improving the environment rather than just taking a dump and leaving?

There isnt a Knick fan not happy about the team playing well, but we have been down this road before.

We have NOT been down this road before. Not with this coach and certainly NOT with these players.

Being stuck in the past is for losers.

once a knick always a knick
ChuckBuck
Posts: 28851
Alba Posts: 11
Joined: 1/3/2012
Member: #3806
USA
11/16/2012  8:59 AM
misterearl wrote:This Road Ain't The Old Road

fishmike wrote:hey Killa... how about posting and improving the environment rather than just taking a dump and leaving?

There isnt a Knick fan not happy about the team playing well, but we have been down this road before.

We have NOT been down this road before. Not with this coach and certainly NOT with these players.

Being stuck in the past is for losers.

fishmike
Posts: 47695
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
11/16/2012  9:00 AM
misterearl wrote:This Road Ain't The Old Road

fishmike wrote:hey Killa... how about posting and improving the environment rather than just taking a dump and leaving?

There isnt a Knick fan not happy about the team playing well, but we have been down this road before.

We have NOT been down this road before. Not with this coach and certainly NOT with these players.

Being stuck in the past is for losers.

you say this every year mate.. but yea. From your lips to gods ears.
fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
misterearl
Posts: 38657
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/16/2004
Member: #799
USA
11/16/2012  9:02 AM
Absolutely

fishmike wrote:
you say this every year mate.. but yea. From your lips to gods ears.

Every day is a new day. Every year is a new year.

Shandon Anderson has left the building.

once a knick always a knick
dk7th
Posts: 30006
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/14/2012
Member: #4228
USA
11/16/2012  9:06 AM
after last night's win ON THE ROAD i am presently cautiously optimistic about this team, and the caution is due in part to the season being a marathon not a sprint, and the age of the team. but last night we saw signs of a playoff-style team: resilient and versatile.

kidd hitting that corner three was big big big.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
misterearl
Posts: 38657
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/16/2004
Member: #799
USA
11/16/2012  9:09 AM
We Are Good

dk7th wrote:after last night's win ON THE ROAD i am presently cautiously optimistic about this team, and the caution is due in part to the season being a marathon not a sprint, and the age of the team. but last night we saw signs of a playoff-style team: resilient and versatile.

kidd hitting that corner three was big big big.

dk7th - what exactly are you cautious about?

Having your feelings hurt?

once a knick always a knick
dk7th
Posts: 30006
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/14/2012
Member: #4228
USA
11/16/2012  9:23 AM
misterearl wrote:We Are Good

dk7th wrote:after last night's win ON THE ROAD i am presently cautiously optimistic about this team, and the caution is due in part to the season being a marathon not a sprint, and the age of the team. but last night we saw signs of a playoff-style team: resilient and versatile.

kidd hitting that corner three was big big big.

dk7th - what exactly are you cautious about?

Having your feelings hurt?

1) the age of the team and the length of the season as driving up the odds of injury
2) regression into bad habits that have characterized the games of felton, smith, and melo in the past

up until last night's game i was not all that smitten with the team, and there is a loooong way to go yet. but to beat a full-strength spurs squad the way they did-- ie not THAT they won but HOW they won-- is definitely a positive litmus test.

like tkf said they have to earn my fandom and last night's game went a ways in that direction.

one more thing-- playing in the playoffs means teams will have time to game plan and adjust much more than during the regular season. so a sign of a good team other than great defense is its versatility and unpredictability. if we keep winning in this way that will be a very good sign for future success.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
SupremeCommander
Posts: 31791
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

11/16/2012  9:26 AM
Killa4luv wrote:please don't ruin a place I've dedicated 10 years to, because you don't want to be wrong.

amen brother

fishmike said: Yes. Sometimes I confuse the alerts with when your mom calls. BTW she said defensive guards are really important.
GoNyGoNyGo
Posts: 22950
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 5/29/2003
Member: #411
USA
11/16/2012  9:28 AM
NUPE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:
3G4G wrote:Actually this board hasn't been overtaken by anybody. For the most part there are major differences of opinion on where we're headed and life cycle of the current group but not a big deal as long as everyone stays consistent where they stand in discussions....

Instead of making a thread such as this one....you could have easily started a thread touching on all the things you like and have seen in the 5gms thus far. Nope you went stoke the FLAME route with a very BROAD stroke

If you go to a Rocket forum you'll see them complaining about various things concerning their club but every fan there could be penning Hallmark posts on the bright future and flexibility they have going forward. Of course not everyone is a robot or programmed as such, it's what makes us who we are as fans.

Guess what, eventually you come to find no matter what sport forum you go to, there will be splits here and there on major and minor issues.


For the record I've stated exactly this several times...."This could be the year I'm proven wrong on how I feel about the team"...before any game was played. I would have no problem if it happens. I've even complimented J.R. Smith a player I've loathed over the yrs for stepping up his play this season.

Great post... I would be happy to be proven wrong,but what I won't do, is bash former players that we have had on this team in order to justify the current direction.. doesn't matter if I like the direction or not...

And really why question if someone is a real knick fan because they don't like the current team... I mean a real fan is passionate about his team.. positive or negative... go to the rockets board and you will get feelings and opinions all over the place, and sometimes it really makes for interesting conversation...

forgive me for not being overjoyed after 5 games, I have been down this road before with this team.... and that is with a team of guys I liked and believed in... this group? Is going to have to earn my fandom....EARN IT!!!

Knicks come out of training camp and lose a ton of games every year during the previous regime's tenure. The Knicks come out and have their best start in 19 years and it is more fun to bash the moves that got them to where they are winning and playing well then to root for them?

TKF is a troll. Don't waste your time.


Sorry but TKF is not a Troll. He has been here longer than you and he knows his Knicks.

As for the theme of this post, I have not been posting much lately as I have been bored by the topics. So kudos to a good topic. I am also one of the fans who hated to see Lee, Gallo, Chandler and Lin leave. I must now say that the current team is better than any team would have been if those guys were still here. HTat being said, I will ALWAYS root for them to do well.

The main reason NY is better is that Carmelo may have finally turned the corner and now understands what it takes to be a winner. I am still not convinced but I am encouraged. Lin is doing well in Houston but Felton is a MUCH better fit for this team.

In the end, this team is better because of Melo and the types of players they brought in. All of them are Defensive minded and/or intelligent players that have been around and are ready to win. Kidd, Wallace, Camby, Prigioni, Brewer, KT.

Also Woodson may be the right coach at the right time. He seems to have the respect of the whole team and that is HUGE!

Exciting start and going forward, I think that they will be fine getting STAT and Shump back into the lineup. My big worry is long term health. They must be healthy going into the playoffs.

Yet another mistake by Dolan. When will it end?
SupremeCommander
Posts: 31791
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

11/16/2012  9:35 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Sorry but TKF is not a Troll. He has been here longer than you and he knows his Knicks.

bull****... if it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck...

fishmike said: Yes. Sometimes I confuse the alerts with when your mom calls. BTW she said defensive guards are really important.
misterearl
Posts: 38657
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/16/2004
Member: #799
USA
11/16/2012  9:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2012  9:46 AM
The Bandwagoners

1) dk7th - the age of the team and the length of the season as driving up the odds of injury

The odds are high for every team hat plays 100 games. Age is a factor. However, that is where depth enters the picture. Camby and Thomas are fresh. Expect either of them to see some light in Memphis if things get dicey

2) dk7th - regression into bad habits that have characterized the games of felton, smith, and melo in the past

Mike Woodson will not tolerate bad habits. A Raymond Felton regression is a non-starter. he is a quality ball player from his days at UNC. JR Smith is seeing the light and any day that Carmelo says "use me as a decoy" should be a cause for celebration for those who see him as myopic.


dk7th - one more thing-- playing in the playoffs means teams will have time to game plan and adjust much more than during the regular season. so a sign of a good team other than great defense is its versatility and unpredictability. if we keep winning in this way that will be a very good sign for future success.

Playoffs? Don't talk to me about playoffs! The playoffs are months away. There are hundreds more plot twists and turns to come. That is a given.

One more thing - "defense wins championships"

Enjoy the Ride.

once a knick always a knick
fishmike
Posts: 47695
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
11/16/2012  9:54 AM
misterearl wrote:Absolutely

fishmike wrote:
you say this every year mate.. but yea. From your lips to gods ears.

Every day is a new day. Every year is a new year.

Shandon Anderson has left the building.so has the mayor

fishmike - Making UltimateKnicks great again
foosballnick
Posts: 20753
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/17/2010
Member: #3148

11/16/2012  9:56 AM
dk7th wrote:
misterearl wrote:We Are Good

dk7th wrote:after last night's win ON THE ROAD i am presently cautiously optimistic about this team, and the caution is due in part to the season being a marathon not a sprint, and the age of the team. but last night we saw signs of a playoff-style team: resilient and versatile.

kidd hitting that corner three was big big big.

dk7th - what exactly are you cautious about?

Having your feelings hurt?

like tkf said they have to earn my fandom and last night's game went a ways in that direction.

I find this to be a really odd statement. Is this some kid of entitlement thing? The team has to do something for you in order for you to be a fan?

Back to the OP. Agree with the sentiment. The team is playing well.....enjoy the ride for once.

tkf
Posts: 36487
Alba Posts: 6
Joined: 8/13/2001
Member: #87
11/16/2012  9:57 AM
dk7th wrote:after last night's win ON THE ROAD i am presently cautiously optimistic about this team, and the caution is due in part to the season being a marathon not a sprint, and the age of the team. but last night we saw signs of a playoff-style team: resilient and versatile.

kidd hitting that corner three was big big big.

DK, i THINK even the biggest detractors figured the knicks would be a good team this year.. but we are not playing to be good, with such a short window,of a year or two, we have to be GREAT.. so while the start is great and should be noted, our goals are much higher as I am sure you have stated before.... I am with fishmike on this one.. we have been down this road before, yea with different players, and coach's, but nevertheless the same knick uniform.....

but so far so good... the season is a marathon, we are just 6 games in, heck other teams have played 9 and 10 games already..

A journey of a thousand miles starts with just one step... so far, so good, but I am still tapering any expectations....

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Posts: 36487
Alba Posts: 6
Joined: 8/13/2001
Member: #87
11/16/2012  10:02 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
NUPE wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:
3G4G wrote:Actually this board hasn't been overtaken by anybody. For the most part there are major differences of opinion on where we're headed and life cycle of the current group but not a big deal as long as everyone stays consistent where they stand in discussions....

Instead of making a thread such as this one....you could have easily started a thread touching on all the things you like and have seen in the 5gms thus far. Nope you went stoke the FLAME route with a very BROAD stroke

If you go to a Rocket forum you'll see them complaining about various things concerning their club but every fan there could be penning Hallmark posts on the bright future and flexibility they have going forward. Of course not everyone is a robot or programmed as such, it's what makes us who we are as fans.

Guess what, eventually you come to find no matter what sport forum you go to, there will be splits here and there on major and minor issues.


For the record I've stated exactly this several times...."This could be the year I'm proven wrong on how I feel about the team"...before any game was played. I would have no problem if it happens. I've even complimented J.R. Smith a player I've loathed over the yrs for stepping up his play this season.

Great post... I would be happy to be proven wrong,but what I won't do, is bash former players that we have had on this team in order to justify the current direction.. doesn't matter if I like the direction or not...

And really why question if someone is a real knick fan because they don't like the current team... I mean a real fan is passionate about his team.. positive or negative... go to the rockets board and you will get feelings and opinions all over the place, and sometimes it really makes for interesting conversation...

forgive me for not being overjoyed after 5 games, I have been down this road before with this team.... and that is with a team of guys I liked and believed in... this group? Is going to have to earn my fandom....EARN IT!!!

Knicks come out of training camp and lose a ton of games every year during the previous regime's tenure. The Knicks come out and have their best start in 19 years and it is more fun to bash the moves that got them to where they are winning and playing well then to root for them?

TKF is a troll. Don't waste your time.


Sorry but TKF is not a Troll. He has been here longer than you and he knows his Knicks.

As for the theme of this post, I have not been posting much lately as I have been bored by the topics. So kudos to a good topic. I am also one of the fans who hated to see Lee, Gallo, Chandler and Lin leave. I must now say that the current team is better than any team would have been if those guys were still here. HTat being said, I will ALWAYS root for them to do well.

The main reason NY is better is that Carmelo may have finally turned the corner and now understands what it takes to be a winner. I am still not convinced but I am encouraged. Lin is doing well in Houston but Felton is a MUCH better fit for this team.

In the end, this team is better because of Melo and the types of players they brought in. All of them are Defensive minded and/or intelligent players that have been around and are ready to win. Kidd, Wallace, Camby, Prigioni, Brewer, KT.

Also Woodson may be the right coach at the right time. He seems to have the respect of the whole team and that is HUGE!

Exciting start and going forward, I think that they will be fine getting STAT and Shump back into the lineup. My big worry is long term health. They must be healthy going into the playoffs.

thanks gony, good to see you around.. but you know what.. when people really have no desire to debate or anything of substance to say, they throw out the "troll" word.. and the funny thing is... calling someone a troll is sort of a troll post when that is pretty much all you post...

Anyway, good to see you back again, and Yea, nice start of the season, tonights game should be a good one as well...

the best thing about last nights game is that they did so down the stretch as a team, and Kidd , again was a big difference maker, actually he was the difference... he gets my vote for team mvp so far.. yea, it is very early and I am not sure how he will hold up, so maybe a bit premature, but I have always respected kidd as a player, probably one of the 10 best players in the league the past 15 years....

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Posts: 36487
Alba Posts: 6
Joined: 8/13/2001
Member: #87
11/16/2012  10:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2012  10:05 AM
foosballnick wrote:
dk7th wrote:
misterearl wrote:We Are Good

dk7th wrote:after last night's win ON THE ROAD i am presently cautiously optimistic about this team, and the caution is due in part to the season being a marathon not a sprint, and the age of the team. but last night we saw signs of a playoff-style team: resilient and versatile.

kidd hitting that corner three was big big big.

dk7th - what exactly are you cautious about?

Having your feelings hurt?

like tkf said they have to earn my fandom and last night's game went a ways in that direction.

I find this to be a really odd statement. Is this some kid of entitlement thing? The team has to do something for you in order for you to be a fan?

Back to the OP. Agree with the sentiment. The team is playing well.....enjoy the ride for once.

let me ask you this question. Is your time of such little worth that you would just give it away to a team that doesn't deserve it, that didn't earn it? I don't see that statement as being odd at all..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
firefly
Posts: 23080
Alba Posts: 17
Joined: 7/26/2004
Member: #721
United Kingdom
11/16/2012  10:05 AM
Uptown wrote:
Marv wrote:Dayum.

Killa nailing it.

Yeah I rue the loss of this board. I used to love this place. We hung there in there for years with the sorriest squads. And consoled each other with crazy laughs over our ineptitude. But we did it as insiders, all sharing the pain.

I checked out after game 2 against boston. I understood the strong mixed feelings after the trade. You don’t have an owner overrule a gm like that, it’s just not a right move, especially with the dolan dynamics. Ok, i gave everyone the rest of the regular season to rant. It’s natural.

But damn, then the playoff s arrived. The f’g playoffs. All for one and one for all. I live for the playoffs. And it had been YEARS.

I watched game 2 at a bar with panos and eny. One of the greatest games I’ve ever witnessed. History made. With no one helping – unless you consider rony and jj2 to be help ;-) – carmelo put up 42, 16 and 7 and came within one possession of bringing the #8 back against the #1 on their court. I’ve never been happier with a player representing my team in a loss than in that game. Came home that night, couldn’t wait to get on the board to share tote love – and damn! Cats were crushing melo, the trade, the team, the whole thing. Now?? F’g now?? After an epic undermanned playoff effort?? Just got too butt-hurt that night. That was like some sick disloyalty to your own team, what you should be standing up for. couldn’t figure that **** out, just felt like it was sad. and moved on.

Nowadays I got my cats that I chill with from the board, and still love the old-timers uk get-togethers. That **** self-selects for the knick-heads. And I end up on an impromptu bicoastal game thread with sebstar almost every game. We’re both insane for this team and loving the f’g **** out of it . My personal mvp is mike woodson. I love that guy and I think he’s a finally the guy we’ve needed here for a long-ass time.

All right be good guys and enjoy the big game tonight. rematch time – camby getting revenge on duncan for ’99!!!

+1000

+lots and lots. thanks for saying this Marv. Made my day.

Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
THis board is being taken over by losers...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.