[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

THis board is being taken over by losers...
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Posts: 55075
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 2/24/2002
Member: #215
USA
11/15/2012  7:27 PM
We have had a lot of people like that over the years. Some are banned
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Posts: 55242
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
11/15/2012  7:29 PM
Its hard not to react to posters pining away for or lamenting the loss of guys when this team is 6-0. Up until the last 24 games last year things were not good in ny. There was a good gm in place and good players on the roster but the team was still losing. Things are freakin awesome so far this year. My only concern about watching the Spurs game tonight is I might have trouble sleeping because I will get so worked up. I haven't felt that way in years.
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
Marv
Posts: 34043
Alba Posts: 69
Joined: 9/2/2002
Member: #315
11/15/2012  7:36 PM
Dayum.

Killa nailing it.

Yeah I rue the loss of this board. I used to love this place. We hung there in there for years with the sorriest squads. And consoled each other with crazy laughs over our ineptitude. But we did it as insiders, all sharing the pain.

I checked out after game 2 against boston. I understood the strong mixed feelings after the trade. You don’t have an owner overrule a gm like that, it’s just not a right move, especially with the dolan dynamics. Ok, i gave everyone the rest of the regular season to rant. It’s natural.

But damn, then the playoff s arrived. The f’g playoffs. All for one and one for all. I live for the playoffs. And it had been YEARS.

I watched game 2 at a bar with panos and eny. One of the greatest games I’ve ever witnessed. History made. With no one helping – unless you consider rony and jj2 to be help ;-) – carmelo put up 42, 16 and 7 and came within one possession of bringing the #8 back against the #1 on their court. I’ve never been happier with a player representing my team in a loss than in that game. Came home that night, couldn’t wait to get on the board to share tote love – and damn! Cats were crushing melo, the trade, the team, the whole thing. Now?? F’g now?? After an epic undermanned playoff effort?? Just got too butt-hurt that night. That was like some sick disloyalty to your own team, what you should be standing up for. couldn’t figure that **** out, just felt like it was sad. and moved on.

Nowadays I got my cats that I chill with from the board, and still love the old-timers uk get-togethers. That **** self-selects for the knick-heads. And I end up on an impromptu bicoastal game thread with sebstar almost every game. We’re both insane for this team and loving the f’g **** out of it . My personal mvp is mike woodson. I love that guy and I think he’s a finally the guy we’ve needed here for a long-ass time.

All right be good guys and enjoy the big game tonight. rematch time – camby getting revenge on duncan for ’99!!!

“This board has become a repository for mentally unstable attention seekers. Or gimmick posters.” - sebstar
TheloniusMonk
Posts: 21470
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/15/2004
Member: #705
USA
11/15/2012  7:52 PM
gunsnewing wrote:We have had a lot of people like that over the years. Some are banned

Amen. And for the most part I've seen them all come and I've seen them all go.

'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
TheloniusMonk
Posts: 21470
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/15/2004
Member: #705
USA
11/15/2012  7:57 PM
Marv wrote:Dayum.

Killa nailing it.

Yeah I rue the loss of this board. I used to love this place. We hung there in there for years with the sorriest squads. And consoled each other with crazy laughs over our ineptitude. But we did it as insiders, all sharing the pain.

I checked out after game 2 against boston. I understood the strong mixed feelings after the trade. You don’t have an owner overrule a gm like that, it’s just not a right move, especially with the dolan dynamics. Ok, i gave everyone the rest of the regular season to rant. It’s natural.

But damn, then the playoff s arrived. The f’g playoffs. All for one and one for all. I live for the playoffs. And it had been YEARS.

I watched game 2 at a bar with panos and eny. One of the greatest games I’ve ever witnessed. History made. With no one helping – unless you consider rony and jj2 to be help ;-) – carmelo put up 42, 16 and 7 and came within one possession of bringing the #8 back against the #1 on their court. I’ve never been happier with a player representing my team in a loss than in that game. Came home that night, couldn’t wait to get on the board to share tote love – and damn! Cats were crushing melo, the trade, the team, the whole thing. Now?? F’g now?? After an epic undermanned playoff effort?? Just got too butt-hurt that night. That was like some sick disloyalty to your own team, what you should be standing up for. couldn’t figure that **** out, just felt like it was sad. and moved on.

Nowadays I got my cats that I chill with from the board, and still love the old-timers uk get-togethers. That **** self-selects for the knick-heads. And I end up on an impromptu bicoastal game thread with sebstar almost every game. We’re both insane for this team and loving the f’g **** out of it . My personal mvp is mike woodson. I love that guy and I think he’s a finally the guy we’ve needed here for a long-ass time.

All right be good guys and enjoy the big game tonight. rematch time – camby getting revenge on duncan for ’99!!!

Man you just took me back to a better place and time with this post. Thanx, Marv! Once upon a time man....once upon a time.

'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
gunsnewing
Posts: 55075
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 2/24/2002
Member: #215
USA
11/15/2012  8:00 PM
TheloniusMonk wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:We have had a lot of people like that over the years. Some are banned

Amen. And for the most part I've seen them all come and I've seen them all go.

Yes the trolls. Personally I enjoy them. They are good for a laugh

MSG3
Posts: 22787
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 2/2/2009
Member: #2476
USA
11/15/2012  8:07 PM
Agree. I've been reading this board for a long time. The thing that bothers me the most about the trolls is that God willing we win a title with this group you know they'll be complaining about something. It's hard to define a REAL fan, but you just know a lot of the people on this board who claim to be aren't it. Like an extension of the eye test when statistical analysis and what you see from a player are at odds with each other. Sometimes you go with what your eyes tell you.
tkf
Posts: 36487
Alba Posts: 6
Joined: 8/13/2001
Member: #87
11/15/2012  8:12 PM
3G4G wrote:Actually this board hasn't been overtaken by anybody. For the most part there are major differences of opinion on where we're headed and life cycle of the current group but not a big deal as long as everyone stays consistent where they stand in discussions....

Instead of making a thread such as this one....you could have easily started a thread touching on all the things you like and have seen in the 5gms thus far. Nope you went stoke the FLAME route with a very BROAD stroke

If you go to a Rocket forum you'll see them complaining about various things concerning their club but every fan there could be penning Hallmark posts on the bright future and flexibility they have going forward. Of course not everyone is a robot or programmed as such, it's what makes us who we are as fans.

Guess what, eventually you come to find no matter what sport forum you go to, there will be splits here and there on major and minor issues.


For the record I've stated exactly this several times...."This could be the year I'm proven wrong on how I feel about the team"...before any game was played. I would have no problem if it happens. I've even complimented J.R. Smith a player I've loathed over the yrs for stepping up his play this season.

Great post... I would be happy to be proven wrong,but what I won't do, is bash former players that we have had on this team in order to justify the current direction.. doesn't matter if I like the direction or not...

And really why question if someone is a real knick fan because they don't like the current team... I mean a real fan is passionate about his team.. positive or negative... go to the rockets board and you will get feelings and opinions all over the place, and sometimes it really makes for interesting conversation...

forgive me for not being overjoyed after 5 games, I have been down this road before with this team.... and that is with a team of guys I liked and believed in... this group? Is going to have to earn my fandom....EARN IT!!!

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
TheloniusMonk
Posts: 21470
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/15/2004
Member: #705
USA
11/15/2012  8:16 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
TheloniusMonk wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:We have had a lot of people like that over the years. Some are banned

Amen. And for the most part I've seen them all come and I've seen them all go.

Yes the trolls. Personally I enjoy them. They are good for a laugh

Remember when it was just Isle? lol Back then it was pure entertainment. We didn't take certain things too seriously. Then of course certain people were banned. I respect that decision. I miss the original players! True fans. Die hard! It was the "us against the world" mentality. We supported the team through the ups and downs. These days I'll come here after a great win and there will be an argument going on about why a former player is better than a current player or why another team is better than this team or why this team's stars don't compare to another team's stars. It's sad. There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said by Killa and Marv. That made my night.

'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
holfresh
Posts: 38679
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/14/2006
Member: #1081

11/15/2012  8:16 PM
TheloniusMonk wrote:
Marv wrote:Dayum.

Killa nailing it.

Yeah I rue the loss of this board. I used to love this place. We hung there in there for years with the sorriest squads. And consoled each other with crazy laughs over our ineptitude. But we did it as insiders, all sharing the pain.

I checked out after game 2 against boston. I understood the strong mixed feelings after the trade. You don’t have an owner overrule a gm like that, it’s just not a right move, especially with the dolan dynamics. Ok, i gave everyone the rest of the regular season to rant. It’s natural.

But damn, then the playoff s arrived. The f’g playoffs. All for one and one for all. I live for the playoffs. And it had been YEARS.

I watched game 2 at a bar with panos and eny. One of the greatest games I’ve ever witnessed. History made. With no one helping – unless you consider rony and jj2 to be help ;-) – carmelo put up 42, 16 and 7 and came within one possession of bringing the #8 back against the #1 on their court. I’ve never been happier with a player representing my team in a loss than in that game. Came home that night, couldn’t wait to get on the board to share tote love – and damn! Cats were crushing melo, the trade, the team, the whole thing. Now?? F’g now?? After an epic undermanned playoff effort?? Just got too butt-hurt that night. That was like some sick disloyalty to your own team, what you should be standing up for. couldn’t figure that **** out, just felt like it was sad. and moved on.

Nowadays I got my cats that I chill with from the board, and still love the old-timers uk get-togethers. That **** self-selects for the knick-heads. And I end up on an impromptu bicoastal game thread with sebstar almost every game. We’re both insane for this team and loving the f’g **** out of it . My personal mvp is mike woodson. I love that guy and I think he’s a finally the guy we’ve needed here for a long-ass time.

All right be good guys and enjoy the big game tonight. rematch time – camby getting revenge on duncan for ’99!!!

Man you just took me back to a better place and time with this post. Thanx, Marv! Once upon a time man....once upon a time.

Yeah...That Boston game was huge one for Melo...How could anyone not get on board after the 18-6 run regardless of how u felt about Melo...That's ball..And now???

gunsnewing
Posts: 55075
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 2/24/2002
Member: #215
USA
11/15/2012  8:17 PM
I don't think we have any trolls left here just some really annoying people but all are welcomed imo!
CrushAlot
Posts: 55242
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/25/2003
Member: #452
USA
11/15/2012  8:21 PM
tkf wrote:
3G4G wrote:Actually this board hasn't been overtaken by anybody. For the most part there are major differences of opinion on where we're headed and life cycle of the current group but not a big deal as long as everyone stays consistent where they stand in discussions....

Instead of making a thread such as this one....you could have easily started a thread touching on all the things you like and have seen in the 5gms thus far. Nope you went stoke the FLAME route with a very BROAD stroke

If you go to a Rocket forum you'll see them complaining about various things concerning their club but every fan there could be penning Hallmark posts on the bright future and flexibility they have going forward. Of course not everyone is a robot or programmed as such, it's what makes us who we are as fans.

Guess what, eventually you come to find no matter what sport forum you go to, there will be splits here and there on major and minor issues.


For the record I've stated exactly this several times...."This could be the year I'm proven wrong on how I feel about the team"...before any game was played. I would have no problem if it happens. I've even complimented J.R. Smith a player I've loathed over the yrs for stepping up his play this season.

Great post... I would be happy to be proven wrong,but what I won't do, is bash former players that we have had on this team in order to justify the current direction.. doesn't matter if I like the direction or not...

And really why question if someone is a real knick fan because they don't like the current team... I mean a real fan is passionate about his team.. positive or negative... go to the rockets board and you will get feelings and opinions all over the place, and sometimes it really makes for interesting conversation...

forgive me for not being overjoyed after 5 games, I have been down this road before with this team.... and that is with a team of guys I liked and believed in... this group? Is going to have to earn my fandom....EARN IT!!!

Knicks come out of training camp and lose a ton of games every year during the previous regime's tenure. The Knicks come out and have their best start in 19 years and it is more fun to bash the moves that got them to where they are winning and playing well then to root for them?
I think we know what we're doing..... Phil Jackson
NUPE
Posts: 21221
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 4/29/2012
Member: #4205

11/15/2012  8:29 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:
3G4G wrote:Actually this board hasn't been overtaken by anybody. For the most part there are major differences of opinion on where we're headed and life cycle of the current group but not a big deal as long as everyone stays consistent where they stand in discussions....

Instead of making a thread such as this one....you could have easily started a thread touching on all the things you like and have seen in the 5gms thus far. Nope you went stoke the FLAME route with a very BROAD stroke

If you go to a Rocket forum you'll see them complaining about various things concerning their club but every fan there could be penning Hallmark posts on the bright future and flexibility they have going forward. Of course not everyone is a robot or programmed as such, it's what makes us who we are as fans.

Guess what, eventually you come to find no matter what sport forum you go to, there will be splits here and there on major and minor issues.


For the record I've stated exactly this several times...."This could be the year I'm proven wrong on how I feel about the team"...before any game was played. I would have no problem if it happens. I've even complimented J.R. Smith a player I've loathed over the yrs for stepping up his play this season.

Great post... I would be happy to be proven wrong,but what I won't do, is bash former players that we have had on this team in order to justify the current direction.. doesn't matter if I like the direction or not...

And really why question if someone is a real knick fan because they don't like the current team... I mean a real fan is passionate about his team.. positive or negative... go to the rockets board and you will get feelings and opinions all over the place, and sometimes it really makes for interesting conversation...

forgive me for not being overjoyed after 5 games, I have been down this road before with this team.... and that is with a team of guys I liked and believed in... this group? Is going to have to earn my fandom....EARN IT!!!

Knicks come out of training camp and lose a ton of games every year during the previous regime's tenure. The Knicks come out and have their best start in 19 years and it is more fun to bash the moves that got them to where they are winning and playing well then to root for them?

TKF is a troll. Don't waste your time.

nyk4ever
Posts: 40901
Alba Posts: 12
Joined: 1/12/2005
Member: #848
USA
11/15/2012  8:45 PM
Killa4luv wrote:and by losers i mean non-knick fans.

Knicks have been off to the best start since I'v been a member here, with the best team in over 10 years.

Yet all some ppl want to talk abt are ex-knicks and how great they might some day grow up to be.

I talked to Marv and he said some ppl just dont know how to live.

Ur a fan, ur team is kicking ass, but you can't enjoy it because youd rather be right about personnel decisions.

I thought Mike Antoni was a bad coach for us. I was right about that. I thought Gallo was a soft Euro kid, I was wrong about that.
The kid proved me wrong and I was HAPPY to be wrong about it. The kid plays on my knicks.

I thought Landry Fields was gonna really be something, as it turns out I was wrong about that. It seems we ALL were, he was UNTRADEABLE for a period on here.

If you want to root for another team, happily go and do that. BUt please don't ruin a place I've dedicated 10 years to, because you don't want to be wrong.

When ur wrong about your team being bad, it is cause for celebration.

These boards should be jumping!!! instead its a bunch of arguing mainly about players that are not on our team. I really don't get that.

Our team is among the top in defense with the best record in the league!!!! HOw can that not excite you!!!

killa i could not have said it better myself. all the things you put on the table are the reasons ive hardly been posting. it's pretty annoying.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
nyk4ever
Posts: 40901
Alba Posts: 12
Joined: 1/12/2005
Member: #848
USA
11/15/2012  8:46 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I don't think we have any trolls left here just some really annoying people but all are welcomed imo!

are you done bobbin on lins nob yet?

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
MaTT4281
Posts: 30822
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #538
USA
11/15/2012  9:10 PM
I think some people skimmed right over the forum description.

NY Knicks Forum
Let's talk Pure Knicks Love

It's ok to be a homer. I don't think any of us are Knicks fans because logic dictated it!

"I must break you." - Kristaps Porzingis to Rocky Balboa
3G4G
Posts: 23485
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 9/3/2012
Member: #4333

11/15/2012  9:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
tkf wrote:
3G4G wrote:Actually this board hasn't been overtaken by anybody. For the most part there are major differences of opinion on where we're headed and life cycle of the current group but not a big deal as long as everyone stays consistent where they stand in discussions....

Instead of making a thread such as this one....you could have easily started a thread touching on all the things you like and have seen in the 5gms thus far. Nope you went stoke the FLAME route with a very BROAD stroke

If you go to a Rocket forum you'll see them complaining about various things concerning their club but every fan there could be penning Hallmark posts on the bright future and flexibility they have going forward. Of course not everyone is a robot or programmed as such, it's what makes us who we are as fans.

Guess what, eventually you come to find no matter what sport forum you go to, there will be splits here and there on major and minor issues.


For the record I've stated exactly this several times...."This could be the year I'm proven wrong on how I feel about the team"...before any game was played. I would have no problem if it happens. I've even complimented J.R. Smith a player I've loathed over the yrs for stepping up his play this season.

Great post... I would be happy to be proven wrong,but what I won't do, is bash former players that we have had on this team in order to justify the current direction.. doesn't matter if I like the direction or not...

And really why question if someone is a real knick fan because they don't like the current team... I mean a real fan is passionate about his team.. positive or negative... go to the rockets board and you will get feelings and opinions all over the place, and sometimes it really makes for interesting conversation...

forgive me for not being overjoyed after 5 games, I have been down this road before with this team.... and that is with a team of guys I liked and believed in... this group? Is going to have to earn my fandom....EARN IT!!!

Knicks come out of training camp and lose a ton of games every year during the previous regime's tenure. The Knicks come out and have their best start in 19 years and it is more fun to bash the moves that got them to where they are winning and playing well then to root for them?


While true it's probably more so a reservation is this a "fools gold winning groove?"

We've experienced a few nice winning streaks from teams past about 4-5 I can remember. Got excited change was on the way and then let down. Doesn't mean things are changing because we got out of the gate fast, but it could be. Some of us have been conditioned to.... never get ahead of ourselves but yes it's encouraging to see guys stepping up their play and contributing, it has to be sustainable.

As far as bashing moves they more coincide with bashing the former players or in threads dedicated to tracking a former player's hopeful failure. The pages in such threads dictate how such conversations have developed and where they sprouted from.

Once again besides misterearl(who is showing in his comical corny way) how you can display your happiness for what's going on. Create more happy gleeful threads. Not the sort Melo Is MVP after 4gms or posting Melo unloading boxes like a UPSer because those aren't really about KNICK substance.

gunsnewing
Posts: 55075
Alba Posts: 5
Joined: 2/24/2002
Member: #215
USA
11/15/2012  9:14 PM
nyk4ever wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I don't think we have any trolls left here just some really annoying people but all are welcomed imo!

are you done bobbin on lins nob yet?

lol

Bonn1997
Posts: 58317
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 2/2/2004
Member: #581
USA
11/15/2012  10:49 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:I think some people skimmed right over the forum description.

NY Knicks Forum
Let's talk Pure Knicks Love

It's ok to be a homer. I don't think any of us are Knicks fans because logic dictated it!


Agreed. You'd think bashing half the former Knicks wouldn't fall within that description either.
Uptown
Posts: 26284
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 4/1/2008
Member: #1883

11/15/2012  11:02 PM
And some change their names and come back with same nonsense...
THis board is being taken over by losers...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.com All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.