Great quote by MDA
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/14/2012  8:00 AM
Erniecat wrote:
Nalod wrote:The great ones are stubborn.

Now he has to do something great!

As long as Lakes interests don't conflict with ours, I hope he does well!

Sounds like what Vito Corleone said to Virgil "The Turk" Sollozzo at the end of their big meeting.

Yep, thats its!!!!

Holfresh, I said He has yet to do something great.

AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/14/2012  9:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2012  9:35 AM
$24mil reasons why Dantoni came here.

Lakers aren't clumsy like the Knicks. They are paying him $12mil for the same 4yrs

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/14/2012  9:30 AM
gunsnewing wrote:$24mil reasons why Dantoni came here.

Lakers aren't clumsy like the Knicks. They are playing him $12mil for the same 4yrs

Lol I see what you did there. The ole "zen-ism"! PJ blue balled by both Knix and Lakes and one's trash is another's treasure

NUPE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4205

11/14/2012  9:44 AM
fishmike wrote:he did a fine job with what he was handed here. The first year he had a stable roster to work with and one all star the Knicks were very good. They were 22-15 and had wins vs. the Spurs, OKC, Denver... and the Knicks were like the 3rd or 4th youngest team in the league, had max cap space next offseason and were looking like they were on the right track. Then we traded the roster for Melo and Billups. One guy was too old to run an uptempo offense and the other simply couldnt be bothered too.

Mike will do well there

Immediately before the Melo trade, the Knicks were 2 (two) (dos) games over .500 and were highly erratic. To be clear, the Knicks were 28-26 before the Melo trade NOT 22-15.

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/14/2012  9:46 AM
NUPE wrote:
fishmike wrote:he did a fine job with what he was handed here. The first year he had a stable roster to work with and one all star the Knicks were very good. They were 22-15 and had wins vs. the Spurs, OKC, Denver... and the Knicks were like the 3rd or 4th youngest team in the league, had max cap space next offseason and were looking like they were on the right track. Then we traded the roster for Melo and Billups. One guy was too old to run an uptempo offense and the other simply couldnt be bothered too.

Mike will do well there

Immediately before the Melo trade, the Knicks were 2 (two) (dos) games over .500 and were highly erratic. To be clear, the Knicks were 28-26 before the Melo trade NOT 22-15.

NO, you LIE!

They were 82 - 0 under Magic Mike!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/14/2012  11:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2012  11:06 AM
NUPE wrote:

Mike will do well there

They had a rough fist 13 games then surged thru to January to reach 5 games over.500. What rattled the team a bit was the presistant rumors of a trade. A guy like Felton might not have been uneasy but young internationalists like Gallo and Moz had only been in NY. Shy Wilson was still young guy and only knew of playing for the knicks. They had tougher run until the trade actually happend.

Lets be real, they were no world beaters at that time but it was a young core of appreciating assets and was fun to watch. Dolan spent it on getting Melo and the rest we know it as is.

I thought MDA's first two years was a waste of time with the exception of growing Dlee, Gallo and Shy Wilson. The talented roster of Craw, Z-Dumb and Marbles was not suited for our inflexible coach who was grooming yoots and looking forward to the day the roster gets cleaned out and Lebron comes to town.

MDA got the Laker gig over the phone. His cred is still high. He might be under a bigger microscope now with this team than in NY. Bum knee and chewing oxy might make for a basketball remake of "House".

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/14/2012  7:14 PM
Nalod wrote:
NUPE wrote:

Mike will do well there

They had a rough fist 13 games then surged thru to January to reach 5 games over.500. What rattled the team a bit was the presistant rumors of a trade. A guy like Felton might not have been uneasy but young internationalists like Gallo and Moz had only been in NY. Shy Wilson was still young guy and only knew of playing for the knicks. They had tougher run until the trade actually happend.

Lets be real, they were no world beaters at that time but it was a young core of appreciating assets and was fun to watch. Dolan spent it on getting Melo and the rest we know it as is.

I thought MDA's first two years was a waste of time with the exception of growing Dlee, Gallo and Shy Wilson. The talented roster of Craw, Z-Dumb and Marbles was not suited for our inflexible coach who was grooming yoots and looking forward to the day the roster gets cleaned out and Lebron comes to town.

MDA got the Laker gig over the phone. His cred is still high. He might be under a bigger microscope now with this team than in NY. Bum knee and chewing oxy might make for a basketball remake of "House".

You could say that for every year that D'Antoni coached in NY. His teams dug themselves huge holes coming out of camp. I am not sure what happened at camp but it always took 15 games before things were figured/worked out. It was an ugly pattern so I don't think you can excuse it.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Great quote by MDA

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy