[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks @ Magic, 11/13/12, 7:00 PM
Author Thread
Erniecat
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #851
11/14/2012  5:42 AM
OasisBU wrote:I was at the game and it was pretty lackluster. For those who are worried that Tyson looked bad - he got in early foul trouble and I think the really took him out of the game. The team struggles without him. It seemed like the refs did it to keep the game competitive. This was a classic trap game, one we should have won easily but could lost just as easily.

The stadium had a lot o empty seats and the crowd was mostly Knick fans. Shred looked pretty bad , chucking too many threes. Novak didn't do much on offense but made a couple hustle plays in the 4th quarter. Felton an Kidd were great, so were Smith and Melo.

Shumpert is definitely missed but great to see him on the sidelines with the team - I didn't see Stat there - did anyone? If he wasn't with the team doesn't that say a lot in terms of how bad his injury is and also possibly lack of engagement with the team? Maybe I just couldn't see him there but I looked pretty hard. Camby barely played - aren't we paying this guy decent money to be an enforcer when Chandler isn't in? Is he still recovering?

At the end if the day the Knicks turned it on when they had to and got the W. Spurs game will be a huge test.

-- Yes, that was a trap game (i.e. the type of game the NY Giants would lose).

-- Yes, I also thought Novak had at least a couple of nice defensive/rebounding plays.

-- I read that both Shumpert and Stat traveled with the team:

FROM NY TIMES:
Amar’e Stoudemire and Iman Shumpert traveled with the team Monday. They made the decision to join the team during the trip as they both rehabilitate from left knee surgery. Shumpert said his knee felt good, but he has tried to not speed up his return, which is set for January. “They keep saying I’m on target, so I’m happy,” Shumpert said. “As long as there is no setback, I’ll be fine.”

-- I have zero doubt that Camby just needs more time after missing basically the entire preseason. He's just not ready for big minutes yet, but I think he'd definitely going to be the backup center who gets the most minutes behind Chandler.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/14/2012  7:55 AM
you cant make this up. I put the game on right before halftime last night. Melo pounds the rock, forces a shot that he's triple teammed on and argues with the ref while the Magic score a layup on the other end down the floor. Halftime, turn off TV (got it DVRed in case of something epic) go play guitar and put kids to bed. Come back late in the 3rd and Melo forces a shot, gets beat down court as Magic have an uncontested dunk. Woody is yelling at him. Mike Breen is saying Melo is yelling back. I guess he was too distracted by the MVP chants from Knick fans in Orlando to quit crying about non calls on forced shots and get back on D.

MVP!

Thank god we won... but I will tell you these guys are going to turn on Melo if that crap doesnt stop. A guy like Sheed will just punch him in the face and say I didnt come back after two years for this crap.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/14/2012  8:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2012  8:04 AM
Thanks for the highlights, fish. Truly memorable. Did you manage to see the final score, or is that irrelevant?

Did you manage to catch a glimpse of any bellyfat when your reviewed the DVR?

I tuned in late in the first half, JKidd hit a three and then got partially blocked trying to hoist another! Maybe he should be traded now! I heard he didn't run very quickly to the sidelines when Woody called a timeout, too!

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
11/14/2012  8:37 AM
the point guard chucks up 23 shots and has 5 assists. looks like a schoolyard player not a pro.
the elite scorer posts an underwhelming 53.6TS% and gets to the line all of 3 times.
fortunately the streaky bench scorer gets hot and keeps the team moving forward.
a positive defensive effort covers a multitude of sins, especially a plug ugly offense... practically unwatchable.
it's refreshing to see woodson get in anthony's face for not making a better defensive effort against the pick and roll game.

nice win but felton had better get his **** together.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Gymkata
Member: #3169

11/14/2012  8:38 AM
I turned on The Godfather for a few seconds and all I saw was a bunch of people dancing at a wedding. What piece of crap movie.
"I can not say all the secrets."
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
11/14/2012  8:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2012  8:50 AM
Gymkata wrote:I turned on The Godfather for a few seconds and all I saw was a bunch of people dancing at a wedding. What piece of crap movie.

LOL

Some of these "fans" are jokes.

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/14/2012  9:34 AM
Gymkata wrote:I turned on The Godfather for a few seconds and all I saw was a bunch of people dancing at a wedding. What piece of crap movie.

This.

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
11/14/2012  9:46 AM
21 and 5 with 3 rebounds not good enough, eh?

dk7th wrote:

Say what?

once a knick always a knick
ChuckBuck
USA
11/14/2012  9:49 AM
misterearl wrote:21 and 5 with 3 rebounds not good enough, eh?

dk7th wrote:

Say what?

Pft that ain't nothin'

I seen another point guard do that in his sleep for 7 games last year.

NUPE
Member: #4205

11/14/2012  10:19 AM
dk7th wrote:the point guard chucks up 23 shots and has 5 assists. looks like a schoolyard player not a pro.
the elite scorer posts an underwhelming 53.6TS% and gets to the line all of 3 times.
fortunately the streaky bench scorer gets hot and keeps the team moving forward.
a positive defensive effort covers a multitude of sins, especially a plug ugly offense... practically unwatchable.
it's refreshing to see woodson get in anthony's face for not making a better defensive effort against the pick and roll game.

LMAO!
dk7th
USA
11/14/2012  10:55 AM

dk7th wrote:

Say what?

not ecf worthy nope

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
dk7th
USA
11/14/2012  11:04 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:

dk7th wrote:

Say what?

Pft that ain't nothin'

small difference: melo wants to play with felton.

3G4G
Member: #4333

11/14/2012  11:05 AM
The win once again wasn't really pretty. Orlando ran out of gas relatively and Smith played some incredible HERO ball last night.

Did anyone catch the Lakers/Spurs game?

DAT POPOVICH GAME WINNING PLAY DRAWN UP IN TIME OUT!

As they say.....

When the game is on the line and you need that one go to player to make the shot you better have a DANNY GREEN

ROTFLOL @ the "When The Game Is On The Line You Need (Insert Star Named Player Here)".......MYTH

IrishKnickFan
Member: #4171

11/14/2012  11:09 AM
3G4G wrote:The win once again wasn't really pretty. Orlando ran out of gas relatively and Smith played some incredible HERO ball last night.

Did anyone catch the Lakers/Spurs game?

DAT POPOVICH GAME WINNING PLAY DRAWN UP IN TIME OUT!

As they say.....

When the game is on the line and you need that one go to player to make the shot you better have a DANNY GREEN

ROTFLOL @ the "When The Game Is On The Line You Need (Insert Star Named Player Here)".......MYTH

How do the Spurs do it. I mean for like 13 straight years they are always a top team

3G4G

11/14/2012  11:15 AM
IrishKnickFan wrote:How do the Spurs do it. I mean for like 13 straight years they are always a top team

Pop is on some herbal type that hasn't been discovered yet. He's in another galaxy when it comes to team execution and maximizing pound for pound out of a roster.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/14/2012  11:15 AM
I'm glad the Spurs won a tough one against the Lakers last night. Had they lost such a close game to the Lakers they would've came out fuming tomorrow and take it out on the knicks
ChuckBuck
USA
11/14/2012  11:19 AM
dk7th wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

dk7th wrote:

Say what?

Pft that ain't nothin'

small difference: melo wants to play with felton.

I'm guessing Harden talked to Melo during the Olympics, because he's playing keep away with the ball too.

3G4G

11/14/2012  11:23 AM
gunsnewing wrote:I'm glad the Spurs won a tough one against the Lakers last night. Had they lost such a close game to the Lakers they would've came out fuming tomorrow and take it out on the knicks

I don't think the outcome of yesterday's game makes a difference. They've had a few close games this year already. It simply comes down to them being a solid team who does the same thing every game to the best of their ability. They never waver. They'll be ready because of who they are not because of results from one game to another.

Dagger
Member: #4184

11/14/2012  11:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2012  12:00 PM
Sheed isn't gonna do anything, he's so out of shape he'd get winded just trying to throw a punch. He looked disinterested and settled for chucking up 3's, let's not make him the ideal here. His commitment to the Knicks is just as dubious as anyone else's.
fishmike wrote:you cant make this up. I put the game on right before halftime last night. Melo pounds the rock, forces a shot that he's triple teammed on and argues with the ref while the Magic score a layup on the other end down the floor. Halftime, turn off TV (got it DVRed in case of something epic) go play guitar and put kids to bed. Come back late in the 3rd and Melo forces a shot, gets beat down court as Magic have an uncontested dunk. Woody is yelling at him. Mike Breen is saying Melo is yelling back. I guess he was too distracted by the MVP chants from Knick fans in Orlando to quit crying about non calls on forced shots and get back on D.

MVP!

Thank god we won... but I will tell you these guys are going to turn on Melo if that crap doesnt stop. A guy like Sheed will just punch him in the face and say I didnt come back after two years for this crap.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/14/2012  12:44 PM
jrodmc wrote:Thanks for the highlights, fish. Truly memorable. Did you manage to see the final score, or is that irrelevant?

Did you manage to catch a glimpse of any bellyfat when your reviewed the DVR?

I tuned in late in the first half, JKidd hit a three and then got partially blocked trying to hoist another! Maybe he should be traded now! I heard he didn't run very quickly to the sidelines when Woody called a timeout, too!

Im sorry.. I should have posted this in the
"new improved MElo" thread
or the
"Melo for MVP" thread
or the
"this is MElo's year" thread
or your favorite
"I one day hope to make love to a man as great as Melo" thread

Same old MElo.

Yes I mentioned the score in my last sentance, and Im quite happy with the Knicks ability to grind out an ugly win against an Orl team that was playing very hard and making some good plays.

Kidd has been one of the best players... Ive honestly been shocked. His impact has been huge.

Also nice to see Woody get in MElo's face for loafing down the court multiple times after getting turned back forcing his shots into triple teams. The only problem is what happens when Melo gets tired of hearing this from Woody? Does he quit on him? Does our season get derailed?

Time will tell. Knicks have a good squad, MElo included. I predicted 50 wins and getting a bunch early is huge.

JRod... MElo is an all star. He's a top 20 player. He's not a franchise player, a superstar or anything resembling an MVP. Why is it so important for you to believe he is?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Game Thread: Knicks @ Magic, 11/13/12, 7:00 PM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy