[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks @ Magic, 11/13/12, 7:00 PM
Author Thread
MSG3
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2476
USA
11/13/2012  10:05 PM
Yea biggest concern is poor play of Chandler on D and glass.
AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

11/13/2012  10:06 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:Love this post game crew!

They killed Dolan when Tripuka left...

mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

11/13/2012  10:07 PM
holfresh wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:Love this post game crew!

They killed Dolan when Tripuka left...

I can't sleep since we lost atkinson and tri(puke)a

3G4G
Member: #4333

11/13/2012  10:07 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
3G4G wrote:J.R. Smith played very well tonight and Felton had some good moments too with Chandler. We didn't look impressive but got another win. Very good way to start the season.

Stop it!

Chandler was AWFUL! 6 boards? Awful defense for most of the game.

I'm saying Felton had good moments and with Chandler...as in finding him for oops

mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

11/13/2012  10:10 PM
3G4G wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
3G4G wrote:J.R. Smith played very well tonight and Felton had some good moments too with Chandler. We didn't look impressive but got another win. Very good way to start the season.

Stop it!

I'm saying Felton had good moments and with Chandler...as in finding him for oops

Yeah - I am not a big Felton fan but he had a good game. He did hook up with Chandler on a couple of alley oops but Chandler just looks off. And the dude is just not boxing out. He did hit a sweet jumper which was really nice to see but overall - does not look good. Averaging 7 rebounds a game? Thats not good.

IrishKnickFan
Member: #4171

11/13/2012  10:18 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
3G4G wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:

Stop it!

Yeah - I am not a big Felton fan but he had a good game. He did hook up with Chandler on a couple of alley oops but Chandler just looks off. And the dude is just not boxing out. He did hit a sweet jumper which was really nice to see but overall - does not look good. Averaging 7 rebounds a game? Thats not good.

you are right. Im the biggest tyson fan out there but so far he hasnt played like he did last year. Hopefully it starts in San Antonio
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/13/2012  10:20 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
3G4G wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:

Stop it!

His minutes are down a little, maybe that has something to do with it.

I don't understand ppl wanting KT to play, your just not going to have enough minute in a game to play all those bigs and when amre comes back, KT camby and wallace will be battle over the bulk of back up minutes..You will have to narrow that down to one primary.

ES
callmened
Member: #4234

11/13/2012  10:23 PM
Im happy with the win and I'm proud of this team. I DONT think the Knicks underestimated the magic; I just think that teams with quick guards will bother this team (Orlando, Denver, Cleveland, Toronto). Orlando played hard with their young players but when the 4th QTR came the Knicks locked down on the defense! In this NBA, you have to beat teams like this on your schedule - even if its on the road.

Good:
- Ray Felton = had a great scoring game on layups and outside
- Melo = good scoring plays
- JR - continues to be great off the bench; scoring AND creating for others
- Kidd (Heart & Soul of this team) ignited the team with his defense and passing
- 4th QTR defense!

Concerns:
- The off ball defense - too many give and gos & backdoor cuts
- Lack of rebounding - Tyson only 6rebs
- Where's Novak?
- TOO Many 3pters

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
IrishKnickFan
Member: #4171

11/13/2012  10:30 PM
callmened wrote:Im happy with the win and I'm proud of this team. I DONT think the Knicks underestimated the magic; I just think that teams with quick guards will bother this team (Orlando, Denver, Cleveland, Toronto). Orlando played hard with their young players but when the 4th QTR came the Knicks locked down on the defense! In this NBA, you have to beat teams like this on your schedule - even if its on the road.

Good:
- Ray Felton = had a great scoring game on layups and outside
- Melo = good scoring plays
- JR - continues to be great off the bench; scoring AND creating for others
- Kidd (Heart & Soul of this team) ignited the team with his defense and passing
- 4th QTR defense!

Concerns:
- The off ball defense - too many give and gos & backdoor cuts
- Lack of rebounding - Tyson only 6rebs
- Where's Novak?
- TOO Many 3pters

Good Points. Two things im worried about is Tyson's lack of rebounds and novak. Last year Tyson average close to 10 a game and so far he only has 7 per game. Secondly as much as i love novak i feel the league has figured him out. I mean he is a one trick pony and after signing the big deal he hasnt been as consistent as he was last year. He rushes his release now and he doesnt have the same accuracy. Hopefully both of these things improve because they are important going forward

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/13/2012  10:41 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
3G4G wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:

Stop it!

His minutes are down a little, maybe that has something to do with it.

I don't understand ppl wanting KT to play, your just not going to have enough minute in a game to play all those bigs and when amre comes back, KT camby and wallace will be battle over the bulk of back up minutes..You will have to narrow that down to one primary.

Exactly KT sits for now because he is the oldest player in the league. He will be ready when his number is called in a pinch. Great practice player. Keeps practice competitive and professional

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/13/2012  11:18 PM
KT us just insurance. We need Sheed and Camby to get in better shape and get their timing down. I think this team was pacing themselves a bit early in the game. They clearly weren't as intense on D as we've seen them. Over the course of an 82 game schedule it's very hard to play intense every single minute of every game. As long as the team can turn up the effort and tighten up their execution I won't get on them too much, for being a bit lax against a weaker team. It just can't become a habit.

Loved how Kidd once again lead the way on effort in the 4th qtr. He's a real leader by his example. When Kidd gets active on D it infects the whole team.

JamesKPolk
Member: #4093

11/13/2012  11:20 PM
Sheed was awful this game. KT should come in when Sheed is having awful games like this. We have the depth, use it.
"Peace, plenty, and contentment reign throughout our borders, and our beloved country presents a sublime moral spectacle to the world." - James K Polk
callmened
Member: #4234

11/13/2012  11:35 PM
i dont think KT was a good match because orlando was VERY quick (including their big men). so i agree with woody to NOT play KT..i think the solution is simple...sheed needs to stop shooting when hes off
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
NYKMentality
Member: #4385

11/13/2012  11:58 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:I changed my mind about the Orl broadcasters well at least one.

Awful broadcasting. More like down right pathetic. They were calling Ronnie Brewer "Corey Brewer" during the entire first quarter. Wasn't only one mistake either, the one announcer called him "Corey Brewer" 5 or 6 times before correcting himself. They then went on to make a mockery of Tyson Chandler winning the defensive player of the year award last season. Not a good defensive game from Chandler, but the way harped all over his defensive ability was laughable. Last but not least, I understand that Melo became frustrated and didn't hustle towards the end of the first half but they treated Melo like some type of awful basketball player. Although I did enjoy myself while listening to them bash the Knicks as we ran away with the game during the 4th quarter.

Mray20
Member: #3138

11/14/2012  12:05 AM
I want to see less of Sheed bricking three's , I thought he said he came back because nobody posts up anymore??? Camby has to be playing center not Sheed and I don't want to see the two of them on the court at the same time either, Woody is playing Sheed too manyn minutes, I'm still proud this team grinded it out and what the hell is up with Melo getting beaten down in the lane and no calls , the last couple of games he's taken a beating , he only had 3 free throw attempts tonight?? refs don't like him I guess, I wanna see Melo back at the 3 asap I don't want to see him wear down and get hurt taking a beating as he has.
No layups!
NYKMentality
Member: #4385

11/14/2012  12:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2012  12:14 AM
In regards to the game, I'll take it in stride. Out played these guys during 3 of the 4 quarters. Locked down on the defensive end during the 2nd half, only allowing 36 second half points. Pretty much dominated Orlando during the entire 2nd half; outscoring them by the count of 50-36. During the 4th quarter, our defense won the game, only giving up 13 4th quarter points. A road victory is never easy, but the way ran away with the game during the 4th quarter was very impressive.

J.R Smith played out of his mind. Our front office must lock up J.R long term. It's a must. Has the potential and overall ability to contend for the NBA's 6th man of the year award for many of years to come. 9/14, 21 points, 4 boards, 3 assists and 2 steals. Only 1 turnover. J.R was our MVP of tonight's win.

Melo became frustrated and played sluggish on defense, but still, Melo came to compete. 11/22, 25 points, 8 boards, 2 steals and 1 assist during an 'off night'? Melo is something very special. Just an overall scoring phenom. Can also play bully-ball off the blocks (when asked to at the PF postion). One of the greatest pure scorers this franchise has ever seen.

Can't say enough about Felton either. So thankful we picked up Felton over Lin for more than half the cost (contract wise). 21 points, 5 assists, 3 boards, 1 steal and only 2 turnovers for Raymond tonight. Nothing new to me as a Knick fan, the man averaged 17 points and 9 assists during his N.Y run back in 2010-2011 (54 games). Lots of Knick fans forgot the fact that Felton averaged 17 and 9 while a Knick, all because of "Linsanity".

Wasn't the greatest Knick performance, but we walked away with a road victory. Very proud of the defensive effort (production) we played with during the second half.

OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
11/14/2012  12:17 AM
I was at the game and it was pretty lackluster. For those who are worried that Tyson looked bad - he got in early foul trouble and I think the really took him out of the game. The team struggles without him. It seemed like the refs did it to keep the game competitive. This was a classic trap game, one we should have won easily but could lost just as easily.

The stadium had a lot o empty seats and the crowd was mostly Knick fans. Shred looked pretty bad , chucking too many threes. Novak didn't do much on offense but made a couple hustle plays in the 4th quarter. Felton an Kidd were great, so were Smith and Melo.

Shumpert is definitely missed but great to see him on the sidelines with the team - I didn't see Stat there - did anyone? If he wasn't with the team doesn't that say a lot in terms of how bad his injury is and also possibly lack of engagement with the team? Maybe I just couldn't see him there but I looked pretty hard. Camby barely played - aren't we paying this guy decent money to be an enforcer when Chandler isn't in? Is he still recovering?

At the end if the day the Knicks turned it on when they had to and got the W. Spurs game will be a huge test.

"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/14/2012  12:36 AM
mrKnickShot wrote:
3G4G wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:

Stop it!

This is for you Mr.

http://knickerblogger.net/recap-knicks-99-magic-89/

Tyson looked like he spent the entire day at Disney World. For the first few quarters, if you’d told me waiting in line for Space Mountain had turned his legs into Jello, I wouldn’t have doubted you one bit. Slow on defense, missed alley-oops… Fortunately, the opportunity to throw-down a reverse-jam brought Tyson back to life, but only for a moment. What was it Tyson? Turkey leg got you full? Cotton candy stomachache? Let’s hope the San Antonio Boardwalk doesn’t pose similar issues
Erniecat
Member: #851
11/14/2012  5:27 AM
FoeDiddy wrote:I'm more impressed by wins like this vs. blowouts when everyone is hot. Grind out wins.

Me too. On nights when we hit 16 of 26 from 3-point range and win, you sort of think that we will lose our share of games when we are not sharp from downtown.

But when we win games like this -- and not just win, but end up coasting down the stretch -- it gives you hope that we will win a lot of games when we are not playing particularly well.

This is exactly the type of game we have been on the other side of for so many years. Games where we outplayed the opponent for 3 quarters and then -- boom! -- fell apart in the final 12 minutes while the other team made all the plays.

After games like that in past years, I'd always say that good teams know how to finish games ...

Erniecat
Member: #851
11/14/2012  5:34 AM
NYKMentality wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:I changed my mind about the Orl broadcasters well at least one.

Awful broadcasting. More like down right pathetic. They were calling Ronnie Brewer "Corey Brewer" during the entire first quarter. Wasn't only one mistake either, the one announcer called him "Corey Brewer" 5 or 6 times before correcting himself. They then went on to make a mockery of Tyson Chandler winning the defensive player of the year award last season. Not a good defensive game from Chandler, but the way harped all over his defensive ability was laughable. Last but not least, I understand that Melo became frustrated and didn't hustle towards the end of the first half but they treated Melo like some type of awful basketball player. Although I did enjoy myself while listening to them bash the Knicks as we ran away with the game during the 4th quarter.

What about when Matt Guokas totally dismissed the Knicks' 4-0 start by saying:

"Well, they beat a Philly team twice that wasn't playing well during that stretch, and they had to come back to beat Dallas."

What an absurd comment -- and he failed to even mention the season-opening rout of Miami.

Game Thread: Knicks @ Magic, 11/13/12, 7:00 PM

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy