[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

dantoni new coach of Lakers
Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/12/2012  12:35 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:I'm rooting for Pringles cuz I like him as a coach but I don't see how this doesn't end ugly unless they trade Dwight for Ryan Anderson and play Pau at center. Get some other shooters in there too. Outside of Nash there are zero guys on the Lakers who have people scared when they catch the ball wide open downtown

This made me laugh. Not sure why, it just sounds funny.

Going to love to see Nash running after our trio of PG's. Too lazy to look it up, but I wonder if Felton's ever scored 40 in a game?

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/12/2012  12:37 PM
3G4G wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:He's actually getting paid like a decent player gets paid!

Agreed but It simply kills me how we prove time and time again to overpay no matter the personnel. Lakers large market team signs D'AnToni to a reasonable coaching contract. Keep in mind Phil his last year coaching the Lakers was making $11-12mil/per. D'AnToni comes into that mess and they say hey we think you're 1/3 less of a coach than Phil...... take that take that take that

Yeab but this is a nice opportunity for a guy that I thought would have to sit out for a long time based on the job he did here. He has what he needs a point guard and a hall of fame roster to overcome his shortcomings. However, he has a champion on the roster that knows how important preperation, practice and scouting are. I don't think the old, "Teams will have to adjust to us" will work very long.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
MSG3
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #2476
USA
11/12/2012  12:38 PM
Everyone's talking about Christmas, but LAL are at the garden 2 weeks before. THAT is going to be awesome.
FoeDiddy
Member: #2350

11/12/2012  12:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/12/2012  1:08 PM
Good Luck to D'antoni. Even though I think he sucks as a coach he has his assistant Nash back though. He should be good.
holfresh
Member: #1081

11/12/2012  12:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/12/2012  12:55 PM
Nalod wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:i like the karmic implications of this hire. d'antoni really was a good soldier and professional while here and essentially got shafted (along with walsh) by dolan.

regardless of how you feel about his coaching, he never had the type of squad that was reflective of his ethos in new york. now in los angeles he finally does.

this.. I love how the dude made Chris Duhon look like a stud and people cried because the Knicks didnt defend. Highlarious. People will quickly see the problem was never MDA, it was the Knicks and their players. Of course they were playing pretty well until a certain trade happened, but water under the bridge. After the donkees we had here MDA was refreshing and he will do a great job with the Lakers.

You are delusional..The Knicks are 22-6 since he left with essentially the same squad...We are ranked first in defense and now considered one of the better teams in the NBA..What am I missing???..

Wrong coach for the team as it was constructed.

I don't know if Lakes are deep enough this year to really go deep.

But like said, will be fun to watch. It will take time.

Come on, let's not start low balling expectations before they are out the gates...MDA will be stating 4 if not 5 HOF players...There is a reason Mike Brown got shyt canned after 4 games...By the way, when did MDA ever overachieve as the Knicks head coach...U can't tell me .500 ball with that squad is overachieving...

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/12/2012  1:00 PM
This is not a surprise to me. I think too many Media and fans think they've got a real handle on MDA as just some offensive Coordinator that doesn't care about D. That was actually never true. He may not focus all of his attention on D, but that's not the same thing as not caring about it. As I pointed out before, the reason STAT and MDA had a falling out was over STAT's refusal to defend and rebound. MDA had players that defended all over the PHX roster and it was one of the reasons they got into fights with Kobe and the Lakers in the past. Still you have to have a defensive anchor to really excel on D, but MDA never had one until he got Tyson.

This Lakers team does present a challenge in how it's made. We've seen that MDA has had success in getting something good out of lesser players. He's gonna need to do the same in LA cuz the team isn't really deep.

AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
11/12/2012  1:03 PM
Lol. If D'Antoni didnt like Melo then he will HATE Kobe.

No post plays for Howard either.

NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
FoeDiddy
Member: #2350

11/12/2012  1:09 PM
AnubisADL wrote:Lol. If D'Antoni didnt like Melo then he will HATE Kobe.

Maybe he learns from his Knicks experience and finally becomes flexible with his coaching. Never know. But if he coaches like he did the Knicks the boos will rain down on him.

nixluva
USA
11/12/2012  1:10 PM
AnubisADL wrote:Lol. If D'Antoni didnt like Melo then he will HATE Kobe.

D'Antoni isn't against post play at all, but you have to also realize that he has a system that gets easy buckets for his bigs without having to bang and reduce the rest of the team into statues. There's a way to post up within the system if you trust it and don't just break plays for the hell of it. When the ball sticks and you lose the free flow of the ball it's not good. Notice that even this year in NY this isn't ball sticking post up offense. They've kept the ball moving which is all MDA ever wanted from Melo. He didn't want the bulk of the offense to be standing around watching him bang into his man. After the Olympics it seems Melo finally got it.

AnubisADL
USA
11/12/2012  1:19 PM
Kobe wants the triangle offense. D'Antoni wants to run his offense. This wont end well.

Howard wants to be the man as well. Unless Howard can shoot jumpers that team will implode shortly.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/12/2012  1:21 PM
They will be running the PnR with Kobe/Nash as facilitator and Dwight/Gasol as screener. This is going to be good.
AnubisADL
USA
11/12/2012  1:23 PM
Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant are known coach killers. This is going to be fun.

D'Antoni apolohists have their work cut out for them now.

nixluva
USA
11/12/2012  1:23 PM
AnubisADL wrote:Kobe wants the triangle offense. D'Antoni wants to run his offense. This wont end well.

Howard wants to be the man as well. Unless Howard can shoot jumpers that team will implode shortly.

Why are you talking nonsense? Nothing you just wrote makes any sense at all from a BB perspective. MDA has actually used some principles of the Triangle before. It's not like he doesn't understand it. Kobe has played under MDA's offense for years as an Olympian, as have most of the top players in the NBA. They all love it.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/12/2012  1:29 PM
AnubisADL wrote:Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant are known coach killers. This is going to be fun.

D'Antoni apolohists have their work cut out for them now.

not so sure about dwight although he was partly responsible for that mess in orlando..

kobe? not sure what coach's he killed, but get me 5 rings, and you can kill a coach or two... figuratively and literally!!! LOL

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
93BUICK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1175
USA
11/12/2012  1:31 PM
I'm back! Pringles vs Mr Potato Head in the finals! This is good for the NBA- Should be fun- we saw it coming......
If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/12/2012  1:49 PM
All I know is either Pau or Dwight is going to be very unhappy with this offense. Only reason it worked in Phoenix is you had Boris Diaw running Point Center shooting 3s lol. Dwight gotta start practicing those J's...
holfresh

11/12/2012  1:51 PM
This is going to be priceless...Kobe you stand over here in the corner..No sir, I play my game over here, posting and toasting, slashing to the basket..No, son, our PG will control the ball now, and he will run the pick and roll with Dwight...Pau u stand in the other corner...U both will wait here for the open three...Awesome, sounds like a plan...
holfresh

11/12/2012  1:56 PM
The return of Sammy the Bull...
3G4G
Member: #4333

11/12/2012  2:02 PM
holfresh wrote:This is going to be priceless...Kobe you stand over here in the corner..No sir, I play my game over here, posting and toasting, slashing to the basket..No, son, our PG will control the ball now, and he will run the pick and roll with Dwight...Pau u stand in the other corner...U both will wait here for the open three...Awesome, sounds like a plan...

Well maybe D'AnToni is learning a thing or three...supposedly Nate MacMillan will anchor the defensive coaching responsibilities.

AnubisADL
USA
11/12/2012  2:04 PM
3G4G wrote:
holfresh wrote:This is going to be priceless...Kobe you stand over here in the corner..No sir, I play my game over here, posting and toasting, slashing to the basket..No, son, our PG will control the ball now, and he will run the pick and roll with Dwight...Pau u stand in the other corner...U both will wait here for the open three...Awesome, sounds like a plan...

Well maybe D'AnToni is learning a thing or three...supposedly Nate MacMillan will anchor the defensive coaching responsibilities.

Nate McMillan the next Laker coach. Lol.

dantoni new coach of Lakers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy