[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

dantoni new coach of Lakers
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/12/2012  8:41 AM
dk7th wrote:i like the karmic implications of this hire. d'antoni really was a good soldier and professional while here and essentially got shafted (along with walsh) by dolan.

regardless of how you feel about his coaching, he never had the type of squad that was reflective of his ethos in new york. now in los angeles he finally does.

this.. I love how the dude made Chris Duhon look like a stud and people cried because the Knicks didnt defend. Highlarious. People will quickly see the problem was never MDA, it was the Knicks and their players. Of course they were playing pretty well until a certain trade happened, but water under the bridge. After the donkees we had here MDA was refreshing and he will do a great job with the Lakers.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
JonsTintedTails
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #852
USA
11/12/2012  8:43 AM
I'm also happy for MDA. Wish him the best in LA. He's a good coach and he has my respect.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
11/12/2012  8:49 AM
happy d'antoni not only is getting another shot but he's getting it with *arguably* the best team in the league. he'll make that offense really fun to watch and when you got a guy like kobe, getting people to play defense will be a non-issue. great hire.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/12/2012  8:50 AM
babyKnicks wrote:I love amare, I'm a mda fan, just thought he sucked here...he will be great in LA.

Amare for gasol? I would be devastated and elated at the same time.

Win win for everyone.

Now we can stop talking about mods and nixluva can root for Houston and the lakers and stop crying about those two sucking in NYC,

Fuck the devastation - Amare gave us 3/4 of one good season.
Bonn1997
USA
11/12/2012  8:51 AM
fishmike wrote:
dk7th wrote:i like the karmic implications of this hire. d'antoni really was a good soldier and professional while here and essentially got shafted (along with walsh) by dolan.

regardless of how you feel about his coaching, he never had the type of squad that was reflective of his ethos in new york. now in los angeles he finally does.

this.. I love how the dude made Chris Duhon look like a stud and people cried because the Knicks didnt defend. Highlarious. People will quickly see the problem was never MDA, it was the Knicks and their players. Of course they were playing pretty well until a certain trade happened, but water under the bridge. After the donkees we had here MDA was refreshing and he will do a great job with the Lakers.

Karma - that's a good word to use here. The Lakers will be an elite team only if Nash is healthy and close to the same player he was last year though.
holfresh
Member: #1081

11/12/2012  8:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/12/2012  8:52 AM
fishmike wrote:

You are delusional..The Knicks are 22-6 since he left with essentially the same squad...We are ranked first in defense and now considered one of the better teams in the NBA..What am I missing???..

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/12/2012  8:56 AM
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:

You are delusional..The Knicks are 22-6 since he left with essentially the same squad...We are ranked first in defense and now considered one of the better teams in the NBA..What am I missing???..

Wrong coach for the team as it was constructed.

I don't know if Lakes are deep enough this year to really go deep.

But like said, will be fun to watch. It will take time.

Bonn1997
USA
11/12/2012  9:03 AM
Nalod wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Wrong coach for the team as it was constructed.

I don't know if Lakes are deep enough this year to really go deep.

But like said, will be fun to watch. It will take time.

Agreed. We don't have anyone at the level of a healthy Dwight or Nash but we have a much deeper team.
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
11/12/2012  9:03 AM
Good choice. Despite the haters, D'Antoni is an offensive genius and is highly credited as such. Teaming with Nash again, yeah that's a recipe for success. We'll see how it goes. The Lakers are older, but if there's a coach that can get the most out of the role players on offense, he's the one.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
11/12/2012  9:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/12/2012  9:22 AM
Amare would get in Howard's way a lot more than Gasol if anything Gasol fits MDA offense as stretch 4.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
11/12/2012  9:26 AM
Solace wrote:Good choice. Despite the haters, D'Antoni is an offensive genius and is highly credited as such. Teaming with Nash again, yeah that's a recipe for success. We'll see how it goes. The Lakers are older, but if there's a coach that can get the most out of the role players on offense, he's the one.

Ben Jobe, one of the authors of aggressive offensive basketball, is a coaching genius.

Mike D'Antoni is the recipient of highly favorable press.

once a knick always a knick
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/12/2012  9:30 AM
The NBA gets more interesting with this surprising hire. Mike D'Antoni is a West Coast coach and his style could make people remember the Showtime Lakers in their offensive glory. I do wonder how will L.A. handle the defensive issues that will probably set once they fully embrace the SSOL. As many said before, D'Antoni didn't exactly have a team of strong defensive players, but at the same time it can't be denied defense was never stressed the way we knew elite and championship contenders did.

I personally liked D'Antoni and his overall work here while overachieving with terrible lineups. His system made us win more games than we should've, but once we started getting closer to playoff contention, his style was a bad direction for New York. We now have exactly the type of team we wanted for a long time and are playing the type of gritty defense we have craved since the 90's. D'Antoni IS an intriguing fit on the Lakers and with the talent, its hard to see them become a bad defensive team, but it will be interesting to see D'Antoni perform in the playoffs.

Wow is right.

Knicks_Fan
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
11/12/2012  9:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/12/2012  9:32 AM
When the scrubs start to jack up shots and Kobe is watching this MDA will get the death stare.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/12/2012  10:15 AM
congrats dantoni!! you deserve it...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/12/2012  10:19 AM
Great hire. MDA and Nash together again.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/12/2012  10:21 AM
underachieved with high priced talent
overachieved with yoots and role players.
Bonn1997
USA
11/12/2012  10:21 AM
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:

It was 18-6 with the same squad (then 19-10 counting playoffs). Now the squad is completely different.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/12/2012  10:22 AM
I thought the Lakers fired Brown because they wanted to win a Championship?
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/12/2012  10:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/12/2012  10:30 AM
fishmike wrote:

+100

but you do know if they lakers do well, knick fans won't credit dantoni, they will say it was nash that made him look good again....

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Bonn1997
USA
11/12/2012  10:30 AM
Swishfm3 wrote:I thought the Lakers fired Brown because they wanted to win a Championship?

Hiring a guy who brought a weaker squad to the conference finals sounds like a good idea then!
dantoni new coach of Lakers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy