[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: 3-0 undefeated knicks take on Cubes arrogance and his Maver-icks!
Author Thread
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
11/10/2012  5:55 PM
misterearl wrote:Open Your Eyes

dk7th wrote:it's hard to get enthused about this team until we have seen another 20-25 games. 10-12 years of butt-ugly will do that to you.

When you are stuck in the past, it hard to get enthused about anything.

If Halle Berry walked in that door right now, you would complain that she needed another few weeks to prove she was sexy.

Not me.

apparently i lived the past that you and others didn't live. for people who haven't known the knicks as winners it's too easy to say "stuck in the past," don't you think? most knick fans have no experience of what it means to know an nba champion. ironically your name is part of a doo-wop song that predates my time so you may well remember that team-- so why the static?

39 years is too long to be in a dry spell. i am happy that we have won 4 games to start the season... but lets see where we are 30 games in. then i will be less skeptical.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
AUTOADVERT
babyKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1191
USA
11/10/2012  6:33 PM
dk7th wrote:
misterearl wrote:Open Your Eyes

dk7th wrote:it's hard to get enthused about this team until we have seen another 20-25 games. 10-12 years of butt-ugly will do that to you.

When you are stuck in the past, it hard to get enthused about anything.

If Halle Berry walked in that door right now, you would complain that she needed another few weeks to prove she was sexy.

Not me.

apparently i lived the past that you and others didn't live. for people who haven't known the knicks as winners it's too easy to say "stuck in the past," don't you think? most knick fans have no experience of what it means to know an nba champion. ironically your name is part of a doo-wop song that predates my time so you may well remember that team-- so why the static?

39 years is too long to be in a dry spell. i am happy that we have won 4 games to start the season... but lets see where we are 30 games in. then i will be less skeptical.

Please quit your bitching. Enjoy it. It will make you feel better.

Positivity is your friend.

Let's go Knicks. That's amare
babyKnicks
USA
11/10/2012  6:36 PM
knickscity wrote:
dk7th wrote:the knick offense is pretty much unwatchable but hey they're winning so that covers over a multitude of sins... for now.

melo trending to the same mediocre TS% of around 54-55% is not a good sign.

full strength SA, MEM, and IND will be a good measure of this team.

The knicks are way more watchable than your post.

Absolutely.

dk7th
USA
11/10/2012  8:33 PM
babyKnicks wrote:
nixluva wrote:
babyKnicks wrote:Come on nixluva...give it up. Dantoni and Lin. History. Woodson a much better coach. Suddenly its the roster?

Back to ignore you go!

You shouldn't just jump into a convo that you don't understand. No one ever said Woodson isn't a better coach for this team. All I really ever say is that MDA is not a bum and if given an opportunity with a good roster that is more suitable to what he likes to do, he'll be successful. This team is tailored to Woody's style WAY more than it ever was for MDA. When have we ever had this much talent and with this much of a match for the coach during MDA's run? You guys have to at least get realistic about all of this. MDA wasn't struggling to get this team to defend or play well as a unit when he finally had Lin and a bunch of guys that wanted to listen.

Melo and MDA didn't jive, so this wasn't the place for MDA. End of story. Just stop with the crap about MDA not being this or being that. Dude has shown he can win big in this league and he NEVER had this many capable bigs or depth at PG on any team he coached. Woody is a lucky man to have been given this opportunity with a very nice roster full of players that excel on D and don't need teaching. Let's not forget how young most of MDA's roster was at times here. This is just a much different team now. This team is built to win right now and that's great for a change.

It's time for you to look in the mirror and heed your own advice... GIVE IT UP.

You keep saying the rosters are different and keep ignoring the 18-6 run last year with the SAME ROSTER.

Stop hanging on, apologize to everyone for being so anti knick all summer and embrace.

There is no going back, only going forward.

Same roster, dantoni was not as good as Woodson.

That's all you need to know.

Also, Woodson had both amare and Lin gone and was 18-6.

Stop reaching and just admit that Woodson is waaaaaay better than dantoni ever was for the Knicks.

Ignoring Woodson's coaching pedigree is disrespectful.

He took a talented Atlanta hawks team deep in the playoffs. About as far as dantoni took the waaaaaay more talented suns team (they had 2 time MVP Nash).

He's learned under Larry brown and was a coach on the championship pistons team under Larry brown. (Does dantoni have a chip?)

Just stop. Please. You are ruining the 4-0 run for all of us with your chucking and diving.

Stop.

uhhhh no.... dolan completely sabotaged the direction of the team by shipping out rotation players and draft picks to acquire a marquee player who has been bounced from the 1st round every year but one. d'antoni never got more than 54 games with a team remotely tailored to his vision. melo dogged it for d'antoni... obviously. woodson got to him which is great, but...

woodson has been annihilated in the second round every time while d'antoni has made it to the conference finals twice i believe. "talented team" perhaps yes with horford, but "deep into the playoffs" ridiculous LOL. coaching pedigree WTF!?!

woodson and melo have not done jack twiddly **** their entire nba career but you see fit to crap on a coach who was a nose gash and a brazilian blur's ineptitude away from sweeping the cavs in the finals.

how myopic can knick fans get with 4 goddamned wins?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/10/2012  9:06 PM
dk7th wrote:
babyKnicks wrote:
nixluva wrote:
babyKnicks wrote:Come on nixluva...give it up. Dantoni and Lin. History. Woodson a much better coach. Suddenly its the roster?

Back to ignore you go!

You shouldn't just jump into a convo that you don't understand. No one ever said Woodson isn't a better coach for this team. All I really ever say is that MDA is not a bum and if given an opportunity with a good roster that is more suitable to what he likes to do, he'll be successful. This team is tailored to Woody's style WAY more than it ever was for MDA. When have we ever had this much talent and with this much of a match for the coach during MDA's run? You guys have to at least get realistic about all of this. MDA wasn't struggling to get this team to defend or play well as a unit when he finally had Lin and a bunch of guys that wanted to listen.

Melo and MDA didn't jive, so this wasn't the place for MDA. End of story. Just stop with the crap about MDA not being this or being that. Dude has shown he can win big in this league and he NEVER had this many capable bigs or depth at PG on any team he coached. Woody is a lucky man to have been given this opportunity with a very nice roster full of players that excel on D and don't need teaching. Let's not forget how young most of MDA's roster was at times here. This is just a much different team now. This team is built to win right now and that's great for a change.

You keep saying the rosters are different and keep ignoring the 18-6 run last year with the SAME ROSTER.

Stop hanging on, apologize to everyone for being so anti knick all summer and embrace.

Stop reaching and just admit that Woodson is waaaaaay better than dantoni ever was for the Knicks.

He took a talented Atlanta hawks team deep in the playoffs. About as far as dantoni took the waaaaaay more talented suns team (they had 2 time MVP Nash).

He's learned under Larry brown and was a coach on the championship pistons team under Larry brown. (Does dantoni have a chip?)

Just stop. Please. You are ruining the 4-0 run for all of us with your chucking and diving.

Stop.

uhhhh no.... dolan completely sabotaged the direction of the team by shipping out rotation players and draft picks to acquire a marquee player who has been bounced from the 1st round every year but one. d'antoni never got more than 54 games with a team remotely tailored to his vision. melo dogged it for d'antoni... obviously. woodson got to him which is great, but...

woodson has been annihilated in the second round every time while d'antoni has made it to the conference finals twice i believe. "talented team" perhaps yes with horford, but "deep into the playoffs" ridiculous LOL. coaching pedigree WTF!?!

woodson and melo have not done jack twiddly **** their entire nba career but you see fit to crap on a coach who was a nose gash and a brazilian blur's ineptitude away from sweeping the cavs in the finals.

I keep asking myself what was the best move of the Walsh/D'Antoni era and I have to say that I think it was trading for Melo. As far as judging Woodson and D'Antoni I could care what they did before they were in NY. D'Antoni was a really bad coach in NY. Part of the reason for my euphoria is because during his tenure it took 15 games after training camp for the teams he coached to come together. The start of the season always resulted in the Knicks being in a huge hole because they would lose so many games. Mike Woodson has been nothing short of brilliant in NY. The Knicks were dead in the water last spring and set to give Houston a lottery pick from the McGrady trade. He took over and the Knicks went 18-6 and made the playoffs. It was so nice to put an end to those long losing streaks that characterized the D'Antoni era.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
y2zipper
Member: #3287

11/10/2012  10:16 PM
dk7th wrote:
babyKnicks wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Back to ignore you go!

Stop.

Mike D'Antoni didn't exactly get a fair shake here. Walsh hired him because he thought marquee free agents (read: LeBron James) would sign on to play for D'Antoni. When the Knicks missed, they started building a team for D'Antoni. Talk was that the Knicks were going to acquire an elite point guard to run Mike's system, but Dolan rightfully jumped at the chance to get a marquee player in Anthony because he didn't have to gamble on a free agent signing. The pieces didn't fit with the coach and that's a situation where you take the player 100% of the time. It's not a negative on Mike or Anthony.

Some people will argue that Dolan was impatient, and maybe that's true, but he got the marquee player when the guy became available and I think it was the right move.

The team looks good, but it's only 4 games.

dk7th
USA
11/10/2012  10:55 PM
y2zipper wrote:
dk7th wrote:
babyKnicks wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Back to ignore you go!

Stop.

Mike D'Antoni didn't exactly get a fair shake here. Walsh hired him because he thought marquee free agents (read: LeBron James) would sign on to play for D'Antoni. When the Knicks missed, they started building a team for D'Antoni. Talk was that the Knicks were going to acquire an elite point guard to run Mike's system, but Dolan rightfully jumped at the chance to get a marquee player in Anthony because he didn't have to gamble on a free agent signing. The pieces didn't fit with the coach and that's a situation where you take the player 100% of the time. It's not a negative on Mike or Anthony.

Some people will argue that Dolan was impatient, and maybe that's true, but he got the marquee player when the guy became available and I think it was the right move.

marquee player yes this is dolan's weakness, for marquee player = fool's gold 9 times out of ten. now where you lose me is this "gamble" on a free agent, presumably chris paul or perhaps even steve nash. tell me something: how is acquiring anthony as a max player AND at the price of trading away rotation role players and future picks any less of a gamble? given his losing track record, should not he too have been acquired as a free agent with the same risk?

my beef will remain the way this goddamned franchise is run, and it always comes back to this lowlife knick owner. 4 games and the battered-wife syndrome fans are hoisting fantasy trophies for their knights in shining armor.

meanwhile as you say it is all of four games in november.

dk7th
USA
11/10/2012  11:14 PM
Uptown wrote:
dk7th wrote:the knick offense is pretty much unwatchable but hey they're winning so that covers over a multitude of sins... for now.

So let me get this straight, This ugly offense that you speak of is ranked 3rd in the entire league in scoring, and are averaging 22 ast per. On the flip side, we lead the league in defense (87 pts per)and are the only undefeated team in the league, and you still find the need to criticize and be negative. Dont know you personally, but your post screams that either you are not a fan, or you are just here to flame and rile others up. Again, that's what I get from your posts.

Regardless of the thread title, you always find a way to take a shot at Melo, despite the fact that he has been the main cog to the teams success. Not to mention, outside of the mercurial JR Smith, he is the only legit offensive threat that we have with Stat out, and still we are managing to rank third in scoring.

don't quote me stats please. plenty of teams over the course of the season put together 4 game winning streaks. the season is young but is the offense cohesive or not? when the ball moves it looks damned good but this is not a consistent pattern. lately i see see a quasi-weave, an occasional alley-oop, and some impossible-to-maintain 3-point shooting. talk to me when they are 22-8.

the only thing i can agree with with any of you pollyannas is that, other than the pleasant contribution of kidd, woodson has finally got anthony to put in honest effort on defense which clearly makes a difference. will that be enough to offset his very mediocre scoring efficiency remains to be seen. he is a limited and unimaginative playmaker and this will hurt the knicks come playoff time.

a team with anthony and smith as the main scoring threats is troubling.

CrushAlot
USA
11/10/2012  11:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/10/2012  11:15 PM
y2zipper wrote:
dk7th wrote:
babyKnicks wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Back to ignore you go!

Stop.

I disagree about D'Antoni getting a fair shake. I think D'Antoni should have been fired after his second year. I think a lot of D'Antoni's flaws were hidden by Nash's brilliance. I know some 'experts' said LBJ would never sign with the Knicks because D'Antoni didn't emphasize d and that LBJ knew that you needed good d to win a championship. Also his first two years in NY were bad. His second year should have gotten him fired. I do think he was put in a bad spot last year when Grunwald amnestied Chauncey to get Tyson. It was the right move for the team but it didn't support a guy that needed a marquee point guard to be successful. However, I think Grunwald didn't need to prove D'Ant was a good hire. His goals were team oriented. If D'Antoni could have won with one of the best front lines in b-ball he would have been extended. His resignation saved the season and the franchise.
dk7th
USA
11/10/2012  11:27 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
y2zipper wrote:
dk7th wrote:
babyKnicks wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Back to ignore you go!

Stop.

I disagree about D'Antoni getting a fair shake. I think D'Antoni should have been fired after his second year. I think a lot of D'Antoni's flaws were hidden by Nash's brilliance. I know some 'experts' said LBJ would never sign with the Knicks because D'Antoni didn't emphasize d and that LBJ knew that you needed good d to win a championship. Also his first two years in NY were bad. His second year should have gotten him fired. I do think he was put in a bad spot last year when Grunwald amnestied Chauncey to get Tyson. It was the right move for the team but it didn't support a guy that needed a marquee point guard to be successful. However, I think Grunwald didn't need to prove D'Ant was a good hire. His goals were team oriented. If D'Antoni could have won with one of the best front lines in b-ball he would have been extended. His resignation saved the season and the franchise.

walsh came here on condition that he would be allowed to rebuild the team, ie clean up layden and thomas's mess. his pitch to d'antoni was that after 2 years of total roster flush/turnover had elapsed that he would assemble a team in year 3 that was moving in the direction of the coach's agenda. so d'antoni foolishly agreed to coach the first two seasons knowing it would be impossible to field anything more than a "competitive team." yeah right. and yet you claim he should have been fired. wow

the rug was summarily pulled out from under both walsh and d'antoni on february 22nd.

neither walsh nor d'antoni are dolan people. meanwhile both woodson and grunwald are in dolan's pocket.

this is realpolitik for better and worse.

CrushAlot
USA
11/10/2012  11:30 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
y2zipper wrote:
dk7th wrote:
babyKnicks wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Back to ignore you go!

Stop.

walsh came here on condition that he would be allowed to rebuild the team, ie clean up layden and thomas's mess. his pitch to d'antoni was that after 2 years of total roster flush/turnover had elapsed that he would assemble a team in year 3 that was moving in the direction of the coach's agenda. so d'antoni foolishly agreed to coach the first two seasons knowing it would be impossible to field anything more than a "competitive team." yeah right. and yet you claim he should have been fired. wow

the rug was summarily pulled out from under both walsh and d'antoni on february 22nd.

neither walsh nor d'antoni are dolan people. meanwhile both woodson and grunwald are in dolan's pocket.

this is realpolitik for better and worse.

The best move of the Walsh/D'Antoni era was the Melo trade. They would be smart to take credit for the move.
y2zipper

11/11/2012  12:49 AM
O
dk7th wrote:
y2zipper wrote:
dk7th wrote:
babyKnicks wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Back to ignore you go!

Stop.

marquee player yes this is dolan's weakness, for marquee player = fool's gold 9 times out of ten. now where you lose me is this "gamble" on a free agent, presumably chris paul or perhaps even steve nash. tell me something: how is acquiring anthony as a max player AND at the price of trading away rotation role players and future picks any less of a gamble? given his losing track record, should not he too have been acquired as a free agent with the same risk?

my beef will remain the way this goddamned franchise is run, and it always comes back to this lowlife knick owner. 4 games and the battered-wife syndrome fans are hoisting fantasy trophies for their knights in shining armor.

meanwhile as you say it is all of four games in november.

Paul and Howard aren't exactly racking up titles of that's how you want to define loser, but I digress.

It's about ease of replacement. To get Anthony, the Knicks traded Felton, Moz, Wilson Chandler, Anthony Randolph, an expiring contract and 3 picks. Completely ignoring that NY got Billups and that only Wilson Chandler and Gallo were the only 2 guys to crack Denver's rotation, the Knicks upgrades at every spot they traded in less than two years. Felton to Felton, Mozgov to Tyson, Randoloph to Camby and Chandler to Shumpert or Ronnie Brewer.

If you wait for Chris Paul and he goes to te Clippers, the chance of getting the marquee player is zero. Mediocre role players and "rotation players" grow on trees and take less money to play with stars and chase rings.

A franchise player hasn't hit the market since James and hasn't been drafted in the first since Durant.

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
11/11/2012  1:22 AM
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:

So let me get this straight, This ugly offense that you speak of is ranked 3rd in the entire league in scoring, and are averaging 22 ast per. On the flip side, we lead the league in defense (87 pts per)and are the only undefeated team in the league, and you still find the need to criticize and be negative. Dont know you personally, but your post screams that either you are not a fan, or you are just here to flame and rile others up. Again, that's what I get from your posts.

Regardless of the thread title, you always find a way to take a shot at Melo, despite the fact that he has been the main cog to the teams success. Not to mention, outside of the mercurial JR Smith, he is the only legit offensive threat that we have with Stat out, and still we are managing to rank third in scoring.

don't quote me stats please. plenty of teams over the course of the season put together 4 game winning streaks. the season is young but is the offense cohesive or not? when the ball moves it looks damned good but this is not a consistent pattern. lately i see see a quasi-weave, an occasional alley-oop, and some impossible-to-maintain 3-point shooting. talk to me when they are 22-8.

the only thing i can agree with with any of you pollyannas is that, other than the pleasant contribution of kidd, woodson has finally got anthony to put in honest effort on defense which clearly makes a difference. will that be enough to offset his very mediocre scoring efficiency remains to be seen. he is a limited and unimaginative playmaker and this will hurt the knicks come playoff time.

I'd go farther and call it a nightmare, for the opposing defense that is

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
babyKnicks
USA
11/11/2012  4:01 AM
Thanks everyone for jumping in...and dk7th. Instead of us talking to you when the Knicks are 22-8, how about you stop posting then or give EVERYONE A HUGE APOLOGY.

Open your eyes, stop hating.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/11/2012  10:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/11/2012  10:15 AM
dk7th wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I think your viewpoint is relying to much on a Melo and Smith that played in more free lance systems of Karl and MDA. Woodson is the complete opposite style of coach that these guys have played for in there careers and its possible they will respond to his coaching way better.

Also the 3pt shooting wasn't there vs Dallas but they won with defense and got to the line 19times. This team can beat you in different ways they aren't a gimmick. Ft shooting could be a problem though.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/11/2012  10:39 AM
Knicks are 23-10 since Woodson took over including playoffs.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
y2zipper

11/11/2012  10:53 AM
babyKnicks wrote:Thanks everyone for jumping in...and dk7th. Instead of us talking to you when the Knicks are 22-8, how about you stop posting then or give EVERYONE A HUGE APOLOGY.

Open your eyes, stop hating.

It's fair for people to be skeptical because it's a small sample size and because Dolan's a bad owner.

Game Thread: 3-0 undefeated knicks take on Cubes arrogance and his Maver-icks!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy