[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: 3-0 undefeated knicks take on Cubes arrogance and his Maver-icks!
Author Thread
babyKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1191
USA
11/10/2012  6:28 AM
FoeDiddy wrote:Dantoni is a scrub lol..end of story..rip to his knick career.

+1

Anyone that doesn't give due dap to these Knicks is blind.

Even bringing up linsanity at this point cheapens the actual gameplan and identity implemented.

This is an actual team, no domninant personalities. It's team defense, move the ball, hit the open man.

All coached philosophies.

I keep seeing "this is a better roster" from people that bashed it all summer.

This is the oldest team in the league.

Most additions either had off years last year, coming off surgery or weren't even in the league last year.

There should be nothing but love going forward and no more : paragraph rants to defend being wrong.

Embrace these Knicks. Lets all just be fans. :-)

Let's go Knicks. That's amare
AUTOADVERT
babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
11/10/2012  7:49 AM
nixluva wrote:
babyKnicks wrote:Come on nixluva...give it up. Dantoni and Lin. History. Woodson a much better coach. Suddenly its the roster?

Back to ignore you go!

You shouldn't just jump into a convo that you don't understand. No one ever said Woodson isn't a better coach for this team. All I really ever say is that MDA is not a bum and if given an opportunity with a good roster that is more suitable to what he likes to do, he'll be successful. This team is tailored to Woody's style WAY more than it ever was for MDA. When have we ever had this much talent and with this much of a match for the coach during MDA's run? You guys have to at least get realistic about all of this. MDA wasn't struggling to get this team to defend or play well as a unit when he finally had Lin and a bunch of guys that wanted to listen.

Melo and MDA didn't jive, so this wasn't the place for MDA. End of story. Just stop with the crap about MDA not being this or being that. Dude has shown he can win big in this league and he NEVER had this many capable bigs or depth at PG on any team he coached. Woody is a lucky man to have been given this opportunity with a very nice roster full of players that excel on D and don't need teaching. Let's not forget how young most of MDA's roster was at times here. This is just a much different team now. This team is built to win right now and that's great for a change.

It's time for you to look in the mirror and heed your own advice... GIVE IT UP.

You keep saying the rosters are different and keep ignoring the 18-6 run last year with the SAME ROSTER.

Stop hanging on, apologize to everyone for being so anti knick all summer and embrace.

There is no going back, only going forward.

Same roster, dantoni was not as good as Woodson.

That's all you need to know.

Also, Woodson had both amare and Lin gone and was 18-6.

Stop reaching and just admit that Woodson is waaaaaay better than dantoni ever was for the Knicks.

Ignoring Woodson's coaching pedigree is disrespectful.

He took a talented Atlanta hawks team deep in the playoffs. About as far as dantoni took the waaaaaay more talented suns team (they had 2 time MVP Nash).

He's learned under Larry brown and was a coach on the championship pistons team under Larry brown. (Does dantoni have a chip?)

Just stop. Please. You are ruining the 4-0 run for all of us with your chucking and diving.

Stop.

Let's go Knicks. That's amare
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/10/2012  8:12 AM
Mray20 wrote:Melo took a beating tonight and he wasn't getting calls, I want him back at the 3 as soon as possible, this is why Amare coming back strong is important we don't want Melo to wear down.

Understandable but I'm worried about our D once Stat joins the starting lineup. He just seems to be lost all the time.I find more use of him in the second unit.

Knicks_Fan
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
11/10/2012  8:20 AM
the knick offense is pretty much unwatchable but hey they're winning so that covers over a multitude of sins... for now.

melo trending to the same mediocre TS% of around 54-55% is not a good sign.

full strength SA, MEM, and IND will be a good measure of this team.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/10/2012  8:23 AM
Melo shooting 33% from 3 and its bringing his FG down to 43% not good. If not for the 3's he's be shooting closer to 50%
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/10/2012  8:27 AM
dk7th wrote:the knick offense is pretty much unwatchable but hey they're winning so that covers over a multitude of sins... for now.

LOL.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

11/10/2012  8:51 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
dk7th wrote:the knick offense is pretty much unwatchable but hey they're winning so that covers over a multitude of sins... for now.

LOL.

clearly MIA, PHI, and DAL was a bunch of bull****! not to mention, those teams SUCK!!! especially Miami--**** Pat the RAT!!!!

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
dk7th
USA
11/10/2012  9:04 AM
philly and dallas lacked their main guy. heat? good win i guess but i kind of see that game as a hurricane sandy pity-**** game.

at the end of the day all that matters is that we won but i am also saying lets temper the shortsightedness a bit-- the offense looked pretty chaotic.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
gunsnewing
USA
11/10/2012  9:07 AM
Last I checked Knicks have been without Amare, Shump and Camby
dk7th
USA
11/10/2012  9:16 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Last I checked Knicks have been without Amare, Shump and Camby

camby played a bit last night. they will be a lot better when shump returns no doubt- with the caveat that he retain his lateral quickness post-surgery.

stoudemire in the starting lineup is very problematic.

it's hard to get enthused about this team until we have seen another 20-25 games. 10-12 years of butt-ugly will do that to you.

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
11/10/2012  9:19 AM
Open Your Eyes

dk7th wrote:it's hard to get enthused about this team until we have seen another 20-25 games. 10-12 years of butt-ugly will do that to you.

When you are stuck in the past, it hard to get enthused about anything.

If Halle Berry walked in that door right now, you would complain that she needed another few weeks to prove she was sexy.

Not me.

once a knick always a knick
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/10/2012  10:05 AM

*Fast forward 4 games*

How am I supposed to get excited about beating Orlando? And SA? Duncan's a fossil! Memphis must have loaded up on fried chicken and let us win. Indy was without Granger! This is the worst 8-0 team ever!

You play who's on the schedule, when they're on the schedule. We've done that, and we've handed all of these teams with current winning records double digit losses.

We too busy making excuses for the other teams to enjoy our own wins? Oh, and get well soon Shump/STAT!

gunsnewing
USA
11/10/2012  10:09 AM
Amen!
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/10/2012  10:12 AM
The opponents the Knicks played are 15-1 against other teams so they really do suck. How could they lose that one game?
IrishKnickFan
Member: #4171

11/10/2012  10:53 AM
Im so tired of nba experts making excuses for teams we beat. last i checked miami philly and dallas have played well this year just not against us because we have a great defensive team
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

11/10/2012  10:58 AM

So let me get this straight, This ugly offense that you speak of is ranked 3rd in the entire league in scoring, and are averaging 22 ast per. On the flip side, we lead the league in defense (87 pts per)and are the only undefeated team in the league, and you still find the need to criticize and be negative. Dont know you personally, but your post screams that either you are not a fan, or you are just here to flame and rile others up. Again, that's what I get from your posts.

Regardless of the thread title, you always find a way to take a shot at Melo, despite the fact that he has been the main cog to the teams success. Not to mention, outside of the mercurial JR Smith, he is the only legit offensive threat that we have with Stat out, and still we are managing to rank third in scoring.

SupremeCommander

11/10/2012  11:32 AM

game 1: 27 team assists, 12 turnovers
game 2: 18, 14
game 3: 24, 7
game 4: 17, 9

They had one 'bad' offensive game yet they still scored 100 and won by 16. Unwatchable? Even if I concede that point, they are still the best defensive team in basketball. Unwatchable???????

gunsnewing
USA
11/10/2012  11:33 AM
Give it up for Kidd he lead the charge in taking a commanding lead in the 3rd with his defense and key steals. The guy is incredible
SupremeCommander

11/10/2012  11:35 AM
dk7th wrote:philly and dallas lacked their main guy. heat? good win i guess but i kind of see that game as a hurricane sandy pity-**** game.

at the end of the day all that matters is that we won but i am also saying lets temper the shortsightedness a bit-- the offense looked pretty chaotic.

Dude, you are legitimately something else...

Both the Heat and Sixers are undefeated if you exclude their losses to the Knicks. And the Mavs have one loss.

I know the numbers are contrary to what you think but come on man. The Knicks wins are against quality opponents

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
11/10/2012  2:20 PM

The knicks are way more watchable than your post.
Game Thread: 3-0 undefeated knicks take on Cubes arrogance and his Maver-icks!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy