[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: 3-0 undefeated knicks take on Cubes arrogance and his Maver-icks!
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/9/2012  10:37 PM
holfresh wrote:At points we have too many old/slow guys playing together...We need Shrump and Amare back..

yea Prigs and sheed don't mix.

AUTOADVERT
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

11/9/2012  10:38 PM
This game is not close if the FT troll didn't come by in the 4th qtr. It was a bad 2nd qtr when the second unit came in but the D picked up in the second half which was great. Also, if the players could have finished better at the rim and if Chandler could have gotten some of those loose balls that slipped off his hand the game would have went more smoothly. It was a good game and it was nice to see NY win this way.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/9/2012  10:39 PM
Knicksfan wrote:This win might be the most impressive of the 4 because we were off our game, played a streaking running team and still we regrouped, clawed up the D and pulled about a grinder with the bonus of it being another double digit win. Great win!

They came out ready for the end half. Dantoni team would've caved

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/9/2012  10:44 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:This win might be the most impressive of the 4 because we were off our game, played a streaking running team and still we regrouped, clawed up the D and pulled about a grinder with the bonus of it being another double digit win. Great win!

Yeah. The Knicks played lock down d in the second half. It was a very physical game.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/9/2012  11:08 PM
Like I said

Marv wrote:this game preview can be easily summarized.

f**k cuban.

f**k the mavs.

or, as another hoopster said earlier this week:

nsfw

yellowboy90

11/9/2012  11:10 PM
I like the D everyone is playing and I like how Melo is leading this team on both ends. People was worried about Woodson O and how the Knicks would grind out games but the offense plays with great flow most of the times and has so many ways to go about scoring. Pgs and wings can initiate this offense which is nice. Also, the Knicks have so many big men that can come at teams in waves. I keep harping on this but Rasheed is going to be a problem for teams once he gets it going. He is capable of stretching the floor and he can roll to the basket. Throw in when things are not going well he can post up to get him shots and he is a great passer for a big man. This team could be nasty when everyone is healthy.
yellowboy90

11/9/2012  11:11 PM
I also like to thank Jae Crowder for saying he was going to hold Melo to 13 points. Rookies you got to love them.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/9/2012  11:16 PM
gunsnewing wrote:

You know the team played hard for D'Antoni during the stretch last year around Linsanity. That success was mostly about the team defense more so the great offense. Just keep that in mind when talking nonsense about a coach that isn't here anymore.

CrushAlot
USA
11/9/2012  11:25 PM
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

You know the team played hard for D'Antoni during the stretch last year around Linsanity. That success was mostly about the team defense more so the great offense. Just keep that in mind when talking nonsense about a coach that isn't here anymore.

I haven't seen lockdown d like isaw in the second half in a long time. I definitely haven't seen it in at least 7 years. Also, the only decent team beat during that fun run was the lakers. The Knicks have wins against the champs and playoff teams this year.

nixluva
USA
11/9/2012  11:36 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

I haven't seen lockdown d like isaw in the second half in a long time. I definitely haven't seen it in at least 7 years. Also, the only decent team beat during that fun run was the lakers. The Knicks have wins against the champs and playoff teams this year.

Do you think you're making some kind of amazing point here. You wanna compare the roster this year with the roster last year or even the situation in terms of the teams ability to prepare with a real training camp? The injuries, lack of good PG play etc. How about Melo's commitment to playing hard for 48 minutes? Come on you guys stop bringing up D'Antoni into every situation as if the only thing that changed was the coach! It's really lame to kick the former coach who clearly didn't have an easy situation during his time here.
IT'S OVER!!! MOVE ON ALREADY!!!

I really like having Brewer on this team. He's really a very effective defensive glue guy on the perimeter. He mostly plays within his limits.

Camby looked a little rusty but still effective. This team looks like it's gonna be primed for matching up against the better teams in the league this year. I still think the offense needs some work, but as long as they can defend like they are this should be a strong year.

Clean
Member: #743
11/9/2012  11:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2012  11:43 PM
Alan Hahn gave an amazing stat. Every team we beat, if you take away their losses to us their record is 15 wins and 1 loss.
CrushAlot
USA
11/10/2012  12:04 AM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Do you think you're making some kind of amazing point here. You wanna compare the roster this year with the roster last year or even the situation in terms of the teams ability to prepare with a real training camp? The injuries, lack of good PG play etc. How about Melo's commitment to playing hard for 48 minutes? Come on you guys stop bringing up D'Antoni into every situation as if the only thing that changed was the coach! It's really lame to kick the former coach who clearly didn't have an easy situation during his time here.

I really like having Brewer on this team. He's really a very effective defensive glue guy on the perimeter. He mostly plays within his limits.

Camby looked a little rusty but still effective. This team looks like it's gonna be primed for matching up against the better teams in the league this year. I still think the offense needs some work, but as long as they can defend like they are this should be a strong year.

I think mike Woodson had the same roster last year and his team played much better on both ends of the floor. I know every year dantoni was in ny his team came out of training camp and sucked @ss for 15 games. If dantoni was losing with this roster coming out of camp the excuse would be age or roster turnover. The guy did nothing here but lose. His gm wanted to make the hire work and not be a mistake dantoni should have been fired after his second year.
This bs about melo is really annoying. Every report this year says he is totally buying into Woodson. Why didn't he buy into d'ant? Maybe because he was asked to play pt forward or maybe because the offense just didn't suit the roster. At some point when things don't work but you keep getting told to do the same thing maybe you buy in a little less. Hahn said both guys are very rigid and stubborn. In d'ants case his rigidity related to his commitment to a style of s&t despite his roster. When your roster has a superstar that doesn't suit your style you adapt or eventually you are fired or in mike's case resign with pay. P

nixluva
USA
11/10/2012  12:26 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

I think mike Woodson had the same roster last year and his team played much better on both ends of the floor. I know every year dantoni was in ny his team came out of training camp and sucked @ss for 15 games. If dantoni was losing with this roster coming out of camp the excuse would be age or roster turnover. The guy did nothing here but lose. His gm wanted to make the hire work and not be a mistake dantoni should have been fired after his second year.
This bs about melo is really annoying. Every report this year says he is totally buying into Woodson. Why didn't he buy into d'ant? Maybe because he was asked to play pt forward or maybe because the offense just didn't suit the roster. At some point when things don't work but you keep getting told to do the same thing maybe you buy in a little less. Hahn said both guys are very rigid and stubborn. In d'ants case his rigidity related to his commitment to a style of s&t despite his roster. When your roster has a superstar that doesn't suit your style you adapt or eventually you are fired or in mike's case resign with pay. P

Man give it a rest already. This is a much improved roster and there's really no comparison to what Woody's situation was coming in fresh and without being beat down for a few years already. NY takes years off a coach's life like being president. You think a coach isn't human and can't be mentally worn down? Woody has found himself in a great situation and i'm glad he's succeeding cuz this is the KNICKS! His success is our success. I love the way the team is playing and that's what we should be talking about now.

CrushAlot
USA
11/10/2012  12:31 AM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Man give it a rest already. This is a much improved roster and there's really no comparison to what Woody's situation was coming in fresh and without being beat down for a few years already. NY takes years off a coach's life like being president. You think a coach isn't human and can't be mentally worn down? Woody has found himself in a great situation and i'm glad he's succeeding cuz this is the KNICKS! His success is our success. I love the way the team is playing and that's what we should be talking about now.

That discounts Woodson taking over danuoni's roster and winning 5 Ina row not losing any games back to back and going on an 18- 6 run to make the playoffs. Woodson gets it. I think you should move on.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/10/2012  12:44 AM
Clean wrote:Alan Hahn gave an amazing stat. Every team we beat, if you take away their losses to us their record is 15 wins and 1 loss.

More impressive was the fact that the mavs were avg 116pg in there 3 game win streak coming in..

ES
Mray20
Member: #3138

11/10/2012  3:23 AM
Melo took a beating tonight and he wasn't getting calls, I want him back at the 3 as soon as possible, this is why Amare coming back strong is important we don't want Melo to wear down.
No layups!
babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
11/10/2012  3:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/10/2012  3:32 AM
Come on nixluva...give it up. Dantoni and Lin. History. Woodson a much better coach. Suddenly its the roster?

Back to ignore you go!

Let's go Knicks. That's amare
babyKnicks
Member: #1191
USA
11/10/2012  3:35 AM
knicks1248 wrote:lin over here tearing up the forth qtr on NBATV

Who won?

Let's go Knicks. That's amare
nixluva
USA
11/10/2012  4:48 AM
babyKnicks wrote:Come on nixluva...give it up. Dantoni and Lin. History. Woodson a much better coach. Suddenly its the roster?

Back to ignore you go!

You shouldn't just jump into a convo that you don't understand. No one ever said Woodson isn't a better coach for this team. All I really ever say is that MDA is not a bum and if given an opportunity with a good roster that is more suitable to what he likes to do, he'll be successful. This team is tailored to Woody's style WAY more than it ever was for MDA. When have we ever had this much talent and with this much of a match for the coach during MDA's run? You guys have to at least get realistic about all of this. MDA wasn't struggling to get this team to defend or play well as a unit when he finally had Lin and a bunch of guys that wanted to listen.

Melo and MDA didn't jive, so this wasn't the place for MDA. End of story. Just stop with the crap about MDA not being this or being that. Dude has shown he can win big in this league and he NEVER had this many capable bigs or depth at PG on any team he coached. Woody is a lucky man to have been given this opportunity with a very nice roster full of players that excel on D and don't need teaching. Let's not forget how young most of MDA's roster was at times here. This is just a much different team now. This team is built to win right now and that's great for a change.

FoeDiddy
Member: #2350

11/10/2012  5:15 AM
Dantoni is a scrub lol..end of story..rip to his knick career.
Game Thread: 3-0 undefeated knicks take on Cubes arrogance and his Maver-icks!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy