[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Other games thread.......Place to chat about games on TV not Knicks.
Author Thread
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/13/2014  4:41 PM
dk7th wrote:thunder might consider trading westbrook. he is going to hurt his team with that level of scoring inefficiency in the playoffs. 3-10 from 3 and only 5fta. as with jr smith, those numbers need to be reversed. looks like he's calling his own number too much.

I felt that he was awful today and really hurt his team.

He is having a very solid efficient year though I worry about him in the postseason as well.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
4/13/2014  4:43 PM
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:thunder might consider trading westbrook. he is going to hurt his team with that level of scoring inefficiency in the playoffs. 3-10 from 3 and only 5fta. as with jr smith, those numbers need to be reversed. looks like he's calling his own number too much.

He is having a very solid efficient year though I worry about him in the postseason as well.

55%TS is not good enough for the playoffs and as i have said you can bet your bottom dollar that it will drop a couple of points.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
mreinman

4/13/2014  4:57 PM
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

55%TS is not good enough for the playoffs and as i have said you can bet your bottom dollar that it will drop a couple of points.

55% TS is very good for a point guard in the playoffs (as long as he does not take shots away from KD who shoots over 60).

His main issue is that he is below average from 3.

At pg, he needs to think more about creating for others than wanting to create so many of his own shots.

dk7th
USA
4/13/2014  5:09 PM
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

55% TS is very good for a point guard in the playoffs (as long as he does not take shots away from KD who shoots over 60).

At pg, he needs to think more about creating for others than wanting to create so many of his own shots.

he isn't a point guard and that has been the ongoing problem. too high usage.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
mreinman

4/13/2014  5:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/13/2014  5:16 PM
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Absolutely agree. I would not as against it if he was not playing with Durant.

I do not like his game at all. His high usage and inefficiency remind me a lot of kobe, though a much more willing passer and fewer shot attempts.

dk7th
USA
4/13/2014  5:22 PM
the incredible thing about durant is that he has taken on the title of "the servant" which is modeled precisely on the bill russell model. mr. russell, when asked abiut what it took to be a great leader, stated that in order to be a great leader you had to be a great servant.
mreinman

4/13/2014  5:26 PM
dk7th wrote:the incredible thing about durant is that he has taken on the title of "the servant" which is modeled precisely on the bill russell model. mr. russell, when asked abiut what it took to be a great leader, stated that in order to be a great leader you had to be a great servant.

I don't know what it is but I don't remember a guy who is such a high volume shooter be this efficient.

I did not like the way he played to today, bunch of chucks and as you call them "heat checks" but he was probably frustrated with the way that Westbrook was playing.

yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

4/13/2014  5:27 PM
I'd gamble on westbrook in a trade only because I think he'll develop into a better 3 pt shooter. He improves there he make a drastic jump as a player because he is already good on D. It's a risk but he already shoots at a high volume and if he gets that up he becomes a juggernaut. I guess the other route is to eliminate him taking 3s like Wade but I doubt he does that. Between Westbrook and Rose they are going to have to improve from 3 or take the 3 out there games.
mreinman

4/13/2014  6:08 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:I'd gamble on westbrook in a trade only because I think he'll develop into a better 3 pt shooter. He improves there he make a drastic jump as a player because he is already good on D. It's a risk but he already shoots at a high volume and if he gets that up he becomes a juggernaut. I guess the other route is to eliminate him taking 3s like Wade but I doubt he does that. Between Westbrook and Rose they are going to have to improve from 3 or take the 3 out there games.

He can't eliminate his 3's at his rate since its effectively at 50% (to its 2 point equivalent), he just needs to shoot them at a better rate to become a more efficient player.

Westbrook like rose seem very herky jerky in their drives and they are too athletic for their ligaments. I would not take a chance on either.

mreinman

4/13/2014  10:17 PM
rooting hard for the lakers tonight. Phx needs help ...
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

4/13/2014  10:39 PM
mreinman wrote:rooting hard for the lakers tonight. Phx needs help ...

Phx could win even if they don't make the playoffs depending on how the lottery turns out. I think they have a chance to get Sac's pick.

mreinman

4/13/2014  10:58 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:rooting hard for the lakers tonight. Phx needs help ...

Phx could win even if they don't make the playoffs depending on how the lottery turns out. I think they have a chance to get Sac's pick.

They really deserve to be in the playoffs more than any team. They had the lowest expectations coming in. Nobody really predicted them to win more than 20 games.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/14/2014  12:04 PM
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I always said that was a problem with West brook, but you have to love the fire and intensity that he plays with. I think his intentions are good, the execution is another thing. some years ago, I said that guards like this are most times better suited for 6th man roles. when I hinted years ago that Ben gordon, would be best suited as a 6th man, even with his scoring talent, bulls fans went crazy.... I said Jamal crawford should be a 6th man... there are roles for guys like this. I know thunder fans may read what i say and go nuts.. but westbrook is a talented player, but he plays the PG position, but really doesn't play it like a PG.. he is talented and plays hard, but sometimes that is just not enough.....

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
dk7th
USA
4/14/2014  12:24 PM
tkf wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I always said that was a problem with West brook, but you have to love the fire and intensity that he plays with. I think his intentions are good, the execution is another thing. some years ago, I said that guards like this are most times better suited for 6th man roles. when I hinted years ago that Ben gordon, would be best suited as a 6th man, even with his scoring talent, bulls fans went crazy.... I said Jamal crawford should be a 6th man... there are roles for guys like this. I know thunder fans may read what i say and go nuts.. but westbrook is a talented player, but he plays the PG position, but really doesn't play it like a PG.. he is talented and plays hard, but sometimes that is just not enough.....

you are absolutely correct. the paradigm for this is when holzman removed cazzie russell and inserted bill bradley. the knicks clicked after that. araton wrote about it.

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/22/knicks-reed-forever-a-captain-among-men/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

an argument can be made that even harden fits this mold.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/14/2014  12:49 PM
dk7th wrote:
tkf wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

you are absolutely correct. the paradigm for this is when holzman removed cazzie russell and inserted bill bradley. the knicks clicked after that. araton wrote about it.

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/22/knicks-reed-forever-a-captain-among-men/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

I missed that article and was glad to read it!

The galvanizing moment for team in a time when racial tensions could pull a team apart in that era!

Today I put Willis ahead of Ewing as the greatest knick center! While Ewings physical talents are never to be disputed his leadership pales to that of REED! I have read many tales of Willis over the years and that was one I missed. Its not a knock on Ewing, its just a compliment to Reed!

mreinman

4/14/2014  12:53 PM
dk7th wrote:
tkf wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

This is a problem with any non (super) highly efficient/High Usage ball dominating PG or SG guards.

Rose, Westbrook, Kobe, Iverson (worst ever and finally being realized and documented)

With Westbrook and Kobe, it was far more frustrating because they play(ed) with Durant and Shaq. Two of the highly efficient players of our era. There is no excuse to take a low percentage shot when you have them for teammates.

This is why guards like: Nash, Stockton, CP3, Hornacek, Wade, Parker, Ginobili, Chauncy Billups are/were such great team players.

Harden is a real chucker but an extremely efficient one so he is allowed.

dk7th
USA
4/14/2014  1:14 PM
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
tkf wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

This is a problem with any non (super) highly efficient/High Usage ball dominating PG or SG guards.

Rose, Westbrook, Kobe, Iverson (worst ever and finally being realized and documented)

With Westbrook and Kobe, it was far more frustrating because they play(ed) with Durant and Shaq. Two of the highly efficient players of our era. There is no excuse to take a low percentage shot when you have them for teammates.

This is why guards like: Nash, Stockton, CP3, Hornacek, Wade, Parker, Ginobili, Chauncy Billups are/were such great team players.

i think harden's game may not be so effective in the playoffs but we shall see. they are a very intriguing team.

mreinman

4/14/2014  1:20 PM
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
tkf wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

i think harden's game may not be so effective in the playoffs but we shall see. they are a very intriguing team.

His playoff numbers for OKC were off the charts (though he failed against Miami but who doesnt?)

A player needs to prove that he can do it in the playoffs but it also does depend on the system that they play.

Harden is an intriguing hybrid and I will be very curious to see what he does this year. He did not do great last year but they are a better team this year.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
4/14/2014  1:26 PM
dk7th wrote:
tkf wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Great read...Again, this is no knock on westbrook, or even harden as you mentioned.. in the end, it is all about team chemistry... Way too often is scoring overrated in this league... sure you need it, but at this level, a lot of guys can score, and when hot can score a lot.. take for instance Corey Brewer.. yes, corey friggin Brewer.. LOL.. dude dropped 51 points!! The Atlanta Hawks best scorer doesn't even start.. That is Lou williams, he is probably the Hawks best one on one player, yet he plays behind Korver.. but come 4th quarter he is the guy they like to go to..

Understanding roles, accepting roles, and accurately assessing players is crucial to team developement... The spurs mastered this, which is why they are so damn good... when you can get a player to understand and accept that the team is bigger than the player, you will not only have a productive player, but a cohesive unit on the floor..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/15/2014  11:00 AM
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
tkf wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:

His playoff numbers for OKC were off the charts (though he failed against Miami but who doesnt?)

A player needs to prove that he can do it in the playoffs but it also does depend on the system that they play.

Harden is an intriguing hybrid and I will be very curious to see what he does this year. He did not do great last year but they are a better team this year.

Can Harden keep his playoff FTA at 9-10 per game? He gets the calls, and that's a great asset to bank on late in games, when you obviously don't want DHow at the line and possibly everyone else goes cold.

Other games thread.......Place to chat about games on TV not Knicks.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy