[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Rockets reach deal with Harden 5YRs/80 mil..WOW...
Author Thread
earthmansurfer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #858
Germany
11/1/2012  5:55 AM
Lin sure looked nice last night. Harden was the best player on the court but Lin sure led that team. 12pts, 8assists, 4stl, 4TO - I'll take that. Some incredible passes. His contract is already looking like a bargain when you look at what everyone else got. I know I know, haters will now say he has Harden on that team. Nice Job Dolan.

Nice to see Dwight lose.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
AUTOADVERT
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
11/1/2012  6:39 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:Lin sure looked nice last night. Harden was the best player on the court but Lin sure led that team. 12pts, 8assists, 4stl, 4TO - I'll take that. Some incredible passes. His contract is already looking like a bargain when you look at what everyone else got. I know I know, haters will now say he has Harden on that team. Nice Job Dolan.

Nice to see Dwight lose.

It didn't take any time for Lin and Harden to gel. Did they even have a practice together. We keep making excuses for our team to gel....for Amare and Melo, etc
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/1/2012  6:59 AM
Markji wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:Lin sure looked nice last night. Harden was the best player on the court but Lin sure led that team. 12pts, 8assists, 4stl, 4TO - I'll take that. Some incredible passes. His contract is already looking like a bargain when you look at what everyone else got. I know I know, haters will now say he has Harden on that team. Nice Job Dolan.

Nice to see Dwight lose.

It didn't take any time for Lin and Harden to gel. Did they even have a practice together. We keep making excuses for our team to gel....for Amare and Melo, etc

It's only their third season. Give it some time!
holfresh
Member: #1081

11/1/2012  7:01 AM
Ha...Beating the Pistons and winning an NBA game now means a team has gelled....
KnicksFE
Member: #3561

11/1/2012  9:02 AM
holfresh wrote:Ha...Beating the Pistons and winning an NBA game now means a team has gelled....

No, but is a step in the right direction, especially considering that many predicted Houston to be the worst team in the NBA this year.

DurzoBlint
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1152
USA
11/1/2012  9:11 AM
Markji wrote:

Nice to see Dwight lose.

Get a clue. Tracey McGriddles first game here, the chemistry looked great and he looked great. Next game(s) he looked like the card board cutout of an NBA player. You can't judge anything based on 1game

the fact that you can't even have an unrelated thread without some tool here bringing him up make me think that rational minds are few and far between. Bunch of emotionally weak, angst riddled people. I mean, how many times can you argue the same shyt
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/1/2012  9:13 AM
crap on this all you want and the Melo-ites will spin this but the Rockets did what I hoped the Knicks would do. I was excited about this year because we had a big veteran frontcourt to go with a dynamic young backcourt (Lin + Shump) but the Rockets saw that value and we didnt. Lin and Harden is a hell of a good backcourt. Lin makes plays. Plain and simple. He's a difference maker and play makers in the NBA are a truely valuable commodity.

As opposed to say holding the ball, pounding it then forcing a shot. For those who were not sure thats not making a play.

Knicks havent played yet and this season sucks already.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
holfresh
Member: #1081

11/1/2012  9:15 AM
KnicksFE wrote:
holfresh wrote:Ha...Beating the Pistons and winning an NBA game now means a team has gelled....

No, but is a step in the right direction, especially considering that many predicted Houston to be the worst team in the NBA this year.

I'm actually watching the games because I'm trying to assess Lin as a player and obviously unsure how good he is based on the limited amount of games he has played..I'm becoming more and more comfortable with my assessment of him that I really will soon stop watching Houston play and only tune in on important games...Lin will be a good player but he has ways to go...He is a very good passer which will get him playing time...He has further work to do on his handle and gets in trouble dribbling in traffic...He won't bring the ball up during pressure times, Harden will do that and did that last night...He is a poor defender who gets steals from actually chasing his player after the player has gone by him...I'm am very comfortable saying we didn't miss the boat by not signing him...I wish him luck but I think the Knicks will be fine without him...When does STAT get back anyway...

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/1/2012  9:27 AM
fishmike wrote:crap on this all you want and the Melo-ites will spin this but the Rockets did what I hoped the Knicks would do. I was excited about this year because we had a big veteran frontcourt to go with a dynamic young backcourt (Lin + Shump) but the Rockets saw that value and we didnt. Lin and Harden is a hell of a good backcourt. Lin makes plays. Plain and simple. He's a difference maker and play makers in the NBA are a truely valuable commodity.

As opposed to say holding the ball, pounding it then forcing a shot. For those who were not sure thats not making a play.

Exactly
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
11/1/2012  9:41 AM
Lol, Imagine if Lin actually played great instead of putting Fat-Felton type production last night??!!

Would be next coming of Clyde and Jesus...............I guess that makes Omar Willis Reed too??????

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/1/2012  9:47 AM
fishmike wrote:crap on this all you want and the Melo-ites will spin this but the Rockets did what I hoped the Knicks would do. I was excited about this year because we had a big veteran frontcourt to go with a dynamic young backcourt (Lin + Shump) but the Rockets saw that value and we didnt. Lin and Harden is a hell of a good backcourt. Lin makes plays. Plain and simple. He's a difference maker and play makers in the NBA are a truely valuable commodity.

Bingo!! I said on this site and realgm(and they hated me over there for it) that the rockets and thunder made a good trade.. for both teams.. Harden is a beast but on top of that it gave the rockets a solid back court, now they are set in the back court and at center with young, improving talent... this is how you build a team...

But hey, I have my tv tuned into the rockets and nuggets game and I can follow them, I enjoyed watching them last night.. Knicks are still my team, but now they have to share my attention... thanks dolan and carmelo..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/1/2012  9:48 AM
Anji wrote:Lol, Imagine if Lin actually played great instead of putting Fat-Felton type production last night??!!

Would be next coming of Clyde and Jesus...............I guess that makes Omar Willis Reed too??????

Lin played a good game bro.... cut it out..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
earthmansurfer
Germany
11/1/2012  10:20 AM

Another here who agrees with you. I can see it already. "The reason Lin is playing well is because he has Harden to take the pressure off him." AND "The reason Harden is playing well is because he has an ok player in Lin next to him." Somehow, Lin's great play the coming season will now be attributed to Harden, I just have a feeling. What a team we could have had with Lin in the backcourt. Well, now Stat is hurt but we would have at least had Lin's offensive production. I also can't believe Dolan couldn't see Lin was a difference maker. My bet is he actually did, but took the whole Houston bid personally.

Loved Lin's quote after the game. "He (Harden) is the best player I've ever played with" That didn't take long.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/1/2012  10:24 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:

Another here who agrees with you. I can see it already. "The reason Lin is playing well is because he has Harden to take the pressure off him." AND "The reason Harden is playing well is because he has an ok player in Lin next to him." Somehow, Lin's great play the coming season will now be attributed to Harden, I just have a feeling. What a team we could have had with Lin in the backcourt. Well, now Stat is hurt but we would have at least had Lin's offensive production. I also can't believe Dolan couldn't see Lin was a difference maker. My bet is he actually did, but took the whole Houston bid personally.

Loved Lin's quote after the game. "He (Harden) is the best player I've ever played with" That didn't take long.

Lol one good game against a lottery team and the Rockets are world beaters now.

Oh look at that happy family, I'm so jealous of them and the season hasn't even begun..

earthmansurfer
Germany
11/1/2012  10:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/1/2012  10:35 AM
ChuckBuck - We weren't talking about the Rockets so much as We were talking about Lin. Though, the Rockets will be a fun team to watch. But thanks for the pic.
AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
11/1/2012  10:38 AM
Houston is going straight to the the lottery. Anyone believing otherwise is delusional.

If it takes Harden dropping 3o+ pts and 10+ asts to beat the lowly Pistons I see the L's racking up quickly.

I will be checking out Houston games for Harden since I like to watch tall guards with skills.

NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/1/2012  10:40 AM
AnubisADL wrote:Houston is going straight to the the lottery. Anyone believing otherwise is delusional.

If it takes Harden dropping 3o+ pts and 10+ asts to beat the lowly Pistons I see the L's racking up quickly.

I will be checking out Houston games for Harden since I like to watch tall guards with skills.

Would you make the same argument when Knicks beat the Pistons when Melo scores 30+ pts and 10+ rebounds?

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/1/2012  10:41 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:ChuckBuck - We weren't talking about the Rockets so much as We were talking about Lin. Though, the Rockets will be a fun team to watch. But thanks for the pic.

You're welcome (I think) EMS...by the way, you got a little drool stain on your shirt.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/1/2012  10:42 AM
First off, a road victory in the NBA is never easy.

Rockets have to really ascess what they are doing. They moved pieces that were in teh rotation and have work to do.

Harden and lin are both 23 years old. Nobody said they were world beaters or a playoff team yet. The COULD be a 7th or 8th seed. Just like we were.

I watched the 2nd half and Harden was awesome. 37 pts with 12 dimes is a nice stat. For those looking for Linsanity to continue and anything less offer amo to crap on him is missing the point. His cap hold for the Rockets is 8mm a year and he is not far off being that kind of a player.

Regarding Clyde and Earl the Pearl those who saw it, or read enough about it did understand it was not a perfect marriage. Earl was never the same player for the knicks as he was in Baltimore. He had some injuries but the simple reason was he did not have the ball as much because Clyde was the primary ball handler for the team. Earl "went off" when they needed him to but he was not the star feature player. They worked with it.

Is Lin and Harden the next clyde and Earl? Or the next Deron and JJ? Or the Next Brewer and Felton?

They played well last nite earning a road victory with little time for preperation. Lin need not be "linsanity" for them to succeed. In fact, him and the rockets would be better off with games like last nite.

We'll watch the games to see how they fair. First 10 games of the season is very hard to watch. Ugly games. PHX-SF was ugly last nite. Warriors shot 40% and PHX 38%! Ugly!

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/1/2012  10:45 AM
DurzoBlint wrote:
Markji wrote:

Nice to see Dwight lose.

Get a clue. Tracey McGriddles first game here, the chemistry looked great and he looked great. Next game(s) he looked like the card board cutout of an NBA player. You can't judge anything based on 1game

Comparing lin to tracy mcgrady now!
Rockets reach deal with Harden 5YRs/80 mil..WOW...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy