[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Summary of Jeremy "Gift" Lin's Pre-Season....
Author Thread
NUPE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4205

10/26/2012  11:06 PM
3G4G wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
3G4G wrote:
NUPE wrote:
3G4G wrote:

Is Winning most important or are Stats?

Even on the neighborhood playgrounds this is so even getting mopped up in your driveway it's so even on a game console it's so.....

So people have gone from predicting 20 and 10 for Lin to saying all that matters is wins as if Lin should be given the lion's share of credit for these wins while shooting awful and turning the ball over .

For my purposes, I will be tracking the "Gift's" stats.

I recall, most enamored with Linsanity had plenty to do with our 8-1 record and not the stats Lin was putting up good or bad. I could be wrong though.

and helping destroy Indy on back to back with key baskets before going down like a secretariat. 6-1 under Woodson and the Knicks weren't just winning they were wrecking teams. By far their best stretch in 12yrs

Rockets 5-2 Omir and Lin are contributing. I'm sure Mchale along with the rest of their mgmt at this point as Preseason cluncludes are encouraged more by team chemistry and winning record over whatever regular and advanced stats say about any player on their roster.

As of the here and now...... Morey is Eatin very well from the Chicken and Rice stand he owns off 53rd street

LoL, at boasting about pre-season records. The Laker's are 0-8. I guess the Lakers wont be making the playoffs and the Rockets will..... NAH....

Lin has sucked this pre-season. That is reality. Get real. If and when Lin plays great I will admit that.

AUTOADVERT
3G4G
Member: #4333

10/26/2012  11:45 PM
NUPE wrote:
3G4G wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
3G4G wrote:
NUPE wrote:
3G4G wrote:

Is Winning most important or are Stats?

Even on the neighborhood playgrounds this is so even getting mopped up in your driveway it's so even on a game console it's so.....

So people have gone from predicting 20 and 10 for Lin to saying all that matters is wins as if Lin should be given the lion's share of credit for these wins while shooting awful and turning the ball over .

For my purposes, I will be tracking the "Gift's" stats.

I recall, most enamored with Linsanity had plenty to do with our 8-1 record and not the stats Lin was putting up good or bad. I could be wrong though.

and helping destroy Indy on back to back with key baskets before going down like a secretariat. 6-1 under Woodson and the Knicks weren't just winning they were wrecking teams. By far their best stretch in 12yrs

Rockets 5-2 Omir and Lin are contributing. I'm sure Mchale along with the rest of their mgmt at this point as Preseason cluncludes are encouraged more by team chemistry and winning record over whatever regular and advanced stats say about any player on their roster.

As of the here and now...... Morey is Eatin very well from the Chicken and Rice stand he owns off 53rd street

LoL, at boasting about pre-season records. The Laker's are 0-8. I guess the Lakers wont be making the playoffs and the Rockets will..... NAH....

Lin has sucked this pre-season. That is reality. Get real. If and when Lin plays great I will admit that.

Preseason has proven one major stat in NBA History no team that has gone winless in Preseason has gone on to win a Championship...

Why You Mad bro?

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/27/2012  1:27 AM
NUPE wrote:
tkf wrote:lets make sure we update his stats tonight nupe... thanks bro...

You see, you approach this with a poor mindset and agenda. I literally just posted his stats for the pre-season and you took offense to it. Lin has played well today but he is not doing anything that justifies your rancid and incessant whining the last few months.

Really, Lin is putting up Raymond Felton like stats tonight and you are getting hyped... I thought Raymond sucked?!?! LoL!

Also, I already said I plan to update this thread throughout the season. No need for you to make a request. I doubt you will make such a request if and when Lin is stinking it up...

oh please, stop acting as if your hands are clean, you created this thread for one reason and we all know why....your mindset was poor from the start when you created this thread..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
limpidgimp
Member: #4044

10/27/2012  2:30 AM
Come on tkf, be a sport. The back of NUPE's barn is the perfect place for relieving yourself, especially that steaming dump that is so regular and satisfying.
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/27/2012  3:51 AM
tkf wrote:
NUPE wrote:

You see, you approach this with a poor mindset and agenda. I literally just posted his stats for the pre-season and you took offense to it. Lin has played well today but he is not doing anything that justifies your rancid and incessant whining the last few months.

Really, Lin is putting up Raymond Felton like stats tonight and you are getting hyped... I thought Raymond sucked?!?! LoL!

Also, I already said I plan to update this thread throughout the season. No need for you to make a request. I doubt you will make such a request if and when Lin is stinking it up...

oh please, stop acting as if your hands are clean, you created this thread for one reason and we all know why....your mindset was poor from the start when you created this thread..

Come on, TKF, His posts have been fair, and you're the last one who should be complaining about a posters 'poor mindsets'- why is negativity to Lin unacceptable, but it's fine for the Knicks?

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/27/2012  8:13 AM
tkf wrote:
NUPE wrote:

+1
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/27/2012  10:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2012  10:35 AM
smackeddog wrote:
tkf wrote:
NUPE wrote:

Come on, TKF, His posts have been fair, and you're the last one who should be complaining about a posters 'poor mindsets'- why is negativity to Lin unacceptable, but it's fine for the Knicks?

ah nupe has his agendas as well, he created this thread for one reason, I just ask to have some integrity.... negativity towards lin is fine, but honestly the negativity towards lin or any former player is done to validate this teams horrible moves... to me, again, that lacks integrity as well...lin was praised on these boards until dolan throws a fit, doesn't match, now lin was a flash in the pan.. felton was pretty much dogged as a knick, now that he is back, he is a "floor general"... the hypocrisy is hilarious man...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/27/2012  10:44 AM
tkf wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
tkf wrote:
NUPE wrote:

ah nupe has his agendas as well, he created this thread for one reason, I just ask to have some integrity.... negativity towards lin is fine, but honestly the negativity towards lin or any former player is done to validate this teams horrible moves... to me, again, that lacks integrity as well...lin was praised on these boards until dolan throws a fit, doesn't match, now lin was a flash in the pan.. felton was pretty much dogged as a knick, now that he is back, he is a "floor general"... the hypocrisy is hilarious man...

Honestly, part of me is genuinely curious to see how good Lin actually is this season, but part of me is also routing against him for the purely selfish reason you said (it will make the foolish decision to let him go feel even worse). I don't think there's anything wrong with that- we've had so many kicks in the gut over the years, I don't want another. Lin plays poorly and at least losing him isn't so bad to deal with.

CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
10/27/2012  10:50 AM
smackeddog wrote:
tkf wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
tkf wrote:
NUPE wrote:

Honestly, part of me is genuinely curious to see how good Lin actually is this season, but part of me is also routing against him for the purely selfish reason you said (it will make the foolish decision to let him go feel even worse). I don't think there's anything wrong with that- we've had so many kicks in the gut over the years, I don't want another. Lin plays poorly and at least losing him isn't so bad to deal with.

+1

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/27/2012  12:36 PM
tkf wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
tkf wrote:
NUPE wrote:

'The Gift' in the title is either a sign of an agenda, humor or just being provocative. Lin definitely is still a hot topic. The Rocket fan page on Bleacher Report has an article that discusses Lin's poor preseason play and what the author believes are his limitations as a professional.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NUPE
Member: #4205

10/27/2012  12:50 PM
CrushAlot wrote:'The Gift' in the title is either a sign of an agenda, humor or just being provocative. Lin definitely is still a hot topic. The Rocket fan page on Bleacher Report has an article that discusses Lin's poor preseason play and what the author believes are his limitations as a professional.

The Rocket fan page said Lin has been playing bad thus far?!?! I guess the Rocket fan page has an agenda against Lin as well, right TKF?
RonRon
Member: #246
10/27/2012  2:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2012  2:29 PM
Lin will be fine in Houston, put 4 shooters that move the ball, constant movement, with a C that sets screens, and play off his abilities to penetrate/finish/
Players that cut, run, have HIGH IQ, share the ball unselfishly, space the floor, and they will be rewarded.

Linsanity, did not have Melo/Amare in them, and we played beautiful basketball.

Lin no longer has to play off Melo's "ISO move, jab jab, jab, shoot"
Houston can play off Lin's ability to penetrate, space the floor, and constant movement.
Dragic and Lowry both were very successful playing with the same coach/system, even though I believe Dragic and Lowry >>> Lin.

Lin makes players around him better, while Melo does not, plain and simple.
Melo is one of the most over reated players in the league that is not efficient at all.
Without adding different elements to his game, he is suited to play the 6th man role similar to JR SMITH in a forward position, scoring in bunches with horrible shot selection.

Lin will miss the energy that MSG provided him with, as many of us will miss his talents.
Lin is over paid but when it comes down to it, he is 25m for 3 years like Omar Asik, while Melo and Amare make nearly as much in 1 year alone.

I would have kept Lin, moved JR Smith and Melo for openning throwing their team mate under the bus, for a cohesive unit in a heart beat.
Melo for Gereld Wallace/Kris Humphries, possibly a pick, would have solved the 3rd year 15m as Hump's contract expires in year 2.
JR Smith especially if Nets included a 1st round pick, for another player like Brandon Rush or James Johnson.

Many bash Lin for his small sample during Linsanity but Melo and Amare were unable to lead us to victories vs teams that were heading to the lottery.
We played the best basketball during that stretch, thus Linsanity, while Melo will be consistently inconsistent.
The same people praise the diva for his 18-6 stretch but leave out all the losses and inconsistency through out his career here in NY.

I don't care what number's Melo puts up during his the playoff as a Knick, the result could not have been any worse, without trading for him.
Felton was traded for a 1st round pick and Andre Miller, in addition to our own 1st round pick, 2 2nd round picks of GS, in addition to the the salary cap of Eddy Curry that we could have used to sign another play. I would much rather have Wilson Chandler/Gallo/Iggy, than Melo. Stop comparing Gallo to Melo, because we gave up much more for diva.

AR, Mosgov, Brewer, Koufous, some players that we also gave up or should have kept, recieved for our package....

Trading for Melo, we not only loss assets, players, draft picks, killed chemistry, and the salary cap that we could have used to sign a player in FA.
Losing the amnesty?

It is the ENTIRE package, assets, cap space, draft picks, flexability

we got back Felton, but what about the 1st round pick he was traded to Portland for, what about the 2nd picks/draft rights, we loss, cash/JJ, we loss to acquire him back?
Because of all this, we have a limited window with 3 players that do not mesh well together, with bunch of over the hill vets.

Denver >>>> Knicks, today, yesterday, and for the future, end of story.

As for not drafting Faried over Iman, it is a horrible comparison.
We did not know of the amnesty, during the draft, Faried is a 6-6 PF, would he really work with as Amare/Faried... come on, be real.
It is unforunate that Iman had such a big surgery that sets him back, unable to improve in the off season and is a 2 year set back to his growth.
Without the injury, who knows if he would be closer to Westbrook/Rose and the very least of Spree by year 2, instead of trying to get back in shape/healthy for this year.

callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

10/27/2012  2:27 PM
@ronron...this isnt about melo vs lin...i dont think it ever was. It was about how much is lin worth..and in my opinion he was never worth $8 mil. U cant blame them for letting him go. I dont think lin will be that good. Mainly cuz hes HURT still.

My point is melo-hate and lin-love r mutually exclusive. Two diff issues. I like felton more than lin for this team. Thats has nothing to do with melo though

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
3G4G
Member: #4333

10/27/2012  2:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2012  2:46 PM
RonRon wrote:Lin will be fine in Houston, put 4 shooters that move the ball, constant movement, with a C that sets screens, and play off his abilities to penetrate/finish/
Players that cut, run, have HIGH IQ, share the ball unselfishly, space the floor, and they will be rewarded.

Houston can play off Lin's ability to penetrate, space the floor, and constant movement.
Dragic and Lowry both were very successful playing with the same coach/system, even though I believe Dragic and Lowry >>> Lin.

Melo is one of the most over reated players in the league that is not efficient at all.
Without adding different elements to his game, he is suited to play the 6th man role similar to JR SMITH in a forward position, scoring in bunches with horrible shot selection.

Lin will miss the energy that MSG provided him with, as many of us will miss his talents.
Lin is over paid but when it comes down to it, he is 25m for 3 years like Omar Asik, while Melo and Amare make nearly as much in 1 year alone.

I would have kept Lin, moved JR Smith and Melo for openning throwing their team mate under the bus, for a cohesive unit in a heart beat.
Melo for Gereld Wallace/Kris Humphries, possibly a pick, would have solved the 3rd year 15m as Hump's contract expires in year 2.
JR Smith especially if Nets included a 1st round pick, for another player like Brandon Rush or James Johnson.

Many bash Lin for his small sample during Linsanity but Melo and Amare were unable to lead us to victories vs teams that were heading to the lottery.
We played the best basketball during that stretch, thus Linsanity, while Melo will be consistently inconsistent.
The same people praise the diva for his 18-6 stretch but leave out all the losses and inconsistency through out his career here in NY.

I don't care what number's Melo puts up during his the playoff as a Knick, the result could not have been any worse, without trading for him.
Felton was traded for a 1st round pick and Andre Miller, in addition to our own 1st round pick, 2 2nd round picks of GS, in addition to the the salary cap of Eddy Curry that we could have used to sign another play. I would much rather have Wilson Chandler/Gallo/Iggy, than Melo. Stop comparing Gallo to Melo, because we gave up much more for diva.

AR, Mosgov, Brewer, Koufous, some players that we also gave up or should have kept, recieved for our package....

Trading for Melo, we not only loss assets, players, draft picks, killed chemistry, and the salary cap that we could have used to sign a player in FA.
It is the ENTIRE package, we got back Felton, but what about the 1st round pick he was traded to Portland for, what about the 2nd picks/draft rights, we loss, cash/JJ, we loss to acquire him back?
Because of all this, we have a limited window with 3 players that do not mesh well together, with bunch of over the hill vets.

It's funny how Woodson and Melo get credit separate of each other for the 18-6 stretch. The 18-6 stretch was predominantly against crap competition but yes Melo played well. Do fans remember Gallo played well last month of a couple seasons prior to when Chandler went down with season ending ankle surgery? One of those games during that stretch he outplays Melo at the Garden? Even non Max Players, Superstars, Pure Scorers, or Role Players, Never Going to Improve Talent... is capable of doing this.

I would trade Melo to Houston for Kevin Martin and Chandler Parsons and call it good. There are 28 other similar packages I'd trade Melo for and not bat and eye or shed one tear over his departure.

It's all a matter of countdown for me

RonRon
Member: #246
10/27/2012  2:34 PM
callmened wrote:@ronron...this isnt about melo vs lin...i dont think it ever was. It was about how much is lin worth..and in my opinion he was never worth $8 mil. U cant blame them for letting him go. I dont think lin will be that good. Mainly cuz hes HURT still.

My point is melo-hate and lin-love r mutually exclusive. Two diff issues. I like felton more than lin for this team. Thats has nothing to do with melo though

it is a response to posters like Anubuss, ChuckBuck, Anji, Knickshot, and the posters that continue to bring these topics up.
I am not PRO Lin or ANTI Melo, I am for TEAM KNICKS...

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/27/2012  2:52 PM
3G4G wrote:
RonRon wrote:Lin will be fine in Houston, put 4 shooters that move the ball, constant movement, with a C that sets screens, and play off his abilities to penetrate/finish/

It is the ENTIRE package, we got back Felton, but what about the 1st round pick he was traded to Portland for, what about the 2nd picks/draft rights, we loss, cash/JJ, we loss to acquire him back?

It's funny how Woodson and Melo get credit separate of each other for the 18-6 stretch. The 18-6 stretch was predominantly against crap competition but yes Melo played well. Do fans remember Gallo played well last month of a couple seasons prior to when Chandler went down with season ending ankle surgery? One of those games during that stretch he outplays Melo at the Garden? Even non Max Players, Superstars, Pure Scorers, or Role Players, Never Going to Improve Talent... is capable of doing this.

I would trade Melo to Houston for Kevin Martin and Chandler Parsons and call it good. There are 28 other similar packages I'd trade Melo for and not bat and eye or shed one tear over his departure.

Woodson gets credit because the team as it was had been losing despite having talent and that changed when he took over. Melo gets credit because he played like the best player on the planet for the month of April. If you want to talk about crap competition and there seems to be a need to compare Lin and Melo, look at the competition for the 8-1 run during Linsanity.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
holfresh
Member: #1081

10/27/2012  2:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2012  3:01 PM
Ha...All these posters claim to have the Knicks best interest at heart, funny...You read their post and it revisionist history...Can anyone dispute the real reason the Knicks have not played up to it's potential is because Amare has been injured the last two and a half years...Can anyone dispute this fact...Melo being at the scene of the crime becomes an easy target and gets the blame...Fact is Gallo is a decent player, not a great player but decent...People here seems to think he will be great, we will see...Lin will be a decent pro as well...He is more suited to come off the bench but he will be ok...Some how Melo pissed in a few Knick fan's cereal because Lin and Gallo is no longer here...Grow Up...Lin groupies believe since he has had 20+ and 30+ scoring output with the Knicks that some how that will be his scoring averages...Felton too has had 20+ and 30+ scoring outputs with the Knicks...I'll take Felton over Lin everyday of the week and twice on Sundays because he is just a better overall player...I'll take Melo over Gallo every day as well...So for me, this makes the Knicks better period...Talk now isn't IF we make the playoffs but how far we go...That all depends on Amare's health...And dat's the truth, Ruth!!!
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

10/27/2012  3:08 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
3G4G wrote:

Woodson gets credit because the team as it was had been losing despite having talent and that changed when he took over. Melo gets credit because he played like the best player on the planet for the month of April. If you want to talk about crap competition and there seems to be a need to compare Lin and Melo, look at the competition for the 8-1 run during Linsanity.

+1

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
10/27/2012  6:47 PM
Personally I'd rather hear more about this Jimmy fellow. And what is up with the corn cracking? That is just nuts!
biglove44
Member: #4111

10/27/2012  8:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2012  9:01 PM
RonRon wrote:
callmened wrote:@ronron...this isnt about melo vs lin...i dont think it ever was. It was about how much is lin worth..and in my opinion he was never worth $8 mil. U cant blame them for letting him go. I dont think lin will be that good. Mainly cuz hes HURT still.

it is a response to posters like Anubuss, ChuckBuck, Anji, Knickshot, and the posters that continue to bring these topics up.
I am not PRO Lin or ANTI Melo, I am for TEAM KNICKS...

It's hilarious how these members, who are so against/"over" Lin, keep talking about him.

Summary of Jeremy "Gift" Lin's Pre-Season....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy