[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Summary of Jeremy "Gift" Lin's Pre-Season....
Author Thread
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
10/26/2012  12:30 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Mray20 wrote:
arkrud wrote:Lin is 22.
He is rehabbing from major injury.
He is playing with new team.
This team sucks.
The coach of this team sucks big time.
Not sure how he can show some good numbers and how they can win games.
And if he still will show good numbers and make this team better... then he is a real deal. Big deal

Lin is 24 and he did not have a major injury , it should have taken 3-6 weeks to come back not 6 months , Lin will stink it up more than he will light it up this season, because he will be asked to do too much and recreate Linsanity, he is a very good backup at best not a superstar point guard

Superstar... lol
He is just a young player with potential.
He can be anything or nothing.
This is not a point.
He is a bet Knicks never took. And this makes Knicks a bunch of losers even before the game is started.
Because if you cannot play you cannot win.
But I think this is logical and deserving.
This organization deserved to be the laughingstock of NBA and it surely is.

Would you eat crow pie, if your preseason analysis is debunked?

He said Lin was a good bet. 3 years, $25 mil is too small a salary for the term "eating crow" to even enter into the discussion. $200 mil on Melo and Amare? That's another story.

$14 million in any year (front, back, sideways) is a poor bet for a 25 game wonder. Then again the Rockets signed Omer Asik to a poison pill too so maybe Morey has some formula that says these guys will be allstars in the next 3 years.

Irrelevant. We wouldn't have had to do this kind of silly contract if we didn't have the $200 mil committed to Amare and Melo.

Lol you can't do anything about that $200 mil. You can't talk hindsight, it's done already, they're signed. Lin reneged, backloaded contract, Knicks went with plan B, cased closed.

AUTOADVERT
earthmansurfer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #858
Germany
10/26/2012  12:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2012  12:34 PM
Mray20 wrote:
This team sucks.
And if he still will show good numbers and make this team better... then he is a real deal. Big deal

Lin is 24 and he did not have a major injury , it should have taken 3-6 weeks to come back not 6 months , Lin will stink it up more than he will light it up this season, because he will be asked to do too much and recreate Linsanity, he is a very good backup at best not a superstar point guard

You are leaving out quite a bit. If a guy depends on athleticism, returning from even a minor injury can be more difficult. I think this is true moreso for Lin and here is why. Lin was playing above his normal physical standard last year. He had that crazy offseason training and his numbers really went through the roof. He has to get back to that place and not just his old self. I think injuries are going to affect
guys like that more.

I just remember how Lin turned this team around and now suddenly guys like you are predicting that he will stink it up more than not I mean that is pretty cynical and forgetful, to be fair. A young guy who played incredibly overall, suddenly stinking it up? I mean be a bit realistic.

Until we see him play another 2 seasons, how can you possibly forecast his abilities, especially considering his excellent play as essentially a rookie last year? That is pretty much ignoring what we all saw and calling it an anomaly. What we all saw last year was arguably one of the greatest basketball, if not sports story's EVER. Chew on that...

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/26/2012  12:47 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Mray20 wrote:
This team sucks.

Superstar... lol
This is not a point.
He is a bet Knicks never took. And this makes Knicks a bunch of losers even before the game is started.

He said Lin was a good bet. 3 years, $25 mil is too small a salary for the term "eating crow" to even enter into the discussion. $200 mil on Melo and Amare? That's another story.

$14 million in any year (front, back, sideways) is a poor bet for a 25 game wonder. Then again the Rockets signed Omer Asik to a poison pill too so maybe Morey has some formula that says these guys will be allstars in the next 3 years.

Irrelevant. We wouldn't have had to do this kind of silly contract if we didn't have the $200 mil committed to Amare and Melo.

Lol you can't do anything about that $200 mil. You can't talk hindsight, it's done already, they're signed. Lin reneged, backloaded contract, Knicks went with plan B, cased closed.

huh? Then we can't talk about Lin either. It's already done. He's already signed in Houston.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/26/2012  12:55 PM
Jeez, maybe lin had another injury but we are not informed?

Why the arguement to project so much?

The guy was great. MSG won't talk. Rockets way over paid for his potential and marketing power.
We did not match.

He is certainly a 5mm player, so we just all in a huff over the extra 10mm he got in year three.

Therere is no loyalty problem as I see it because:

He had to get an offer for knicks to match

and

10mm MORE is a game changer.

At 5mm per he is a knick.

Felton and the knicks need only take care of their own and its all good.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/26/2012  1:06 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Mray20 wrote:
This team sucks.

Superstar... lol
This is not a point.

huh? Then we can't talk about Lin either. It's already done. He's already signed in Houston.

Sorry, CB. I was being a little difficult there. I understand what you were saying. However, I don't think you can evaluate any one move in isolation. I've been arguing consistently that the Knicks needed to get rid of all the overpaid players on their roster, starting with the highest paid easy to move player: Carmelo. I also always opposed using the amnesty on Billups. If we want to bring the discussion arbitrarily back to mid July (when the Knicks had to make a decision on Lin), I was saying the Knicks should sign Lin but they must follow that up by moving Melo. I also would not have committed money to Felton, although I perhaps mistakenly was arguing for signing Kidd. If we want to talk about what I would have done once Wade and Lebron picked Miami 2 years ago, let's just say I don't know that even one player we have would be on the roster right now. I do like many of the players we have but I can't say that it would have worked out in a way that any of them would be on the team.
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
10/26/2012  1:18 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Mray20 wrote:
This team sucks.

Superstar... lol
This is not a point.

Sorry, CB. I was being a little difficult there. I understand what you were saying. However, I don't think you can evaluate any one move in isolation. I've been arguing consistently that the Knicks needed to get rid of all the overpaid players on their roster, starting with the highest paid easy to move player: Carmelo. I also always opposed using the amnesty on Billups. If we want to bring the discussion arbitrarily back to mid July (when the Knicks had to make a decision on Lin), I was saying the Knicks should sign Lin but they must follow that up by moving Melo. I also would not have committed money to Felton, although I perhaps mistakenly was arguing for signing Kidd. If we want to talk about what I would have done once Wade and Lebron picked Miami 2 years ago, let's just say I don't know that even one player we have would be on the roster right now. I do like many of the players we have but I can't say that it would have worked out in a way that any of them would be on the team.

No problem Bonn. I'm going to be honest here. I wanted Lin back. To be the understudy to Kidd or potentially Nash. Bench or starter, doesn't matter, as long as he learned under them. I truly believe if Lin or Houston did not reneg, he would be in a Knick uniform. Also, regarding the amnesty to Billups, I honestly thought there was going to be a move swung for CP3 or Dwight somehow, and that Amare would be deemed expendable through trade potentially. Either way, things turned out the way they did, and I do not fault Lin for going top dollar. The amnesty turned into Tyson, and he has proven his worth to the Knicks with the DPOY. I only denigrate Lin, selfishly, because of the money grab, and also because of his faux "Aww Shucks" attitude. Is he earning more money than he's really worth? Time will tell. Is his poor preseason an indicator of what's coming? I wouldn't say so, but what's really alarming is the continued turnovers, and still no left hand. Also, the finishes at the rim...doesn't look like his "Linsanity" explosiveness is there. Maybe teams figured him out? We shall see.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/26/2012  2:25 PM
And now appearing at #16 on the List of Things that Need to Go Away:
Jeremy Lin seems like a very nice young man, but I was under the impression that the whole "Linsanity" thing was over.

Maybe it was over in March after the Knicks six-game losing streak landed most of the official merch in the clearance bin. Or maybe it didn't officially end until July when the Knicks finally met a free agent they didn't want to overpay for and let Lin sign with the Rockets.

Honestly, it doesn't matter when it officially ended. The point is that it's over. I thought this was something we all came to terms with as a nation months ago, but it seems there are a few people out there who didn't get the memo. ESPN certainly didn't get the memo, but beating a dead horse is just a matter of company policy in Bristol.

(And UK, apparently)

Apparently Jeremy Lin and GQ didn't get that memo either. I actually subscribe to GQ and was unpleasantly surprised to see Lin gracing the cover of the November 2012 issue in my mailbox. In the interview Lin reveals that he got a taste of fame, and he's not ready to let it go just yet.

The 15 minutes are up. Let it go, everyone. Please.

Have a nice career Jeremy. Be careful, don't get hurt... any more. Maybe Coach Kevin will let you hold his rings. Or tell you stories about what it was like to be on Seinfeld.

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
10/26/2012  6:51 PM
I should have changed my prediction to 20 pages of this priceless thread in 10 days
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/26/2012  8:45 PM
lets make sure we update his stats tonight nupe... thanks bro...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
NUPE
Member: #4205

10/26/2012  8:47 PM
Lin has a good stat line tonight through about 3 quarters. I am not watching the game so can't say how he looks other than his stat line.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/26/2012  8:53 PM
NUPE wrote:Lin has a good stat line tonight through about 3 quarters. I am not watching the game so can't say how he looks other than his stat line.

I am watching it, he is on bench now because they are blowing out the magic.. he looked good, shot looked good, made some nice passes, ran the offense, had 2 steals, was active on defense..... Houston takes a lot of threes... dantoni would love them... haha

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
NUPE

10/26/2012  8:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2012  8:56 PM
tkf wrote:lets make sure we update his stats tonight nupe... thanks bro...

You see, you approach this with a poor mindset and agenda. I literally just posted his stats for the pre-season and you took offense to it. Lin has played well today but he is not doing anything that justifies your rancid and incessant whining the last few months.

Really, Lin is putting up Raymond Felton like stats tonight and you are getting hyped... I thought Raymond sucked?!?! LoL!

Also, I already said I plan to update this thread throughout the season. No need for you to make a request. I doubt you will make such a request if and when Lin is stinking it up...

limpidgimp
Member: #4044

10/26/2012  8:57 PM
Lin looks to have gotten back some of his rhythm. 23 min, 5-10 (3-4 for trey), 65 TS%, 13 pts, 5 AS, 2 ST, 3 RB, 0 TO.
NUPE

10/26/2012  8:58 PM
tkf wrote:
NUPE wrote:Lin has a good stat line tonight through about 3 quarters. I am not watching the game so can't say how he looks other than his stat line.

I am watching it, he is on bench now because they are blowing out the magic.. he looked good, shot looked good, made some nice passes, ran the offense, had 2 steals, was active on defense..... Houston takes a lot of threes... dantoni would love them... haha

Orlando is terrible and will get blown out for most of the season. LoL!

NUPE

10/26/2012  9:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2012  9:00 PM
limpidgimp wrote:Lin looks to have gotten back some of his rhythm. 23 min, 5-10 (3-4 for trey), 65 TS%, 13 pts, 5 AS, 2 ST, 3 RB, 0 TO.

Compared to his previous 5 games, he is looks like Michael Jordan tonight.

NUPE

10/26/2012  9:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2012  9:22 PM
NUPE wrote:It's just preseason but....

20 minutes, 1-3 (0-2 from 3), 3 points, 1 rebound, 6 assists, 3 steals, 3 turnovers
23 minutes, 2-6, 9 pts, 1 reb, 7 assists, 2 steals, 2 TO's
25 minutes, 1-10 (0-3), 4 pts, 1 reb, 1 ast, 1 stl, 2 TO's
31 minutes, 3-9 (0-3), 7 pts, 5 reb, 12 ast, 4 stl, 2 TO's
31 minutes, 1-8 (0-1), 2 pts, 3 reb, 5 ast, 2 stl, 6 TO's
23 minutes, 5-10 (3-4), 13 pts, 3 reb, 5 ast, 2 stl, 0 TO's

Updated the original post to include most recent pre-season game. Decent game, nothing special. Also, I am not intending to update this after every Rocket game. Maybe every 5 to 10 games or if he has an exceptionally great or bad game.

3G4G
Member: #4333

10/26/2012  10:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2012  10:55 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
3G4G wrote:
NUPE wrote:
3G4G wrote:

Is Winning most important or are Stats?

Even on the neighborhood playgrounds this is so even getting mopped up in your driveway it's so even on a game console it's so.....

So people have gone from predicting 20 and 10 for Lin to saying all that matters is wins as if Lin should be given the lion's share of credit for these wins while shooting awful and turning the ball over .

For my purposes, I will be tracking the "Gift's" stats.

I recall, most enamored with Linsanity had plenty to do with our 8-1 record and not the stats Lin was putting up good or bad. I could be wrong though.

and helping destroy Indy on back to back with key baskets before going down like a secretariat. 6-1 under Woodson and the Knicks weren't just winning they were wrecking teams. By far their best stretch in 12yrs

Rockets 5-2 Omir and Lin are contributing. I'm sure Mchale along with the rest of their mgmt at this point as Preseason cluncludes are encouraged more by team chemistry and winning record over whatever regular and advanced stats say about any player on their roster.

As of the here and now...... Morey is Eatin very well from the Chicken and Rice stand he owns off 53rd street

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
10/26/2012  10:43 PM
3G4G wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
3G4G wrote:
NUPE wrote:
3G4G wrote:

Even on the neighborhood playgrounds this is so even getting mopped up in your driveway it's so even on a game console it's so.....

So people have gone from predicting 20 and 10 for Lin to saying all that matters is wins as if Lin should be given the lion's share of credit for these wins while shooting awful and turning the ball over .

I recall, most enamored with Linsanity had plenty to do with our 8-1 record and not the stats Lin was putting up good or bad. I could be wrong though.

and helping destroy Indy on back to back with key baskets before going down like a secretariat. 6-1 under Woodson and the Knicks weren't just winning they were wrecking teams. By far their best stretch in 12yrs

Rockets 5-2 and Omir and Lin are contributing. I'm sure Mchale along with the rest of their mgmt at this point as Preseason cluncludes are encouraged more by team chemistry and winning record over whatever regular and advanced stats say about any player on their roster.

As of the here and now...... Morey is Eatin very from teh Chicken and Rice stand he owns off 53rd street

What do you mean by this?

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/26/2012  10:53 PM
3G4G wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
3G4G wrote:
NUPE wrote:
3G4G wrote:

Rockets 5-2 and Omir and Lin are contributing. I'm sure Mchale along with the rest of their mgmt at this point as Preseason cluncludes are encouraged more by team chemistry and winning record over whatever regular and advanced stats say about any player on their roster.

As of the here and now...... Morey is Eatin very from teh Chicken and Rice stand he owns off 53rd street

The Rocket beat writer that I follow on twitter posted several times how much better Lin was tonight and that his game was really off the entire preseason prior to this evening. My guess is Morey is sweating bullets. Getting Asik could turn out to be a great move. The Lin contract was a big risk. But dude let Courtney Lee, Dragic, and Scola go for nothing in his pursuit of Howard. He traded away Lowry for a pick and now his prize free agent signing is still recovering from knee surgery and has only had 1 good preseason game. Morey wanted Howard and made Walsh like moves to get him. Asik is a long way from Howard. Lin might be as good as Dragic and Lowry if healthy but for Morey to come out looking good this offseason it would take a miracle in my opinion. The only thing I would say is that teams are either rebuilding or they are competing for a championship. Once he missed out on Howard, he started to rebuild. The Lin contract is a bit bizzare and there maybe something to the owner pressuring management to get Lin.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
3G4G
Member: #4333

10/26/2012  10:57 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
3G4G wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
3G4G wrote:
NUPE wrote:
3G4G wrote:

As of the here and now...... Morey is Eatin very well from the Chicken and Rice stand he owns off 53rd street

What do you mean by this?

Summary of Jeremy "Gift" Lin's Pre-Season....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy