[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Summary of Jeremy "Gift" Lin's Pre-Season....
Author Thread
foosballnick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3148

10/26/2012  9:03 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Time table was 6 weeks not 3. Putting him in the 2nd round which the knicks didn't sniff without him

It's been 6 months. Arthroscopy is an outpatient procedure and if Jeremy has not regained his leg strength and explosion by now, it is perfectly acceptable to wonder what is going on. At full strength, the Knicks might have had a chance for the second round. With only Lin back, they might have made a better showing (given the lack of PG alternatives) but 2nd round was fantasy

AUTOADVERT
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
10/26/2012  9:17 AM
Didn't Ronnie Brewer have the same procedure done, and just returned for the last 2 games of preseason?

Jeremy Lin has a vag...

KnicksFE
Member: #3561

10/26/2012  9:45 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:Didn't Ronnie Brewer have the same procedure done, and just returned for the last 2 games of preseason?
Jeremy Lin has a vag...

Great for Brewer, but Lin has more than 2 preseason games for sure.

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/26/2012  9:47 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:Didn't Ronnie Brewer have the same procedure done, and just returned for the last 2 games of preseason?

Jeremy Lin has a vag...

At the time, Lin said it was the tiniest, tiniest tear possible too. Don't know what's going on with him.

I find it weird how there seems to be some pre-emptive ass covering by Lin and the Rockets before the season has even begun. First Lin's side leaks the "he hasn't fully recovered from injury" line before he played his first preseason game. Then the coaches leak the "Lin isn't putting enough effort in", then Morey leaks the "the owner wanted him more than me" line- So Lin, the coaches and the GM all seem to be distancing themselves from any good expectations of him.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/26/2012  9:54 AM
Shouldn't this be in the NBA forum?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/26/2012  9:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2012  9:59 AM
I admitted a while back that I over estimated Fields and his ceiling. I hope that if Lin doesn't pan out that some ardent Lin supporters will do the same.

As I've said more than once, still early, plenty of time for Jeremy to turn things around.

Bonn1997
USA
10/26/2012  10:02 AM
GustavBahler wrote:I admitted a while back that I over estimated Fields and his ceiling. I hope that if Lin doesn't pan out that some ardent Lin supporters will do the same.

As I've said more than once, still early, plenty of time for Jeremy to turn things around.

There's not much to really focus on here. 3 years $25 mil would make Lin paid slightly more than the average player. I kept saying the Knicks should have signed him but only if they were going to get rid of as many of the badly overpaid players on our roster as possible.
smackeddog
10/26/2012  10:03 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:Shouldn't this be in the NBA forum?

It should really. But I have a vested interest in this, in that if Lin sucks this year, it makes the decision to let him go not seem so bad. It would feel awful to see Lin prosper as a Rocket knowing we let him go for Dolan reasons...

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/26/2012  10:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2012  10:11 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:I admitted a while back that I over estimated Fields and his ceiling. I hope that if Lin doesn't pan out that some ardent Lin supporters will do the same.

There's not much to really focus on here. 3 years $25 mil would make Lin paid slightly more than the average player. I kept saying the Knicks should have signed him but only if they were going to get rid of as many of the badly overpaid players on our roster as possible.

Some posters are projecting Lin to be up there career wise with Paul, Nash, Deron, among others. That was really the focus of my post more than the contract, not saying that everyone who wanted him to stay feels that way.

I said more than once that I would have preferred that Lin was the starting PG instead of Felton even though it looks like playing with Kidd and Prigioni is starting to rub off on him. I was really looking forward to Kidd teaching him the ropes. As far as that contract situation, I hold both parties responsible. Mistakes were made by both sides IMO and I really hate cutting Dolan even an inch of slack.

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/26/2012  10:21 AM
As i said, I can't wait to revisit this thread 30 games into the season...... smh
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
smackeddog
10/26/2012  11:43 AM
tkf wrote:As i said, I can't wait to revisit this thread 30 games into the season...... smh

Wish posters had that kind of patience with the Knicks and Knick players... smh

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/26/2012  12:01 PM
Mray20 wrote:
arkrud wrote:Lin is 22.
He is rehabbing from major injury.
He is playing with new team.
This team sucks.
The coach of this team sucks big time.
Not sure how he can show some good numbers and how they can win games.
And if he still will show good numbers and make this team better... then he is a real deal. Big deal

Lin is 24 and he did not have a major injury , it should have taken 3-6 weeks to come back not 6 months , Lin will stink it up more than he will light it up this season, because he will be asked to do too much and recreate Linsanity, he is a very good backup at best not a superstar point guard

Superstar... lol
He is just a young player with potential.
He can be anything or nothing.
This is not a point.
He is a bet Knicks never took. And this makes Knicks a bunch of losers even before the game is started.
Because if you cannot play you cannot win.
But I think this is logical and deserving.
This organization deserved to be the laughingstock of NBA and it surely is.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
ChuckBuck
USA
10/26/2012  12:04 PM
arkrud wrote:
Mray20 wrote:
This team sucks.
And if he still will show good numbers and make this team better... then he is a real deal. Big deal

Lin is 24 and he did not have a major injury , it should have taken 3-6 weeks to come back not 6 months , Lin will stink it up more than he will light it up this season, because he will be asked to do too much and recreate Linsanity, he is a very good backup at best not a superstar point guard

Superstar... lol
This is not a point.
He is a bet Knicks never took. And this makes Knicks a bunch of losers even before the game is started.

Would you eat crow pie, if your preseason analysis is debunked?

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/26/2012  12:14 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Mray20 wrote:
This team sucks.

Superstar... lol
This is not a point.

No, why eat crow pie when there's always delicious helpings of Melohate to enjoy.

Bonn1997
USA
10/26/2012  12:14 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Mray20 wrote:
This team sucks.

Superstar... lol
This is not a point.

He said Lin was a good bet. 3 years, $25 mil is too small a salary for the term "eating crow" to even enter into the discussion. $200 mil on Melo and Amare? That's another story.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/26/2012  12:16 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Mray20 wrote:
This team sucks.

Superstar... lol
This is not a point.

He said Lin was a good bet. 3 years, $25 mil is too small a salary for the term "eating crow" to even enter into the discussion. $200 mil on Melo and Amare? That's another story.

Case in point. Thanks Bonn.

ChuckBuck
USA
10/26/2012  12:17 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Mray20 wrote:
This team sucks.

Superstar... lol
This is not a point.

$14 million in any year (front, back, sideways) is a poor bet for a 25 game wonder. Then again the Rockets signed Omer Asik to a poison pill too so maybe Morey has some formula that says these guys will be allstars in the next 3 years.

earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
10/26/2012  12:21 PM
tkf wrote:oh I can't wait until about 30 games into this season.. I am sure to revisit this... LOL..

That is what I will wait to see and not Lin coming off an injury in the pre-season. It is taking him longer than I thought to come back - sure, but if he says he doesn't have his explosiveness back and isn't 100%, then how much can we weigh the numbers? Quite a few guys aren't shooting good in pre-season, so I won't worry much about that. I do think he will have more problems in Houston shooting a higher percentage as he has fewer weapons around him, though he seemed to do pretty well with our backups.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
10/26/2012  12:24 PM
NUPE wrote:
tkf wrote:oh I can't wait until about 30 games into this season.. I am sure to revisit this... LOL..

All I have done is post his pre-season stats and even stated it is just pre-season. If Lin had some monster pre-season you'd be all over this board yammering "I told you so!" We both know this. Heck, you are in the most recent pre-season game thread basically attempting to claim "I told you so" in relation to Brewer! LoL!

If Lin does better, I will post those stats. If Lin continues to suck, I will post those stats. Feel free to revisit this thread anytime you like.

And many more than TKF would have been saying I told you so. But, as I said in the post above, coming off the injury, especially since Lin depends on his athleticism so much, really changes the equation. If Lin was 100% I would admit to being concerned, but I'm not. Related, I wonder how a guy like Derek Rose is going to do coming back? I mean the guy really depends on his athleticism for his game, much more than Lin imo.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
Bonn1997
USA
10/26/2012  12:26 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Mray20 wrote:
This team sucks.

Superstar... lol
This is not a point.

$14 million in any year (front, back, sideways) is a poor bet for a 25 game wonder. Then again the Rockets signed Omer Asik to a poison pill too so maybe Morey has some formula that says these guys will be allstars in the next 3 years.

Irrelevant. We wouldn't have had to do this kind of silly contract if we didn't have the $200 mil committed to Amare and Melo.

Summary of Jeremy "Gift" Lin's Pre-Season....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy