[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Summary of Jeremy "Gift" Lin's Pre-Season....
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/25/2012  9:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2012  9:26 PM
mrKnickShot wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NUPE wrote:
3G4G wrote:

Is Winning most important or are Stats?

Even on the neighborhood playgrounds this is so even getting mopped up in your driveway it's so even on a game console it's so.....

So people have gone from predicting 20 and 10 for Lin to saying all that matters is wins as if Lin should be given the lion's share of credit for these wins while shooting awful and turning the ball over .

For my purposes, I will be tracking the "Gift's" stats.

Why do you say people? I said Lin would average 20 & 10

You don't really think that, right?

Will come close this year. Won't be hard getting to 20 & 10 in a few years. He averaged 19 & 8 on 45% last year in 25 games feeding the ball to Jeffries and Fields. At 23yrs old might I add

AUTOADVERT
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

10/25/2012  9:24 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NUPE wrote:
3G4G wrote:

Even on the neighborhood playgrounds this is so even getting mopped up in your driveway it's so even on a game console it's so.....

So people have gone from predicting 20 and 10 for Lin to saying all that matters is wins as if Lin should be given the lion's share of credit for these wins while shooting awful and turning the ball over .

Will come close this year. Won't be hard getting to 20 & 10 in a few years. He averaged 19 & 8 last year in 25 games feeding the ball to Jeffries and Fields

Based on that argument, he might go 30 & 18.

3G4G
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4333

10/25/2012  9:25 PM
NUPE wrote:
3G4G wrote:

I recall, most enamored with Linsanity had plenty to do with our 8-1 record and not the stats Lin was putting up good or bad. I could be wrong though.

gunsnewing
USA
10/25/2012  9:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2012  9:29 PM
3G4G wrote:
NUPE wrote:
3G4G wrote:

I recall, most enamored with Linsanity had plenty to do with our 8-1 record and not the stats Lin was putting up good or bad. I could be wrong though.

and helping destroy Indy on back to back with key baskets before going down like a secretariat. 6-1 under Woodson and the Knicks weren't just winning they were wrecking teams. By far their best stretch in 12yrs

Mray20
Member: #3138

10/25/2012  10:04 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
mrKnickShot wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
NUPE wrote:
3G4G wrote:

Will come close this year. Won't be hard getting to 20 & 10 in a few years. He averaged 19 & 8 on 45% last year in 25 games feeding the ball to Jeffries and Fields. At 23yrs old might I add

I think Chris Paul and Tim Hardaway are the only players to average 20 and 10 in the last 20 years , anybody who thinks Lin is going to do that is out of there mind

No layups!
NUPE
Member: #4205

10/25/2012  10:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2012  10:19 PM
Well, we will see how the season plays out. Either way, this thread will be interesting I am not entrenched in this whole Lin thing. I am happy with the current the current team AND like Lin. Both can be done simultaneously.

I don't think Lin was worth the money due to glaring deficiencies but maybe he will prove me wrong. We will see.

AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
10/25/2012  10:22 PM
NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/25/2012  10:48 PM
Anywone who has watched Lin during the preseason, has he learned how to beat the trap? Or have teams not really gone hard at him yet like they did toward the end of last season?
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/25/2012  10:57 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Anywone who has watched Lin during the preseason, has he learned how to beat the trap? Or have teams not really gone hard at him yet like they did toward the end of last season?

They tried to trap him but McHale gave him help. Every time they showed some sort of trap he had either the SG or SF come up on the other side and Lin cuts hard to receive the ball back. Very reminiscent of how Ainge and DJ beat the trap. The only time Lin struggled where I thought he had a horrible game was against the Spurs. Pop gave Lin a lot of credit though as he said they game planned against him a little even though it was preseason. Pop said that he thinks Lin is a very good player right now and has a bright future. Paraphrasing a little there.

A lot of his turnovers are from attacking the rim getting fouled with no call and losing the ball. Asik, Terence Jones and Parsons are loving Lin. All 3 can run and Lin has hit all of them in strid for a fastbreak dunk shot.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/25/2012  11:02 PM
From Broussard's article,
As his struggles this preseason might indicate, Houston could end up regretting the contract it gave him. League sources have told me the Rockets' basketball people were never as high on Lin as ownership. I'm told that Rockets owner Leslie Alexander really pushed for the Lin signing, much more than the basketball side of the organization.

Lin is a solid player, but I don't believe he's a future star and certainly not one deserving of all the hoopla he has generated. I hope it works out for Lin, but because he's limited -- and because of the super target on his back that Felton referred to -- I think he could be a disappointment.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/25/2012  11:10 PM
^ I trust my eyes. You give him a chance and he will make your team better. Broussard was the same person agreeing with magic Johnson that Lin is the real deal.
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
10/25/2012  11:15 PM
20 and 10? My only prediction about anything 20/10 is that this thread will be 10 or more pages in less than 20 days.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
CrushAlot
USA
10/25/2012  11:16 PM
NYKBocker wrote:^ I trust my eyes. You give him a chance and he will make your team better. Broussard was the same person agreeing with magic Johnson that Lin is the real deal.
I think the Rockets do have a large Asian following after Yao and there was speculation that was part of the reason for the signing. Lowry and Dragic are really good. Not sure what the motivation is to let those guys go to sign Lin to poison pill contract.
CrushAlot
USA
10/25/2012  11:29 PM
NYKBocker wrote:I watched the game last night. The stats does not tell the whole story. His defense was very good. He stayed in front of his man and his steals were of the pick-your-pocket variety. He should have had at least 12 assists but teammates missing open shots. He got to the rim At will and was not getting the calls. I mean he was getting clobbered and no call. He also made the right plays that led to easy buckets. Rockets flowed smooth when he was in. Struggled when he was out.

I didn't watch the game and I think there is a lot of merit to seeing what is happening in the game. However, I find rotoworld to be a reliable source for player updates and they trashed Lin's performance.

Jeremy Lin had an ugly outing on Wednesday with two points on 1-of-8 from the field, two assists, two steals, two blocks and six turnovers on 31 minutes.His stats have been a mess this preseason with several ups and downs. He is shooting a pathetic 22.2 percent from the field this preseason, but fantasy owners shouldn't be too myopic and knock him down based on a sub-par preseason. Oct 25 - 12:55 AM
I don't know how 6 turnovers and 1-8 shooting turns into plus 10 but I don't understand that stat.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/26/2012  12:12 AM
Lin is 22.
He is rehabbing from major injury.
He is playing with new team.
This team sucks.
The coach of this team sucks big time.
Not sure how he can show some good numbers and how they can win games.
And if he still will show good numbers and make this team better... then he is a real deal. Big deal
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
10/26/2012  1:04 AM
arkrud wrote:Lin is 22.
This team sucks.
And if he still will show good numbers and make this team better... then he is a real deal. Big deal

Lin is 22.
Rehabbing 6+ months from arthroscopic surgery at 22 yrs old. Imagine if he tore his ACL, dude would be out 2 years. Microfracture surgery, he'd be out 3 years.

Shouldnt the PG make the team better? Dont good PG's make scrubs decent players?

You reaching with the excuses. He has the ball in his hands on EVERY play.

NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
10/26/2012  1:21 AM

This team sucks.

Linjamin Button can't handle 6months of recovery for an injury players come back for in 6 weeks??? LoL

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
Mray20
Member: #3138

10/26/2012  1:35 AM
This team sucks.

Lin is 24 and he did not have a major injury , it should have taken 3-6 weeks to come back not 6 months , Lin will stink it up more than he will light it up this season, because he will be asked to do too much and recreate Linsanity, he is a very good backup at best not a superstar point guard
No layups!
gunsnewing
USA
10/26/2012  1:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2012  1:39 AM
Time table was 6 weeks not 3. Putting him in the 2nd round which the knicks didn't sniff without him
DurzoBlint
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1152
USA
10/26/2012  7:21 AM
Nalod wrote:

Via Wikipedia,,,,,,,,,

When I was young I us'd to wait
On the boss and hand him his plate;
And Pass down the bottle when he got dry,
And brush away the blue tail fly.
refrain (repeated each verse):
Jimmy crack corn and I don't care,
My master's gone away.
In the two verses that follow, the singer is told to protect his master's horse from the bite of the blue-tail fly:

An' when he ride in de afternoon,
I foiler wid a hickory broom;
De poney being berry shy,
When bitten by de blue tail fly.
One day he rode aroun' de farm,
De flies so numerous dey did swarm;
One chanced to bite 'im on the thigh.
De debble take dat blue tail fly.
The horse bucks and the master is killed. The slave then escapes culpability:

De pony run, he jump an' pitch,
An' tumble massa in de ditch;
He died, an' de jury wonder'd why;
De verdic was de blue tail fly.
The references to a "jury" and a "verdic[t]" imply that the slave was criminally charged: Some sources indicate this may have referred to a coroner's inquest or police investigation, but these "slang" terms were not used outside the context of a court proceeding at the time.

They buried him 'neath the sycamore tree
His epitaph there for to see
"Beneath this stone I'm forced to lie
The victim of a blue-tailed Fly."
The modern chorus is as follows:

Jimmy cracked corn, and I don't care
My trouble's gone away.
[edit] History and interpretationDiffering sources date "Jimmy Crack Corn" from 1844[5] or 1846[6] and differ as to who authored it. One early printing attributed it to Dan Emmett.[7] However, at the time it was usual for the recorder of a folk song to take credit. It is also thought that it was not originally a blackface minstrel song, but rather of genuine African American origins. Unlike many minstrel songs, "Blue Tail Fly" was long popular among African Americans and was recorded by Big Bill Broonzy, among others. A celebrated live version was recorded by Burl Ives.[9] Folk singer Pete Seeger also made the song popular. Ives and Seeger performed the song together at the 92nd Street Y in New York City in 1993, in what turned out to be Ives' last public performance.[10]

There has been much debate over the meaning of "Jimmy Crack Corn." In the original version the lyrics read "jim crack corn." "Jim crack" or "gimcrack" means shoddily built.[11] Additionally, "corn" is considered an American euphemism for "corn whiskey." Other possibilities include:

- That "crack-corn" refers to the master "cracking" open his skull/head (the "corn" or kernal) in the fall, but the slaves were not allowed to rejoice openly, so it was done in code, "and I don't care, my master's gone away," meaning he died;
– "Gimcrack corn," cheap corn whiskey;
– That it refers to "cracking" open a jug of corn whiskey;
– That "crack-corn" is related to the (still-current) slang "cracker" for a rural Southern white.[12]
– That "crack-corn" originated from the old English term "crack," meaning gossip, and that "cracking corn" was a traditional Shenandoah expression for "sitting around chitchatting."[13]
– That the chorus refers to an overseer who, without the master, has only his bullwhip to keep the slaves in line.
Most etymologists support the first interpretation,[citation needed] as the term "cracker" appears to predate "corn-cracking." Also, "whipcracker" has no historical backing.[14] This suggests that, in the chorus, the slaves may be making whiskey and celebrating.

It is also said that Pete Seeger once maintained that the true lyrics were "gimmie cracked corn; I don't care,"[15] referencing a punishment in which a slave's rations were reduced to cracked corn and nothing else. In this case, the author would seem to have decided that this severe punishment would be worth the outcome: the death of the master.

Another interpretation is that "jimmy" was slang for a crow and that the phrase refers to crows being allowed feed in the cornfields. Normally it would have been a boy slave's responsibility to keep crows out of the corn.

The minstrel song from the same era (1840) "Jim Along, Josey" by Edward Harper may be used as a reference. In it "Jim Along" was probably the equivalent of the phrase "Get a-long," which Harper employs in the chorus of this song "Hey, get a-long, get a-long, Josey."

Hey, get a-long, Jim a-long, Jo!
Hey, get a-long, get a-long Josey,
Hey, get a-long, Jim a-long Jo!

NOW this is going to be going through my head all day now

the fact that you can't even have an unrelated thread without some tool here bringing him up make me think that rational minds are few and far between. Bunch of emotionally weak, angst riddled people. I mean, how many times can you argue the same shyt
Summary of Jeremy "Gift" Lin's Pre-Season....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy