[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Summary of Jeremy "Gift" Lin's Pre-Season....
Author Thread
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
11/15/2012  4:19 PM
Best way to really criticize Lin and his contract is to look at what other PGs are making:

Kyle Lowry is basically making $6M per.
Goran Dragic $7.5M per.

There are other bargains like Felton, Sessions, Ridnour. It may not make sense to overpay Lin considering there's so much talent at PG around the league and you can find cheap bargains. The Knicks were in a unique position where because they had Bird Rights they were the only team with the ability to pay him without sacrificing any roster flexibiility at all. We're way over $74 M every season for the next 3 years anyway and thus don't have the midlevel or any exceptions really.

At the end of 3 seasons we'll all see if Lin as grossly overpaid, a bargain or somewhere in between. At that point this thread will be 5,000 pages.

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/15/2012  4:20 PM
What do you think of Patrick Patterson and Marcus Morris? If that enough in the frontcourt? Asik is good but not great
gunsnewing
USA
11/15/2012  4:22 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
tkf wrote:
NUPE wrote:Long story short is that Lin has not played well, thus far, and the Knicks came out for the better - for now - with Felton, Kidd and Prig.

Lin will improve but the Knicks don't have the luxury of waiting for their starting pg to improve since they are in a position to compete now unlike the Rockets.

I will say I did not think Lin would be as bad as he has. I am actually surprised.

take away his shooting % which is at 35% do you really think 11/4.5 boards and 6 dimes a game is BAD? really? I surely don't expect his shooting to stay at 35%.... If I told anyone pretty much a rookie player is avg 11/6/4, they would go nuts, we tell you his name is lin... and it is BAD... go figure..

Right. Plus 2.5 steals. I'd expect him to get his FG% up but he is in a pretty bad situation in Houston. Only 1 of his 14 teammates is a good offensive player.

exactly he's in a terrible situation but he chose to flirt Houston. I still think Houston is one frontcourt player and a new coach away from contending for the playoffs. They need to utilize lin and harden's playmaking ability with a big who runs PnR. Hell maybe they get desperate and take Amare off our hands

Pipe dream but doubt Morey is THAT desperate. Utah has Al Jefferson and Millsap and have to choose one of them and trade the other. Probably keeping Favors.

I think they still have enough cap space for a max FA --> Josh Smith is a FA after this season.

Yea can definitely see Josh Smith, Al Jeff or Millsap doing there. Should be a fun team to watch

GodSaveTheKnicks
USA
11/15/2012  4:23 PM
gunsnewing wrote:What do you think of Patrick Patterson and Marcus Morris? If that enough in the frontcourt? Asik is good but not great

They both have shown flashes of looking good. D-League looks like it really helped Marcus Morris. I love me some Omer Asik. he looks funny. he plays hard. he protects the rim. he looks crazy trying to finish layups sometimes. it's all very entertaining.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/15/2012  4:23 PM
NUPE wrote:
tkf wrote:
NUPE wrote:Long story short is that Lin has not played well, thus far, and the Knicks came out for the better - for now - with Felton, Kidd and Prig.

Lin will improve but the Knicks don't have the luxury of waiting for their starting pg to improve since they are in a position to compete now unlike the Rockets.

I will say I did not think Lin would be as bad as he has. I am actually surprised.

take away his shooting % which is at 35% do you really think 11/4.5 boards and 6 dimes a game is BAD? really? I surely don't expect his shooting to stay at 35%.... If I told anyone pretty much a rookie player is avg 11/6/4, they would go nuts, we tell you his name is lin... and it is BAD... go figure..

The problem is you can't simply ignore fg% and a steep decline in his scoring simply to make him look better. You can't ignore his shaky ball handling in order to make him look better. His boards and assists are average for a starting pg. His steals are elite though. The totality of his stats are clearly underwhelming. I don't see how anyone can attempt to say otherwise.

Also, Lin is not a rookie. I wish people would stop pretending he were. Lin has been in and around the NBA for two to three years now. He was on an NBA team for practically all of last year. He is not a rookie. He is not on a rookie contract. STOP IT!

I have been watching all Rocket games. Like what tkf said, Lin's only blemish is his 3pt shooting. His overall game is really good. The last couple of games Lin even showed his shot blocking abilities.

His handle is pretty good. His long fast break passes even got better from the Linsanity times. Patrick Patterson, Morris, Parsons and Asik keep messing up the layups. I would love to see Terrence Jones and Greg Smith get more burn.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/15/2012  4:25 PM
gunsnewing wrote:What do you think of Patrick Patterson and Marcus Morris? If that enough in the frontcourt? Asik is good but not great

I would rather have Terrence Jones, Greg Smith and Donata get more burn than these guys. I hate it when Lin calls Patterson to come up for a PnR and he waves him off.

gunsnewing
USA
11/15/2012  4:26 PM
yea basically Houston needs to upgrade its frontcourt
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/15/2012  4:26 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:Best way to really criticize Lin and his contract is to look at what other PGs are making:

Kyle Lowry is basically making $6M per.
Goran Dragic $7.5M per.

There are other bargains like Felton, Sessions, Ridnour. It may not make sense to overpay Lin considering there's so much talent at PG around the league and you can find cheap bargains. The Knicks were in a unique position where because they had Bird Rights they were the only team with the ability to pay him without sacrificing any roster flexibiility at all. We're way over $74 M every season for the next 3 years anyway and thus don't have the midlevel or any exceptions really.

At the end of 3 seasons we'll all see if Lin as grossly overpaid, a bargain or somewhere in between. At that point this thread will be 5,000 pages.

+1 Both Lowry and Dragic are making less annually than Lin, are around the same age and are both clearly superior to Lin.

Also, they both played for the Rockets last year lol.

Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
11/15/2012  4:53 PM
Let be real...the only reason this thread was created, and so hot now, was because TkF & 3G were trolling the site about how letting Lin go was the end of the world and Melo is the anti-christ.

Regardless of what anyone is saying, this thread is a big "I told you so" and for that reason alone, it should be locked.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/15/2012  5:10 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:Let be real...the only reason this thread was created, and so hot now, was because TkF & 3G were trolling the site about how letting Lin go was the end of the world and Melo is the anti-christ.

Regardless of what anyone is saying, this thread is a big "I told you so" and for that reason alone, it should be locked.

I think you got it reversed. The person who posted this thread wanted to say "I told you so" about how bad Lin is.
IrishKnickFan
Member: #4171

11/15/2012  5:13 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:Let be real...the only reason this thread was created, and so hot now, was because TkF & 3G were trolling the site about how letting Lin go was the end of the world and Melo is the anti-christ.

The person who made this thread hates lin so how the hell did you come up with that assumption?

Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
11/15/2012  5:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2012  5:20 PM
Wow, I didn't think Swishs post was that hard to follow. Color me wrong.
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/15/2012  5:21 PM
Anji wrote:Wow, I didn't think Swishs post was that hard to follow. Color me wrong.

It wasn't hard to follow, but it was erroneous.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/15/2012  5:23 PM
IrishKnickFan wrote:

The person who made this thread hates lin so how the hell did you come up with that assumption?

I think he is saying that because of what those two said the thread creator started an "i told you so" thread

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/15/2012  5:48 PM
I don't think anyone hates Lin. I do know that personally I get tired of hearing what colossal mistake it was not to match Houston's contract offer. There were a lot of reasons not to match the contract. The Knicks are doing great and an assessment from a small ample size would indicate the rockets overpaid for Lin.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NUPE
Member: #4205

11/15/2012  6:40 PM
I made this thread to keep all the Lin hyperbole in one single location. If not for this thread there would several different Lin threads, easily.

I don't hate Lin. I just don't think he is a Gift and I don't think he is a special player.

GodSaveTheKnicks
USA
11/15/2012  7:21 PM
NUPE wrote:I made this thread to keep all the Lin hyperbole in one single location.

sorry. revisionist bull****. you may have moderated now but the purpose of the thread was pretty clear.

NUPE
Member: #4205

11/15/2012  7:29 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
NUPE wrote:I made this thread to keep all the Lin hyperbole in one single location.

sorry. revisionist bull****. you may have moderated now but the purpose of the thread was pretty clear.

No need to revise a thing. I don't give a crap about what you or anyone on a sports message board thinks of me.

My reason for making the thread was to consolidate the inevitable Lin performance talk into a single thread. It has worked. We have one thread instead of a new Lin thread every two to three games.

It just so happens that Lin has generally sucked thus far this reg. season. Thus, whiners claim I made this thread to hate on Lin - as if I had a crystal ball that told me Lin would suck a few weeks ago when I made this thread. LoL!

GodSaveTheKnicks
USA
11/15/2012  7:36 PM
NUPE wrote:
DurzoBlint wrote:if I'm going to flame the Pro-Lin threads, I might as well flame the negative ones too

jimmy crack corn and I don't care, jimmy crack corn and I don't care, jimmy crack corn and I don't care the masters gone away.

I embrace your flames, kind sir. I will keep my watch of Lin and Felton, stat-wise, in this thread for the duration of the upcoming season.

Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
11/15/2012  10:06 PM
DurzoBlint is the truth!!!!!
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
Summary of Jeremy "Gift" Lin's Pre-Season....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy