[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Summary of Jeremy "Gift" Lin's Pre-Season....
Author Thread
Syniko
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3969

11/15/2012  1:53 PM
It wasn't a Dolan hates Lin scenario. It was more of a Dolan's pride was bruised when Rockets matched the offer. If no offer were match and Lin came back with nothing, Dolan would have signed Lin.

And who are we to know that Lin wasn't going to start off playing like his old self again under Woodson? Rockets games are far, far different from Woodson. Woodson wants Lin to control the tempo and feed the ball to EVERYONE.

McHale wants Lin to feed the ball only to Harden and then park the corner 3. No tempo, no flux, no wavelengths, no chemistry, nothing. Harden stops the flow of the game all the time because EVERYONE around him spectates. Occasionally he'll pass the ball somewhere but you could almost always tell the guy is going to take the shot base on his dribbles.

Watching last night's Houston/New Orlean's game. I could almost hear Woodson yelling at Lin when he is parked on the 3 point line. "You're not the SHOOTER, Lin, MOVE...LET'S GO."

And during the timeout Woodson would grill Lin for camping the perimeter. "Position yourself mid-range, Lin, don't settle for outside shot. Attack, kick...pass. Draw your defender in with you and kick the ball out."

AUTOADVERT
Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
11/15/2012  1:54 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
Anji wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
So far this season he's had some pretty solid games and some underwhelming ones. I guess I'll try to stay away from this thread until maybe the all star break. or the end of his contract with Houston. Or I'll be back on in like 15 minutes.

+10000

LOL

Andrew/Martin what is the longest thread in UK history?

Also in your expert opinion most polarizing Knicks player post Ewing/Starks teams

- Starbury
- Melo
- Crawford
- Lin

??

Of all 4 of those players I would think Lin gave us the most ridiculously fun stretch of basketball. Crawford gave us his crazy game winning shot in Denver.

Also, does anyone know if Ultimate Chicago Bulls has a thread on Omer "The Gift" Asik ?

I know i'm not one of the big 2 the question is directed to, but polarizing doesn't even begin to describe what Jeremy Lin is.

This to me is just below the realm of politics and two notches below Religion. I don't know what it is, but it approaches cult status imo.

Does Omer have a thread??? You don't even have to Asik.

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
11/15/2012  1:57 PM
Anji wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
Anji wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
So far this season he's had some pretty solid games and some underwhelming ones. I guess I'll try to stay away from this thread until maybe the all star break. or the end of his contract with Houston. Or I'll be back on in like 15 minutes.

+10000

LOL

Also in your expert opinion most polarizing Knicks player post Ewing/Starks teams

- Starbury
- Melo
- Crawford
- Lin

??

Of all 4 of those players I would think Lin gave us the most ridiculously fun stretch of basketball. Crawford gave us his crazy game winning shot in Denver.

Also, does anyone know if Ultimate Chicago Bulls has a thread on Omer "The Gift" Asik ?

I know i'm not one of the big 2 the question is directed to, but polarizing doesn't even begin to describe what Jeremy Lin is.

This to me is just below the realm of politics and two notches below Religion. I don't know what it is, but it approaches cult status imo.

You know what's hilarious. If you could go back in time, you could do some awesome stuff true. But on the way you could go back to last season and go on this forum during the height of Linsanity and say "By August half of you will be describing this kid as a selfish, two faced teammate and be glad he is gone." and just get the reaction.

Et tu Brute?

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/15/2012  1:58 PM
Anji wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
Anji wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:

+10000

LOL

- Starbury
- Melo
- Crawford
- Lin

??

I can't believe Landry Fields can't get a single thread...

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/15/2012  2:01 PM
I already did that. 98% of the people killing Lin now are the same people gushing about Linsanity in numerous old threads. Don't believe me Google it. If Brewer, JR and Felton were traded today people would be bashing them the same way. Some say this attitude makes you a "REAL" Knick fan
IrishKnickFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4171

11/15/2012  2:05 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I already did that. 98% of the people killing Lin now are the same people gushing about Linsanity in numerous old threads. Don't believe me Google it. If Brewer, JR and Felton were traded today people would be bashing them the same way. Some say this attitude makes you a "REAL" Knick fan

Exactly. I mean some guys that we got rid of im happy about like eddy curry and marbury because they didnt give a damn

Anji
USA
11/15/2012  2:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2012  2:09 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
Anji wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
Anji wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:

+10000

LOL

- Starbury
- Melo
- Crawford
- Lin

??

You know what's hilarious. If you could go back in time, you could do some awesome stuff true. But on the way you could go back to last season and go on this forum during the height of Linsanity and say "By August half of you will be describing this kid as a selfish, two faced teammate and be glad he is gone." and just get the reaction.

Et tu Brute?

I can't speak for everybody else, but Lin had an all-time great 9 game run, but after that he hasn't been anything to "Julius Cear" anybody in the back over.

And I've felt that way for a while now, no Flip-Flop John Kerry in me.

http://mads.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=42047&page=1

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
gunsnewing
USA
11/15/2012  2:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2012  2:11 PM
I can respect that. You are part of the 2 or 3%

What were you saying during Linsanity though not late May?

Anji
USA
11/15/2012  2:16 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I can respect that. You are part of the 2 or 3%

What were you saying during Linsanity though not late May?

I don't know, what everybody else was saying??? Good win, we should beat _______ team, we can take the 6th-4th Seed. Regular team playing well stuff.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/15/2012  2:39 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I already did that. 98% of the people killing Lin now are the same people gushing about Linsanity in numerous old threads. Don't believe me Google it. If Brewer, JR and Felton were traded today people would be bashing them the same way. Some say this attitude makes you a "REAL" Knick fan

The only poster that never liked Lin was AnubisADL back in the Linsanity times.

NUPE
Member: #4205

11/15/2012  2:54 PM
Long story short is that Lin has not played well, thus far, and the Knicks came out for the better - for now - with Felton, Kidd and Prig.

Lin will improve but the Knicks don't have the luxury of waiting for their starting pg to improve since they are in a position to compete now unlike the Rockets.

I will say I did not think Lin would be as bad as he has. I am actually surprised.

holfresh
Member: #1081

11/15/2012  3:19 PM
NYKBocker wrote:

The only poster that never liked Lin was AnubisADL back in the Linsanity times.

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=41113&page=1

gunsnewing
USA
11/15/2012  3:20 PM
I've said it before holfresh and anubis the only 2
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/15/2012  3:44 PM

THIS IS why i laugh at all the " good feeling threads" the love carmelo and love Brewer threads... how can you really take them serious when they were viewed as scrubs and knuckleheads adn selfish before they got here, and will be ridiculed as soon as they leave.... it makes no sense, whatsoever..

I am not one who likes to bump up old threads, but boy it would be interesting to see those bashing lin now had to say during linsanity...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/15/2012  3:48 PM
NUPE wrote:Long story short is that Lin has not played well, thus far, and the Knicks came out for the better - for now - with Felton, Kidd and Prig.

Lin will improve but the Knicks don't have the luxury of waiting for their starting pg to improve since they are in a position to compete now unlike the Rockets.

I will say I did not think Lin would be as bad as he has. I am actually surprised.

take away his shooting % which is at 35% do you really think 11/4.5 boards and 6 dimes a game is BAD? really? I surely don't expect his shooting to stay at 35%.... If I told anyone pretty much a rookie player is avg 11/6/4, they would go nuts, we tell you his name is lin... and it is BAD... go figure..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/15/2012  3:54 PM
tkf wrote:
NUPE wrote:Long story short is that Lin has not played well, thus far, and the Knicks came out for the better - for now - with Felton, Kidd and Prig.

take away his shooting % which is at 35% do you really think 11/4.5 boards and 6 dimes a game is BAD? really? I surely don't expect his shooting to stay at 35%.... If I told anyone pretty much a rookie player is avg 11/6/4, they would go nuts, we tell you his name is lin... and it is BAD... go figure..

Right. Plus 2.5 steals. I'd expect him to get his FG% up but he is in a pretty bad situation in Houston. Only 1 of his 14 teammates is a good offensive player.
gunsnewing
USA
11/15/2012  4:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2012  4:08 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
tkf wrote:

Right. Plus 2.5 steals. I'd expect him to get his FG% up but he is in a pretty bad situation in Houston. Only 1 of his 14 teammates is a good offensive player.

exactly he's in a terrible situation but he chose to flirt Houston. I still think Houston is one frontcourt player and a new coach away from contending for the playoffs. They need to utilize lin and harden's playmaking ability with a big who runs PnR. Hell maybe they get desperate and take Amare off our hands. But the Knicks don't do trades without getting fleeced in the deal so Shumpert would be a goner. Despite how great Grunwald has been

GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
11/15/2012  4:13 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
tkf wrote:

exactly he's in a terrible situation but he chose to flirt Houston. I still think Houston is one frontcourt player and a new coach away from contending for the playoffs. They need to utilize lin and harden's playmaking ability with a big who runs PnR. Hell maybe they get desperate and take Amare off our hands

Pipe dream but doubt Morey is THAT desperate. Utah has Al Jefferson and Millsap and have to choose one of them and trade the other. Probably keeping Favors.

I think they still have enough cap space for a max FA --> Josh Smith is a FA after this season.

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/15/2012  4:16 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
tkf wrote:

exactly he's in a terrible situation but he chose to flirt Houston. I still think Houston is one frontcourt player and a new coach away from contending for the playoffs. They need to utilize lin and harden's playmaking ability with a big who runs PnR. Hell maybe they get desperate and take Amare off our hands. But the Knicks don't do trades without getting fleeced in the deal so Shumpert would be a goner. Despite how great Grunwald has been

I actually think they are just a coaching change away from making some noise. I like the front court players they have. Well, maybe not Parsons. So I will say that they are 1 coaching change, 1 SF and 1 backup PG away from making some serious noise.

NUPE
Member: #4205

11/15/2012  4:19 PM
tkf wrote:

The problem is you can't simply ignore fg% and a steep decline in his scoring simply to make him look better. You can't ignore his shaky ball handling in order to make him look better. His boards and assists are average for a starting pg. His steals are elite though. The totality of his stats are clearly underwhelming. I don't see how anyone can attempt to say otherwise.

Also, Lin is not a rookie. I wish people would stop pretending he were. Lin has been in and around the NBA for two to three years now. He was on an NBA team for practically all of last year. He is not a rookie. He is not on a rookie contract. STOP IT!

Summary of Jeremy "Gift" Lin's Pre-Season....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy