[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Summary of Jeremy "Gift" Lin's Pre-Season....
Author Thread
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/15/2012  12:55 PM
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
tkf wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:Of course it's two different players. Too different situations. Different teams. Coaches. Teammates. Fans. The whole 9. The only one to blame for this, is Jeremy Lin himself. No one physically forced Lin to sign a contract so high, in which the Knicks front office were forced to then have seconds thoughts. If he's ran out of the league or becomes a gigantic bust? Lin only has himself to blame for this. A true Knick at heart doesn't play 26 amazing games, makes a name for himself with rocking our iniform, the only team in which truly gave him a chance, the franchise that saved his basketball dream, a player who's now loved by the city, treated like a royal king, praised and repsected etc, etc and signs a contract so large, with the same exact team who cut him as practice trash. Then says he wishes he were still a Knick. He took his money, Most men and players would. It is what it is. Good for Lin, he's now a millionaire for life despite the fact that New York's marketing would've made him a potential billionaire (possibly).

If this isn't a good offensive system for Lin, it's his fault. He went to Harvard, right? He shoudl've used common sense, and remembered how he was treated with Houston his first go around. What type of offensive system they used/ran. He made a mentail mistake signing with the Rockets, of all teams. The truly great one's, the truly special one's, dominate the game of basketball regardless of head coach. From Jordan, to Shaq, Kobe, all the way back to Carmelo Anthony... The elite offensive players stand out. The cream always rises to the top. Not the ideal situation for Jeremy Lin? Was he then a product of a Mike D'Antoni coached/ran offense? He can't adjust on the fly? That sounds like a personal problem for Lin, not something die hard N.Y fans should feel sorry about. Not something Knick fans shouldn't mention in regards to his box score numbers and/or production on the basketball court.

Melo can be harped all over, and judged, and so can J.R Smith and Stoudemire, but yet.. Lin is too protected for that? Getting the Tebow treatment due to being a good person as if most players aren't? Is it because he's an underdog? Why do some fans of this franchise protect Lin from his critics? Melo's Nuggets franchise missed the playoffs during (I believe) 7-8 consecutive years without a playoff birth. Then the drafting of Melo happened. And that was that, during the elite/golden years of the Western Conference power house teams too. Denver then went on to land 7-8 consecutive trips to the postseason with Melo leading that franchise (on his back). Lets see if Jeremy Lin can do the same for a Houston franchise. If he's a franchise player, he'll rise to the top. If not? He'll continue to be mocked and rightfully so.

Great post

I never bought into this whole "Linsanity" but I never wished him ill will when he left and quite surprised at his performance thus far...I'm sure it will get better. This year, next yeat..after a coaching change but honestly.........who cares.

Like ChuckBuck said...Lets move on.

Some people and fans are stuck loving the "idea" of Linsanity. The Asian Christian boy from Harvard that could.

Honest truth, Jeremy Lin the player, he's just average or below average. No ways around it. Stats support this. Performances and the "eye test" support this. 26 game spike cannot remove who you are.

NBA is a bottom line league. "A proof is in the pudding league". Like many said and the originator Sheed said "Ball don't Lie"

SO you should completely understand why some of us didn't want anything do to do with melo.. as you said, " the proof is in the pudding".. the NBA is a bottom line league..

Ok.. bottom line

Carmelo has the worst playoff record of any player in the history of the NBA that has played at least 50 playoff games. He is the biggest loser

For a guy making max money and being treated as a franchise player, he never in his 9 year career, won an MVP, a scoring title, made first team all NBA, never made any all defense teams... FACT

Yea, this is a Bottom line league, and melo's bottom line sucks... so YOU out of all people after making such statements, about a guy who hasn't even played a full season in lin, should be even more willing to admit what some of feel about carmelo who has 9 year of work to look at. HE is just another volume chucker from west baltimore( I am not even giving him any Brooklyn cred), who is a talented streak scorer who is really just a good, not great, all around player.. Right?

Ehh...Same could've been said about other perennial all stars Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Pau Gasol before they "superteamed".

You're comparing Carmelo Anthony to Jeremy Lin, no comparison. One was drafted high, made the playoffs every year of his career, 5 All Star games, 2nd and 3rd Team All NBA Teams, USA Basketball Gold medalist. The other was a never was.

You're letting your bias show as usual.

Look Im not comparing lin to melo at all but be honest you are a little biased yourself for your hatred for lin. Now i agree the contract was too much but lin is a good guy

Just calling a spade a spade. He made a money grab, he got it. I don't bear ill will towards him. He put himself before the team. So be it. People talk about JR Smith being a bonehead and not their cup of tea player, but he sacrificed multi millions and potential injury to settle for a meager 2 yr deal that's a fraction of one of Lin's years. One is balling, one is not. Lin is a mediocre player, and JR is a key cog and potential 6th man of the year on a playoff contending team.

Where is the money grab? Knicks said go get an offer and we will match up to a billion dollars. Knicks never offered a contract. What exactly is Lin's option?

He renegotiated with Morey and Houston. The first contract was $5m/$5m/$9m which is more than fair value.

He didn't renegotiate. Morey played Dolan. Wanted to see where Dolan stands and when he mentioned anything to a billion dollars, Morey threw a hail mary pass with the poison pill contract. Again, Morey never offered 5/5/9 contract for Lin to sign. The biggest mistake was on the Knicks. They should have offered the max that they can offer which was the full MLE. If Lin did not sign that then I agree about the money grab.

Actually Lin did. He flew out to meet with Morey in Vegas during summer league to up the deal.

Again you seem to be missing an important point. The Knicks told him they would match any offer. Dolan should have never said that

Hate on Dolan all you want. He made the right business choice. $14mill in 1 season for an average player is ridiculous on so many levels. I'm happy the Knicks didn't match, we wouldn't have all this depth then.

AUTOADVERT
earthmansurfer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #858
Germany
11/15/2012  12:56 PM
holfresh wrote:
Listen, I have and will always maintained, JR and Novak wanted to be her and made it happen..If Lin wanted to be here then he would be here...But I wont hate on him now...Maybe he thought with his skills the scrutiny would be unmanageable in NY...Frankly I'm happy he is Houston's problem...

What teams offered JR and Novak contracts? Only the Knicks. If Novak would have been offered the same contract as Lin by Houston, do you really think he would have stayed? Would we have matched? JR I can imagine taking the Knicks offer over better offers, but not immensely better offers. Further, who were Knick fans wanting back most of all? I mean was it even close? There was Linsanity here, not JRSanity or NovakSanity. It isn't exactly fair to compare the cases, but since you did my points are the only real facts we know.

The thing that we do know about Lin, is that the Knicks told Lin to get an offer. They could have offered him the max allowable, just as a good will but didn't. The story I read (not sure of the validity) said the Knicks didn't even want to do that. Whether true or not on that last point, Lin did what the Knicks told him to do. We can't argue that point. Beyond that it is personal opinion with no first hand understanding. To go further, Lin had nothing to do with the Houston offer. His agent didn't go back and ask for more. There have been zero articles stating that that actually happened. Anything that mentions that, is pure speculation.

Now, lots of Lin Lovers or Lin Haters may back eachother up here, to be expected. I do like Lin, but what I posted above is what we know happened, and not my personal feelings.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
ChuckBuck
USA
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:I already know how you feel about Carmelo and JR, so you don't have to defend yourself.

Last I checked, we're the only undefeated team left with players on the roster that only know playoffs and winning.

Rockets and Lin...I've said my peace already. He's an average player on a young upstart team. It's possible they could potentially squeeze into the 8th seed, but I find it hard to believe with these teams:

LA
LA
OKC
San Antonio
Memphis
Dallas
Denver
Utah

It's conceivable they can leapfrog Utah or Denver, but probably not.

Agree with all these except maybe Dallas. Utah looks good.

Dallas could make a late push, depending on Dirk's health.

IrishKnickFan
Member: #4171

ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
tkf wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:Of course it's two different players. Too different situations. Different teams. Coaches. Teammates. Fans. The whole 9. The only one to blame for this, is Jeremy Lin himself. No one physically forced Lin to sign a contract so high, in which the Knicks front office were forced to then have seconds thoughts. If he's ran out of the league or becomes a gigantic bust? Lin only has himself to blame for this. A true Knick at heart doesn't play 26 amazing games, makes a name for himself with rocking our iniform, the only team in which truly gave him a chance, the franchise that saved his basketball dream, a player who's now loved by the city, treated like a royal king, praised and repsected etc, etc and signs a contract so large, with the same exact team who cut him as practice trash. Then says he wishes he were still a Knick. He took his money, Most men and players would. It is what it is. Good for Lin, he's now a millionaire for life despite the fact that New York's marketing would've made him a potential billionaire (possibly).

If this isn't a good offensive system for Lin, it's his fault. He went to Harvard, right? He shoudl've used common sense, and remembered how he was treated with Houston his first go around. What type of offensive system they used/ran. He made a mentail mistake signing with the Rockets, of all teams. The truly great one's, the truly special one's, dominate the game of basketball regardless of head coach. From Jordan, to Shaq, Kobe, all the way back to Carmelo Anthony... The elite offensive players stand out. The cream always rises to the top. Not the ideal situation for Jeremy Lin? Was he then a product of a Mike D'Antoni coached/ran offense? He can't adjust on the fly? That sounds like a personal problem for Lin, not something die hard N.Y fans should feel sorry about. Not something Knick fans shouldn't mention in regards to his box score numbers and/or production on the basketball court.

Melo can be harped all over, and judged, and so can J.R Smith and Stoudemire, but yet.. Lin is too protected for that? Getting the Tebow treatment due to being a good person as if most players aren't? Is it because he's an underdog? Why do some fans of this franchise protect Lin from his critics? Melo's Nuggets franchise missed the playoffs during (I believe) 7-8 consecutive years without a playoff birth. Then the drafting of Melo happened. And that was that, during the elite/golden years of the Western Conference power house teams too. Denver then went on to land 7-8 consecutive trips to the postseason with Melo leading that franchise (on his back). Lets see if Jeremy Lin can do the same for a Houston franchise. If he's a franchise player, he'll rise to the top. If not? He'll continue to be mocked and rightfully so.

Great post

I never bought into this whole "Linsanity" but I never wished him ill will when he left and quite surprised at his performance thus far...I'm sure it will get better. This year, next yeat..after a coaching change but honestly.........who cares.

Some people and fans are stuck loving the "idea" of Linsanity. The Asian Christian boy from Harvard that could.

Honest truth, Jeremy Lin the player, he's just average or below average. No ways around it. Stats support this. Performances and the "eye test" support this. 26 game spike cannot remove who you are.

NBA is a bottom line league. "A proof is in the pudding league". Like many said and the originator Sheed said "Ball don't Lie"

SO you should completely understand why some of us didn't want anything do to do with melo.. as you said, " the proof is in the pudding".. the NBA is a bottom line league..

Ok.. bottom line

Carmelo has the worst playoff record of any player in the history of the NBA that has played at least 50 playoff games. He is the biggest loser

For a guy making max money and being treated as a franchise player, he never in his 9 year career, won an MVP, a scoring title, made first team all NBA, never made any all defense teams... FACT

Yea, this is a Bottom line league, and melo's bottom line sucks... so YOU out of all people after making such statements, about a guy who hasn't even played a full season in lin, should be even more willing to admit what some of feel about carmelo who has 9 year of work to look at. HE is just another volume chucker from west baltimore( I am not even giving him any Brooklyn cred), who is a talented streak scorer who is really just a good, not great, all around player.. Right?

Ehh...Same could've been said about other perennial all stars Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Pau Gasol before they "superteamed".

You're comparing Carmelo Anthony to Jeremy Lin, no comparison. One was drafted high, made the playoffs every year of his career, 5 All Star games, 2nd and 3rd Team All NBA Teams, USA Basketball Gold medalist. The other was a never was.

Look Im not comparing lin to melo at all but be honest you are a little biased yourself for your hatred for lin. Now i agree the contract was too much but lin is a good guy

Just calling a spade a spade. He made a money grab, he got it. I don't bear ill will towards him. He put himself before the team. So be it. People talk about JR Smith being a bonehead and not their cup of tea player, but he sacrificed multi millions and potential injury to settle for a meager 2 yr deal that's a fraction of one of Lin's years. One is balling, one is not. Lin is a mediocre player, and JR is a key cog and potential 6th man of the year on a playoff contending team.

Where is the money grab? Knicks said go get an offer and we will match up to a billion dollars. Knicks never offered a contract. What exactly is Lin's option?

He renegotiated with Morey and Houston. The first contract was $5m/$5m/$9m which is more than fair value.

He didn't renegotiate. Morey played Dolan. Wanted to see where Dolan stands and when he mentioned anything to a billion dollars, Morey threw a hail mary pass with the poison pill contract. Again, Morey never offered 5/5/9 contract for Lin to sign. The biggest mistake was on the Knicks. They should have offered the max that they can offer which was the full MLE. If Lin did not sign that then I agree about the money grab.

Actually Lin did. He flew out to meet with Morey in Vegas during summer league to up the deal.

Again you seem to be missing an important point. The Knicks told him they would match any offer. Dolan should have never said that

Hate on Dolan all you want. He made the right business choice. $14mill in 1 season for an average player is ridiculous on so many levels. I'm happy the Knicks didn't match, we wouldn't have all this depth then.

Chuck I never said he should have. In fact i've said about 3 times im happy they didnt match. But dolan should have never said taht in teh first place
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/15/2012  12:58 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:Actually Lin did. He flew out to meet with Morey in Vegas during summer league to up the deal.

Did he go to Vegas to sign the deal or renegotiate it? Did the Rockets GM up the offer because the Knicks Coach had publicly stated they would match or did Lin ask for more money? You don't know. No fan really knows.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
ChuckBuck
USA
11/15/2012  12:59 PM
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
tkf wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Great post

Ok.. bottom line

Chuck I never said he should have. In fact i've said about 3 times im happy they didnt match. But dolan should have never said taht in teh first place

Dolan gets egg in his face for saying that for sure. Business wise, the decision paid off, as the Knicks were able to fill out the rest of the roster with vital parts.

IrishKnickFan

11/15/2012  1:02 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
tkf wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Great post

Ok.. bottom line

Dolan gets egg in his face for saying that for sure. Business wise, the decision paid off, as the Knicks were able to fill out the rest of the roster with vital parts.

I agree but you still have no valid point for thinking lin is selfish/coniving player. Dolan told him to get offered which he did, even woodson said lin would absolutely be back. Im happy with the team we have now but there is no reason to get mad at lin he did nothing wrong
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
11/15/2012  1:03 PM
jrodmc wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
holfresh wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
tkf wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Great post

Ok.. bottom line

I thought everyone excepted that as fact..I can't believe people are still in denial or pretending like it didn't happen..And no all players don't do that...

It's true. I mean, look at all the restricted free agents this offseason. Not all of them just blindly and selfishly signed large offers sheets offered to them without first asking themselves:

Could my former team match this offer?
If not, shouldn't I put the team before myself and either ask the team who put the offer sheet in to lower it so they can match or just tear that offer sheet up and ask my former team to just give me whatever they can spare?

I think if you take a look at the restricted free agents from this past offseason and at NBA history in general you'll really open your eyes and see Jeremy Lin for what he really is guys. Trust me.

Listen, I have and will always maintained, JR and Novak wanted to be her and made it happen..If Lin wanted to be here then he would be here...But I wont hate on him now...Maybe he thought with his skills the scrutiny would be unmanageable in NY...Frankly I'm happy he is Houston's problem...

This is the healthiest outlook I've read in awhile.

No need to hate or love the kid, other than the happy memories which will forever be a cherished footnote/set of highlights to Knickdom. It's not like he's IT or Marbles, right?

The NBA, after all, is a business. Hopefully, Lin will be able to feed his kids someday, should he choose to have any.

jrod! say it ain't so! don't join the bad guys.

Reasons to Hate Jeremy Lin

1. He USED the Knicks for 26 games of production.

2. He couldn't have cared less about his teammates being manhandled by Miami.

3. I could see it in his eyes (as he was sitting on that bench) that Jeremy Lin was fearful of being exposed as a potential turnover machine ala losing out on millions, upon million of dollars come the offseason. Trust me, Jeremy Lin knew exactly what he was doing. Sat out for that contract in which he currenlty has. Lin sat out, at 75%-85% health, due to being fearful of being exposed by a very strong/athletic Miami Heat defense come postseason play.

I COULD SEE IT IN HIS EYES!!! He should have played because he was definitely healthy enough to play!

yes i'm still posting on this GD thread

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
ChuckBuck
USA
11/15/2012  1:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2012  1:09 PM
Andrew wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:Actually Lin did. He flew out to meet with Morey in Vegas during summer league to up the deal.

Did he go to Vegas to sign the deal or renegotiate it? Did the Rockets GM up the offer because the Knicks Coach had publicly stated they would match or did Lin ask for more money? You don't know. No fan really knows.

Good read if you have time:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/randalllane/2012/07/18/jeremy-lin-may-be-the-dumbest-harvard-grad-ever/

Basically like others have said, if he wanted to stay in NY he could've. It's called a "negotiation" for a reason. Both parties have to agree with the terms. He could've said to the upped offer no thanks, I love NY and my teammates too much, being the humble dude he is.

Lin also made a terrible business decision marketing wise. Billboards in Time Square, etc. Lin and JR could've had a reality show together, "The New Odd Couple"!

GodSaveTheKnicks
USA
11/15/2012  1:07 PM
I heard Derrick Rose said that Omer Asik's contract was ridiculous. How come no one commented on Landry Field's contract? That one was ridiculous too.

Ridiculous.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/15/2012  1:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2012  1:17 PM

The Knicks made far more off of Lin than he did off of them.
GodSaveTheKnicks
USA
11/15/2012  1:21 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:

The Knicks made far more off of Lin than he did off of them.

This was actually something written earlier on this thread by another poster.

I think it means that Lin manipulated the Knicks into starting the season with Toney Douglas at their starting PG. Then he manipulated Douglas into sucking. Then he somehow wormed his way onto the team and played when he was asked to. Then he played well. All just to get his precious contract.

What he should have done was...

umm..

What he should have done was....???

Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
11/15/2012  1:29 PM
IrishKnickFan wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:You know whats a shame, is that Jeremy Lin never earned his contract. Lin only A.) Played 26 regular season games before B.) Getting hurt while C.) Sitting out the final 17 regular season games while D.) Sitting out at 75-85% health while the Miami Heat murdered the Knicks during postseason play.

Lin looked guilty on that Knicks bench. You know why he looked guilty? Because he used the Knicks for his 26 games of production. He couldn't have cared less about his teammates being manhandled by Miami. He didn't even attempt to play a single minute during our Miami series, and you know why? Because he seen dollar signs were right around the corner. I could see it in his eyes (as he was sitting on that bench) that Jeremy Lin was fearful of being exposed as a potential turnover machine ala losing out on millions, upon million of dollars come the offseason. Trust me, Jeremy Lin knew exactly what he was doing. Sat out for that contract in which he currenlty has. Lin only put up 8 points and 3 assists while committing 8 turnovers against Miami during an 88-102 loss during the regular season. Lin sat out, at 75%-85% health, due to being fearful of being exposed by a very strong/athletic Miami Heat defense come postseason play.

Lin put his Harvard education to good use. He protected his investment, himself.

Never seen such a selfish player get a total free pass from the media. Looking forward to him being out of the league after this season.

did lin run over you dog or something? I mean im happy with felton/kidd/prigs but lin didnt do anything wrong

Lin might have ate his dog................
"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
IrishKnickFan

11/15/2012  1:34 PM
Anji wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:You know whats a shame, is that Jeremy Lin never earned his contract. Lin only A.) Played 26 regular season games before B.) Getting hurt while C.) Sitting out the final 17 regular season games while D.) Sitting out at 75-85% health while the Miami Heat murdered the Knicks during postseason play.

Lin looked guilty on that Knicks bench. You know why he looked guilty? Because he used the Knicks for his 26 games of production. He couldn't have cared less about his teammates being manhandled by Miami. He didn't even attempt to play a single minute during our Miami series, and you know why? Because he seen dollar signs were right around the corner. I could see it in his eyes (as he was sitting on that bench) that Jeremy Lin was fearful of being exposed as a potential turnover machine ala losing out on millions, upon million of dollars come the offseason. Trust me, Jeremy Lin knew exactly what he was doing. Sat out for that contract in which he currenlty has. Lin only put up 8 points and 3 assists while committing 8 turnovers against Miami during an 88-102 loss during the regular season. Lin sat out, at 75%-85% health, due to being fearful of being exposed by a very strong/athletic Miami Heat defense come postseason play.

Lin put his Harvard education to good use. He protected his investment, himself.

Never seen such a selfish player get a total free pass from the media. Looking forward to him being out of the league after this season.

did lin run over you dog or something? I mean im happy with felton/kidd/prigs but lin didnt do anything wrong

Lin might have ate his dog................

kind of a racist thing to say

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/15/2012  1:36 PM
Andrew wrote:

It's slso possible the Knicks never intended on bringing back Lin and only drove up his price by saying they would match to a billion to screw Morey. However, judging by the reports that Grunwald who brought Lin in along with Dantoni was hiding and stalling until the last minute in hopes that Dolan would cool off and make a level headed business decision, I still side with the belief that this was all about Dolan's bruised ego. Just like when he forced the Spree trade

Anji
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #1122
USA
11/15/2012  1:37 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
So far this season he's had some pretty solid games and some underwhelming ones. I guess I'll try to stay away from this thread until maybe the all star break. or the end of his contract with Houston. Or I'll be back on in like 15 minutes.

+10000

LOL

"Really, all Americans want is a cold beer, warm p***y, and some place to s**t with a door on it." - Mr. Ford
GodSaveTheKnicks
USA
11/15/2012  1:41 PM
Anji wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
So far this season he's had some pretty solid games and some underwhelming ones. I guess I'll try to stay away from this thread until maybe the all star break. or the end of his contract with Houston. Or I'll be back on in like 15 minutes.

+10000

LOL

Andrew/Martin what is the longest thread in UK history?

Also in your expert opinion most polarizing Knicks player post Ewing/Starks teams

- Starbury
- Melo
- Crawford
- Lin

??

Of all 4 of those players I would think Lin gave us the most ridiculously fun stretch of basketball. Crawford gave us his crazy game winning shot in Denver.

Also, does anyone know if Ultimate Chicago Bulls has a thread on Omer "The Gift" Asik ?

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/15/2012  1:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2012  1:46 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
holfresh wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
tkf wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Great post

Ok.. bottom line

I thought everyone excepted that as fact..I can't believe people are still in denial or pretending like it didn't happen..And no all players don't do that...

It's true. I mean, look at all the restricted free agents this offseason. Not all of them just blindly and selfishly signed large offers sheets offered to them without first asking themselves:

If not, shouldn't I put the team before myself and either ask the team who put the offer sheet in to lower it so they can match or just tear that offer sheet up and ask my former team to just give me whatever they can spare?

I think if you take a look at the restricted free agents from this past offseason and at NBA history in general you'll really open your eyes and see Jeremy Lin for what he really is guys. Trust me.

No need to hate or love the kid, other than the happy memories which will forever be a cherished footnote/set of highlights to Knickdom. It's not like he's IT or Marbles, right?

The NBA, after all, is a business. Hopefully, Lin will be able to feed his kids someday, should he choose to have any.

3. I could see it in his eyes (as he was sitting on that bench) that Jeremy Lin was fearful of being exposed as a potential turnover machine ala losing out on millions, upon million of dollars come the offseason. Trust me, Jeremy Lin knew exactly what he was doing. Sat out for that contract in which he currenlty has. Lin sat out, at 75%-85% health, due to being fearful of being exposed by a very strong/athletic Miami Heat defense come postseason play.

I COULD SEE IT IN HIS EYES!!! He should have played because he was definitely healthy enough to play!

Bad guys, really??

Maybe it's just me but the bad guys are the ones who say things like Lin eats dogs

GodSaveTheKnicks
USA
11/15/2012  1:48 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
holfresh wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
tkf wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Great post

Ok.. bottom line

Bad guys, really??

Maybe it's just me but the bad guys are the ones who say things like Lin eats dogs

guns guns guns. the bad guy is Jeremy Lin aka the epitome of bad teammate! just you wait it's only a matter of time before he grows a fu manchu to steal away Harden's limelight.

IrishKnickFan

11/15/2012  1:51 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
holfresh wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
tkf wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Great post

Ok.. bottom line

Bad guys, really??

guns guns guns. the bad guy is Jeremy Lin aka the epitome of bad teammate! just you wait it's only a matter of time before he grows a fu manchu to steal away Harden's limelight.

You really have to let it go man. The guy got hurt he got offered a big contract and he took it. That doesnt make him a bad guy it makes him a normal nba player
Summary of Jeremy "Gift" Lin's Pre-Season....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy