[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Summary of Jeremy "Gift" Lin's Pre-Season....
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/15/2012  12:36 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
tkf wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:Of course it's two different players. Too different situations. Different teams. Coaches. Teammates. Fans. The whole 9. The only one to blame for this, is Jeremy Lin himself. No one physically forced Lin to sign a contract so high, in which the Knicks front office were forced to then have seconds thoughts. If he's ran out of the league or becomes a gigantic bust? Lin only has himself to blame for this. A true Knick at heart doesn't play 26 amazing games, makes a name for himself with rocking our iniform, the only team in which truly gave him a chance, the franchise that saved his basketball dream, a player who's now loved by the city, treated like a royal king, praised and repsected etc, etc and signs a contract so large, with the same exact team who cut him as practice trash. Then says he wishes he were still a Knick. He took his money, Most men and players would. It is what it is. Good for Lin, he's now a millionaire for life despite the fact that New York's marketing would've made him a potential billionaire (possibly).

If this isn't a good offensive system for Lin, it's his fault. He went to Harvard, right? He shoudl've used common sense, and remembered how he was treated with Houston his first go around. What type of offensive system they used/ran. He made a mentail mistake signing with the Rockets, of all teams. The truly great one's, the truly special one's, dominate the game of basketball regardless of head coach. From Jordan, to Shaq, Kobe, all the way back to Carmelo Anthony... The elite offensive players stand out. The cream always rises to the top. Not the ideal situation for Jeremy Lin? Was he then a product of a Mike D'Antoni coached/ran offense? He can't adjust on the fly? That sounds like a personal problem for Lin, not something die hard N.Y fans should feel sorry about. Not something Knick fans shouldn't mention in regards to his box score numbers and/or production on the basketball court.

Melo can be harped all over, and judged, and so can J.R Smith and Stoudemire, but yet.. Lin is too protected for that? Getting the Tebow treatment due to being a good person as if most players aren't? Is it because he's an underdog? Why do some fans of this franchise protect Lin from his critics? Melo's Nuggets franchise missed the playoffs during (I believe) 7-8 consecutive years without a playoff birth. Then the drafting of Melo happened. And that was that, during the elite/golden years of the Western Conference power house teams too. Denver then went on to land 7-8 consecutive trips to the postseason with Melo leading that franchise (on his back). Lets see if Jeremy Lin can do the same for a Houston franchise. If he's a franchise player, he'll rise to the top. If not? He'll continue to be mocked and rightfully so.

Great post

I never bought into this whole "Linsanity" but I never wished him ill will when he left and quite surprised at his performance thus far...I'm sure it will get better. This year, next yeat..after a coaching change but honestly.........who cares.

Like ChuckBuck said...Lets move on.

Some people and fans are stuck loving the "idea" of Linsanity. The Asian Christian boy from Harvard that could.

Honest truth, Jeremy Lin the player, he's just average or below average. No ways around it. Stats support this. Performances and the "eye test" support this. 26 game spike cannot remove who you are.

NBA is a bottom line league. "A proof is in the pudding league". Like many said and the originator Sheed said "Ball don't Lie"

SO you should completely understand why some of us didn't want anything do to do with melo.. as you said, " the proof is in the pudding".. the NBA is a bottom line league..

Ok.. bottom line

Carmelo has the worst playoff record of any player in the history of the NBA that has played at least 50 playoff games. He is the biggest loser

For a guy making max money and being treated as a franchise player, he never in his 9 year career, won an MVP, a scoring title, made first team all NBA, never made any all defense teams... FACT

Yea, this is a Bottom line league, and melo's bottom line sucks... so YOU out of all people after making such statements, about a guy who hasn't even played a full season in lin, should be even more willing to admit what some of feel about carmelo who has 9 year of work to look at. HE is just another volume chucker from west baltimore( I am not even giving him any Brooklyn cred), who is a talented streak scorer who is really just a good, not great, all around player.. Right?

Ehh...Same could've been said about other perennial all stars Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Pau Gasol before they "superteamed".

You're comparing Carmelo Anthony to Jeremy Lin, no comparison. One was drafted high, made the playoffs every year of his career, 5 All Star games, 2nd and 3rd Team All NBA Teams, USA Basketball Gold medalist. The other was a never was.

You're letting your bias show as usual.

Look Im not comparing lin to melo at all but be honest you are a little biased yourself for your hatred for lin. Now i agree the contract was too much but lin is a good guy

Just calling a spade a spade. He made a money grab, he got it. I don't bear ill will towards him. He put himself before the team. So be it. People talk about JR Smith being a bonehead and not their cup of tea player, but he sacrificed multi millions and potential injury to settle for a meager 2 yr deal that's a fraction of one of Lin's years. One is balling, one is not. Lin is a mediocre player, and JR is a key cog and potential 6th man of the year on a playoff contending team.

Where is the money grab? Knicks said go get an offer and we will match up to a billion dollars. Knicks never offered a contract. What exactly is Lin's option?

LOL.. really.. I guess lin was supposed to say no, and come back to the knicks asking for a lot less.... and as you said.. Knicks never offered a contract..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/15/2012  12:37 PM
I don't get it is a question of value or the caphold like most have suggested. Knicks let Lin walk for nothing over $5mil. Same team that paid Larry Brown $40mil to go away and he is not even a player. Same team that paid Jerome James. And took on Penny's bloated contract to get Marbury and traded for Eddy Curry and overpaid for Jamal Crawford and handed Amare $100mil uninsured and traded for Steven Francis, Tim Thomas and Mo Taylor
GodSaveTheKnicks
Alba Posts: 21
Member: #1207
USA
11/15/2012  12:37 PM
holfresh wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
tkf wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
NYKMentality wrote:Of course it's two different players. Too different situations. Different teams. Coaches. Teammates. Fans. The whole 9. The only one to blame for this, is Jeremy Lin himself. No one physically forced Lin to sign a contract so high, in which the Knicks front office were forced to then have seconds thoughts. If he's ran out of the league or becomes a gigantic bust? Lin only has himself to blame for this. A true Knick at heart doesn't play 26 amazing games, makes a name for himself with rocking our iniform, the only team in which truly gave him a chance, the franchise that saved his basketball dream, a player who's now loved by the city, treated like a royal king, praised and repsected etc, etc and signs a contract so large, with the same exact team who cut him as practice trash. Then says he wishes he were still a Knick. He took his money, Most men and players would. It is what it is. Good for Lin, he's now a millionaire for life despite the fact that New York's marketing would've made him a potential billionaire (possibly).

If this isn't a good offensive system for Lin, it's his fault. He went to Harvard, right? He shoudl've used common sense, and remembered how he was treated with Houston his first go around. What type of offensive system they used/ran. He made a mentail mistake signing with the Rockets, of all teams. The truly great one's, the truly special one's, dominate the game of basketball regardless of head coach. From Jordan, to Shaq, Kobe, all the way back to Carmelo Anthony... The elite offensive players stand out. The cream always rises to the top. Not the ideal situation for Jeremy Lin? Was he then a product of a Mike D'Antoni coached/ran offense? He can't adjust on the fly? That sounds like a personal problem for Lin, not something die hard N.Y fans should feel sorry about. Not something Knick fans shouldn't mention in regards to his box score numbers and/or production on the basketball court.

Melo can be harped all over, and judged, and so can J.R Smith and Stoudemire, but yet.. Lin is too protected for that? Getting the Tebow treatment due to being a good person as if most players aren't? Is it because he's an underdog? Why do some fans of this franchise protect Lin from his critics? Melo's Nuggets franchise missed the playoffs during (I believe) 7-8 consecutive years without a playoff birth. Then the drafting of Melo happened. And that was that, during the elite/golden years of the Western Conference power house teams too. Denver then went on to land 7-8 consecutive trips to the postseason with Melo leading that franchise (on his back). Lets see if Jeremy Lin can do the same for a Houston franchise. If he's a franchise player, he'll rise to the top. If not? He'll continue to be mocked and rightfully so.

Great post

I never bought into this whole "Linsanity" but I never wished him ill will when he left and quite surprised at his performance thus far...I'm sure it will get better. This year, next yeat..after a coaching change but honestly.........who cares.

Some people and fans are stuck loving the "idea" of Linsanity. The Asian Christian boy from Harvard that could.

Honest truth, Jeremy Lin the player, he's just average or below average. No ways around it. Stats support this. Performances and the "eye test" support this. 26 game spike cannot remove who you are.

NBA is a bottom line league. "A proof is in the pudding league". Like many said and the originator Sheed said "Ball don't Lie"

SO you should completely understand why some of us didn't want anything do to do with melo.. as you said, " the proof is in the pudding".. the NBA is a bottom line league..

Ok.. bottom line

Carmelo has the worst playoff record of any player in the history of the NBA that has played at least 50 playoff games. He is the biggest loser

For a guy making max money and being treated as a franchise player, he never in his 9 year career, won an MVP, a scoring title, made first team all NBA, never made any all defense teams... FACT

Yea, this is a Bottom line league, and melo's bottom line sucks... so YOU out of all people after making such statements, about a guy who hasn't even played a full season in lin, should be even more willing to admit what some of feel about carmelo who has 9 year of work to look at. HE is just another volume chucker from west baltimore( I am not even giving him any Brooklyn cred), who is a talented streak scorer who is really just a good, not great, all around player.. Right?

Ehh...Same could've been said about other perennial all stars Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Pau Gasol before they "superteamed".

You're comparing Carmelo Anthony to Jeremy Lin, no comparison. One was drafted high, made the playoffs every year of his career, 5 All Star games, 2nd and 3rd Team All NBA Teams, USA Basketball Gold medalist. The other was a never was.

Look Im not comparing lin to melo at all but be honest you are a little biased yourself for your hatred for lin. Now i agree the contract was too much but lin is a good guy

Just calling a spade a spade. He made a money grab, he got it. I don't bear ill will towards him. He put himself before the team. So be it. People talk about JR Smith being a bonehead and not their cup of tea player, but he sacrificed multi millions and potential injury to settle for a meager 2 yr deal that's a fraction of one of Lin's years. One is balling, one is not. Lin is a mediocre player, and JR is a key cog and potential 6th man of the year on a playoff contending team.

I thought everyone excepted that as fact..I can't believe people are still in denial or pretending like it didn't happen..And no all players don't do that...

It's true. I mean, look at all the restricted free agents this offseason. Not all of them just blindly and selfishly signed large offers sheets offered to them without first asking themselves:

Could my former team match this offer?
If not, shouldn't I put the team before myself and either ask the team who put the offer sheet in to lower it so they can match or just tear that offer sheet up and ask my former team to just give me whatever they can spare?

I think if you take a look at the restricted free agents from this past offseason and at NBA history in general you'll really open your eyes and see Jeremy Lin for what he really is guys. Trust me.

Let's try to elevate the level of discourse in this byeetch. Please
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

11/15/2012  12:39 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I don't get it is a question of value or the caphold like most have suggested. Knicks let Lin walk for nothing over $5mil. Same team that paid Larry Brown $40mil to go away and he is not even a player. Same team that paid Jerome James. And took on Penny's bloated contract to get Marbury and traded for Eddy Curry and overpaid for Jamal Crawford and handed Amare $100mil uninsured and traded for Steven Francis, Tim Thomas and Mo Taylor

I think LB settlement was 16 mil...Lin was around far less than any of those guys...

IrishKnickFan
Member: #4171

11/15/2012  12:39 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
holfresh wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
tkf wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Great post

Ok.. bottom line

I thought everyone excepted that as fact..I can't believe people are still in denial or pretending like it didn't happen..And no all players don't do that...

It's true. I mean, look at all the restricted free agents this offseason. Not all of them just blindly and selfishly signed large offers sheets offered to them without first asking themselves:

If not, shouldn't I put the team before myself and either ask the team who put the offer sheet in to lower it so they can match or just tear that offer sheet up and ask my former team to just give me whatever they can spare?

I think if you take a look at the restricted free agents from this past offseason and at NBA history in general you'll really open your eyes and see Jeremy Lin for what he really is guys. Trust me.

nobody said he was an all-star. But you act like he is a bad guy. I mean he sounds like a good kid. I dont know where you hate comes from
gunsnewing
USA
11/15/2012  12:42 PM
holfresh wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I don't get it is a question of value or the caphold like most have suggested. Knicks let Lin walk for nothing over $5mil. Same team that paid Larry Brown $40mil to go away and he is not even a player. Same team that paid Jerome James. And took on Penny's bloated contract to get Marbury and traded for Eddy Curry and overpaid for Jamal Crawford and handed Amare $100mil uninsured and traded for Steven Francis, Tim Thomas and Mo Taylor

I think LB settlement was 16 mil...Lin was around far less than any of those guys...

$24mil i think

holfresh

11/15/2012  12:42 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
holfresh wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
tkf wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Great post

Ok.. bottom line

Listen, I have and will always maintained, JR and Novak wanted to be her and made it happen..If Lin wanted to be here then he would be here...But I wont hate on him now...Maybe he thought with his skills the scrutiny would be unmanageable in NY...Frankly I'm happy he is Houston's problem...

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/15/2012  12:43 PM
I already know how you feel about Carmelo and JR, so you don't have to defend yourself.

Last I checked, we're the only undefeated team left with players on the roster that only know playoffs and winning.

Rockets and Lin...I've said my peace already. He's an average player on a young upstart team. It's possible they could potentially squeeze into the 8th seed, but I find it hard to believe with these teams:

LA
LA
OKC
San Antonio
Memphis
Dallas
Denver
Utah

It's conceivable they can leapfrog Utah or Denver, but probably not.

holfresh

11/15/2012  12:43 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
holfresh wrote:

$24mil i think

18.5 mil..I looked it up...

IrishKnickFan

11/15/2012  12:44 PM
holfresh wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
holfresh wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
tkf wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Great post

Ok.. bottom line

Listen, I have and will always maintained, JR and Novak wanted to be her and made it happen..If Lin wanted to be here then he would be here...But I wont hate on him now...Maybe he thought with his skills the scrutiny would be unmanageable in NY...Frankly I'm happy he is Houston's problem...

Again i dont know why people get on the kid. I agree Houston is a better situation plus its closer to home for him so i say good for him
gunsnewing
USA
11/15/2012  12:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/15/2012  12:44 PM
holfresh wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
holfresh wrote:

$24mil i think

18.5 mil..I looked it up...

ok we have a deal lol

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/15/2012  12:46 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
tkf wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Great post

Ok.. bottom line

Where is the money grab? Knicks said go get an offer and we will match up to a billion dollars. Knicks never offered a contract. What exactly is Lin's option?

He renegotiated with Morey and Houston. The first contract was $5m/$5m/$9m which is more than fair value.

He didn't renegotiate. Morey played Dolan. Wanted to see where Dolan stands and when he mentioned anything to a billion dollars, Morey threw a hail mary pass with the poison pill contract. Again, Morey never offered 5/5/9 contract for Lin to sign. The biggest mistake was on the Knicks. They should have offered the max that they can offer which was the full MLE. If Lin did not sign that then I agree about the money grab.

IrishKnickFan

11/15/2012  12:46 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:I already know how you feel about Carmelo and JR, so you don't have to defend yourself.

Last I checked, we're the only undefeated team left with players on the roster that only know playoffs and winning.

Rockets and Lin...I've said my peace already. He's an average player on a young upstart team. It's possible they could potentially squeeze into the 8th seed, but I find it hard to believe with these teams:

LA
LA
OKC
San Antonio
Memphis
Dallas
Denver
Utah

Im happy with our start but we still have a long way to go. First we have to try and get in teh top 3 seeds, andthen we have to win a playoff series, and most of all melo has to get past the first round

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
11/15/2012  12:47 PM
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
holfresh wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
tkf wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Great post

Ok.. bottom line

this is the most ridiculous thing I ever read.. no offense.. let me ask you.. does it not bother you that carmelo could have come to the knicks as a free agent sparing us, of our young talent, and our picks? does that even bother you?

And tell me, you know for sure, every free agent that signed a deal, asked themselves if their former team could afford the deal? really?

Look at this, Lin and his agent and anyone with a brain would look at the knicks and say Yes, they can afford it no problem.. they gave novak a big deal, much more than he is worth, they know they paid amare 100 mil uninsured, they know they paid carmelo a max deal, they know they paid a ton for chandler, they know they paid larry brown 40 mil to leave, everyone knows the knicks history.. hell yea he knew the knicks could pay... and he did what every sane person would do... the knicks should have offered him a deal! they didn't.. the rockets did and wanted him.... lin said he wanted to stay here, knicks said they would match up to a billion dollars, they didn't..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
holfresh

11/15/2012  12:48 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
tkf wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Great post

Ok.. bottom line

He renegotiated with Morey and Houston. The first contract was $5m/$5m/$9m which is more than fair value.

He didn't renegotiate. Morey played Dolan. Wanted to see where Dolan stands and when he mentioned anything to a billion dollars, Morey threw a hail mary pass with the poison pill contract. Again, Morey never offered 5/5/9 contract for Lin to sign. The biggest mistake was on the Knicks. They should have offered the max that they can offer which was the full MLE. If Lin did not sign that then I agree about the money grab.

As it's turning out, Morey played himself...

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/15/2012  12:48 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
tkf wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Great post

Ok.. bottom line

Actually Lin did. He flew out to meet with Morey in Vegas during summer league to up the deal.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/15/2012  12:50 PM
holfresh wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
holfresh wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
tkf wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Great post

Ok.. bottom line

This is the healthiest outlook I've read in awhile.

No need to hate or love the kid, other than the happy memories which will forever be a cherished footnote/set of highlights to Knickdom. It's not like he's IT or Marbles, right?

The NBA, after all, is a business. Hopefully, Lin will be able to feed his kids someday, should he choose to have any.

IrishKnickFan

11/15/2012  12:51 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
tkf wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Great post

Ok.. bottom line

Actually Lin did. He flew out to meet with Morey in Vegas during summer league to up the deal.

Again you seem to be missing an important point. The Knicks told him they would match any offer. Dolan should have never said that
GodSaveTheKnicks
USA
11/15/2012  12:52 PM
holfresh wrote:
GodSaveTheKnicks wrote:
holfresh wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
IrishKnickFan wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
tkf wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:

Great post

Ok.. bottom line

We've both been following the NBA for a decent stretch my man. Other than JR Smith, Tim Duncan, Rondo (who Boston then dangled in trades), and I think Richard Jefferson I can't really think of any players who "don't do that".

Anyhow this thread is went past borderline retarded and into full idiocy pages ago. There are clearly people with anti-Lin hard ons that are trying to play themselves off as objective critics. NYKMentality's post, implying both the ability to see inside people's heads AND knees was the high point for me. Some pro-lin supporters have also started to wander into Blinders On territory. I suspect Chuckbuck is somewhat neutral on the topic but likes tweaking the fanboys. haha.

So far this season he's had some pretty solid games and some underwhelming ones. I guess I'll try to stay away from this thread until maybe the all star break. or the end of his contract with Houston. Or I'll be back on in like 15 minutes.

See y'all on the game thread.

GodSaveTheKnicks
USA
11/15/2012  12:54 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:I already know how you feel about Carmelo and JR, so you don't have to defend yourself.

LA
LA
OKC
San Antonio
Memphis
Dallas
Denver
Utah

Agree with all these except maybe Dallas. Utah looks good.

Summary of Jeremy "Gift" Lin's Pre-Season....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy