[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Summary of Jeremy "Gift" Lin's Pre-Season....
Author Thread
NUPE
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4205

10/25/2012  4:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2012  4:39 PM
It's just preseason but....

20 minutes, 1-3 (0-2 from 3), 3 points, 1 rebound, 6 assists, 3 steals, 3 turnovers
23 minutes, 2-6, 9 pts, 1 reb, 7 assists, 2 steals, 2 TO's
25 minutes, 1-10 (0-3), 4 pts, 1 reb, 1 ast, 1 stl, 2 TO's
31 minutes, 3-9 (0-3), 7 pts, 5 reb, 12 ast, 4 stl, 2 TO's
31 minutes, 1-8 (0-1), 2 pts, 3 reb, 5 ast, 2 stl, 6 TO's

Averages: 26.0 MPG, 5.0 PPG, 2.2 RPG, 6.2 APG, 2.4 SPG, 3.0 TO, .222 FG%, .000 3P% (0-9), .600 FT%

So, are the people on this board predicting 20 and 10 for Lin this reg. season sticking with that?!?!?!?!

We all know if Felton were stinking it up this bad during the pre-season he'd be getting killed on this board....

AUTOADVERT
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
10/25/2012  4:40 PM
But Felton is Fat!

IrishKnickFan
Member: #4171

10/25/2012  4:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2012  4:41 PM
holy crap will this lin stuff ever end. Looks the bottom lin was jeremy was great for us last year linsanity was probably the most fun i've had as a fan in 12 years but its time to move on. We have 3 very good point guards who know how to distribute the ball
NUPE

10/25/2012  4:46 PM
IrishKnickFan wrote:holy crap will this lin stuff ever end. Looks the bottom lin was jeremy was great for us last year linsanity was probably the most fun i've had as a fan in 12 years but its time to move on. We have 3 very good point guards who know how to distribute the ball

Holy Crap?!?! Really?!?! Is this thread even a surprise?!?! After all the whining about Lin not being signed coupled with the rampant Felton bashing this thread was inevitable. Felton and Lin will be compared all season by Knicks fans for better or worse.

DurzoBlint
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1152
USA
10/25/2012  4:53 PM
if I'm going to flame the Pro-Lin threads, I might as well flame the negative ones too

jimmy crack corn and I don't care, jimmy crack corn and I don't care, jimmy crack corn and I don't care the masters gone away.

the fact that you can't even have an unrelated thread without some tool here bringing him up make me think that rational minds are few and far between. Bunch of emotionally weak, angst riddled people. I mean, how many times can you argue the same shyt
NUPE

10/25/2012  4:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2012  4:55 PM
DurzoBlint wrote:if I'm going to flame the Pro-Lin threads, I might as well flame the negative ones too

jimmy crack corn and I don't care, jimmy crack corn and I don't care, jimmy crack corn and I don't care the masters gone away.

I embrace your flames, kind sir. I will keep my watch of Lin and Felton, stat-wise, in this thread for the duration of the upcoming season.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/25/2012  4:59 PM

Via Wikipedia,,,,,,,,,

When I was young I us'd to wait
On the boss and hand him his plate;
And Pass down the bottle when he got dry,
And brush away the blue tail fly.
refrain (repeated each verse):
Jimmy crack corn and I don't care,
My master's gone away.
In the two verses that follow, the singer is told to protect his master's horse from the bite of the blue-tail fly:

An' when he ride in de afternoon,
I foiler wid a hickory broom;
De poney being berry shy,
When bitten by de blue tail fly.
One day he rode aroun' de farm,
De flies so numerous dey did swarm;
One chanced to bite 'im on the thigh.
De debble take dat blue tail fly.
The horse bucks and the master is killed. The slave then escapes culpability:

De pony run, he jump an' pitch,
An' tumble massa in de ditch;
He died, an' de jury wonder'd why;
De verdic was de blue tail fly.
The references to a "jury" and a "verdic[t]" imply that the slave was criminally charged: Some sources indicate this may have referred to a coroner's inquest or police investigation, but these "slang" terms were not used outside the context of a court proceeding at the time.

They buried him 'neath the sycamore tree
His epitaph there for to see
"Beneath this stone I'm forced to lie
The victim of a blue-tailed Fly."
The modern chorus is as follows:

Jimmy cracked corn, and I don't care
My trouble's gone away.
[edit] History and interpretationDiffering sources date "Jimmy Crack Corn" from 1844[5] or 1846[6] and differ as to who authored it. One early printing attributed it to Dan Emmett.[7] However, at the time it was usual for the recorder of a folk song to take credit. It is also thought that it was not originally a blackface minstrel song, but rather of genuine African American origins. Unlike many minstrel songs, "Blue Tail Fly" was long popular among African Americans and was recorded by Big Bill Broonzy, among others. A celebrated live version was recorded by Burl Ives.[9] Folk singer Pete Seeger also made the song popular. Ives and Seeger performed the song together at the 92nd Street Y in New York City in 1993, in what turned out to be Ives' last public performance.[10]

There has been much debate over the meaning of "Jimmy Crack Corn." In the original version the lyrics read "jim crack corn." "Jim crack" or "gimcrack" means shoddily built.[11] Additionally, "corn" is considered an American euphemism for "corn whiskey." Other possibilities include:

- That "crack-corn" refers to the master "cracking" open his skull/head (the "corn" or kernal) in the fall, but the slaves were not allowed to rejoice openly, so it was done in code, "and I don't care, my master's gone away," meaning he died;
– "Gimcrack corn," cheap corn whiskey;
– That it refers to "cracking" open a jug of corn whiskey;
– That "crack-corn" is related to the (still-current) slang "cracker" for a rural Southern white.[12]
– That "crack-corn" originated from the old English term "crack," meaning gossip, and that "cracking corn" was a traditional Shenandoah expression for "sitting around chitchatting."[13]
– That the chorus refers to an overseer who, without the master, has only his bullwhip to keep the slaves in line.
Most etymologists support the first interpretation,[citation needed] as the term "cracker" appears to predate "corn-cracking." Also, "whipcracker" has no historical backing.[14] This suggests that, in the chorus, the slaves may be making whiskey and celebrating.

It is also said that Pete Seeger once maintained that the true lyrics were "gimmie cracked corn; I don't care,"[15] referencing a punishment in which a slave's rations were reduced to cracked corn and nothing else. In this case, the author would seem to have decided that this severe punishment would be worth the outcome: the death of the master.

Another interpretation is that "jimmy" was slang for a crow and that the phrase refers to crows being allowed feed in the cornfields. Normally it would have been a boy slave's responsibility to keep crows out of the corn.

The minstrel song from the same era (1840) "Jim Along, Josey" by Edward Harper may be used as a reference. In it "Jim Along" was probably the equivalent of the phrase "Get a-long," which Harper employs in the chorus of this song "Hey, get a-long, get a-long, Josey."

Hey, get a-long, Jim a-long, Jo!
Hey, get a-long, get a-long Josey,
Hey, get a-long, Jim a-long Jo!

3G4G
Member: #4333

10/25/2012  5:30 PM
What about these numbers?

30min/gm
37%fg
31%fg(3pt)
20ppg
16FGA/gm
2ast
2TO

AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
10/25/2012  5:41 PM
He's "injured".
NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

10/25/2012  5:52 PM
i agree with NUPE. Even though im ALL about the current knicks roster; I have to admit that I will be keeping my eye on Jeremy Lin all year. I appreciate Linsanity and he was fun to watch. He seems like a good kid and I wish him well. However, I DO think he was overated and he was NOT worth all of that money.

1. He has to prove that he's over that knee injury (based on watching his preseason games I still dont think he is)
2. He has to prove that he can shoot and go left
3. He has to prove that hes a STARTING PG. Lets face it, he ONLY played 25games (in a high octane MDA offense that even made Duhon look ok)

I always wanted Ray (I was actually hoping for Ray to back up Lin - i HATE Kidd). I thnk he will have the better year and will have a better 4 yrs in the future.

We'll see - but I'd be nieve to think that Knicks fans wont pay attention to Lin. Unfortunately (because I hate routing against a good person), his lack of success will validate the knicks letting him go

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/25/2012  6:06 PM
The scary thing about those numbers is he is supposed to be the man there. I can't imagine how solid vets like Kevin Martin feel about all that hype. At least he is smart enough not to say anything about 'another player's contract'.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NUPE

10/25/2012  6:19 PM
3G4G wrote:What about these numbers?

30min/gm
37%fg
31%fg(3pt)
20ppg
16FGA/gm
2ast
2TO

Better #'s than Lin, whoever that is, it seems to me...

tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/25/2012  6:25 PM
oh I can't wait until about 30 games into this season.. I am sure to revisit this... LOL..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
NUPE

10/25/2012  6:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2012  6:45 PM
tkf wrote:oh I can't wait until about 30 games into this season.. I am sure to revisit this... LOL..

All I have done is post his pre-season stats and even stated it is just pre-season. If Lin had some monster pre-season you'd be all over this board yammering "I told you so!" We both know this. Heck, you are in the most recent pre-season game thread basically attempting to claim "I told you so" in relation to Brewer! LoL!

If Lin does better, I will post those stats. If Lin continues to suck, I will post those stats. Feel free to revisit this thread anytime you like.

limpidgimp
Member: #4044

10/25/2012  6:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2012  6:57 PM
NUPE, I have to say the title of your post -- "Gift" -- made me laugh.

I guess it was naive of me to think the dead horse was done and gone. It's nice to see you built a nice little barn to keep him, and show him off as a perennial attraction.

IrishKnickFan
Member: #4171

10/25/2012  6:56 PM
limpidgimp wrote:NUPE, I have to say the title of your post -- "Gift" -- made me laugh.

I guess it was naive of me to think the dead horse was done and gone. It's nice to see you built a nice little barn to keep him and show him off as a perennial attraction.

here here

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/25/2012  6:57 PM
NUPE wrote:
tkf wrote:oh I can't wait until about 30 games into this season.. I am sure to revisit this... LOL..

All I have done is post his pre-season stats and even stated it is just pre-season. If Lin had some monster pre-season you'd be all over this board yammering "I told you so!" We both know this. Heck, you are in the most recent pre-season game thread basically attempting to claim "I told you so" in relation to Brewer! LoL!

If Lin does better, I will post those stats. If Lin continues to suck, I will post those stats. Feel free to revisit this thread anytime you like.

Keep posting them. I don't think there is a single Knick fan that didn't love the Linsanity run. I don't think anyone wishes Lin ill will. However, I do think there are some here that think the contract and the consequences that would come along with it were not worth matching.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NUPE

10/25/2012  7:08 PM
limpidgimp wrote:NUPE, I have to say the title of your post -- "Gift" -- made me laugh.

I guess it was naive of me to think the dead horse was done and gone. It's nice to see you built a nice little barn to keep him, and show him off as a perennial attraction.

HAHA, I nursed the horse back to life and placed it in a cozy and safe barn.

AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
10/25/2012  7:27 PM
When Lin's team starts racking up the losses no one will care about Linsanity.

We will also get a thread whenever he has a good game.

NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
NUPE

10/25/2012  7:32 PM
AnubisADL wrote:When Lin's team starts racking up the losses no one will care about Linsanity.

We will also get a thread whenever he has a good game.

Well, some would have you believe Lin is the second coming of CP3 or Young Zeke... So, it is not possible for a Gift led team to rack up losses, sir!

Summary of Jeremy "Gift" Lin's Pre-Season....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy