[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game thread: Knicks Vs Nets 11/26.....Opening nite for Orange & Blue Vs the Black & White!
Author Thread
3G4G
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4333

11/27/2012  10:39 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
3G4G wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:fun game to watch. Knicks have a lot of holes and they looked slow and old last night. Melo played a great game but burned out and fizzled late.

This is the problem being built this way... our 38 year old PG has back spasms and aside from Net's total inability to keep Chandler off the offensive glass and Melo's great scoring night the rec guys at my YMCA play better offense.

Sometimes I get the feeling like Woodson is just practicing **** on offense. He didn't allow anyone else to really touch the ball other then Melo, Felton and Chandler.

Vs Indy its like he practiced having Melo attack the rim continuously.

It's called

PECKING ORDER &

It's called

COACHING BY FEEL

You know what D'AnToni used to do.

While coaches may tout they have a base or flat principle from which they coach from some of them simply aren't capable of adaptation in game or from game to game or from different style of player to different style of player or mixing youth with vets correctly.

I don't think Woodson is anymore innovative than D'AnToni. Matter of fact there are few things I liked with D'AnToni in comparison to Woody. Woody is a COMPANY/PLAYER COACH with near zero accountability being enforced. He shows near zero trust in certain players, extremely long leashes for some and short with others. He's a 2 faced hypocrite and I don't like him.

Thanks for being forthcoming. Players all say he holds them accountable as well. When melo was asked if dantoni held guys accountable he said that isn't him.

There is one thing about holding guys accountable yelling at them and another benching them and calling them out in the media without name dropping until necessary. He'll let guys play like garbage for a few gms and you really can't tell if there's any accountability. J.R. Smith and Felton haven't been playing well their 3-4gms but you know most certainly how Woody feels about Pablo during the game not games after, although you find this out too.

AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
11/27/2012  10:58 PM
3G4G wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
3G4G wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:fun game to watch. Knicks have a lot of holes and they looked slow and old last night. Melo played a great game but burned out and fizzled late.

This is the problem being built this way... our 38 year old PG has back spasms and aside from Net's total inability to keep Chandler off the offensive glass and Melo's great scoring night the rec guys at my YMCA play better offense.

Sometimes I get the feeling like Woodson is just practicing **** on offense. He didn't allow anyone else to really touch the ball other then Melo, Felton and Chandler.

It's called

PECKING ORDER &

It's called

COACHING BY FEEL

While coaches may tout they have a base or flat principle from which they coach from some of them simply aren't capable of adaptation in game or from game to game or from different style of player to different style of player or mixing youth with vets correctly.

I don't think Woodson is anymore innovative than D'AnToni. Matter of fact there are few things I liked with D'AnToni in comparison to Woody. Woody is a COMPANY/PLAYER COACH with near zero accountability being enforced. He shows near zero trust in certain players, extremely long leashes for some and short with others. He's a 2 faced hypocrite and I don't like him.

Thanks for being forthcoming. Players all say he holds them accountable as well. When melo was asked if dantoni held guys accountable he said that isn't him.

There is one thing about holding guys accountable yelling at them and another benching them and calling them out in the media without name dropping until necessary. He'll let guys play like garbage for a few gms and you really can't tell if there's any accountability. J.R. Smith and Felton haven't been playing well their 3-4gms but you know most certainly how Woody feels about Pablo during the game not games after, although you find this out too.

i'm really not a fan of either felton or smith but what is it about prigoni that makes him worthy? he's a terrible shooter and if you can't be a shooting threat as a pick and roll player-- where is a little step back from 16 feet with this guy-- then how can you expect to be effective? outside of stealing a couple of inbounds i don't see what all the fuss is about.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/27/2012  11:15 PM
NYKMentality wrote:Congrats to the Nets for winning a regular season home game against the Knicks, during a game in which we were without Kidd, Shumpert and Stoudemire. Not making excuses either, these were the fact's of last night's game.

They're a better team moving forward. Because of one game. Yea, right...

they 9-4 without shump and Amare. They went 6-0 without them.

Kidd has been great, he might have made the difference.

Better because of one game? Have not read such a thing. We talking about the ceiling and what "Might" be.

Stay Proud.

it all gets sorted out over time! Not on paper, not on threads, but on the court.

3G4G
Member: #4333

11/27/2012  11:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/27/2012  11:59 PM
dk7th wrote:
3G4G wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
3G4G wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

It's called

PECKING ORDER &

It's called

COACHING BY FEEL

i'm really not a fan of either felton or smith but what is it about prigoni that makes him worthy? he's a terrible shooter and if you can't be a shooting threat as a pick and roll player-- where is a little step back from 16 feet with this guy-- then how can you expect to be effective? outside of stealing a couple of inbounds i don't see what all the fuss is about.

Prigoni doesn't deserve rope but neither are Felton and Smith for long stretches in games and he'll let them implode to no return. As soon as Prigoni bricks a 3 and makes a bad pass out of PNR he gets a quick hook to the bench.

Also I was never sold on Prigs as an acquisition. He's 35yrs old, never played in the NBA before, he's on a team without a true PNR role player for now, he's like 3rd in the pg rotation so there's no minutes for him to get into a groove, oh and one last thing he has to give the ball up to MELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/28/2012  6:16 AM
3G4G wrote:
dk7th wrote:
3G4G wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
3G4G wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

It's called

PECKING ORDER &

It's called

COACHING BY FEEL

Prigoni doesn't deserve rope but neither are Felton and Smith for long stretches in games and he'll let them implode to no return. As soon as Prigoni bricks a 3 and makes a bad pass out of PNR he gets a quick hook to the bench.

Also I was never sold on Prigs as an acquisition. He's 35yrs old, never played in the NBA before, he's on a team without a true PNR role player for now, he's like 3rd in the pg rotation so there's no minutes for him to get into a groove, oh and one last thing he has to give the ball up to MELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Prigs was a no risk signing. He makes league minimum for an undrafted rookie. Saying you are not sold on him is like saying you are not sold on cope. The plus with prigs is that he has a ton of experience. He has seemed rattled since the Dallas game but he fills a role on the Knicks.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Game thread: Knicks Vs Nets 11/26.....Opening nite for Orange & Blue Vs the Black & White!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy