[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game thread: Knicks Vs Nets 11/26.....Opening nite for Orange & Blue Vs the Black & White!
Author Thread
3G4G
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4333

11/27/2012  1:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/27/2012  1:46 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:fun game to watch. Knicks have a lot of holes and they looked slow and old last night. Melo played a great game but burned out and fizzled late.

This is the problem being built this way... our 38 year old PG has back spasms and aside from Net's total inability to keep Chandler off the offensive glass and Melo's great scoring night the rec guys at my YMCA play better offense.

Sometimes I get the feeling like Woodson is just practicing **** on offense. He didn't allow anyone else to really touch the ball other then Melo, Felton and Chandler.

Vs Indy its like he practiced having Melo attack the rim continuously.

It's called

PECKING ORDER &

It's called

COACHING BY FEEL

You know what D'AnToni used to do.

While coaches may tout they have a base or flat principle from which they coach from some of them simply aren't capable of adaptation in game or from game to game or from different style of player to different style of player or mixing youth with vets correctly.

I don't think Woodson is anymore innovative than D'AnToni. Matter of fact there are few things I liked with D'AnToni in comparison to Woody. Woody is a COMPANY/PLAYER COACH with near zero accountability being enforced. He shows near zero trust in certain players, extremely long leashes for some and short with others. He's a 2 faced hypocrite and I don't like him.

AUTOADVERT
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
11/27/2012  1:54 PM
dk7th wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
dk7th wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I really think that Melo is in the Bernard King, Dominique Wilkins, James Worthy level. Which is great. He is not in the MJ, Bird, Magic, Isiah, Kobe level. I think LeDouche will be there soon. Melo will be fine. I still think we gave up too much for him, but you can't deny his skillset.

you can deny his skillset if he doesn't make others better and in effect accumulates stats in a vacuum.

you can't build around such players which is exactly what dolan is forcing grunwald to do.

this is looking more and more like the iverson 76er scenario but at least iverson averaged 6 assists.

Iverson was a 5'11 combo guard handling the ball 90% of the time. He should average 6 assists.

iverson in his prime had a usg% of 35
carmelo's usg% is around 33% for his prime

no appreciable difference and for that amount of ball control any player should have upwards of 5 assists... wouldn't you think?

How many small forwards in history besides Lebron and Bird average 5 or 6 assists?

6 foot guards should always average 6 assists no matter what.

ChuckBuck
USA
11/27/2012  1:56 PM
3G4G wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:fun game to watch. Knicks have a lot of holes and they looked slow and old last night. Melo played a great game but burned out and fizzled late.

This is the problem being built this way... our 38 year old PG has back spasms and aside from Net's total inability to keep Chandler off the offensive glass and Melo's great scoring night the rec guys at my YMCA play better offense.

Sometimes I get the feeling like Woodson is just practicing **** on offense. He didn't allow anyone else to really touch the ball other then Melo, Felton and Chandler.

It's called

PECKING ORDER &

It's called

COACHING BY FEEL

While coaches may tout they have a base or flat principle from which they coach from some of them simply aren't capable of adaptation in game or from game to game or from different style of player to different style of player or mixing youth with vets correctly.

I don't think Woodson is anymore innovative than D'AnToni. Matter of fact there are few things I liked with D'AnToni in comparison to Woody. Woody is a COMPANY/PLAYER COACH with near zero accountability being enforced. He shows near zero trust in certain players, extremely long leashes for some and short with others. He's a 2 faced hypocrite and I don't like him.

2 faced hypocrite? Okay now you're going a bit overboard.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/27/2012  1:58 PM
tkf wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I really think that Melo is in the Bernard King, Dominique Wilkins, James Worthy level. Which is great. He is not in the MJ, Bird, Magic, Isiah, Kobe level. I think LeDouche will be there soon. Melo will be fine. I still think we gave up too much for him, but you can't deny his skillset.

those guys were much more efficient..not sure how much of Bernard you got to see, but it just wasn't that he scored points, it is how he scored the points and the pressure he put on the team.. he wasn't jacking threes or bad shots.. he got the same type of shots every time, and they went in at a high rate.. that efficiency allowed for others to get shots and it clearly puts more pressure on the defense... look at some of his game logs.. the guy would get 30= points shooting like14-18 from the field.... just not the same player... Worth was very efficient as well, but was more of a finisher than a creator of his own shots... he may be more comparable to wilkins although I would take wilkins over carmelo any day of the week...

Quite the shocking statement, that one.

tkf, just for giggles, who WOULDN'T you take over carmelo any day of any week?

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
11/27/2012  2:20 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
dk7th wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
dk7th wrote:

you can deny his skillset if he doesn't make others better and in effect accumulates stats in a vacuum.

you can't build around such players which is exactly what dolan is forcing grunwald to do.

this is looking more and more like the iverson 76er scenario but at least iverson averaged 6 assists.

Iverson was a 5'11 combo guard handling the ball 90% of the time. He should average 6 assists.

no appreciable difference and for that amount of ball control any player should have upwards of 5 assists... wouldn't you think?

How many small forwards in history besides Lebron and Bird average 5 or 6 assists?

both were/are true franchise players because of this and you can build a championship contender around them because of this.

not only that, but:

bird averaged over 10 rebounds a game for his career, before his bad back.
bird also had a USG% of 25... not a ridiculous 35%. he was assisted on 25% of his shots, not a paltry 15%

translation he shared the rock and contributed to offensive continuity.

lebron is a far better defender than carmelo anthony is, and his TS% is close to 60 for his career. and he is assisted on 35% of his shots for his career which means he moves without the ball better than anthony and finishes far better than anthony does. he too contributes to offensive continuity to offset his 35% USG.

do you really believe the knicks have a shot at a championship the way this guy plays the game in a vacuum?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
ChuckBuck
USA
11/27/2012  2:27 PM
dk7th wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
dk7th wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
dk7th wrote:

both were/are true franchise players because of this and you can build a championship contender around them because of this.

not only that, but:

bird also had a USG% of 25... not a ridiculous 35%. he was assisted on 25% of his shots, not a paltry 15%

lebron is a far better defender than carmelo anthony is, and his TS% is close to 60 for his career. and he is assisted on 35% of his shots for his career which means he moves without the ball better than anthony and finishes far better than anthony does. he too contributes to offensive continuity to offset his 35% USG.

do you really believe the knicks have a shot at a championship the way this guy plays the game in a vacuum?

No one here said Melo is in Bird and Lebron's class. Why do you feel the need to compare them?

Ewing was no where near caliber center that Hakeem or Shaq was, doesn't mean he wasn't great for us.

Melo can be great for the Knicks, but like Ewing, will need alot of help. KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen played in a vacuum their entire career until they Superteamed together.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

11/27/2012  2:39 PM
jrodmc wrote:Tough game to listen to, but then every Nyets broadcast on WFAN is difficult for a Knicks fan to listen to:

Reggie Evans - offensive rebounds - "difference maker"

Tyson Chandler - offensive rebounds - "cleaning up the garbage"

Hey, it's nice to know other teams have homers.

JR circling back out to pass on an almost uncontested fast break layup after a turnover to go out and miss a three. I hope Woody has him running until his feet bleed for that one.

Melo had his moment in regulation and missed the 20 footer. Some nights, that one will fall. We have witnessed that. Like MJ says in the commercial, not being afraid to fail is succeeding. Work on the pressurized foul shooting, son.

The switching every 5 seconds at the end of regulation between Brewer for D and Novak for 3 is stupid. Novak wasn't doing sheet all game. Did Woody suddenly realize that those threes Brewer's been hitting this young season suddenly didn't count for this game?

Felton can make me wanna throw up just listening to his shot selection at times.

Can someone please tell JR that after the 3rd block, Bropez knows all about how his step back j works?

JR was playing good D (when he wasn't forced to double down on JJ and then watch Stack hit open 3's) and he and Melo were the only Knicks I heard other than Tyson getting O boards.

Shame we probably won't get a chance to be at full strength to play the N*yets until the playoffs.

Nice game.

Shitty ending.

was in the car and caught the halftime talk with Adrian Wojnarowski.

Wojnarowski on the nets - "number 2 in the east right behind miami"

Wojnarowski on the Knicks - "They're just not a good team"

This dude is pretty wired in...didn't like hearing that from him.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/27/2012  2:56 PM
Rookie wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Tough game to listen to, but then every Nyets broadcast on WFAN is difficult for a Knicks fan to listen to:

JR circling back out to pass on an almost uncontested fast break layup after a turnover to go out and miss a three. I hope Woody has him running until his feet bleed for that one.

Melo had his moment in regulation and missed the 20 footer. Some nights, that one will fall. We have witnessed that. Like MJ says in the commercial, not being afraid to fail is succeeding. Work on the pressurized foul shooting, son.

The switching every 5 seconds at the end of regulation between Brewer for D and Novak for 3 is stupid. Novak wasn't doing sheet all game. Did Woody suddenly realize that those threes Brewer's been hitting this young season suddenly didn't count for this game?

Felton can make me wanna throw up just listening to his shot selection at times.

Can someone please tell JR that after the 3rd block, Bropez knows all about how his step back j works?

JR was playing good D (when he wasn't forced to double down on JJ and then watch Stack hit open 3's) and he and Melo were the only Knicks I heard other than Tyson getting O boards.

Shame we probably won't get a chance to be at full strength to play the N*yets until the playoffs.

Nice game.

Shitty ending.

Wojnarowksi is pretty much the standard for NY media hate for all things Yankees, Knicks, Giants. He's the current poster boy for the underdog teams.

Very knowledgeable, but I've read his stuff for years. He's got his own biases. Like we all do.

I still say the Nyets suhuck. Let's see what they'd look like without Hump and without JJ.

So there.

ChuckBuck
USA
11/27/2012  3:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/27/2012  3:02 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Rookie wrote:

Nice game.

Shitty ending.

Wojnarowksi is pretty much the standard for NY media hate for all things Yankees, Knicks, Giants. He's the current poster boy for the underdog teams.

Very knowledgeable, but I've read his stuff for years. He's got his own biases. Like we all do.

I still say the Nyets suhuck. Let's see what they'd look like without Hump and without JJ.

So there.

Forget Hump and JJ, the Nets don't win without Reggie "Flopmaster" Evans grabbing a bajillion boards in like 5 minutes and Jerry Stackhouse turning back the clock to 1995. Somehow Deron Williams was able to thread the needle 14 times with a limpdik wrist and Brokeback Mountain Lopez able to outrebound and outblock our reigning DPOY.

Can't wait for the rematch!

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
11/27/2012  3:05 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
dk7th wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
dk7th wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
dk7th wrote:

not only that, but:

No one here said Melo is in Bird and Lebron's class. Why do you feel the need to compare them?

Ewing was no where near caliber center that Hakeem or Shaq was, doesn't mean he wasn't great for us.

Melo can be great for the Knicks, but like Ewing, will need alot of help. KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen played in a vacuum their entire career until they Superteamed together.

pierce was drafted by the celtics not traded for, and the celtics were done a fairly big favor by minnesota, but if you look closely at the numbers pierce was the better team player even before kg arrived.

nobody is going to do the knicks any favors although both dolan and melo did each other a big favor regardless of its impact on the knicks.

pierce's usg rate was closer to 30, assist rate was closer to 20, apg was closer to 4.5. he also took closer to 16-17 shots per game which is reasonable. anything over 18 shots per game is unreasonable especially when you don't impact the game positively in other areas.

and this with arguably lesser teams than carmelo has enjoyed. in other words pierce historically has demonstrated he could do more with less. not only that but he has demonstrated an ability to play within himself and not fall into becoming infatuated with himself.

in other words he was not a vacuum player to the suffocating extent that melo has been and remains.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

11/27/2012  3:24 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Rookie wrote:

Nice game.

Shitty ending.

So there.

Forget Hump and JJ, the Nets don't win without Reggie "Flopmaster" Evans grabbing a bajillion boards in like 5 minutes and Jerry Stackhouse turning back the clock to 1995. Somehow Deron Williams was able to thread the needle 14 times with a limpdik wrist and Brokeback Mountain Lopez able to outrebound and outblock our reigning DPOY.

Can't wait for the rematch!

Thanks for the perspective, that makes alot of sense. The entire interview reeked of bias to me but it was hard to balance that against Wojnarowksi's credentials. Good to know where he is coming from

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/27/2012  3:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/27/2012  3:36 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Rookie wrote:

Nice game.

Shitty ending.

So there.

Knicks are tied for first place witout Amare and Shump.

Lets see what happens when we get our guys back.

Injuries are part of the equation. Hypothetical's don't matter. At the end of the year if you have lots of injuries and you suffer, you suffer.

Both have identical records. Nets don't suck. You don't have to like them, and you may think they suck, but they don't.

They beat the knicks last nite. We did not have Kidd, but we don't have kidd if he is 28 years old in his prime do we? We get old Kidd who contributed to our 8 wins. We don't get JR Smith if he was right in the head. We don't get Sheed if he was vintage sheed and 30 years old. We don't get Amare if he was not an injury concert to Suns.

Our only true blue chip player is Melo. Don't forget Tyson was rejected in a trade 18 mos before he signed with us because he had bad toe problems. The Trade was actually voided!

Knicks are a nice story. I would love a fairy tale ending.

NUPE
Member: #4205

11/27/2012  5:02 PM
Nalod wrote:Knicks are tied for first place witout Amare and Shump.

Lets see what happens when we get our guys back.

Injuries are part of the equation. Hypothetical's don't matter. At the end of the year if you have lots of injuries and you suffer, you suffer.

Both have identical records. Nets don't suck. You don't have to like them, and you may think they suck, but they don't.

They beat the knicks last nite. We did not have Kidd, but we don't have kidd if he is 28 years old in his prime do we? We get old Kidd who contributed to our 8 wins. We don't get JR Smith if he was right in the head. We don't get Sheed if he was vintage sheed and 30 years old. We don't get Amare if he was not an injury concert to Suns.

Our only true blue chip player is Melo. Don't forget Tyson was rejected in a trade 18 mos before he signed with us because he had bad toe problems. The Trade was actually voided!

Knicks are a nice story. I would love a fairy tale ending.

This sums it up well. I don't get all the panic. Knicks will be above .500 when Amar'e and Shump return and then we will gauge the Knicks ceiling from there. Last night was very winnable without Amar'e and Shump and Kidd which speaks volumes (positively) imo.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
11/27/2012  5:22 PM
I really want to blame Felton for continuing to shoot when he knew his shot was off (3-19..really?!) but Melo going 10-16 from the FT line REALLY HURT! My man has been whining and b1tching about not getting respect from the refs and when he finally gets it...this is the performance he gives.. jeez.

I do like that Barclays arena, though....well done.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/27/2012  5:38 PM
Melo has a history of choking at the line in crunch time. Very Marbury-like
NYKMentality
Member: #4385

11/27/2012  7:09 PM
Congrats to the Nets for winning a regular season home game against the Knicks, during a game in which we were without Kidd, Shumpert and Stoudemire. Not making excuses either, these were the fact's of last night's game.

They're a better team moving forward. Because of one game. Yea, right...

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/27/2012  7:55 PM
3G4G wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

It's called

PECKING ORDER &

It's called

COACHING BY FEEL

Thanks for being forthcoming. Players all say he holds them accountable as well. When melo was asked if dantoni held guys accountable he said that isn't him.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Dagger
Member: #4184

11/27/2012  9:19 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Melo has a history of choking at the line in crunch time. Very Marbury-like
No, just no..............................
TeamBall
Member: #4386

11/27/2012  9:36 PM
Any word on Brewer's finger? I already Kidd hasnt traveled with the team but if Brewer goes down too then things are just getting worse
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/27/2012  9:39 PM
TeamBall wrote:Any word on Brewer's finger? I already Kidd hasnt traveled with the team but if Brewer goes down too then things are just getting worse

Brewer is starting. Going to tape his dislocated ring finger. It is not broken

Game thread: Knicks Vs Nets 11/26.....Opening nite for Orange & Blue Vs the Black & White!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy