[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game thread: Knicks Vs Nets 11/26.....Opening nite for Orange & Blue Vs the Black & White!
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/1/2012  12:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/1/2012  12:06 PM
Never too early to talk about opening nite!

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/8203831/brooklyn-nets-open-inaugural-season-hosting-new-york-knicks

Felton Vs Deron
Brewer Vs Joe Johnson
Tyson vs BroPez
Amare vs KharHumPian
Melo vs Wallace

Tyson (defense) vs BroPez (offense) is an intriguing matchup and perhaps tips the balance. Nets may have the best back court in the league and we might be the strongest front court in the league.

The Battle for NY is on!

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
8/1/2012  12:47 PM
I don't think bropez's lack of rebounding will be an issue with wallace, hump, and reach around. It should be a great game.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
8/1/2012  1:00 PM
Wow early! I predict a 10 point win for the Knickerbockers, 102-92.
Nalod
USA
8/1/2012  1:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/1/2012  1:42 PM
When you look at the match up on paper its very compelling.

Knicks edge should be chemistry and bench depth with its "experienced" bench.

Nets are fundamentally positioned in its starting line up.

Of course "Girls girls girls!"

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/1/2012  1:47 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:Wow early! I predict a 10 point win for the Knickerbockers, 102-92.

Excellent prediction. Given the makeup of the Knicks and what we know about their approach, which will be defensive, I also think the Knicks will win by holding the Nets scoring down to about 90-95 pts. Also i'm not that impressed by the Deron/Johnson backcourt. Sure it's lightyears ahead of what we put on the floor, but I actually think the Knicks will match up really well against them.

The Nets do indeed have a really good team. I didn't think they'd be able to pull it off, but when you look up and down the roster it's not bad. I just get the feeling that this Knicks team is more ready to win right now with our experience and defensive depth.

ChuckBuck
USA
8/1/2012  1:57 PM
nixluva wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:Wow early! I predict a 10 point win for the Knickerbockers, 102-92.

Excellent prediction. Given the makeup of the Knicks and what we know about their approach, which will be defensive, I also think the Knicks will win by holding the Nets scoring down to about 90-95 pts. Also i'm not that impressed by the Deron/Johnson backcourt. Sure it's lightyears ahead of what we put on the floor, but I actually think the Knicks will match up really well against them.

The Nets do indeed have a really good team. I didn't think they'd be able to pull it off, but when you look up and down the roster it's not bad. I just get the feeling that this Knicks team is more ready to win right now with our experience and defensive depth.

I concur about the defensive makeup of the Knicks. With Chandler\Camby holding down the frontcourt, it'll be a struggle for most teams offensively, let alone the Nets. For this particular game, I could see Deron and Joe Johnson going off for 20 pts each, but will force a ton of shots to get there. No one on the Nets frontcourt scares me.

CrushAlot
USA
8/1/2012  2:02 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I concur about the defensive makeup of the Knicks. With Chandler\Camby holding down the frontcourt, it'll be a struggle for most teams offensively, let alone the Nets. For this particular game, I could see Deron and Joe Johnson going off for 20 pts each, but will force a ton of shots to get there. No one on the Nets frontcourt scares me.

The nets have tremendous rebounders in Wallace Evans and Hump.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/1/2012  2:06 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
nixluva wrote:

A big X Factor for the Knicks is STAT and what kind of shape his body is in. What kind of improvements in his game he can make this summer. If he gets his jumper back and can add some post moves, this could really catapult the Knicks onto the Elite level. STAT as a post player in addition to his other skills could be a scary proposition. I've seen him make some post moves over the years and tho they weren't perfectly smooth, you could see that it wasn't something he couldn't do better with some work. He's entering the KG phase of his career and this is the right time to perfect a turnaround jumper, drop step hook and spin moves down low.

ChuckBuck
USA
8/1/2012  2:12 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
nixluva wrote:

The nets have tremendous rebounders in Wallace Evans and Hump.

I wouldn't give them that much credit. Wallace averages about the same as Melo, Evans is a bench guy up against Camby and Thomas, and Humphries a clear edge over Amare but with Bropez invisibility on the glass, edge Knicks with Tyson.

Nalod
USA
8/27/2012  2:18 PM
I am looking forward to this game, and Miami!
Nalod
USA
8/27/2012  2:25 PM
Does anyone here planning on going? There was an article written (misconstrued as N*t propaganda piece) that discuss how that game could be attended by many knick fans which whould be embarrassing (unless the n*ts win) for Brooklyn. We see knick love in Charlotte, Miami (before Lebron) and ATL which is crazy. Of course when the Knicks were not going so great fans would be cheering Kobe!

Anyone trying to go to this game? Or the preseason one in Uniondale?

infinitilov100
Member: #4318

8/27/2012  10:19 PM
Nalod wrote:When you look at the match up on paper its very compelling.

is that 3rd one a woman?

infinitilov100

8/27/2012  10:22 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I concur about the defensive makeup of the Knicks. With Chandler\Camby holding down the frontcourt, it'll be a struggle for most teams offensively, let alone the Nets.
For this particular game, I could see Deron and Joe Johnson going off for 20 pts each, but will force a ton of shots to get there. No one on the Nets frontcourt scares me.

Count down time?

AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
8/27/2012  11:54 PM
Who knows which Amare will show up at the beginning of the season.
NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
CashMoney
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #3374
USA
8/27/2012  11:57 PM
AnubisADL wrote:Who knows which Amare will show up at the beginning of the season.

Beast mode Amare.

Blue & Orange 4 Life!
CrushAlot
USA
8/28/2012  12:14 AM
AnubisADL wrote:Who knows which Amare will show up at the beginning of the season.

I think Amare is supremely confident and incredibly prepared for this season. I think his chemistry with Felton helps him get off to a fast start. Hopefully Woodson puts Kurt in to stomp Bropez's foot. When Evans was a raptor he played great against the Knicks and Amare. I don't think he gets the minutes and I don't think he has the same success now the Knicks play a more traditional line up.

infinitilov100

8/28/2012  3:20 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

I think Amare is supremely confident and incredibly prepared for this season. I think his chemistry with Felton helps him get off to a fast start. Hopefully Woodson puts Kurt in to stomp Bropez's foot. When Evans was a raptor he played great against the Knicks and Amare. I don't think he gets the minutes and I don't think he has the same success now the Knicks play a more traditional line up.

smackeddog
Member: #883
8/28/2012  5:00 PM
The problem with the nets is that they have a few players that seem to play better against us than vs other teams. Deron Williams absolutely killed us last time- it was embarrassing to watch Lin get whooped so badly. When Deron is motivated, he is tough to contain.

Also I vaguely remember their overpaid centre was killing us in a preseason or regular season game before he got injured- he was even rebounding. (did this actually happen or is it a false memory?). Kardashian also seems to play well against us despite the booing.

It's important that we win this game- we can nip this potential fan mutany to the nets in the bud- we need to stop Nalod going to the dark side. Seriously though, if the nets beat us, we're never going to hear the end of it and the media will be pushing all kinds of 'nets will over take the knicks' stories, which is not how I want to start the season. Plus we play the heat the next day- don't want to start 0-2.

CrushAlot
USA
8/28/2012  5:24 PM
smackeddog wrote:The problem with the nets is that they have a few players that seem to play better against us than vs other teams. Deron Williams absolutely killed us last time- it was embarrassing to watch Lin get whooped so badly. When Deron is motivated, he is tough to contain.

Also I vaguely remember their overpaid centre was killing us in a preseason or regular season game before he got injured- he was even rebounding. (did this actually happen or is it a false memory?). Kardashian also seems to play well against us despite the booing.

It's important that we win this game- we can nip this potential fan mutany to the nets in the bud- we need to stop Nalod going to the dark side. Seriously though, if the nets beat us, we're never going to hear the end of it and the media will be pushing all kinds of 'nets will over take the knicks' stories, which is not how I want to start the season. Plus we play the heat the next day- don't want to start 0-2.

Kardashian was amazing in that second game when Williams welcomed Lin to the NBA. I think the Knicks added enough size to neutralize him more but I agree about them stepping up their game.
Nalod
USA
8/28/2012  5:27 PM
infinitilov100 wrote:
Nalod wrote:When you look at the match up on paper its very compelling.

is that 3rd one a woman?

what is your hope?

Game thread: Knicks Vs Nets 11/26.....Opening nite for Orange & Blue Vs the Black & White!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy