[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jeremy Lin upset at Knicks for not offering a contract before Houston did
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
7/11/2012  11:54 AM
i know martin mentioned this earlier in the thread, but i did not realize this was true:

Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeckNYT

Most Knicks could have offered Lin was about $23.6 mil. Houston offer that NY will match is $28.8 mil. Playing the market was smart move.

Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeckNYT

Wrote this before, but worth repeating: Knicks could not have given Lin same $ that Houston did. Lin got better deal because of Rockets.

so, Houston essentially did Lin and the Knicks a favor. Perhaps why the Camby deal was so favorable for Houston? and if that could ever be proven, I'm sure Stern would kill people.

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
7/11/2012  11:56 AM
Nalod wrote:I read that Lin eats the blue M&M's just to piss off Melo! Kidd needs to show Lin how to enjoy the Red ones as well, this way there are enough for Melo. Amare is a Reeces pieces guy and Tyson likes Jr Mints! I heard that Melo is not fond of Jr mints but his agent said if the right endorsement opportunity came along he would reconsider.

You guys buying any of this?

I friend of mines cousin is married to a girl who rides the train with a friend, whos brother shared a cab with a dude from staten island, who marriend into a family that owns a restuarant that employs a waitress, shose grandfather came to the country from Italy with a guy from Ireland, whos nephew worked in a bagel store next to the Garden and saw Amare eating a slice of pizza that he said his thrid cousin who used to work at Sbarro in highschool before he graduated and had a college roomate from Florida, who once said "hi" to JJ reddick in orlando but still thought he was a jerk because his aunt went to Florida State when Charlie Ward was there and Charlie tried to hit on the daughter of the women who worked in the dinner hall that Charlie used to get extra meatloaf from on game days, but got in trouble by the uncle of the supervisor who eventually moved to NYC, and now works in a Duane Reed, and he said Melo buys bags of M&M's (he has a driver come in an actually buy them) and the driver said that Melo likes blue ones so it must be true!!!!

Mmm M&Ms, Reese's pieces and JR mints ....

crzymdups
USA
7/11/2012  11:57 AM
god, mitch lawrence is getting ripped to shreds by every NY beat writer.

Ian O'Connor ‏@Ian_OConnor

Jeremy Lin was so upset at #Knicks that he celebrated his Houston offer sheet over dinner with Knicks assist Kenny Atkinson

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
7/11/2012  11:58 AM
Nalod wrote:I read that Lin eats the blue M&M's just to piss off Melo! Kidd needs to show Lin how to enjoy the Red ones as well, this way there are enough for Melo. Amare is a Reeces pieces guy and Tyson likes Jr Mints! I heard that Melo is not fond of Jr mints but his agent said if the right endorsement opportunity came along he would reconsider.

I friend of mines cousin is married to a girl who rides the train with a friend, whos brother shared a cab with a dude from staten island, who marriend into a family that owns a restuarant that employs a waitress, shose grandfather came to the country from Italy with a guy from Ireland, whos nephew worked in a bagel store next to the Garden and saw Amare eating a slice of pizza that he said his thrid cousin who used to work at Sbarro in highschool before he graduated and had a college roomate from Florida, who once said "hi" to JJ reddick in orlando but still thought he was a jerk because his aunt went to Florida State when Charlie Ward was there and Charlie tried to hit on the daughter of the women who worked in the dinner hall that Charlie used to get extra meatloaf from on game days, but got in trouble by the uncle of the supervisor who eventually moved to NYC, and now works in a Duane Reed, and he said Melo buys bags of M&M's (he has a driver come in an actually buy them) and the driver said that Melo likes blue ones so it must be true!!!!

no, you're right. personalities have nothing to do with it. it's like a video games where you just add up the numbers.

¿ △ ?
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/11/2012  12:09 PM

I'm a guy of a guy of a guy from Ireland, and I endorse this message. Charlie Ward hitting on a cafeteria woman's daughter not withstanding. Atlhough I always did wonder if Ewing's influence at the Atlanta Golden Ho's club did eventually lead to some rather nasty post-game center court prayers about Knicks City Dancers and they're ability to only be ovulating during road trips which would allow Charlie to bury his football without fear of having to kill an unborn future Christian, which, of course led to the whole Anucha incident followed by the truck and Stephon not fully realizing that his small man issues were without basis because the second cousin of the inventor of Vaseline actually knew that it would be good to eat and would also increase your semen quality for POV vids which is why JR decided not to show any creampie shots during the evening with Miss holy rolly polly azz because his vaseline had expired and as it turns out, the edible ingredients within vaseline are also the tastiest parts of cafeteria meatloaf at Florida State, which, in turn, explains why they stick with the "SEMINoles" as the team name. That nasty Charlie Ward guy, no wonder he never had legs at the end of games!

crzymdups
USA
7/11/2012  12:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/11/2012  12:13 PM
Hahn on the Lin saga...

Alan Hahn

Sneak preview of Lin story in upcoming Fix: The Knicks have been criticized in the past for negotiating against themselves for players (and coaches) and still overpaying. The more logical play was to allow Jeremy to set his market value by receiving the best offer he could get and then let the Knicks match and that's exactly what happened when the Rockets came in with a four-year, $28 million deal. But had the Knicks jumped in early and reached an agreement in principle with Lin at a number his agents felt was fair (in other words, maximum), Lin could have kept his commiment to USA Basketball and played for the Select Team in workouts with the Olympic team. This would have been very good for his development and preparation for the coming season. Instead, Lin pulled out of the USA Basketball training camp in Las Vegas. On top of that, other players have told me Lin took to heart some strong criticism from Woodson during exit interviews after the season ended. Woodson was tough on all of the players and challenged every one of them -- including Carmelo Anthony -- to work on their weaknesses and come back stronger and better when training camp opened. Lin is a very proud player who is well-aware there are many naysayers out there who have proclaimed Linsanity to be a passing fad. Confidence from his coach is critical. The two did meet last month in Los Angeles over dinner, where Woodson tried to carefully smooth over any issues Lin had from the exit interview...

Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn

But a lot more to it, plus other perspectives, in upcoming Fix. Will post soon…

¿ △ ?
ChuckBuck
USA
7/11/2012  12:11 PM
Charlie Ward! Reminds me of the good ole days...

jrodmc
USA
7/11/2012  12:15 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:Charlie Ward! Reminds me of the good ole days...

He always had to be looking up, to keep from seeing this all the time:

ChuckBuck
USA
7/11/2012  12:15 PM
crzymdups wrote:Hahn on the Lin saga...

Alan Hahn

Sneak preview of Lin story in upcoming Fix: The Knicks have been criticized in the past for negotiating against themselves for players (and coaches) and still overpaying. The more logical play was to allow Jeremy to set his market value by receiving the best offer he could get and then let the Knicks match and that's exactly what happened when the Rockets came in with a four-year, $28 million deal. But had the Knicks jumped in early and reached an agreement in principle with Lin at a number his agents felt was fair (in other words, maximum), Lin could have kept his commiment to USA Basketball and played for the Select Team in workouts with the Olympic team. This would have been very good for his development and preparation for the coming season. Instead, Lin pulled out of the USA Basketball training camp in Las Vegas. On top of that, other players have told me Lin took to heart some strong criticism from Woodson during exit interviews after the season ended. Woodson was tough on all of the players and challenged every one of them -- including Carmelo Anthony -- to work on their weaknesses and come back stronger and better when training camp opened. Lin is a very proud player who is well-aware there are many naysayers out there who have proclaimed Linsanity to be a passing fad. Confidence from his coach is critical. The two did meet last month in Los Angeles over dinner, where Woodson tried to carefully smooth over any issues Lin had from the exit interview...

Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn

Looks like there's more legs to this story than just passing fancy. Woody and Melo had to have steak dinner with this dude just to smooth things out. Sounds like a sensitive guy to me. Kidd will teach him, mold him to be tougher both on and off the court. Kids nowadays...

jrodmc
USA
7/11/2012  12:18 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:

Alan Hahn

Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn

Looks like there's more legs to this story than just passing fancy. Woody and Melo had to have steak dinner with this dude just to smooth things out. Sounds like a sensitive guy to me. Kidd will teach him, mold him to be tougher both on and off the court. Kids nowadays...

Lin's sensitive to criticism from a former pro who's a proven commodity at coach at the highest level on the planet? Based on what??? His tremendous 4 weeks in the league? Lin has issues that need to be smoothed over???

Someone has been seriously f-ing this kids head up if any of this is near true.

crzymdups
USA
7/11/2012  12:21 PM
hahn downplaying it.

Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn

Your reactions to Lin situation are why these stories get headlines, so don’t criticize media for doing them. But it’s really not major.

though this is kinda what i was talking about. Lin was D'antoni's guy. D'Antoni never liked Melo. Woodson took over and immediately made sure he had Melo in his corner, which meant de-emphasizing Lin a little bit. If Woodson is critical of Lin in the exit interviews, it might play in to a lot more than just Woodson was mean to him. I think it's part and parcel of the whole Lin/Melo issue that is a real thing, whether people want to make M&M jokes or not.

i think they can get past it. and i think Kidd and Camby help a lot in that regard. particularly Kidd.

but to me, this situation is on Woodson and Melo as much it's on Lin.

¿ △ ?
RonRon
Member: #246
7/11/2012  12:23 PM

LOL, did you really write this yourself or did you get it somewhere?
It is very complex, hard to visualize, and requires a lot of creativity/imagination to read or write it.

crzymdups
USA
7/11/2012  12:38 PM
Jeremy Lin ‏@JLin7

Lol why do u guys believe everything? No quotes from me = probably not true

¿ △ ?
holfresh
Member: #1081

7/11/2012  12:39 PM
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

Alan Hahn

Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn

Lin's sensitive to criticism from a former pro who's a proven commodity at coach at the highest level on the planet? Based on what??? His tremendous 4 weeks in the league? Lin has issues that need to be smoothed over???

Someone has been seriously f-ing this kids head up if any of this is near true.

Linbury??

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/11/2012  12:47 PM
jrodmc wrote:

hahahahaaha

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/11/2012  12:58 PM
jrodmc wrote:

Unfortunately, Charlie never had Mark Jackson to mentor him on the nuances of playmaking on and off the court.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
DurzoBlint
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1152
USA
7/11/2012  1:00 PM

you mean when we had 2scrub point guards that couldn't shoot or guard anyone??? Charlie Ward and Chris Childs were awful. Ward was an exceptional cherector guy but, should have never been a starting point guard on any pro team. Same with Chris Childs

the fact that you can't even have an unrelated thread without some tool here bringing him up make me think that rational minds are few and far between. Bunch of emotionally weak, angst riddled people. I mean, how many times can you argue the same shyt
JamesLin
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3944
USA
7/11/2012  1:14 PM
You guys are idiots. Source is corrupted and uncalled for. Lucky that Lin didn't sue Daily News for spreading rumors. If Lin didn't say anything and Daily News said Lin is upset, can you hear the echo in your brain?
Get busy living or get busy dying. ---- Andy Dufresne
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
7/11/2012  1:19 PM
JamesLin wrote:You guys are idiots. Source is corrupted and uncalled for. Lucky that Lin didn't sue Daily News for spreading rumors. If Lin didn't say anything and Daily News said Lin is upset, can you hear the echo in your brain?

i have no idea what's true or not, nor do i care, but i just think this is funny coming from the guy whose name is "JamesLin." yeah, im sure you're absolutely unbiased on the issue.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
JamesLin
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3944
USA
7/11/2012  1:25 PM
nyk4ever wrote:
JamesLin wrote:You guys are idiots. Source is corrupted and uncalled for. Lucky that Lin didn't sue Daily News for spreading rumors. If Lin didn't say anything and Daily News said Lin is upset, can you hear the echo in your brain?

i have no idea what's true or not, nor do i care, but i just think this is funny coming from the guy whose name is "JamesLin." yeah, im sure you're absolutely unbiased on the issue.

Well, the funny thing is, I can now buy an authentic game jersey without paying the modified name price tag... that's about as much as I appreciate him for at this moment. I am just stating fact from fiction: People believing that Lin is upset because Daily News said so without a single legit source is like me saying "Hey, tell your daughter and sister last night in bed was tight," and you get all upset about it.

Get busy living or get busy dying. ---- Andy Dufresne
Jeremy Lin upset at Knicks for not offering a contract before Houston did

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy