This euphoria is a little over the top
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
4/10/2012  7:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/10/2012  7:43 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:Just for the record, those who were predicting that the Knicks would have only a .550 season were called haters a few months ago.
http://ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=40277&page=5
I'm not sure what the difference is between a *hater* and a *realist posting on ultimateknicks.com*

difference is Dantoni is gone now and the team can finally reach its potential which is problably top 2 seed under Woodson not .500 ball

It's not a 14 game season. We were making predictions for what the actual W-L record would be.

Regardless, I'm not sure I get your point. You're saying that means those predicting a .550 season were haters?

AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
USA
4/10/2012  7:46 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:Just for the record, those who were predicting that the Knicks would have only a .550 season were called haters a few months ago.
I'm not sure what the difference is between a *hater* and a *realist posting on ultimateknicks.com*

difference is Dantoni is gone now and the team can finally reach its potential which is problably top 2 seed under Woodson not .500 ball

It's not a 14 game season. We were making predictions for what the actual W-L record would be.

Regardless, I'm not sure I get your point. You're saying that means those predicting a .550 season were haters?

And don't forget the roster we were making predictions about didn't have Lin on it. Baron Davis and Toney Douglas were supposed to be our full-time PGs.
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
4/10/2012  7:46 AM
Sad Day On A Discussion Forum

Michael Jordan drops 55 on the Knicks. Bulls fans euphoric.

Carmelo Anthony drops 43 on the Bulls. Select few Knicks fans unhappy because other Knicks fans are celebrating too loudly.

Police are called to the scene to investigate.

once a knick always a knick
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/10/2012  7:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/10/2012  7:54 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

No not in every case. Only those who doubted a roster consisting of Melo, Amare & Chandler. That they would barely make the playoffs. Which is what happened because the previous coach stayed 3/4s of the season too long.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/10/2012  8:02 AM
misterearl wrote:Sad Day On A Discussion Forum

Carmelo Anthony drops 43 on the Bulls. Select few Knicks fans unhappy because other Knicks fans are celebrating too loudly.

+1 for the answerman!

Cudos to whoever came up with the middle school girl Nuggie crush comment that rid the thread of Ms.MarbaGallo.

And remember, as has been pointed out, Rose, Durant, Kobe, Wade go iso and win games, CLUTCH!!! MVP! MVP! MVP!

UK thread: Melo go iso, win game in OT: STFU stupid naive Knick fans! The end is near! Don't forget we have traded away the franchise for a prima dona and we have a second tier coach on a freak winning streak! Lin is hurt! Chandler only has one ring! Dolan is busy sniffing IT's tampons! Bail out! Bail out! Bail out! Get thee to Brooklyn while the getting is good!

Bonn1997
USA
4/10/2012  8:09 AM
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

No not in every case. Only those who doubted a roster consisting of Melo, Amare & Chandler. That they would barely make the playoffs. Which is what happened because the previous coach stayed 3/4s of the season too long.

Again, no one foresaw Lin when making their predictions. Baron was out the majority of the season too. Let's say that for the majority of the season we had Woodson and our PGs were Toney Douglas and Iman Shumpert. Then for the final 2 months of the season an old Baron Davis gets added to the picture. It's unreasonable to think this team would just squeeze into the playoffs? How great do you think that team would be?
Bonn1997
USA
4/10/2012  8:10 AM
misterearl wrote:Sad Day On A Discussion Forum

You got it all wrong. We're not unhappy because some are celebrating too loudly. We just don't like being called haters because we don't celebrate loudly enough.

gunsnewing
USA
4/10/2012  8:12 AM
I do agree with whoever it was that said that conversations tend to go south once the word "Hater" is tossed around
misterearl
USA
4/10/2012  8:17 AM
The Answer Man May Not Be Right, But He Is Never Wrong

Bonn1997 wrote:You got it all wrong. We're not unhappy because some are celebrating too loudly. We just don't like being called haters because we don't celebrate loudly enough.

Bonn1997 - did someone call you a hater?

Tell me who did and I'll punch his lights out.

To be clear, I could care less whether you celebrate or are sour-faced. It's only basketball and the Knicks are too much fun.

Please pass me an extra noisemaker and party hat.

Beat Chicago.

gunsnewing
USA
4/10/2012  8:19 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:

Again, no one foresaw Lin when making their predictions. Baron was out the majority of the season too. Let's say that for the majority of the season we had Woodson and our PGs were Toney Douglas and Iman Shumpert. Then for the final 2 months of the season an old Baron Davis gets added to the picture. It's unreasonable to think this team would just squeeze into the playoffs? How great do you think that team would be?

Its one thing to think the team isn't a finished product then to proclaim the team will never get out of the 1st round because of Melo. A lot of people wanted to see Melo fail in order to say they were right about Gallo & the Denver trade

holfresh
Member: #1081

4/10/2012  9:23 AM
loweyecue wrote:Yeah it was a thrill to watch those shots go down and to beat the bulls. I agree that Melo is playing well and the team defense has been really good under Woodson. No issues with that. But I am not sure we can beat the Bulls in a 7 game series.

The Bulls cut down a 21 point deficit to take the lead. They can do that seven out of seven games. It's not like we can suddenly take our defense up by another three or four notches. But for us to win it took two three point shots by Melo to end regulation and then OT. This isn't about Melo but that is not repeatable 7 out 7 games.

Woodson's excessive reliance on Melo and STAT when he was in, is rendering the rest of our offense useless. It's not like Melo is being selfish, but Woody is not calling any plays to get anyone other than Melo involved in any offense. Melo can't beat defenses like Bulls/ Heat every game in a playoff series, and what we saw late Q3 and early Q4 yesterday will bite us in the butt. None of our other scoters have any flow or rhythm of any kind.

MDA was all ball movement and sharing Woody has been all stagnation and isolation. We need to find a balance between the two otherwise we won't get out of te first round. I am just not seeing any signs of Woody doing that. And that's concerning to me.

U think the euphoria is over the top now, let the Knicks somehow pull out the next two games...

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
4/10/2012  9:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/10/2012  9:43 AM
It's always some agenda with some posters:

-Hated the Melo trade
-Loved the old(youth) Knicks
-Loved Linsanity
-Hate ISO ball
-Love SSOL
-Hate Melo
-Hate Dolan, so they think every organizational move reeks of it
-Miss Walsh
-Hated D'Antoni resigning/getting fired

And somehow through all this turmoil, undermanned, the Knicks are battling, beating teams with defense and timely offense. And somehow, a select few still continue to poo poo on what's supposed to be a "Feel Good" win. Whatever happened to "Enjoying the Ride"? Have we been scarred for so long by over a decade of futility that we forgot how to have fun? Seems like everytime the Knicks have a little bit of success, one small contingent of fans will always dismiss it, blast it, criticize for whatever reason.

AnubisADL
Alba Posts: 13
Member: #2771
USA
4/10/2012  9:51 AM
I don't think it's an agenda. They just don't like the direction of the team.

It would make sense since I didn't like the direction of the previous regime but I've been loving the direction since the Melo trade.

NY Knicks - Retirement home for players and GMs
gunsnewing
USA
4/10/2012  9:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/10/2012  9:59 AM
Keyword small contingent. Just wait til the next 3 game losing streak and those who are sad the knicks are winning now will expose themselves. Thats if the knicks have another 3 game losing streak this year
misterearl
USA
4/10/2012  10:34 AM
You Know Who You Are

A lot of people wanted to see Melo fail in order to say they were right about Gallo & the Denver trade

nah. Just one.

Everyone else is having a blast

Bonn1997
USA
4/10/2012  10:44 AM
misterearl wrote:The Answer Man May Not Be Right, But He Is Never Wrong

Bonn1997 wrote:You got it all wrong. We're not unhappy because some are celebrating too loudly. We just don't like being called haters because we don't celebrate loudly enough.

To be clear, I could care less whether you celebrate or are sour-faced. It's only basketball and the Knicks are too much fun.

Beat Chicago.

Thanks; I get called a Melo-hater pretty often. I would be happy if you punched MrKnickFans lights out. JK!
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
4/10/2012  11:12 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:

Beat Chicago.

Thanks; I get called a Melo-hater pretty often. I would be happy if you punched MrKnickFans lights out. JK!

Just add an extra 't' ala papabear. It really takes the sting out.

https:// It's not so hard.
mrKnickShot
Alba Posts: 16
Member: #3553

4/10/2012  11:41 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:

Beat Chicago.

Are you referring to me? I never called you a hater! I called you an As$hole!

haha - just kidding

IrishKnickFan
Member: #4171

4/10/2012  11:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/10/2012  11:44 AM
I dont know why some think people are getting on melo. it seems to me everyone is happy with melo. The team is doing well despite key injuries so people should be excited
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/10/2012  11:49 AM
IrishKnickFan wrote:I dont know why some think people are getting on melo. it seems to me everyone is happy with melo. The team is doing well despite key injuries so people should be excited

I agree. I am totally excited about this team. I am quietly trying to plan our family vacation around games this week.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
This euphoria is a little over the top

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy